Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Happy Dance for NSV!!!

Was in the city over the weekend and went shopping!!!

bought 2 prs slacks ... size 12 and 1 pr. TA DA..size 11!! I was so happy I couldn't stop smiling for hours Then the next day went shopping some more, bought 2 tops Size med and TA DA 1 top size SMALL!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 10-25-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #17  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
EatAnts - thanks again for taking on the daily thread opening/closing etc. This forum is so fabulous, but we all have lives outside of 3FatChicks, so having one more thing to do in your day isn't always easy. We all appreciate it!!!
You're welcome, but don't give me all the credit....there will be a few of us trading off to keep things going smoothly but not putting all the pressure on one person to make sure things are squared away each day.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #18  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I am going to be driving (12 hours) to Colorado on the 5th, staying with friends a day and then, another 3.5 hours south to my parents for a night and then another 4 hours south to Albuquerque where I will be at the hospital with my dad while he has knee replacement surgery. We are anticipating that he will be there about 5-6 days before we can head back to their home and my aunt will come in as the relief caregiver and I should be able to head home.

It seems pretty straight forward, but when my dad had hip replacement surgery he was supposed to be in the hospital a week and ended up being there 6 weeks due to complications from the anesthesia. My mom isn't going to the hospital because she had pneumonia and has been on oxygen ever since and can't seem to get off and therefore can't stay 4 hours from home with the oxygen, so I'm leaving my 17 year old and 13 year old at home to take care of her.

Anyway, my point in this is that I know this has to possibility to be a rather difficult and stressful trip and I'm trying to be prepared as much as possible to stay on plan. (Did I mention I have two new classes that begin on the 1st?) I figure I can probably get simple meats and veggies at the hospital or live on cucumbers but has anyone used any kind of turkey jerky or turkey sausage or anything like that for their meats? I don't want it to be a regular thing, but I'd like to have something on hand that I can just grab if stuff gets too crazy. I'm not a big fish fan, so eating 7oz of tuna just doesn't seem really likely without a whole bunch of mayonnaise and crackers! I will have a cooler there though.

Thoughts and tips are most appreciated!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #19  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Another start to another week ... time is just flying by!

Does anyone have any good home-made salad dressing recipes?

I have tried almost all of the WF ones, but just can't stomach them.

I have an oil and vinegar one, but it's getting boring and am looking for some new ones!

Thanks!
L
I still use the oil and vinegar as my base, but add different ingredients to it to change things up. The Club House seasonings Parmesan and Herbs or just plain yellow mustard make for great tasting additions to the oil & vinegar dressing.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I am going to be driving (12 hours) to Colorado on the 5th, staying with friends a day and then, another 3.5 hours south to my parents for a night and then another 4 hours south to Albuquerque where I will be at the hospital with my dad while he has knee replacement surgery. We are anticipating that he will be there about 5-6 days before we can head back to their home and my aunt will come in as the relief caregiver and I should be able to head home.

It seems pretty straight forward, but when my dad had hip replacement surgery he was supposed to be in the hospital a week and ended up being there 6 weeks due to complications from the anesthesia. My mom isn't going to the hospital because she had pneumonia and has been on oxygen ever since and can't seem to get off and therefore can't stay 4 hours from home with the oxygen, so I'm leaving my 17 year old and 13 year old at home to take care of her.

Anyway, my point in this is that I know this has to possibility to be a rather difficult and stressful trip and I'm trying to be prepared as much as possible to stay on plan. (Did I mention I have two new classes that begin on the 1st?) I figure I can probably get simple meats and veggies at the hospital or live on cucumbers but has anyone used any kind of turkey jerky or turkey sausage or anything like that for their meats? I don't want it to be a regular thing, but I'd like to have something on hand that I can just grab if stuff gets too crazy. I'm not a big fish fan, so eating 7oz of tuna just doesn't seem really likely without a whole bunch of mayonnaise and crackers! I will have a cooler there though.

Thoughts and tips are most appreciated!
Good morning! It is wonderful that you are taking a cooler. It gives many more possibilities:
* You can buy in many groceries pre-cooked/grilled chicken or beef strips to put on salads;
* You could consider pre-roasting some chicken, turkey, or other meat at home, weighing out portions, and freezing to take with you;
* Hard-boiled eggs can do in a pinch;
* Of course, taking packets, bars, RTDs--and take more with you than you think you need! (the voice of experience)
* Many hospitals and groceries have great salad bars;
* Cucumbers are a great back-up plan!
* WF packets of salad dressing;
* My experience in Arizona is that it is a very DRY, arid environment. Plus there may be altitude differences from where you are. Water will be extremely important.

Hoping and praying all goes well!

Debbie
Old 10-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default Raspberry Vinegarette Dressing

Quote:

I have an oil and vinegar one, but it's getting boring and am looking for some new ones!

Thanks!
L
I LOVE this dressing, you can adjust the ingredients to your own specific taste!!

3 tsp. of the WF Raspberry Fruit Spread
2 tsp of Olive oil (I use the light one)
1 tsp of vinegar

I have an electric hand blender,

Blend the fruit spread just to break it up a litte
Add the oil and vinegar and blend.
It will turn a pinkish colour

This is enough for one salad, I usually make up enough for 4 or 5 salads at a time and put it in a jar. Just let sit on counter.
This is very YUMMY!!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

This weekend I hit the 30 lbs weight loss mark and I should be overjoyed....but I'm not. I am more that half way to my goal and should make my goal by Christmas which is exacly what I wanted....So, I don't undersand why I'm not jumping for joy. I feel like the 17 lbs I have left are going to be really hard....maybe I'm just scared of the goal....I've never actually reached a weight loss goal....in all the times I've tried....maybe I'm just second guessing myself....maybe I don't believe that I can really do it...

Can you guys PLEASE give me a swift kick in the as*.
Thanks

***KICK***

I see my goal as being so far away, and feel like I am not getting where I want to be, I share this kick with you! ;-)
You are doing AWESOME! Keep it up!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #23  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

WI today -7.2 since last Monday... That's the 6.3 that I gained in the previous two weeks plus .9! I'll gladly take it! So glad I'm back on track and back on my way to a skinnier me!!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:21 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:

Thanks!
L
I use a little sesame oil (great flavor) and tamari sauce. (like soy sauce less carbs) it has a different flavor to beat the boredom.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #25  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone,
I haven't posted in about a week or so, so I am getting back on track.
Nice to read everyone's posts.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #26  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
Good morning! It is wonderful that you are taking a cooler. It gives many more possibilities:
* You can buy in many groceries pre-cooked/grilled chicken or beef strips to put on salads;
* You could consider pre-roasting some chicken, turkey, or other meat at home, weighing out portions, and freezing to take with you;
* Hard-boiled eggs can do in a pinch;
* Of course, taking packets, bars, RTDs--and take more with you than you think you need! (the voice of experience)
* Many hospitals and groceries have great salad bars;
* Cucumbers are a great back-up plan!
* WF packets of salad dressing;
* My experience in Arizona is that it is a very DRY, arid environment. Plus there may be altitude differences from where you are. Water will be extremely important.

Hoping and praying all goes well!

Debbie
Good ideas Debbie!

I have never even tried the RTD's because I'm just not a shake person and I couldn't see spending the extra money for something I figured there was a good chance I wouldn't like. I do pretty well with the blue/pom, lemonade and orange drink and they mix up pretty easy. I have plenty of bars and I ordered some of the Pure Protein gelatin to take as well because it stays set easier than the IP gelatin.

We used to live in Denver, so I'm kind of used to the altitude changes. Mom and Dad's home is at 6200ft and I think Albuquerque,NM is lower than that, but not a lot. That's why I've allowed an extra day on the way in before I'm become a caregiver. Though I do have to laugh because the girls and I are going dancing at 9 PM the night we are driving in--which means after a 12 hour drive and it being 10 PM our time! I like to pretend I'm a teenager sometimes!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #27  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Soooo.....starting Phase 1 again is BRUTAL!!! I haven't been able to stick with the protocol this time. I've been doing more of Phase 2 with a few cheats here and there. My mom is the reason I started Phase 1 to give her some support in her first few weeks. She did AMAZING her first week. She is following the plan to a "T" and it paid off. She lost 9.2 lbs her first week and is absolutely glowing!!!!

I'm a very proud daughter! I'm going to change my profile picture to one of me and mom so you can put a face with who I am talking about!

Last edited by carlasherea; 10-25-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

ShrinkingSusie and Mrs. Diettrich I was also told that Aspartame was OK to use. The Nurse Practitioner at the doctor's office even wrote on the sheet that Stevia, Splenda and Nutrasweet were allowed. Just no Sweet 'n Low (saccharin). After reading everyone's comments about not being allowed to have aspartame, about 2 weeks ago, I quit drinking my flavored sparkling water and quit chewing sugar-free gum with aspartame . It did not make a difference in my weight loss at all.

KrystinOnAMission I started having the bars at about week 4, then decided to quit them to see if my weight loss increased any. The week I was off the bars, I lost 2 pounds and the week I went back on the bars I lost 2.5 pounds. So, I believe my coach now when she says they won't slow me down. But, everyone is different so it is worth a try!

Sometimes, I think that no matter what you do to try to speed up your weight loss, you are still going to lose at the rate that your body is comfortable losing at. I've increased my water from 68 ounces to 120 ounces, quit using aspartame products, quit all restricted veggies and products, worked out and not worked out - no difference. I am still losing 1 - 2.5 pounds a week.

I also need one of those swift KICKS that Melaniestf asked for! I'm right there with you. I have 17 pounds to go until phase 2. I should be thrilled about the 28 I lost but instead I keep thinking about how slow this is going and how long it will take to lose the rest!

I think we all just need to focus on the positive and think about how much healthier we are and concentrate on following the program one day at a time - we will get there!

Since I don't see any scale victories this week, I'm excited about my NSV. My college age DD recently lost weight and went from a Junior's 13 down to a 7. She just gave me all of her Junior 13's and 11's. I can actually wear some of them and I can zip up and fasten ALL of them! Wooohoooo, I never thought I would be comfortable in Junior sizes again!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

WI today and down 4lbs! I didn't do anything different than I do any other week but I am ecstatic. The only thing that could have been better would have been down one more pound to 'officially' have lost 50lbs. NSV yesterday, went through the old chest and am now wearing my old 14 Levi's comfortably (the kind that have no stretch or give!). Woohoo!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

First weigh in today - 3 lbs 8 inches. If I can keep steady - I'll be a happy camper!
Closed Thread