Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone,
I am on day 4 of IP, and i have a few friends on this program. My friends are with a different coach, and have been told that they could start there program eating one restricted food a day. I have been told by my coach that in order to rest the pancreas that i am not supposed to have any restricted foods for 3 weeks? My friends seem to be having an easier time than i am, they are eating a restricted a day, ie. bars, soy balls, soy chips, etc. My friends have alo told me that IP used to do it the way my coach has told me but found that the results were the same??? Help?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #47  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrooks View Post
Thanks, I didn't think of subtracting the fiber from the carbs. I am using livestrong.com for my calories, carbs, fats and sugar intake, my average on sugar is 10g.
The IP protocol DOES NOT advocate net carbs. Count your real carbs, keep them under 30 grams, use low carb packets, and low carb vegetables with high nutrients.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Going through all the posts I am getting the idea the my coach does things differently. We have to fax in our 21-28 item order 4 days ahead of time and then on weigh day we get our food packed in 7 boxes with what we are to eat. We only get measured every 4 weeks. We have to fill in a food diary or we can't weigh in. And if we have more than 2 cheats we are kicked out of the program. Does anyone else have coaches like this?
My coach's "rules" are about the same. I don't have to fax my food order in ahead of time, but I was told that the IP official requirements include handing in a food diary each week. I can still weigh in if I forget my diary, but I have to bring it in the following week.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #49  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Hello.

The IP rep told me to be very careful and check the carb, the sugar and the sugar alcohol on all breathmints/gum.
YIKES! I just checked and you are so right! Orbit bubblemint sugar free gum is about 1 gram carb per piece! Doesn't say that on the box! I looked up tic tacs just for fun, 1 piece says 0 carbs, but when you look at 60 pieces it says 17 carbs! So glad I checked!

For all you Altoid Small fans... breath easy... NO CARBS and in the whole container (50 pieces) only 25 calories! Thank heaven for small miracles!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Hey, my start day buddy! I like that, too. I email my daily plan to my mom. She is strict! (yes. I'm 28, and I just love my mom!).

Altoids Smalls are great, made with sucralose. Even though they say 0, be careful. Nutrition information can be 0 as long as it's under .5 carbs per serving. So don't just eat them all day! My coach gave me that info, so you may want to check with yours. I've found the water helps the breath.

Put on my belt this morning and it's not digging into me!!!

Jolie
What kind of mints/gum are good to buy here in Canada? I don't think we have Altoids, at least I've never seen them here in MB.
I am a teacher, too...I don't want to have yucky breath!!!

Last edited by Hollmark; 01-03-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

darbs7I agree with you. I have been on this program for 10 weeks and have consistently lost between 2-3 pounds (except for the water weight loss of 9 on week 1), without ketosticks or counting carbs. I just measure the foods accordingly and have the 3 packets. No worries. I think that is one of the main reasons why I have been able to stick to this program. I had one X-mas day cheat, luckily with not weight gain, but an awful stomach and head ache. I do and I think will always get on the scale every morning. My rationale is that when I didn't do this prior to IP I use to gain weight and not even noticed it, until 10 pound had piled up. At the start of IP I got me a new digital scale and have gotten on it every morning since then. For me is a confidence boost because I see the loss daily. It is also a habit I want to keep once on Phase 4 to closely monitor any weight gain and take care of it before many pounds pile up.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #52  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Here is my humble opinion on the fat the carbs the calories the ketostick.....etc etc.

I started IP on 9/13/10....I have lost consistantly every week between 3-4 pounds a week except only 1 last week and one other week only 1 pound. I have never used a ketostick (hubby lets me know I am in ketostis...lovely breath...that I can't smell).

I have never considered the number of carbs or fat ever. I just follow the plan every day...packet for breakfast (omelet)...packet for lunch (choco shake) with lettuce, celery, and cucumbers with homemade dressing...meat and veggie for dinner with evoo (spinach, collards, asparagus...are my favorites)....and an IP bar for snack at 8pm.

I have followed that routine for 160ish days without much waiver. I only did not follow it four days last week (I gave up calories from snack packet and lunch veggies and evoo for wine...oh the sacrifices we must make)

IP has saved my life! Saved my life....in so many ways. If you are true to the plan...it works and don't worry about the rest.

With that said...I am a daily scale person, but only because I have followed the plan day in and day out and all but 4-5 out of the 160 something days I have shown a loss between .2 and 2.0 pounds and that keeps me going. I have only shown a gain once or twice and it was less than a pound and gone the next day.

Today was a great day....after purchasing all my new clothes this weekend...I got at least 20 compliments before 1st period bell rang.
Thanks so much for this post. I seem to be a slower loser on the Alt. Protocol BUT I AM LOSING! It is difficult sometimes when one is true to the program and don't lose 3+ Lbs a week like so many of the others. I've been on the boards and have watched your posts, along with a few others, and I am so encouraged. Thanks Darbs!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #53  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Ohhhhh, back to work.....back to work! On one hand- BLECK!!!! On the other....Yeah! Back to a schedule I can follow! My veggie and water in-take have suffered these past 2 weeks. Now that school is back in session I will be behaving again! YEAH! Especially since I have a WEDDING to plan for in August!!!! Yipeeeeeee!

Have a wonderful IP day folks!

When in August????

Big wedding? details please.. I love details..
Old 01-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #54  

Hi all, back from WI. I am down .6 pounds this week, and down more inches than in the last few weeks. Before I would have been bummed that it wasn't the 3 pounds I've been continually doing, but I'm excited. It isn't about the weight, it's the inches (pounds are nice too) and its the way I feel. I feel so great I don't ever want to remember the way I used to feel. What I was bummed about though, was that I wanted to try the Chai tea/vanilla pudding and they were out of pudding! So I bought the Vanilla RTD instead and that's pretty good too. I've never had Chai tea before. Tastes too good to be on plan! I know what I did different last week though, I missed 1 meal of veggis and I added a restricted packet every day. (3 total packets a day still) and it was the cookies and cream bars. It was tough to stick to just one a day! That good. Ok, well maybe going out to eat 3 days in a row might have had something to do with it too, but they said everything was dry.
Darbs, great post! I can't wait until we can see before and after pics of you on your wedding day, you're going to be radiant!
DougerI use Altoid mini's and also a gum called 'Spry' I got it at my health store. Did you get the phone #'s for your sis I posted?
Have a great day all!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #55  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
The IP protocol DOES NOT advocate net carbs. Count your real carbs, keep them under 30 grams, use low carb packets, and low carb vegetables with high nutrients.
Thanks, Linden! This is great to know. I've been only eating non-restricted packets and veggies in the right quantities, and so I can get a handle on what I'm eating and better educated about nutrition, I track what I eat. I still somehow manage to get 30 carbs each day, though! I think I'll post my daily intake, and maybe y'all will see what I don't. Sometimes what's right in front of our faces is so hard to see.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #56  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi all .. been awhile since I checked out the boards ... just wanted to wish everyone the best in 2011 and IP really is the best program I have ever done....
Old 01-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #57  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
I agree about all the counting! I have never counted fat, carbs, or calories and I have never tested for ketones in my urine. I have been on IP since 9/7 and have lost 73 lbs. Follow the rules and don't cheat and the weight will come off!

And congrats Darbs on all the compliments! I'm sure it made you feel amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrooks View Post
That is great that you lost all that weight, keep up the good work. I can't wait to get into my skinny clothes, its been over 12 years. I love this diet. I had a problem in the past with portion control, but ate healthy otherwise. Being on IP for 2 weeks, has also been a life saver for me as I could not lose weight even with eating healthy and exercise. Now I am losing weight. I have 50lbs to lose, hopefully in 3 months....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
darbs7I agree with you. I have been on this program for 10 weeks and have consistently lost between 2-3 pounds (except for the water weight loss of 9 on week 1), without ketosticks or counting carbs. I just measure the foods accordingly and have the 3 packets. No worries. I think that is one of the main reasons why I have been able to stick to this program. I had one X-mas day cheat, luckily with not weight gain, but an awful stomach and head ache. I do and I think will always get on the scale every morning. My rationale is that when I didn't do this prior to IP I use to gain weight and not even noticed it, until 10 pound had piled up. At the start of IP I got me a new digital scale and have gotten on it every morning since then. For me is a confidence boost because I see the loss daily. It is also a habit I want to keep once on Phase 4 to closely monitor any weight gain and take care of it before many pounds pile up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Thanks so much for this post. I seem to be a slower loser on the Alt. Protocol BUT I AM LOSING! It is difficult sometimes when one is true to the program and don't lose 3+ Lbs a week like so many of the others. I've been on the boards and have watched your posts, along with a few others, and I am so encouraged. Thanks Darbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Hi all, back from WI. I am down .6 pounds this week, and down more inches than in the last few weeks. Before I would have been bummed that it wasn't the 3 pounds I've been continually doing, but I'm excited. It isn't about the weight, it's the inches (pounds are nice too) and its the way I feel. I feel so great I don't ever want to remember the way I used to feel. What I was bummed about though, was that I wanted to try the Chai tea/vanilla pudding and they were out of pudding! So I bought the Vanilla RTD instead and that's pretty good too. I've never had Chai tea before. Tastes too good to be on plan! I know what I did different last week though, I missed 1 meal of veggis and I added a restricted packet every day. (3 total packets a day still) and it was the cookies and cream bars. It was tough to stick to just one a day! That good. Ok, well maybe going out to eat 3 days in a row might have had something to do with it too, but they said everything was dry.
Darbs, great post! I can't wait until we can see before and after pics of you on your wedding day, you're going to be radiant!
DougerI use Altoid mini's and also a gum called 'Spry' I got it at my health store. Did you get the phone #'s for your sis I posted?
Have a great day all!

Ladies it is all this wonderful support that will help us all achieve our goals. I remember that saying from someone when I first started....nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.....it is so true and becomes more and more true as my size decreases...I can't wait to get to goal...makes me stick to protocol 100% every day. Good luck everyone.

AmyonIP...no wedding for me...I have been happily married to an awesome supportive man (major key to my success on this program) for almost 22 years.

Last edited by darbs7; 01-03-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 162/ ? /130

Default Day One!

Well... today is my first day on IP... it finally came!! I have been waiting for a few weeks to start just to get myself through Christmas and New Years. I weighed in this morning and want to lose 25 pounds. It is not a lot but I have been trying to lose it for a while now and I can't seem to do it by myself.

I had the Cappuccino for breakfast... it got really foamy on top and I wasn't a fan of that but I loved the taste!! Next time I will not shake it so much so I don't get as much foam. I had the Leek Soup for lunch and munched on cucumbers and cauliflower on the side. I am not a big fan of the Leek Soup... any suggestions out there to make it better? Not sure what to do about supper. I went to Costco to stock up on veggies and meat after my appointment. I think that was my first big challenge... not having any of the samples that they give out at Costco! Ha ha!

Anyway, so far so good!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #59  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Going through all the posts I am getting the idea the my coach does things differently. We have to fax in our 21-28 item order 4 days ahead of time and then on weigh day we get our food packed in 7 boxes with what we are to eat. We only get measured every 4 weeks. We have to fill in a food diary or we can't weigh in. And if we have more than 2 cheats we are kicked out of the program. Does anyone else have coaches like this?
Wow, my coach is not at all like that! She is really relaxed and supportive. We get measured and weigh every week. I get there and then decide which food I want. She often has recommendations and I usually come with ideas I got from this site and looking at idealprotein.com. She has a good selection of items.

We also discuss any questions I have. I usually keep notes during the week so I dont' forget. She did "chastize" me once when I ate something I should not have (grill cheese sandwich!).

A good suggestion she gave me at the beginning was to make my puddings or jello a week in advance (ie the whole box) and have them in the fridge, ready to go. I bought ziploc containers and have been following the advice since day one. I find it's been great.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #60  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
Well... today is my first day on IP... it finally came!! I have been waiting for a few weeks to start just to get myself through Christmas and New Years. I weighed in this morning and want to lose 25 pounds. It is not a lot but I have been trying to lose it for a while now and I can't seem to do it by myself.

I had the Cappuccino for breakfast... it got really foamy on top and I wasn't a fan of that but I loved the taste!! Next time I will not shake it so much so I don't get as much foam. I had the Leek Soup for lunch and munched on cucumbers and cauliflower on the side. I am not a big fan of the Leek Soup... any suggestions out there to make it better? Not sure what to do about supper. I went to Costco to stock up on veggies and meat after my appointment. I think that was my first big challenge... not having any of the samples that they give out at Costco! Ha ha!

Anyway, so far so good!
Good job at Costco! I'm bad when I go to walmart. I always got chocolates when I did but today I went and instead bought a smaller pair of jeans and a magazine - no chocolates!. NSV!

I also did not like the leek soup too much. I found this recipe online http://theblueroom.ca/content/index....cipes&catid=38 it I would recommend lots of spinach and a little less water. You then get both vegies and IP packet at the same time. I used my last 2 packets and doubled the recipe. It was not bad, not great but not bad.
Closed Thread