Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by machbasy View Post
Morning! I slipped up last night and ate some REAL banana pudding - made with whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, cool whip, cream cheese, and Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies. I can't beat myself up over it though. Moving on....
i bumped the oops and off protocol thread
Old 01-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
i bumped the oops and off protocol thread
Good thinking!i
Old 01-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 214/184.6/160

Height: 5'8 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
I have a question for some of you. Have you ever felt jello legged or foggy headed or just plain weird on IP. I am having all of the above happening?????
I am on day 7 and feeling the same way today----yuch!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Omg!

My boyfriend and I live together. He is a large person 6'4" 280+lbs.
It is 3pm here (pacific northwest) so far today he has eaten 7!!! slices of bread! 2 sandwiches (4 slices) for breakfast more bread than lunch meat. now 4 or so hours later a sandwich and a half (3 more slices). I love my carbs but I have to say that kind of grosses me out now that I am on IP and learning to control my eating habits.
18 carbs per slice X 7 slices = 126 carbs
and that is just breakfast and lunch.
We are going to friend's for games and dinner tonight after the Seahawk's playoff game...........GO HAWKS!! sorry I digress.
dinner is turkey & rice soup with the broth being a roux. (flour and water to make the broth creamy not watery.) More carbs there. I will take shrimp and garlic mashed cauliflower for me. YUM! and crepe crackers with rosemary and sea salt for snacking.

I am the only one that has become sensitive (perhaps tooooo sensitive feel free to say so) to what is consumed around me?
Old 01-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
It is 3pm here (pacific northwest) so far today he has eaten 7!!! slices of bread! 2 sandwiches (4 slices) for breakfast more bread than lunch meat. now 4 or so hours later a sandwich and a half (3 more slices). I love my carbs but I have to say that kind of grosses me out now that I am on IP and learning to control my eating habits.
We are going to friend's for games and dinner tonight after the Seahawk's playoff game...........GO HAWKS!! sorry I digress.
dinner is turkey & rice soup with the broth being a roux. (flour and water to make the broth creamy not watery.) More carbs there. I will take shrimp and garlic mashed cauliflower for me. YUM! and crepe crackers with rosemary and sea salt for snacking.

I am the only one that has become sensitive (perhaps tooooo sensitive feel free to say so) to what is consumed around me?
I sometimes have to remind myself that there is nothing "wrong" with eating carbs. Some people are able to eat them with no bad effects, and I'm just going to have to learn to live with that.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #36  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Iam on day 2 and I can certainly sympathize with the headache thing---uggggg. But I think this is all part of the process. I am apologizing for this question as I am sure it has been asked several times (maybe we could make a sticky for this) but what kinds of IP foods do you all like? My coach gave me a variety to try. To be honest I am having issues with the really sweet ones (puddings and drinks) - I cannot stand the flavor of fake sugar and some of them are sickeningly sweet - sadly my issue is with fats and savory carbs not sweets. (same goes for Walden Farms dressings I have bought Italian, Honey Mustard, Ceasar and Ranch -- I like them in the order I have typed them but I have to really doctor them up). I do like most of the savory packets I have tried. For those of you, like me, who like it when someone tries something and comments on it or reviews it - I tried the Kale chip recipe today --- Excellent!!! Thanks to those of you who posted that recipe/idea
Old 01-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #37  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I shared a battle that I had today in the Oops thread. Funny how even after 35 pounds, there is still a little voice in my head that says it doesn't matter.

In NSV news, I bought medium shirts today at Old Navy! I have NEVER been a medium! That was pretty darn cool. And then I bumped into a coworker and her daughter at the grocery store and my coworker proceeds to tell her daughter about how much weight I've lost and don't I look good? hehehehe - it's so much fun to have SOMEONE ELSE toot my horn for me!

Last night, we dropped in on a dinner party and it was so nice that without even saying anything, there was plenty of IP friendly food, including some fabulous steelhead trout! It's always nice to not feel like the outcast.

Quote:

Okay, first - CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GAME?!?!?!?

And no, you aren't the only one that has become sensitive to these things - I find that it hits me when I go to the grocery store... I try to stay out of the aisles and just shop the perimeter - keeps most of the processed carby foods out of my eye line.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #38  

Height: 5'5"

Day 7 and finally headache is gone, this was longer than the first time I did IP. I am also feeling the "foggy head"... this too will past. I am very excited to try some DaVinci syrup I just found, it's the sugarfree Chai flavor.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #39  

Sounds good toothgirl. I'll pick that up next time I get flavors. That and gingerbread. mmm I love love the german chocolate cake flavor.

Ladyvrod and jess, WOW!!! can't believe I got so into that game! Cheers (with a water ) Now I'll eat my chicken in a foil package and bake it with the WF honey dijon dressing. Hope it turns out good!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #40  

Welcome to all the people just starting IP!!!

As for headaches and brain fog, I found for myself they went away pretty much after the first week of my body adjusting. Also, I've found on "sluggish" days that the sooner I have my first food and vitamins, the quicker my body perks up.

Silly question... my BBQ is almost gone and was wondering on suggestions to get the last little bit out? Anyone use anything to get the rest out (trying to avoid water as it dilutes the flavor too much)? It's sooo thick there's just too much left at bottom to throw away.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ButterflyKisses View Post
Welcome to all the people just starting IP!!!

As for headaches and brain fog, I found for myself they went away pretty much after the first week of my body adjusting. Also, I've found on "sluggish" days that the sooner I have my first food and vitamins, the quicker my body perks up.

Silly question... my BBQ is almost gone and was wondering on suggestions to get the last little bit out? Anyone use anything to get the rest out (trying to avoid water as it dilutes the flavor too much)? It's sooo thick there's just too much left at bottom to throw away.

Most substances become thinner as their temperatures climb.
So try putting it in the micro for 10 sec or so. Or, put the jar in a pan with boiling water to see if it loosens up. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Most substances become thinner as their temperatures climb.
So try putting it in the micro for 10 sec or so. Or, put the jar in a pan with boiling water to see if it loosens up. Good luck.
I'll try that tonight! Thanks!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #43  

Anyone on phase 3? Also, I haven't had a cycle since September7th...anyone else experience this??
Old 01-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #44  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie32 View Post
Anyone on phase 3? Also, I haven't had a cycle since September7th...anyone else experience this??
Are you certain you're not pregnant?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #45  

Default Recipe sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Sounds good toothgirl. I'll pick that up next time I get flavors. That and gingerbread. mmm I love love the german chocolate cake flavor.

Ladyvrod and jess, WOW!!! can't believe I got so into that game! Cheers (with a water ) Now I'll eat my chicken in a foil package and bake it with the WF honey dijon dressing. Hope it turns out good!
Let us know if that was tasty. If so, more details on what/how you cooked the dish, please!
Closed Thread