Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 179.2/150.2/145

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
W1 last night. Down 6.4lbs! I was really hoping for more but I'll take it! Fingers crossed next weeks is around the same amount.

Question I forgot to ask my coach, why are onions listed as acceptable veggy but raw only?

Have a great IP day everyone!
Congrats on the WI. That is awesome!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #32  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I know this belongs on the exercise thread and I have read and reread the thread, but just looking for first hand experience. Has anyone noticed that weight training slows progress.

I started September 13th and have lost 3-4 pounds every week without a stall or plateau. I am a 100% kinda gal (as some of you already know). I started intense weight training (with a personal trainer) last Sunday. I have done 2 sessions and today is my third. Nothing has changed about my food intake (still 100% on protocol...eating the same foods I have eaten for four months). The scale has not moved since Saturday. I know the "don't step on the scale every day thing", but it is probably the only thing that has kept me so motivated as it has dropped 95% of the days since I started. Just wondering if any one with months of experience at 100% has seen this.

Thanks
Darbs, I'm definitely not an excercise expert, (perhaps one could chime in) but I do excercise quite a bit (dance). Have you upped your carbs or protien on workout days? I find that my body needs a little extra those days or it will stall. The regular protocal does not provide enough nutrients for intense workouts, I thought Novak or someone talked about it in the excercise sticky? Your body is in shock right now.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

Cool 2 weeks

It has been 2 weeks since i have started. I have stuck to protocal, and my scale have lost about 7 lbs. It is slow moving i am finding, especially being so strict. I did start back to the gym lifting weights on monday, hoping that this weight would melt quicker but nope. Yesterday i had horrible cravings, especially for chocolate, it was scary, i thought i might have ran out in the cold to break all my hard work! I did not, thankfully! I see my coach today. I am strong, and i know that i can do this but when you dont see great results when you have had great effort, it is a little ofsetting!

I have a question, has anyone noticed that some vegies seem to work better for them, in regards to loss?
Have an amazing day everyone!

Last edited by aheck; 01-13-2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: adding more
Old 01-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #34  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

Hey all Hope everyone is doing well, I have been on hiatus from IP for the past few months. I got bored with the protocol and just couldn't keep my willpower high enough. I have been super bad and feel awful about it, gained back about 10lbs., very depressed. I decided that today I am going to be starting over again.

I think this forum helps so very much, the past few months, I seemed to be so lost, but reading the posts on here again and hearing everyones success just motivates me to stick with it!

Anyway, today is day 1(again), hopefully no headaches this time, ha-ha
Old 01-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #35  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
W1 last night. Down 6.4lbs! I was really hoping for more but I'll take it! Fingers crossed next weeks is around the same amount.

Question I forgot to ask my coach, why are onions listed as acceptable veggy but raw only?

Have a great IP day everyone!
Because cooking onions starts to carmelize them. 20 minutes at medhigh heat and they.r almost pure sugar.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Goodmorning everyone. Seems like North America is experiencing a cold snap! Either that or we have all lost so much padding we can no longer handle temperature dips! lol
Well I got sick yesterday afternoon/evening it was like the carb/sugar withdrawl sickness started with a headache which I beat back with salt then moved on to nausea and dizziness. Still feeling the effects this AM so not quite as chipper as I have been. I did manage to read most of the afternoon and evening comments but could not reply. Thank goodness I have 2 teenage boys to take care of me sometimes they drive me bananas but there are times when they can be soooo helpful.
Can't think of anything I did any different so not sure what caused the sickness just hoping it goes away and stays away because up until yesterday I felt fanfreakintastic!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 246/232/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
...JCWILKIE...my coach also stresses the 3 packets a day !! The body needs it !!
I am NOT an evening snacker/eater.... I will sometimes have my 3rd IP packet at 4pm, then dinner at 6-6:30....then the kitchen is CLOSED!!!

MAMADANCER is right....I eat all veggies within 30 mins at lunch, then I am full till my 4pm snack.....Good Luck !!
Thats exactly what I do, I have my 3rd one at around 3 at work, and then dinner at 6, then I quit eating. I think of this as a change of lifestyle as well, and we all know that eating in the evening puts on weight.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #38  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I have another question I want to throw out there.
Some days I only have 2 IP packets. My coach told me I must be having 3 at my weight, but I'm not hungry as I make my lunch veggies last all afternoon and don't eat dinner untill 7pm. he says I shouldn't go without eating for 12 hours but I don't wake up overly hungry. I thought I could just could just keep going on 2 packets a third if I need one. Anyone else do this?
You want to lose weight, right? You want to burn fat while you sleep -- effortlessly? Take the packet.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #39  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumeiness View Post
Hello out there, burr its cold even here in Florida... Maybe a good day to start a diet. I am going to try again, seems I just can not get the my body willing to lose. Any suggestions on which way is best to get started would be appreciated. I have tried several diets, but just can not seem to get started losing.
It's cold here, too. But I'll bet you own a furnace.

Start by walking at least a mile 1/2 a day. Work up to five -- 10,000 steps. It's virtually non fail if you stay on plan.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #40  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I know this belongs on the exercise thread and I have read and reread the thread, but just looking for first hand experience. Has anyone noticed that weight training slows progress.

I started September 13th and have lost 3-4 pounds every week without a stall or plateau. I am a 100% kinda gal (as some of you already know). I started intense weight training (with a personal trainer) last Sunday. I have done 2 sessions and today is my third. Nothing has changed about my food intake (still 100% on protocol...eating the same foods I have eaten for four months). The scale has not moved since Saturday. I know the "don't step on the scale every day thing", but it is probably the only thing that has kept me so motivated as it has dropped 95% of the days since I started. Just wondering if any one with months of experience at 100% has seen this.

Thanks
I guess I'm not surprised, Darbs. You're not the first to start strenuous exercise and stop losing. I think you may be wasting your money AND doing yourself in.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

To everyone that is feeling frusturated:

Just wondering what other diet you have been on that you lost more than ? lbs. in ? weeks? And was less strict then IP...sounds like that one would be a good one to try?
OK sorry that was *****y and sarcastic but we all work very hard and we all sacrifice and some of us would kill to lose ?lbs. in a month never mind ? weeks!
Keep your head up you are doing awesome and will be slim and trim in no time at all.

Just remember you didn't get fat overnight it was a process so shouldn't it work the same in reverse!

At least this time we are aware of the changes in our bodies and get to celebrate them instead of looking in the mirror one day and thinking who the heck is that fatass and how did she (or he) steal my life?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Default Temptation is everywhere!!!

Good morning everyone! It is pretty cold in Ottawa too!!!
Last night I had my first night class of the semester and it was pretty interesting...but the downlow...sooo many people eating junk food!!!!!!!!

O-M-G it smelled like heaven for a while loll...=/ I was not very hungry but just by smelling it my mouth starting doing so much saliva I thought something was wrong with me.
Temptation is everywhere at school and it will be very hard this semester to stay in control especially at night (wed and thursday) and to be honest, I am a bit scared. I have been on protocol for a week and a half and I have never been so motived but by having all this temptation around me is something...

It will take extra discipline to prepare a healthy supper for school. I am up for the challenge and I want to prove to myself so bad that I can do this...

I also wanted to say CONGRATS to all of you for all the efforts you are putting to stay healthy and changing your life!

Have a nice day everyone!!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #43  

Quote:

Thanks
Darbs, before you decide to give up weight training, take your measurements... you may be building muscle & slimming down, but not seeing the weight loss numbers on the scale yet...

hugs
Old 01-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Ugg completely on protocol but also TOM and GAINING a pound a day. I know in my heart it is just water but still so frustrating. Have a good day everyone!
THANK GOD I am not alone! hahha yep I went up another POUND so 3 in two days ?????????? what the..........no way that is FAT...and TOM is lurking... isn't it grand to be a woman... at least we know its not due to stopping at McDonalds
Old 01-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #45  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
I think that cooking the onions may take away from the fiber. At least that's my theory I use the dried onions and soak them in water before adding them to what ever dish I'm cooking.
My coach told me the reason for this was that when you cook the onions they get caramelized and then they let out sugars. Hope this helps.
Closed Thread