Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Mon. 3 Jan. 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
and happy new year!!!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Review the weekend's thread: December 31-January 2, 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 01-03-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Just starting Ideal Protein today...so excited but yet nervous. I am a mother of two boys (which our second one was born this past September) and really having a hard time losing weight this time around. I have never been below 150 and my overall goal with this diet is to learn how to eat better, feel better, and ultimately lose weight. I have a very busy schedule like most, (work full time, go to school, and I am a mother) so I feel that this diet will work well with my schedule since I can plan ahead. I aim to regularly participate in the forums to help me remain accountable and focused with Ideal protein. Please any advice is welcome

So its all about setting small goals and tackling them so my goal for the next week is to successfully get through the first week. I have read numerous posts about the first week being the toughest because of headache, nausea, etc. and I hope I am able to bypass all of that. Well...here I start my day and I wish all a Happy Healthy 2011 and I look forward to sharing my journey!!

Last edited by kattdev1976; 01-03-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Good morning everyone,
It is back to work today. I started the day out right by riding my bike for 20 minutes.

I plan on having a great day and I hope all of you do too!

tle
Old 01-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Happy New Year and New You everyone !! Good start to New Me, weight is finally exactly same as before Christmas so its good to go ) It took one week to take Christmas Oops away and I feel great and am totally on the horse.
Happy, happy ps. Valentines Challenge looks good because the "holiday weight" was on but it really was REAL Now I hope I can lose 5 more "real" lbs for Valentines... so 20 lbs for me !!!!

Last edited by bulleriina; 01-03-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Finally back to normal week. I love the holidays, but I also love my normal schedule. I can get back into my weekly routine and get these last 10 lbs off! Hope everyone has a great day, a great week, a great 2011.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #6  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Smile

Back to work after 10 glorious days at home with the kiddos. First day at work on "the plan". Drinking shake #1 right now to stave off any bright ideas to "celebrate" our first day back! Doughnuts are NOT my friend!!! IP IS!!! Good luck to everyone as we set out to make 2011 our year!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 127/126/120

I am on day 4. The lethargic detox finally passed late yesterday...a day and half of not feeling like myself.

My plan today is Bfast: Chocolate drink pkt w/ decaf espresso, Lunch: Omelet pkt w/ zucchini, green onion and mint, Snack: Butterscotch pudding, Post Workout: (Pilates) Bar and Dinner: Chicken meatloaf w/ leek pkt, broiled tomato and raw spinach.

I don't intend to use 5 pkts but I have one more Leek soup pkt that I don't care for. I thought this might be a good way to use it up. I can also skip the bar if I am not famished after Pilates.

So far, my biggest challenge has been getting all the salt in. I have been adding my remainder to a cup of water and consuming either late in the day or evening. Thoughts?

I got the idea to use the omelet for the noon meal from a gent posting here - thanks.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #8  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Ohhhhh, back to work.....back to work! On one hand- BLECK!!!! On the other....Yeah! Back to a schedule I can follow! My veggie and water in-take have suffered these past 2 weeks. Now that school is back in session I will be behaving again! YEAH! Especially since I have a WEDDING to plan for in August!!!! Yipeeeeeee!

Have a wonderful IP day folks!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All!

It is a chilly day in Manitoba. Went down to -37C with the wind last night. I am currently on Day 9 of working and have one more day till I'm off for 4. It was great to have a week off with my kids for Christmas, but I am completely bagged working this many days in a row!

My X completely thought I was going to ruin his pants somehow, but was laughing at the same time. I am blessed to have such a great relationship with him, it makes life so much easier.

Last night, I slipped up a bit. I ate a piece of pie. For some reason, I just can't stay on track, but have vowed that today is the first day of the rest of my healthy life, and that I can do this. Today will be especially hard, as I am working with 3 boys that eat all kinds of junk all day! LOL!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Susan
Old 01-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Starting Day 4 on IP today. I have only felt a slight headache since starting and that comes and goes. Anyone ever start, stick to protocol and not lose anything the first week? I know it's only been 3 days but I don't feel any different weight wise.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #11  
Losing in West Virgina

S/C/G: 205/199/150

Height: 5' 7"

Default Carbs and Fats amount

Good morning,

I have been on the IP Diet going on 2 weeks, and been doing great, no hunger. One question I have is how many carbs, and fats are you allowed on this diet. I was reading the whole forum and some say, 30g carbs and some say 40 carbs. I am interested to know, because I am averaging 45 carbs a day. Lost already 7lbs, feel great. Is 45 carbs slowing my weight loss? And also what is the average fat grams.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #12  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Now that school is back in session I will be behaving again! YEAH! Especially since I have a WEDDING to plan for in August!!!! Yipeeeeeee!

Have a wonderful IP day folks!
Yay for a WEDDING! Go for the high-quality H20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
My X completely thought I was going to ruin his pants somehow, but was laughing at the same time. I am blessed to have such a great relationship with him, it makes life so much easier.

Last night, I slipped up a bit. I ate a piece of pie. For some reason, I just can't stay on track, but have vowed that today is the first day of the rest of my healthy life, and that I can do this. Today will be especially hard, as I am working with 3 boys that eat all kinds of junk all day! LOL!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Susan
It's wonderful that you have such an awesome relationship! Life is definitely easier, especially for kids! Now, today will be hard, but (tough love here) you can suck it up, princess, and jump back on the wagon. Hopefully the pie doesn't mess you up much. Happy first day of the rest of your healthy life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Pilates View Post
I am on day 4. The lethargic detox finally passed late yesterday...a day and half of not feeling like myself.

My plan today is Bfast: Chocolate drink pkt w/ decaf espresso, Lunch: Omelet pkt w/ zucchini, green onion and mint, Snack: Butterscotch pudding, Post Workout: (Pilates) Bar and Dinner: Chicken meatloaf w/ leek pkt, broiled tomato and raw spinach.

I got the idea to use the omelet for the noon meal from a gent posting here - thanks.
Sounds like a good plan! Welcome back to yourself. The omelet for a noon meal is rockin'. Double thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattdev1976 View Post
Just starting Ideal Protein today...so excited but yet nervous.
I'm still quite new (Day 6!), and let me tell you, it does pass, and pretty quickly. My poor family thought I'd lost it for a day, though. I just holed up away from everyone as much as possible. Welcome and good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.[/color]
Best TIP EVER! (Hope it works or I'll feel like a butt.)

That only took 30 minutes! My kids are wild this morning. Normally I've had breakfast by 8, and just getting it down. Man, am I ready to get on a good schedule, and over this teething stage!

Anyway. Day 6...question. If I started on Wednesday, I weigh in on Wednesday, right? Sometimes, it's the simple things that confuse me. Lol.

Last night was my first time out to dinner, and at a restaurant that REALLY did not have many options. I had to send the salad back (asked for no dressing and no cheese, it came back drenched in dressing and covered in cheese) as well as the shrimp (asked for dry grilled, came back disgustingly slimy with butter and cheese!). My friends thought I was crazy, and only ONE of the five was actually supportive. The rest kept saying "As if ONE meal will screw you up!" I finally got kind of mad and told them they could keep getting fatter if they wanted, but I was sick of it and they could kiss my soon-to-be-skinny a** (a VERY big deal for me, as I rarely get mad, much less show it). At least they realize now that I'm serious! I felt terrible, but sometimes words have to be exchanged, especially with people you've been friends with since elementary school!

So, there's my rant. On to Whole Foods today to get new veggies to test recipes you wonderful IPers have posted! Happy losing!

Jolie
Old 01-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #13  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Starting Day 4 on IP today. I have only felt a slight headache since starting and that comes and goes. Anyone ever start, stick to protocol and not lose anything the first week? I know it's only been 3 days but I don't feel any different weight wise.
I know what you mean. I don't feel different weight-wise, either, but I know it's happening. Trust the program!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrooks View Post
Good morning,

I have been on the IP Diet going on 2 weeks, and been doing great, no hunger. One question I have is how many carbs, and fats are you allowed on this diet. I was reading the whole forum and some say, 30g carbs and some say 40 carbs. I am interested to know, because I am averaging 45 carbs a day. Lost already 7lbs, feel great. Is 45 carbs slowing my weight loss? And also what is the average fat grams.
My carbs are averaging at about 40, too, but my coach said net carbs should be in the 20's (mine is usually about 24-26). Subtract your fiber from your carbs for this number. I guess we'll get better at choosing lower-carb veggies as we go along. Mrs. Diettrich (sorry for the spelling, no reference point at the moment), said she averages about 30 a day. I use My Fitness Pal on my iPhone (free app) to input all my meals, water, supplements, and exercise, and it calculates everything for me.

Jolie
Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

....HELLO MONDAY !!!.... Hope u all had a great holiday !!

My pants r baggy and my bras r too big ...YAY !!! WI is tomorrow...!!!

Welcome newbies and everyone have a great IP day !!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Yay for a WEDDING! Go for the high-quality H20!

It's wonderful that you have such an awesome relationship! Life is definitely easier, especially for kids! Now, today will be hard, but (tough love here) you can suck it up, princess, and jump back on the wagon. Hopefully the pie doesn't mess you up much. Happy first day of the rest of your healthy life!

Sounds like a good plan! Welcome back to yourself. The omelet for a noon meal is rockin'. Double thanks!

I'm still quite new (Day 6!), and let me tell you, it does pass, and pretty quickly. My poor family thought I'd lost it for a day, though. I just holed up away from everyone as much as possible. Welcome and good luck!

Best TIP EVER! (Hope it works or I'll feel like a butt.)

That only took 30 minutes! My kids are wild this morning. Normally I've had breakfast by 8, and just getting it down. Man, am I ready to get on a good schedule, and over this teething stage!

Anyway. Day 6...question. If I started on Wednesday, I weigh in on Wednesday, right? Sometimes, it's the simple things that confuse me. Lol.

Last night was my first time out to dinner, and at a restaurant that REALLY did not have many options. I had to send the salad back (asked for no dressing and no cheese, it came back drenched in dressing and covered in cheese) as well as the shrimp (asked for dry grilled, came back disgustingly slimy with butter and cheese!). My friends thought I was crazy, and only ONE of the five was actually supportive. The rest kept saying "As if ONE meal will screw you up!" I finally got kind of mad and told them they could keep getting fatter if they wanted, but I was sick of it and they could kiss my soon-to-be-skinny a** (a VERY big deal for me, as I rarely get mad, much less show it). At least they realize now that I'm serious! I felt terrible, but sometimes words have to be exchanged, especially with people you've been friends with since elementary school!

So, there's my rant. On to Whole Foods today to get new veggies to test recipes you wonderful IPers have posted! Happy losing!

Jolie
Good for you for sending that salad back, I probably would have eaten it because I don't think I would have had the nerve to send it back. As for the friends, I know all about that...some don't like to see you succeed. I've had friends that say "oh, you're thin enough", or " it's only one piece of cake".
You did the right think by standing your ground, you should be proud of yourself!
IP in only 2 days for me!! YAY, I am very excited!
Keep up the great job!!

Holly
Closed Thread