Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #16  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
Well...day 3... this morning i am not all that hungry. Should i eat my first protein packet right away anyway to get things going for the day? I think that waiting to take any of the supplements till i am eating my first packet is deffinitely gonna help with the nausea. I did find that when i first woke up as i was making my coffeee i drank some water and it made me feel nauseous. I think that is so WEIRD! anyone else have that problem? I woke up hungry but then it disipated.
Last night I was a pig .. I measured out 5oz of chicken, but there were so many little pieces left from not getting the right "addition" to the first piece that well i ate like 2 small ones. so ya i'm thinkin i ate about 8oz of chicken last night. I also made a broth to cook it in out of a bouillon paste, i noticed that sugar was on the ingredient list...all be it lower. Would that be something that could totally mess me up from getting into ketosis?
Being the scale addict that i am, i got on again this morning. I gained a pound from yesterday. Trying not to be discouraged by that. Maybe I am putting WAY too much thought into this whole thing. IDk, but of an emotional rollercoaster today with happy about the program and discouraged too. hate being such an instant gratification person. i keep telling myself YOU ARE ONLY ON DAY 3!!! ahhhh ... thanks for listening to the rant ladies

Even the smallest amount of sugar could inhibit ketosis. I made a post the other day with what I recommended to my daughter who started last Saturday....

If you are wondering "is this allowed?" or is "this acceptable?" The answer is NO! kindly spoken of course

I strongly recommend being major strict with yourself for at least one month than you are in ketosis, losing weight, feeling great, and very motivated...from there you can twick what works for you or not.

Best of luck and follow the protocol 100% and whamo...awesomeness
Old 01-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #17  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
Well...day 3... this morning i am not all that hungry. Should i eat my first protein packet right away anyway to get things going for the day? I think that waiting to take any of the supplements till i am eating my first packet is deffinitely gonna help with the nausea. I did find that when i first woke up as i was making my coffeee i drank some water and it made me feel nauseous. I think that is so WEIRD! anyone else have that problem? I woke up hungry but then it disipated.
Last night I was a pig .. I measured out 5oz of chicken, but there were so many little pieces left from not getting the right "addition" to the first piece that well i ate like 2 small ones. so ya i'm thinkin i ate about 8oz of chicken last night. I also made a broth to cook it in out of a bouillon paste, i noticed that sugar was on the ingredient list...all be it lower. Would that be something that could totally mess me up from getting into ketosis?
Being the scale addict that i am, i got on again this morning. I gained a pound from yesterday. Trying not to be discouraged by that. Maybe I am putting WAY too much thought into this whole thing. IDk, but of an emotional rollercoaster today with happy about the program and discouraged too. hate being such an instant gratification person. i keep telling myself YOU ARE ONLY ON DAY 3!!! ahhhh ... thanks for listening to the rant ladies
Ok... first take a deep breath!!! LOL... I found that helpful my first few days as I felt very tired and cranky (not saying you are!). I am halfway through week 2 and remember well day 3. It really does get better starting about day 4-5. I didn't see any weight loss until about day 4 then would up losing 6 pounds and seven inches for the week. Don't worry if you have to eat a little more protein or an extra packet those first couple of days as your body adjusts. You will get to a point (believe it or not) that you don't feel hungry and you will have to remind yourself to eat. Yes, even as early as week 2. And my first night I was so excited to make "taco meat" that I used the seasoning package without even looking at the ingredients (I was STARVING) and ate it for 2 days. Then saw that it had 24 carbs for the whole package! I was so bummed. On day 4 I when I was really feeling low and doubtful, I splurged and bought some ketosis sticks. I too am a instant gratification kinda girl. Believe me, seeing proof positive that I was in ketosis was all that kept me going. Some people don't need that and have never used a stick the whole time. Bless them for their faith. I have used about 3 in these two weeks (one last night) just to be sure it was still working. This week I don't expect to lose much as most people don't the 2nd week, so those sticks might be my best friends for a few more days! Don't give up, I promise it gets better.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #18  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
I have a non-scale non-victory to share. I looked in the mirror last night and to my horror my neck was all wrinkley. I know I should be happy because that means I have lost some in my double chin area but wahhhh, I dont' want a wrinkley neck. I am afraid loosing weight is just going to continue to make me look older. Vanity is such a sin
that isn't uncommon after weight loss, but it DOES firm back up!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Today is my second day and I am feeling fine. I was a little hungry last night, but I wondered if it was hunger or was I bored? I drank some herbal tea and some water and the hunger went away. I did have a headache, but I took some tylenol and went to bed. I woke up feeling awesome this morning..had my cereal, which I really enjoyed and then off to work. Today is my first day back to work after the holidays and I think it will be easier now that I am back in a routine.
I just ate some cucumber for a snack to tie me over till lunch.
I am not going to step on the scale till my WI next Wed. I like surprises!!

Looking forward to shrinking with all of you!!
Holly

Last edited by Hollmark; 01-06-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 227/220/140

Height: 5'7"

Here goes nothing!!! First time I have posted so I don't know what I am doing and have no idea where this post will go once I hit POST!!!! Anyways this is my "official 1 week weigh in". I have lost 7 whole lbs!!!! It's a start.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #21  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Go for it, Lorrie! Your success is such an inspiration, and you are SO worth it! Also, there's a new Life After Phase 1 thread on page 4 or 5, I think. Some parts are fresher than what's on the sticky.

My Wednesday weigh-in buddies: WOOHOO!!! Great losses all around.

So, I tried to make the vanilla pudding into a coffee drink and OMG it was awful! What did I do wrong? Made the pudding according to package directions, spooned it into my hot coffee and stirred. Got a bunch of vanilla beads in coffee. Ew. Help! I bought a bunch of these because I love chai tea and lattes
Make your tea, put the packet of vanilla in the tea (don't make it and add it). You are basically using the tea water as your water for the pudding. I used 10oz of tea water and 1 pkg of vanilla pudding. GOOD!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #22  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Fat Chick View Post
Here goes nothing!!! First time I have posted so I don't know what I am doing and have no idea where this post will go once I hit POST!!!! Anyways this is my "official 1 week weigh in". I have lost 7 whole lbs!!!! It's a start.
Yeah for you!!! For posting correctly, losing 7 pounds and making it through week one! So proud of you mom! We need a theme song... maybe instead of "so happy together" we could say "so skinny together"! Of course we will still be happy too!!! Keep up the good work and the moral support. Visit the daily thread...well... daily! It is a great resource for information and motivation. Who needs a coach when you have 3fc!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #23  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Quote:
I'm quite new to this as well, but I wanted to say congrats on the 7lbs! This is day one for me and I can't wait until next week!
Jamie
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!!!

Had my WI on Wednesday and lost another 4.8 pounds. Hard to believe.

I am officially starting Phase 3 today.

Had reached my initial goal of 80, but now I am going to shoot for 90 --- only 3.2 away. In the back of my mind, I am thinking of going for 100, but not sure. If I hit it, that's great ... and if I don't, I will be happy too!!!

So I still plan on hanging around here for a while ... lol.

Good luck to all --- this is a truly amazing program!

Lorrie
you are doing awsome!! A great attitude about the scale #, go by how your body feels!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Good morning from the East Coast everyone.
Today I'm going to be very mindful of protocol ( got a little iffy there yesterday with my friends chicken salad...paid with a stomach ache for having just a little real mayo...not ready for that, for sure) and turn my attention to tidying my home office. I have guests for a birthday cocktail this evening, but that's become easy for me. No biggie. Stevia lemonade, celery and WP blue cheese dip for me.
On my plate...I've been sitting with this "now what" thought about being close to goal. Losing the weight had really given me focus and something to occupy my mind with constantly. Still...there is always a void after a big project and my thoughts are on continuity, going thru the next phases with the hopes that this will be like a continuing education class as I re-introduce foods I've eaten before, like dairy,fruit and toast and so on, and applying new principals.
Thanks for listening and have a great day everyone. This forum is my soul vitamin for sure...and now... a cup 'o' joe
Love your attitude about this being a continuing education class...I think we that is what will keep us at our healthiest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
Hello all!
I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm starting the program today!
I've been secretly reading all the threads these last few weeks and I wanted to thank all of you for your posts! You have been such an inspiration with your successes, encouragement, tips and stories! I'm very much look forward to this program and hopefully achieving my goal of losing 60lbs.
Thanks Again!
Jamie
Jamie This is an awesome program, you will love it, just take it one day at a time, come to this forum every day...you will do terrific!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Even the smallest amount of sugar could inhibit ketosis. I made a post the other day with what I recommended to my daughter who started last Saturday....

If you are wondering "is this allowed?" or is "this acceptable?" The answer is NO! kindly spoken of course

I strongly recommend being major strict with yourself for at least one month than you are in ketosis, losing weight, feeling great, and very motivated...from there you can twick what works for you or not.

Best of luck and follow the protocol 100% and whamo...awesomeness
OMG i totally read this post the other day and i even replayed it in my head several times as i was making dinner and i went back and forth with the bouillon and finally i said screw it. i figured well i didn't use mustard with sugar in it which i totally wanted to do. GARSH!!! ok i am going to be a lot more strict. i just struggle with the whole chicken thing. i have eaten so much chicken on this diet and that diet that i guess i just used my disgust of chicken as a reason to smudge it. YOU ARE RIGHT! thank you for the reiteration
Old 01-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Today is my second day and I am feeling fine. I was a little hungry last night, but I wondered if it was hunger or was I bored? I drank some herbal tea and some water and the hunger went away. I did have a headache, but I took some tylenol and went to bed. I woke up feeling awesome this morning..had my cereal, which I really enjoyed and then off to work. Today is my first day back to work after the holidays and I think it will be easier now that I am back in a routine.

Holly
Holly, if you get headaches you might not be getting enough sea salt, put a teaspoon in a glass of water and drink it, your headache should be gone in 15 minutes.
I use cuc. lots as a snack if I get hungry between meals. Also I drink lots of peppermint tea. Now that I have discovered decaf Chai tea with some (ready to drink) IP vanilla drink that is my morning drink!!
You will do great!!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 227/220/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
Yeah for you!!! For posting correctly, losing 7 pounds and making it through week one! So proud of you mom! We need a theme song... maybe instead of "so happy together" we could say "so skinny together"! Of course we will still be happy too!!! Keep up the good work and the moral support. Visit the daily thread...well... daily! It is a great resource for information and motivation. Who needs a coach when you have 3fc!
Good Morning Cutie Pie!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post

Holly
congrats! trust me...stay away from the scale!!!! looking forward to seeing how your surprise turns out at the end of the week
Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #29  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
I am planning a group vacation in April to Las Vegas. It's an all girls weekend, but something like that is easy for everyone to get to for the most part, and a lot of great deals. To be honest, flying to Canada or within Canada is sometimes more expensive than heading to Vegas for a weekend.
When are you going in April? I'm planning a girls weekend there also for my birthday over the weekend of the 8-10th.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #30  

Quote:
Hey that is an awesome start!!!
Closed Thread