Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 13 Jan. 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
and happy new year!!!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by EatAnts; 01-13-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

...A chilly GOOD MORNING to you all IP'ers....quite a brisk day here in NJ !!

NSV this morning...I slip right into jeans I haven't worn in 2 yrs ...YAY...and I am meeting a friend for lunch today that I haven't seen since starting IP...I shall wear my new(old) jeans !!

Went to MD w hub last night...he is READY to start the IP way of life...he is on meds, for hypertension, high cholesterol and was diagnosed w diabetes 2 yrs ago....MD said to him " u can lose weight or we can keep pumping u with more medication" .... all his wt is in his belly, he has NO butt and NO thighs......I told him " I can help u and guide u but I am NOT ur Mother and I will not nag u and I am NOT at ur office so YOU have to be able to just say NO to the junk that is supplied there, Popeyes chicken, portegese food for lunch, Pizza, etc.... Sunday he starts !!!

Here's to a 100% IP day !! ENJOY!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #3  
Donna

S/C/G: 207/195.4/130

Height: 5'2''

Day 1 today! Got up and had my wild berry drink! My biggest challange will be drinking all that water. But I know I can do it.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Morning, it is chilly here today as well. There is also some fresh snow.

I have my second WI in tomorrow morning!! Really these last two weeks have flown by.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchd View Post
Day 1 today! Got up and had my wild berry drink! My biggest challange will be drinking all that water. But I know I can do it.

I believe you can do it also!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #6  
Donna

S/C/G: 207/195.4/130

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
I believe you can do it also!

Thanks! It helps to have people on my side!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Good Morning All!

Yes, I am FINALLY on days off! I hope everyone has a fabulous day! Today I have dedicated to my little boy. I haven't been home much lately with work, so today is his day!
Tomorrow is WI #15 for me, I am hoping that my little plateau due to some cheats has started to move. I am now 23 days to The Bahamas!!!!!

Have a great day everyone! Off to play play doh and make train tracks!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #8  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Morning Everyone. It is chilly in Alberta too! We are getting some light snow and a nasty wind from the NW. The weather isn't supposed to improve until about Tuesday but hey it is January and Alberta.
Pretty excited about seeing the scale move again. I lost a bit of weight over Christmas but for the most part have stalled out for the past 3 weeks. Between getting back on protocol 100% and making myself accountable to the forum and some forum members, these last few lbs will have no excuse to stay.
Have a great IP day everyone.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #9  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

W1 last night. Down 6.4lbs! I was really hoping for more but I'll take it! Fingers crossed next weeks is around the same amount.

Question I forgot to ask my coach, why are onions listed as acceptable veggy but raw only?

Have a great IP day everyone!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
W1 last night. Down 6.4lbs! I was really hoping for more but I'll take it! Fingers crossed next weeks is around the same amount.

Question I forgot to ask my coach, why are onions listed as acceptable veggy but raw only?

Way to goooooooooooo!!!! Keep up the momentum!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #11  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
...A chilly GOOD MORNING to you all IP'ers....quite a brisk day here in NJ !!

NSV this morning...I slip right into jeans I haven't worn in 2 yrs ...YAY...and I am meeting a friend for lunch today that I haven't seen since starting IP...I shall wear my new(old) jeans !!

Went to MD w hub last night...he is READY to start the IP way of life...he is on meds, for hypertension, high cholesterol and was diagnosed w diabetes 2 yrs ago....MD said to him " u can lose weight or we can keep pumping u with more medication" .... all his wt is in his belly, he has NO butt and NO thighs......I told him " I can help u and guide u but I am NOT ur Mother and I will not nag u and I am NOT at ur office so YOU have to be able to just say NO to the junk that is supplied there, Popeyes chicken, portegese food for lunch, Pizza, etc.... Sunday he starts !!!

Here's to a 100% IP day !! ENJOY!!!
That's awesome that he is now going to be doing this with you!!! Just love your response about not being his Mother...
Old 01-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #12  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Quote:

I think that cooking the onions may take away from the fiber. At least that's my theory I use the dried onions and soak them in water before adding them to what ever dish I'm cooking.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #13  

Quote:

Way to go! Keep up the good work!

About the onions, I think it's because when you cook onions the sugar is released and made more available.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #14  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Ugg completely on protocol but also TOM and GAINING a pound a day. I know in my heart it is just water but still so frustrating. Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #15  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Your weigh-in brought you out of TWOderville and into ONEderland! Celebrating for you!

As far onions, yes, when cooked, they caramelize, releasing sugars.

Way to go Wednesday weighers!!! I'm thrilled with my inches lost yesterday (6, plus 9 from week 1! That's 15" altogether. More than a foot!)

Doug, I added you to my Skype! Waiting for you to approve.

Hope everyone has a great IP day!
Closed Thread