Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 04:18 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wed. 5 Dec. 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
and happy new year!!!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Review yesterday's thread: January 4th, 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 01-08-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Alaska

Mo Mom wants to check into Ideal Protein..but we can't seem to find anyone in Alaska...anyone from Alaska....

Going to weigh in...so close...maybe today....
:v al1:
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

...EMOTIONAL DAY for me today....my daughter (Jules26) left this morning to move to Hawaii....

It has been great having her here especially since we both started IP together Nov 21st....as of WI yesterday she is down 20lbs and I am down 23lbs !!

It will be hard w/o here as my coach/biggest cheerleader !!!

...I WILL BE STRONG!!!! I WILL BE STRONG !!!...

Wishing you all a great IP day !!!.......
Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
...EMOTIONAL DAY for me today....my daughter (Jules26) left this morning to move to Hawaii....

It has been great having her here especially since we both started IP together Nov 21st....as of WI yesterday she is down 20lbs and I am down 23lbs !!

It will be hard w/o here as my coach/biggest cheerleader !!!

...I WILL BE STRONG!!!! I WILL BE STRONG !!!...

Wishing you all a great IP day !!!.......
Hope today goes ok. Is your daughter going to school in Hawaii?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Mo Mom wants to check into Ideal Protein..but we can't seem to find anyone in Alaska...anyone from Alaska....

Going to weigh in...so close...maybe today....
:v al1:
Good luck with your weigh in!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #6  

Good morning, day 6 for me today. Feeling good so far. I will be stepping on the scale Friday morning.

Does anyone weigh their 4 cups of veggies? I do and just wondering if I am getting the right amount. Is 7 oz or 200g right to equal 2 cups?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #7  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Back to work and regular routines! I was just starting to enjoy the break Feeling skinny this morning I stood on the scales and viola ...down another lb from yesterday's weigh in. Now the challenge will be to keep that off and maybe a friend or two to go with them.
Have a terrific IP day everyone.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #8  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Had a really bad night last night. I didn't get home from work till 730 by that time I didn't want to cook. So I had a restricted pkg an my veg. I thought that be ok until I woke up at 5 just starving. My question is what time does everyone stop eating before bed. Oprah always said 4 hours and I always followed that but does it matter?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Good morning!
Peanuts mom - we rarely have dinner in our house before 7:00 because of our work schedules. I always have my evening snack of pudding with some WF chocolate sauce around 8:30.
I seem to remember reading or hearing somewhere that it was a myth about everything you eat in the evening going straight to your thighs. Naturally you don't want to have a big meal before bed (would make for an uncomfortable sleep) but it shouldn't affect your weight loss I don't think.

PS Did anyone notice that this thread is title DEC 5th? Someone is is in denial about the New Year.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Had a really bad night last night. I didn't get home from work till 730 by that time I didn't want to cook. So I had a restricted pkg an my veg. I thought that be ok until I woke up at 5 just starving. My question is what time does everyone stop eating before bed. Oprah always said 4 hours and I always followed that but does it matter?
I have my snack, which is usually my vanilla pudding as a shake between 10-11pm. It really tops off my day with light sweet, more liquid (24 oz) and I won't get a growly stomach in the middle of the night. Dr. Tran says in his book to eat your carbs at night, which most people would think not to do, because your body assimilates it for energy while you sleep and you'll use it for your next morning. Once I read that I didn't worry about having a snack that late at night, or what time I finished dinner. I think the bottom line is to listen to our bodies. Have an extra unrestricted packet (crispy cereal is light and will do the trick) a few hours after dinner on those nights you're stuck not able to cook. It just turns out that way sometimes while we're juggling life! It's still better to add an IP packet on those days and not worry, than to do anything else. Sweet dreams
Old 01-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone....
lost 4.5 freakin' pounds in Paris!!!! If I can make it there...I"ll make it anywhere...you know the song
Haven't had my official WI at my coach, just my WW scale here at home. I'll post the numbers according to his scale when I get back from my WI today.
I'm so glad to be home. Couldn't wait to put my WF choc. syrup into my caramel tea last night
Old 01-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

is this the posting for JAN 5th or DEC 5th???
Old 01-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

So I am onboard again, after being off IP for two months. I had multiple vacations, a camping trip, family visits, etc.. It was a whirlwind two months! I'm on day four today of IP. Yesterday was pretty rough. I had to eat two scrambled eggs between lunch and dinner - cause I was so hungry, and I figured it'd be better than eating a sandwich! I keep having to tell myself that this super restricted period of time (Phase1) is only temporary. My usual self is a sugar and carb LOVER. So it is quite the adjustment living on Phase 1. I know it will be worth it in the end. So forward I go!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

PS Did anyone notice that this thread is title DEC 5th? Someone is is in denial about the New Year. [/QUOTE]

and 2010

but thank you anyway doing this starting page every single day

Last edited by bulleriina; 01-05-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
I have my snack, which is usually my vanilla pudding as a shake between 10-11pm. It really tops off my day with light sweet, more liquid (24 oz) and I won't get a growly stomach in the middle of the night. Dr. Tran says in his book to eat your carbs at night, which most people would think not to do, because your body assimilates it for energy while you sleep and you'll use it for your next morning. Once I read that I didn't worry about having a snack that late at night, or what time I finished dinner. I think the bottom line is to listen to our bodies. Have an extra unrestricted packet (crispy cereal is light and will do the trick) a few hours after dinner on those nights you're stuck not able to cook. It just turns out that way sometimes while we're juggling life! It's still better to add an IP packet on those days and not worry, than to do anything else. Sweet dreams
Thanks for the info.... but if you eat say, an IP bar... so about 15 carbs or so... in the evening.... and your weigh in is next morning... are the chances higher your weight will go up? since the carb was so late in the day?
Closed Thread