Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
Ok... first take a deep breath!!! LOL... I found that helpful my first few days as I felt very tired and cranky (not saying you are!). I am halfway through week 2 and remember well day 3. It really does get better starting about day 4-5. I didn't see any weight loss until about day 4 then would up losing 6 pounds and seven inches for the week. Don't worry if you have to eat a little more protein or an extra packet those first couple of days as your body adjusts. You will get to a point (believe it or not) that you don't feel hungry and you will have to remind yourself to eat. Yes, even as early as week 2. And my first night I was so excited to make "taco meat" that I used the seasoning package without even looking at the ingredients (I was STARVING) and ate it for 2 days. Then saw that it had 24 carbs for the whole package! I was so bummed. On day 4 I when I was really feeling low and doubtful, I splurged and bought some ketosis sticks. I too am a instant gratification kinda girl. Believe me, seeing proof positive that I was in ketosis was all that kept me going. Some people don't need that and have never used a stick the whole time. Bless them for their faith. I have used about 3 in these two weeks (one last night) just to be sure it was still working. This week I don't expect to lose much as most people don't the 2nd week, so those sticks might be my best friends for a few more days! Don't give up, I promise it gets better.
i actually have thought a lot about those ketostix but then i read that sometimes you can be in ketosis but the level isn't high enough so it says you aren't. i just saw it as a way to make myself crazy lol and yes i think it is safe to say i am crazy and cranky already.HA but luckily im a ventor and as long as i can feel safe putting it out there and getting an awesome response like this, well lets just home my posts become more positive!!! I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one that flubbed it at first and that you are doing really well now. and ya i have already been prepping myself for the limited to no loss 2nd week so it wont discourage me. I'm really crossing my fingers that the hunger will get better before next week, which means i need to be better about doing what i gotta do to get into ketosis sooner rather than later.ok PHEW i feel better!! THANK YOU!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #32  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Talking

Just a funny to share... I was updating my food tracker (************) on my phone and when trying to add my evoo, it auto corrected to EVIL!!! I didn't realize it and hit search. Everything that came up was loaded with carbs! Lesser evil potato snacks, evil pie, evil bread! It's the little things! haha
Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #33  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Welcome Jamie,
I have been on the plan for 3 1/2 almost 4 months and it really works, matter of fact it has been the only thing that has worked for me, I tried a lot of different ways to loose the weight. And the support here on this Forum is amazing, even if you are like me and do more lurking than posting.

1 Fat Chick congrats on your first week WI of 7lbs.

I have never used Ketosis strips but may go to the pharmacy to check them out, it has been almost 4 months and I feel I may need to be stricter with my self and the sticks my help keep me in check through out the week.

On a personal note, I had a slip up yesterday, for some reason I was feeling more hungry than usual and nothing sounded like it would fix my craving, so I had an additional restricted package, So today and the rest of the week I plan on not having any restricted packages, I think they may be to tempting for me.
Wish me luck. :-)
Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Posting Progress Photos

I noticed that many of you have a link to view your progress photos. How do you post progress photos so they can automatically appear when you post a comment, just like the signature ticker?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #35  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!!!

Had my WI on Wednesday and lost another 4.8 pounds. Hard to believe.

I am officially starting Phase 3 today.

Had reached my initial goal of 80, but now I am going to shoot for 90 --- only 3.2 away. In the back of my mind, I am thinking of going for 100, but not sure. If I hit it, that's great ... and if I don't, I will be happy too!!!

So I still plan on hanging around here for a while ... lol.

Good luck to all --- this is a truly amazing program!

Lorrie
Won't the tea explode if I mix it hot? I hate feeling stupid about this. How freaking hard is that? Bah.

And yes. Venting helps. A lot. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20bydec View Post
Make your tea, put the packet of vanilla in the tea (don't make it and add it). You are basically using the tea water as your water for the pudding. I used 10oz of tea water and 1 pkg of vanilla pudding. GOOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
i actually have thought a lot about those ketostix but then i read that sometimes you can be in ketosis but the level isn't high enough so it says you aren't. i just saw it as a way to make myself crazy lol and yes i think it is safe to say i am crazy and cranky already.HA but luckily im a ventor and as long as i can feel safe putting it out there and getting an awesome response like this, well lets just home my posts become more positive!!! I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one that flubbed it at first and that you are doing really well now. and ya i have already been prepping myself for the limited to no loss 2nd week so it wont discourage me. I'm really crossing my fingers that the hunger will get better before next week, which means i need to be better about doing what i gotta do to get into ketosis sooner rather than later.ok PHEW i feel better!! THANK YOU!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #36  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Dang iPhone. That didn't work right. Lorrie, keep rocking it!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
I noticed that many of you have a link to view your progress photos. How do you post progress photos so they can automatically appear when you post a comment, just like the signature ticker?
Coqui, If you want, On Monday when I go see my coach I can ask her for the Phase 2 and 3 sheets and send them your way.
For doing a progress photo, you start at the mini-goal section on the home page. When you have posted it there, you can copy and paste the website onto your signature page. Mrs. Diettrich had to help me out, I am not very computer savvy. Hope that helps.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 127/126/120

Height: 5'6"

First week down.

I have been rushing around this morning packing for a week vacation in Maine. Despite my best efforts (and two trips to buy IP food), I still think I'm short a few packets. At the worst, I can halve a few snack pkts if I need to.

Frankly, I bought 2 boxes of RTD thinking I could supplement with those. I can barely choke down 1/2 a serving. They are too sweet. If I have one complaint about the IP food it is it seems they cover the lack of flavor with this over the top sweetness. I reckon carb addicts don't mind but I had made a lot of progress reducing sugar in my diet prior to IP. Good news is, now that I've tried most of the products, I'll have used up all the sucralose products and will be able to stock up on only those without it when I get home.

Since I'm flying tomorrow, I thought I would juice a head of romaine and have that on the way to the airport.

Welcome other newbies...and congrats to the contract keepers and weight loss reapers.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #39  

Height: 5'4.5

Hey yall, Sorry I have a quick question. This is something that has always been unclear for me. Should we be exercising during our first couple weeks? Should we only be adding it when weight loss slows? My only concern with adding in exercise now is that the calorie intake is so low that exercising might actually stall weight loss.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Coqui, If you want, On Monday when I go see my coach I can ask her for the Phase 2 and 3 sheets and send them your way.
For doing a progress photo, you start at the mini-goal section on the home page. When you have posted it there, you can copy and paste the website onto your signature page. Mrs. Diettrich had to help me out, I am not very computer savvy. Hope that helps.
Thank you for offering the phases 2 and 3. I don't want you to go through the trouble of sending them to me. I just want to know if they have changed from the ones posted on the IP Phases sticky. I have them printed but I don't know if they are old ones. As for the pictures, I went to the home page and clicked on Mini Goals, but there are no instructions as to how to post them there.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #41  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
OMG i totally read this post the other day and i even replayed it in my head several times as i was making dinner and i went back and forth with the bouillon and finally i said screw it. i figured well i didn't use mustard with sugar in it which i totally wanted to do. GARSH!!! ok i am going to be a lot more strict. i just struggle with the whole chicken thing. i have eaten so much chicken on this diet and that diet that i guess i just used my disgust of chicken as a reason to smudge it. YOU ARE RIGHT! thank you for the reiteration

I am not a major chicken eater myself....I usually have flank steak once a week (love it), filet once a week, fish once a week, pork tenderloin once or twice a week, and a whole roaster chicken ($4-5 bucks) on Sundays because it comes out so juicy when I rub it with evoo and seasonings.

Many mustards have no sugar...I use mustard alot

No worries...zen out...and kick butt
Old 01-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #42  

Can someone tell me why mayo is not allowed? I have a jar at home that says no carbs, no sugars but it has 12 grams of fat in 2 tbsp, 120 calories. In the ingredients list there is no sugar either. I know the Phase 1 sheet says everything not listed must be 0 calorie, 0 carbs and 0 sugars, but nothing about fat, so I'm just curious if is just because of the calories?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Even the smallest amount of sugar could inhibit ketosis. I made a post the other day with what I recommended to my daughter who started last Saturday....

If you are wondering "is this allowed?" or is "this acceptable?" The answer is NO! kindly spoken of course

I strongly recommend being major strict with yourself for at least one month than you are in ketosis, losing weight, feeling great, and very motivated...from there you can twick what works for you or not.

Best of luck and follow the protocol 100% and whamo...awesomeness

HOLY COW DARBS!!! I like your new pic! Doesn't even look like your other picture! Great job
Old 01-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #44  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Anyone else gain, say, 7.5 lbs the week of/after Christmas by going completely off protocol? Then start again on the 3rd, lose 7 lbs in four days, and now be disappointed that you haven't really "lost" from your Dec. 22 weigh-in?

Nah, me either.

I still have until Saturday, so I'm still hoping for a clinic loss (official weigh-in).

On a serious note, I haven't ever truly measured the veggies (I eyeball), and have never weighed my meat. I know some of you know that if you go over in either area, you see that drastically affecting your losses. But is there anyone else who hasn't had that issue and doesn't weigh your meat, but just eat a reasonable portion when it's time for it, and go on? Just curious.

Overall, it's been really, really hard to be back full bore on Phase 1 after being off for a week completely, but I really think my body needed a break and a new jumpstart... and hopefully my big losses from the first 10-15 weeks will be back now!

Hoping everyone has a super day.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #45  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I am not a major chicken eater myself....I usually have flank steak once a week (love it), filet once a week, fish once a week, pork tenderloin once or twice a week, and a whole roaster chicken ($4-5 bucks) on Sundays because it comes out so juicy when I rub it with evoo and seasonings.

Many mustards have no sugar...I use mustard alot

No worries...zen out...and kick butt
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
HOLY COW DARBS!!! I like your new pic! Doesn't even look like your other picture! Great job
No kidding! You look great, darbs!
Closed Thread