IP Daily Chat - Mon. 25 Oct. 2010 - Page 5 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

HELP! I am having weak night!! Sorry to the men reading this but I have exams this week (stress), it's that time of the month (chocolate/salt cravings) and for the first time I am hungry? I ate a cookie..actually chewed it and spat it out. Then ate a piece of chocolate cake (chewed that..spat it out). What is with this behaviour?? So now the stomach is growling and I've already had 4 IP packs today. What do ya'll do when the cravings get like this??? Seriously, I wish I could have a tablespoon of peanut butter or something!

For every 5 lbs lost...a peanut butter jelly dancing dude..
Old 10-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyGirl View Post
HELP! I am having weak night!! Sorry to the men reading this but I have exams this week (stress), it's that time of the month (chocolate/salt cravings) and for the first time I am hungry? I ate a cookie..actually chewed it and spat it out. Then ate a piece of chocolate cake (chewed that..spat it out). What is with this behaviour?? So now the stomach is growling and I've already had 4 IP packs today. What do ya'll do when the cravings get like this??? Seriously, I wish I could have a tablespoon of peanut butter or something!

I know you might have read this before, but.....have you eaten EVERYTHING today you should have? Including the oil? the veggies? Have you had enough water?

If so, I would consider some more lettuce, maybe a bit of extra celery.....or you could go for yet another pack, if your stomach is growling. I would just trust that if you have eaten/drank everything else for the day and you are hungry, your body may really need the extra protein. I have occasional days that for no reason, I will be physically hungry, and I have used extra packs. Or call your coach and discuss it with him/her.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

Traveling,,,thank you. No....I haven't I only drank 40oz of water...and skipped the salad because I'm sick of it!!! (not shouting at you...shouting at the diet) But...I will break down and have a salad because I am so hungry my head is killing me (actually...I haven't eaten enough salt either). Hmm never mind....I am my own worse enemy.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 PM   #64  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Bermygirl, try dill pickles. They seem to really help with cravings and they will help with both your veggie intake and salt.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #65  

S/C/G: a:411/306/230 105 lbs lost

Height: 5'11"

Default Omar misses you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Okay, here's my NSV for today:

Before I started IP, I couldn't shop in most of the regular stores unless they had a big & tall section. I end up winning gift cards at work from incentive contests they have, so I always have some Wal-Mart gift cards on hand. I could never use them for clothes, though, because none of the cheap digs at Wally World fit me. I used to joke that my wardrobe was the custom creation of Omar the Tent-maker.

Well, after being on IP a while, I needed some new clothes. All of the old ones got bigger and wouldn't fit me anymore... I was finally able to fit into some of the cheap stuff at Wal-Mart, and so I bought some clothes there that I knew I wouldn't be wearing long. (No Speedos at Wal-Mart, sorry kids!). Well, W-M charges extra, usually a couple of bucks, for larger sizes.

So I went shopping this morning, and just for kicks decided I would try on a pair of dress slacks. I grabbed a pair in a much smaller size than what I've been wearing recently, just to see how close I was to being able to fit into them. When I held them up in front of me in the dressing room I thought, "There's no way these things are going to fit. They're way too small." But when I tried them on...BAM! Perfect fit. It was actually nice to look in the mirror with them on. That alone was a NSV. But it gets better...

They're also a size that's no longer in the "we charge extra for sizes large enough to cover your fat a$$" category. That's when it hit me. I'm turning into a normal person again. Groovy!
That's a great NSV... actually, several..... CONGRATS!!!

I have had similar NS Victories during my IP journey, such as being able to get in and out of my Dodge Intrepid without much effort. Picking up objects off the floor without giving it a second thought... (before I'd be concerned about giving Omar a repair job... )... being able to tie my shoes... walking with no pain in my knees.

I love IP!!!!
A
Old 10-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #66  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I think waterchesnuts are a never.
That's what I suspected too. A 1/2 c. serving (half a can) has 45 calories and 10 carbs! I love them in all of my chinese food, but I will be adding more bean sprouts (for the crunch) and leaving out the water chesnuts...
Old 10-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Hello all! I've been away from the computer for a few days, but glad to be back. I have a few questions. I have been on IP for 5 weeks and have lost 23lbs. In 2 weeks I am going to go with some friends for a 2 day shopping trip. Any suggestions for helping me stay on track. I REALLY want to stay on track. I am only 18 lbs away from goal. Also, how long do the other phases last? I know 90% has to be gone for phase 2 to start, but when are phases 3 and 4 introduced and what happens during them? Thanks!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #68  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:

When I get those TOM cravings for salt I turn to pickels!!! YUM!! And they crunch too. Also the zucchini chips are good then too. If you are still hungry after 4 IP packets, try some crunchy veges, they won't hurt you!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeQueLoca View Post
Hi everyone, my name is Krystal and I will be starting the IP program next week. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to handle being the only one in the house on the diet. My husband has been very supportive with the idea of doing the program and has said that he will make his own meals so it won't be so hard for me, but I'm still really worried! I know that I am strong but I think possibly 4-5 months of no sugar, bread, or pasta may just kill me.
Hey ... I thought the food pyramid was bread, muffins, cookies, umm, other assorted baked goods, and chocolate. I gave that up, and have almost no desire to have it again. Once you adjust to the lower carbohydrate consumption, you'll be fine. You can do it!

Quote:
Well, after being on IP a while, I needed some new clothes. All of the old ones got bigger and wouldn't fit me anymore... I was finally able to fit into some of the cheap stuff at Wal-Mart, and so I bought some clothes there that I knew I wouldn't be wearing long. (No Speedos at Wal-Mart, sorry kids!). Well, W-M charges extra, usually a couple of bucks, for larger sizes.

So I went shopping this morning, and just for kicks decided I would try on a pair of dress slacks. I grabbed a pair in a much smaller size than what I've been wearing recently, just to see how close I was to being able to fit into them. When I held them up in front of me in the dressing room I thought, "There's no way these things are going to fit. They're way too small." But when I tried them on...BAM! Perfect fit. It was actually nice to look in the mirror with them on. That alone was a NSV. But it gets better...

They're also a size that's no longer in the "we charge extra for sizes large enough to cover your fat a$$" category. That's when it hit me. I'm turning into a normal person again. Groovy!
Groovy indeed. And not surprising; if I recall correctly, your backside has been steadily shrinking. What are you going to do with the extra cash?

Maybe we have a new bumper sticker for Ideal Protein: Ideal Protein diet, putting Omar the tentmaker out of business since [insert year]

Quote:
I ate a cookie..actually chewed it and spat it out. Then ate a piece of chocolate cake (chewed that..spat it out). What is with this behaviour?? So now the stomach is growling and I've already had 4 IP packs today. What do ya'll do when the cravings get like this??? Seriously, I wish I could have a tablespoon of peanut butter or something!
When I've had those moments, I have another packet. I figure it's better than any other choice I could make. There was a thread about PB cravings in the summer -- here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Also, how long do the other phases last? I know 90% has to be gone for phase 2 to start, but when are phases 3 and 4 introduced and what happens during them? Thanks!
For the best information about Phases 3 & 4, check out a few other threads in the forum:
Ideal Protein Diet - Phases

Life After Phase 1 - original recipe

Life After Phase 1, the sequel

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-25-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeQueLoca View Post
Hi everyone, my name is Krystal and I will be starting the IP program next week. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to handle being the only one in the house on the diet. My husband has been very supportive with the idea of doing the program and has said that he will make his own meals so it won't be so hard for me, but I'm still really worried! I know that I am strong but I think possibly 4-5 months of no sugar, bread, or pasta may just kill me.
I'll chime in with the as well! This really is a wonderful diet program and this forum is the best! I've been on IP for almost 5 weeks and my husband and son eat what I eat, just adding some carbs to it. For example, tonight was leftover chicken stir fry, but they had rice too. My hubby and I have had talks about how to change old eating habits. Slow but sure the change will come for them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
I'm curious about the Wii Fitness boards. Are they worth it? What exercise routines do you do with them? And how different is it from simply using an exercise fitness DVD? Basically, are they worth the money if you actually use it for something other than weighing yourself? Hmmmm, does the Wii only take your weight, or does it do all of the fancy BMI, fat, muscle, water, bone calculations also?
The Wii ( and Wii Fit ) is great! But you are right, no good if you don't use it. But it is a good tool for tracking your weight and BMI. It also scolds you if you don't come back regularly!
There are plenty of different exercises to choose from - yoga, balance, strength, aerobic. Like with any game, as you get better, you get to another level where it unlocks even more exercises. I've been told the newer Wii Fit is even better - I have the first version from a few years ago.

Haven't seen Carla in awhile. I miss her pearls of wisdom....
Old 10-25-2010, 11:34 PM   #71  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Default almonds!!! ketosis???

Hey I hope evryone here are doing better than me. I stood at my sister's house for 5 days and ran out of IP foods while there, at snack time, and felt too hungry to skip it so, I eat 1 serving of natural almonds, with 160 cal, 1g of sugar, no salt, 6g of carbs and the worst part which I did not see before 14g of fat!. Will this mistake kick me out of ketosis?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #72  

Hi all, I had my WI today. I am very happy with it, but I wish I would have been able to go earlier in the morning before water, breakfast, lunch and more water. Oh well, next week will be earlier. I am down 7 pounds in 7 days!! Now I need to do that about 8 more times! Seems a lot more manageable than having to loose 50 pounds. I'm having trouble uploading a profile pic, I've tried it many times during the week too and haven't had any success. It says "upload failed." The pictures aren't big because I can't make them any smaller. Any tricks?

Last edited by AmyonIP; 10-26-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #73  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
I use this one quite a bit, but its better with some spinach

2 TBS Oilve Oil
2 TBS Apple Cidar Vinegar
1 packet of splenda
2 TSP Minced Garlic

I often X4 this recipe and keep it in a little bottle. This amount should do one or a little more salads.

NOTE - Kraft Italian FAT FREE dressing is 0 Fat 1 CARB and 1 Sugar (just for those days when all the others seem blah. I know its out of protocol, but it takes less than a half a TBS to add some nice zest to a salad.
Thanks for the recipe --- gonna try it :-)
Old 10-26-2010, 12:33 AM   #74  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
Fresh ground pepper
Splenda and a few drops of your favorite hot sauce to taste. (I usually use about 1/3 packet of Splenda).
WOW thanks for the recipe salesgod - should we call you saladgod now??

I tried it tonight (without the Splenda - I don't like Splenda) and it was SO good!! It would be even better if I had beef on my salad or some other kind of meat, but I had my chicken at lunchtime. This is definitely a keeper. TYVM!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:07 AM   #75  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I only drank 40oz of water...and skipped the salad because I'm sick of it!!! .... (actually...I haven't eaten enough salt either). Hmm never mind....I am my own worse enemy.
BermyGirl, can't speak for anyone else, but I struggled with getting in enough water and all the salt, too in the beginning. Making mistakes is how I learned that I need to pay attention to all the rules. I used to read the Phase I sheet everyday and kept finding new things in the beginning (like my brain hadn't registered some words at first). You'll get it!! Hope the salad helped your growling tummy and the salt and the water helped your headache.

I have a lettuce trick to share that makes my lettuce super! (told to me years ago by a friend who's husband delivered produce). Chop your lettuce to bite size, then put in a large bowl and cover with warm water (not hot, but not cool.) The warm water opens the cell walls. If water is dirty, drain, refill with more warm water, then drain, spin it dry as you can, then loosely pack in a plastic bag with paper towels layered in the bag to absorb any more moisture (I use 3 or 4 paper towels for a large head of romaine). Then put in fridge overnight. This chilling after the warm water soak crisps the lettuce - it is so crunchy and fresh - absolutely delicious. Best ever. Mine keeps perfect for at least 4 days (after that, it might start getting a little "rusty", but it is still crispy!) I find it hard to eat limp lettuce. Even if you want whole lettuce leaves, give them a good rinse/dunk in warm water, then spin dry and chill.

(yummy sounding salad dressing recipes, folks!)

Don't give up - you are making new habits. You can do this and IP works!!
Closed Thread