Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

ugh- another day this week at the same weight. i guess i just need to wait until my official weigh in to see the change. (if there is one- YIKES!). i was really loving that great reinforcement of weight loss on the scale each morning. seeing that change every day was very motivating for me! i really don't want to complain, b/c i lost more last week than i ever have. just NERVOUS!
i also have a question- has anyone had difficulty sleeping? since i started this diet, i've had trouble falling and staying asleep. I've never had this problem before, and i'm never hungry at bedtime.... any ideas?
Old 01-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #17  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by debonadiet View Post
ugh- another day this week at the same weight. i guess i just need to wait until my official weigh in to see the change. (if there is one- YIKES!). i was really loving that great reinforcement of weight loss on the scale each morning. seeing that change every day was very motivating for me! i really don't want to complain, b/c i lost more last week than i ever have. just NERVOUS!
i also have a question- has anyone had difficulty sleeping? since i started this diet, i've had trouble falling and staying asleep. I've never had this problem before, and i'm never hungry at bedtime.... any ideas?
I have trouble falling asleep too. The past few nights I have been taking a cup of hot decafe tea to bed, seems to be helping.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #18  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning it is freezing here in NJ especially when you have to be at work at 7 am. Oh my goodness it was chilly warming up the car this morning in the dark.

On my 11th day with IP and having no problems just chugging along.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
W1 last night. Down 6.4lbs! I was really hoping for more but I'll take it! Fingers crossed next weeks is around the same amount.

Question I forgot to ask my coach, why are onions listed as acceptable veggy but raw only?

Have a great IP day everyone!
When onions cook, they caramelize releasing sugars. I was told I could cook them, but not to soft, they can be lightly sauteed.

Congrats on the great loss!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #20  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

I have another question I want to throw out there.
Some days I only have 2 IP packets. My coach told me I must be having 3 at my weight, but I'm not hungry as I make my lunch veggies last all afternoon and don't eat dinner untill 7pm. he says I shouldn't go without eating for 12 hours but I don't wake up overly hungry. I thought I could just could just keep going on 2 packets a third if I need one. Anyone else do this?
Old 01-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #21  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Brrrrr! Iowa is cold this morning!
Welcome to all the newbies and congratulations to all those who lost weight this week. Just stopping by to report I am back on protocol and feeling great! I started physical therapy for my back yesterday and the therapist mentioned that it was great that I had lost weight which will help reduce the pain in my back. Just think if I hadn't lost those pounds. Now to lose those remaining pounds and to build the muscles in my back.

Those of you that are like me and somewhat close to goal but having a hard time, stay the course! We can do this! Here's to meeting our goals!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Default Day 2!

I`m only on the 2nd day, already lost 2#...how is that possible in only 1 day?! Also, the ketostix last nite said I was starting into ketosis, I thought it took about 3 days to get there?? I am excited to be getting results so quick, just seems too good to be true??!!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #23  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I have another question I want to throw out there.
Some days I only have 2 IP packets. My coach told me I must be having 3 at my weight, but I'm not hungry as I make my lunch veggies last all afternoon and don't eat dinner untill 7pm. he says I shouldn't go without eating for 12 hours but I don't wake up overly hungry. I thought I could just could just keep going on 2 packets a third if I need one. Anyone else do this?
3 packets are required...whatever your weight is! You are not eating enough to be healthy. If you are not hungry, then stop nibbling. Eat your veggies as a meal and give your body a chance to digest before the next meal. You don't mention which packet you're giving up, but you should be having one for breakfast, one for lunch or supper and another for a snack about an hour before bed.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Morning All!

Yes, I am FINALLY on days off! I hope everyone has a fabulous day! Today I have dedicated to my little boy. I haven't been home much lately with work, so today is his day!
Tomorrow is WI #15 for me, I am hoping that my little plateau due to some cheats has started to move. I am now 23 days to The Bahamas!!!!!

Have a great day everyone! Off to play play doh and make train tracks!
I'm having a home day today as well! Right after I finish my "mocha" (chocolate shake mixed and then added to my coffee), we're going to play pirates and have a tea party! I love my home days with my little boy!! The hard part about being at home is drinking all the water and not nibbling!!! I'm going to put a roast in the slow cooker for supper tonight - its a cold and windy day here in Saskatchewan....have a great play day!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #25  

Quote:
W1 last night. Down 6.4lbs! I was really hoping for more but I'll take it! Fingers crossed next weeks is around the same amount.

Question I forgot to ask my coach, why are onions listed as acceptable veggy but raw only?

Have a great IP day everyone!
My coach told me that when we cook onions the natural sugars in the them caramelize. I add onions to cooking, but make sure they don't caramelize. So far it's working for me, but this isn't a strict IP thing to do!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #26  

Hello out there, burr its cold even here in Florida... Maybe a good day to start a diet. I am going to try again, seems I just can not get the my body willing to lose. Any suggestions on which way is best to get started would be appreciated. I have tried several diets, but just can not seem to get started losing.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

...JCWILKIE...my coach also stresses the 3 packets a day !! The body needs it !!
I am NOT an evening snacker/eater.... I will sometimes have my 3rd IP packet at 4pm, then dinner at 6-6:30....then the kitchen is CLOSED!!!

MAMADANCER is right....I eat all veggies within 30 mins at lunch, then I am full till my 4pm snack.....Good Luck !!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #28  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

I know this belongs on the exercise thread and I have read and reread the thread, but just looking for first hand experience. Has anyone noticed that weight training slows progress.

I started September 13th and have lost 3-4 pounds every week without a stall or plateau. I am a 100% kinda gal (as some of you already know). I started intense weight training (with a personal trainer) last Sunday. I have done 2 sessions and today is my third. Nothing has changed about my food intake (still 100% on protocol...eating the same foods I have eaten for four months). The scale has not moved since Saturday. I know the "don't step on the scale every day thing", but it is probably the only thing that has kept me so motivated as it has dropped 95% of the days since I started. Just wondering if any one with months of experience at 100% has seen this.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #29  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumeiness View Post
Hello out there, burr its cold even here in Florida... Maybe a good day to start a diet. I am going to try again, seems I just can not get the my body willing to lose. Any suggestions on which way is best to get started would be appreciated. I have tried several diets, but just can not seem to get started losing.
I'm a little confused...have you started IP? Have you talked with a coach? Recieved your products? Or are you just thinking of starting?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I'm having a home day today as well! Right after I finish my "mocha" (chocolate shake mixed and then added to my coffee), we're going to play pirates and have a tea party! I love my home days with my little boy!! The hard part about being at home is drinking all the water and not nibbling!!! I'm going to put a roast in the slow cooker for supper tonight - its a cold and windy day here in Saskatchewan....have a great play day!
Yup, I think the weather is the same across the board. Where in SK are ya? I am right on the border of SK, SK is only about 20 minutes away from me. We got a bunch of fine snow last night, the wind is up and its about -16. Feels so much more miserable though.
I'm still in my jammies, and playing play doh! YEAH! This is the life! :P!
Have a great tea party!
Closed Thread