Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:22 AM   #76  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Good evening, I just finished reading todays posts. Welcome to all the new people and greetings to everyone else. All is well, very busy, very little computer time. Well, when the weather turns cooler I won't be pant less. I found pants at Belk in petite short. A petite is too long for me, a petite short is the right length. And to top it all I could get into a size 6. I am finishing my 5th. month on IP. Sometimes it seems like a long time, other times it does not. Regardless, I am so glad I am where I am. Slow is better than nothing and if I had not chosen to do IP, nothing is where I would be. I feel good and I feel good about myself. I am so proud of myself, you see, I have done this myself. If you are wondering if you can do this, the answer is yes. It is worth every step I have taken, every decision I have made and one day I will be at my ideal weight. Yea! Yea! Judy
Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

I just read on calorie king.com that 1/2 a cup of water chestnuts is 14.8 carbs!!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:52 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Since the start of my IP journey my live in boyfriend has been gone hunting so it has been easy to prepare my meals. Well as the saying goes..........."he's baaaaaaaaaack" Now what to do? I have been thinking about this over the weekend so today's posts about feeding others in the household was well timed. I am hoping that he will want to eat what I eat since he needs to lose more weight than I do. He could easily lose 100 lbs and not be too skinny. He does not seem to really be bothered by how much he weighs, I worry about his health. I finally decided that it was time for ME to lose weight. With him being an entire foot taller than I and over 120 lbs heavier I feel very small next to him.........and I am not! It doesn't help that he tells me how tiny I am all the time. Nice to hear but not thruth
I have until Thurs to figure it out as I work swing shift and am not home for dinner Mon, Tues, Wed. He was a little shocked when he opened the refrigerator and there was only veggies visible, haha, his brats, keilbasa and summer sausage where hidden behind zucchini, broc, cauliflower and lettuce. Not to mention that there were none of the usual leftovers.
So here goes!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:07 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Soooo.....starting Phase 1 again is BRUTAL!!! I haven't been able to stick with the protocol this time. I've been doing more of Phase 2 with a few cheats here and there. My mom is the reason I started Phase 1 to give her some support in her first few weeks. She did AMAZING her first week. She is following the plan to a "T" and it paid off. She lost 9.2 lbs her first week and is absolutely glowing!!!!

I'm a very proud daughter! I'm going to change my profile picture to one of me and mom so you can put a face with who I am talking about!
Beautiful photo Carla! I can't wait to hear how your mother does on the plan. I can't say it enough...you look FABULOUS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
I'm curious about the Wii Fitness boards. Are they worth it? What exercise routines do you do with them? And how different is it from simply using an exercise fitness DVD? Basically, are they worth the money if you actually use it for something other than weighing yourself? Hmmmm, does the Wii only take your weight, or does it do all of the fancy BMI, fat, muscle, water, bone calculations also?

Thanks in advance!

MarionM - you could also bring along canned chicken and WJ sauces for flavor/dipping (just remember to bring along a can opener).

Congratulations to everyone on the smaller size clothing NSV's! Isn't it great being able to wear smaller clothes (plus, not to mention how much better your body looks in regular sizes).

And to those needing a good kick in the BUTT: Don't loose track of what you're doing and why you're doing it. Yes, the exciting and all new "honeymoon" phase is beginning to draw to an end. Seeing how quickly you lost in the beginning has lost some of what makes the protocol so simple to follow, has also begun to wear off. Now the real, long term commitment begins. You start focusing upon how the changes you're making are going to affect/impact you for the rest of your life. Rocky Monarch has contributed quite a few excellent posts about how this isn't a diet, but instead a complete change in how we'll be eating and handling temptations, for many of us, the rest of our lives. Now that you're well into phase 1, don't get complacent or lazy. It's important to still follow the protocol - as closely as possible. If you don't, you jeopardize slowing down you're weight loss, thus prolonging your time spent on phase 1. Psychologically you know you're getting closer to your goal. Stay motivated! If you need to shake up your attitude, do it. Just remember, you're worth the time and effort (and $$$). (end of kick in the butt)

Hope everyone's Monday is off to a great start!
I love my Wii Fit! I don't use it as often as I should, however it has really gotten my daughters up and moving. It is very fun to do as a family and take turns at the different games/exercises. My 9 yo daughter is an undefeated boxer in the house and let me tell you, she has to work for it! There are a lot of different things to do on there. I like it more than the fitness videos as I am not a coordinated person and have a hard time following the videos so usually give up after one try.

As for the kick in the bootie...Kick, kick! I don't post too often as my free time is limited. I have done great on the plan and for some reason, went a little crazy and sabotaged myself. Luckily I didn't gain all I had lost, only a couple of pounds. The problems is, though, that after going crazy, I find it much harder to concentrate on the plan and looking for justifications to cheat. It is so not worth it. I worked too hard to get where I am, as I am sure you and the others are also. I usually find myself doing something physical when I have these feelings, seperating myself from tempation, whatever it takes. I think of the example I am setting for my kidos, not only on eating healthy but on following through with what I started. Good luck to you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Okay, here's my NSV for today:

Before I started IP, I couldn't shop in most of the regular stores unless they had a big & tall section. I end up winning gift cards at work from incentive contests they have, so I always have some Wal-Mart gift cards on hand. I could never use them for clothes, though, because none of the cheap digs at Wally World fit me. I used to joke that my wardrobe was the custom creation of Omar the Tent-maker.

Well, after being on IP a while, I needed some new clothes. All of the old ones got bigger and wouldn't fit me anymore... I was finally able to fit into some of the cheap stuff at Wal-Mart, and so I bought some clothes there that I knew I wouldn't be wearing long. (No Speedos at Wal-Mart, sorry kids!). Well, W-M charges extra, usually a couple of bucks, for larger sizes.

So I went shopping this morning, and just for kicks decided I would try on a pair of dress slacks. I grabbed a pair in a much smaller size than what I've been wearing recently, just to see how close I was to being able to fit into them. When I held them up in front of me in the dressing room I thought, "There's no way these things are going to fit. They're way too small." But when I tried them on...BAM! Perfect fit. It was actually nice to look in the mirror with them on. That alone was a NSV. But it gets better...

They're also a size that's no longer in the "we charge extra for sizes large enough to cover your fat a$$" category. That's when it hit me. I'm turning into a normal person again. Groovy!
HAHAHA!! I love this!! You are a great story teller by the way. Congrats on the smaller, cheaper clothes. I find myself doing a private little jig in the dressing room when this happens to me!

As far as being the only one in the house on plan. I am the only one in my family of four on the plan. I am fortunate as I am not the cook in my house, my DH is. He enjoys cooking new things and mixing it up. He and our daughters eat the same meets I eat, sometimes they may have different veggies. What he does is gets steamer bags for me and gets them what they want, he cooks theirs, steams mine. It works like a charm! Basically, I feel there is no reason a family should make two entirely separate meals, unless of course cooking is your thing. It is also nice introducing new and healthier foods to the kidos. My oldest daughter turns her nose up at a lot of the foods, fortunately, she is the thin one in the bunch and never seems to put on weight. Ahhh...how nice that would be.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:35 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post

Anyway, my point in this is that I know this has to possibility to be a rather difficult and stressful trip and I'm trying to be prepared as much as possible to stay on plan. (Did I mention I have two new classes that begin on the 1st?) I figure I can probably get simple meats and veggies at the hospital or live on cucumbers but has anyone used any kind of turkey jerky or turkey sausage or anything like that for their meats? I don't want it to be a regular thing, but I'd like to have something on hand that I can just grab if stuff gets too crazy. I'm not a big fish fan, so eating 7oz of tuna just doesn't seem really likely without a whole bunch of mayonnaise and crackers! I will have a cooler there though.

Thoughts and tips are most appreciated!
You've gotten some good advice here -- I've found that hard boiled eggs and cauliflower travel really well, better than most other stuff. Cukes do if you don't cut them up....if you do, they can get really mushy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiSue View Post
Hello, my name is Sue and this is my first post. I just started the Ideal Protein diet last Wednesday. So far it has gone ok. According to my scales, I have lost 8 pounds. My only problem is that I am already tired of salad. Any suggestions?
We're happy to have you! Honestly, my advice is to power through and don't skip it...it IS critical to the diet. You get used to it...promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Okay, here's my NSV for today:

But when I tried them on...BAM! Perfect fit. It was actually nice to look in the mirror with them on. That alone was a NSV. But it gets better...

They're also a size that's no longer in the "we charge extra for sizes large enough to cover your fat a$$" category. That's when it hit me. I'm turning into a normal person again. Groovy!
Salesgod, AMAZING NSV. I too find that clothes I go to put on don't feel as if they could fit me. There's not enough fabric!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
He was a little shocked when he opened the refrigerator and there was only veggies visible, haha, his brats, keilbasa and summer sausage where hidden behind zucchini, broc, cauliflower and lettuce. Not to mention that there were none of the usual leftovers.
So here goes!
I know this is easy for me to say 'cause my DH is adept at cooking, but here's what I did: I cooked what I cooked for me and made enough for him if he wanted it -- if he wanted something else, he could add it to the shopping list and/or cook it himself. He's been happily eating my stuff when he's home for dinner (works late a lot), and I've been happily adding his stuff to my shopping cart, even if I DID have to go down the 'carb aisles.'

Had a bit of an odd day. Went to the doctor for a procedure, and had a really bad reaction to it. I thought I'd get up and go home, ended up nearly passing out and in a pool of sweat and nausea that came in waves. I ended up having to stay in a room for about 2 hours, and then they wouldn't let me drive, so I had to call the DH to come get me. The doc kept trying to push Ginger Ale and yogurt on me...and I kept refusing. I'd had my veggies for lunch then was going to go home and eat my salad and eggs (it was supposed to be a short appointment) so she thought I was lightheaded because I was hungry. (yeah, entirely possible)

She finally talked me into some crackers...and they really helped. Sometimes a cheat is necessary! I'm on phase 3, so I'll be fine, but was bummed that it came to that. I came home and ate my eggs. Still was feeling puny, so I had chocolate soy puffs, and really, really felt better. Took a 2 hour nap and felt much better. Whew!

Good luck everyone...a really nice chat today with lots of NSV's and positive energy.

Here's a little bit of inspiration for the day, how your best 'money' asset is your health: http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/20...portant-asset/

Also, loving all the salad dressing recipes...don't forget to post them in the recipes thread, everyone!

Last edited by JessicaCourez; 10-26-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #81  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Had a bit of an odd day. Went to the doctor for a procedure, and had a really bad reaction to it. I thought I'd get up and go home, ended up nearly passing out
and in a pool of sweat and nausea that came in waves.
Scary, no matter what the cause. And good advice, as usual.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:58 AM   #82  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyGirl View Post
So now the stomach is growling and I've already had 4 IP packs today. What do ya'll do when the cravings get like this??? Seriously, I wish I could have a tablespoon of peanut butter or something!
50% of the time when you're hungry you're probably just thirsty. I know it sounds trite, but try drinking more water.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:52 AM   #83  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Here I am again... the late nighter. Welcome to all the newbies! WTG Speedo King. I tried the Big Mac in a bowl tonite.. Ive gotta say.. it was awesome!

Ive been doing eh-ok this past week. Though Ive had a few nibbles here and there of *hush* bread. Im still in ketosis and havent gained anything but Ive moved on from the weekend when I had my tawdry affair with bread. Im not sure what is up with me... I think Im just getting to that blah point and need to spice things up. Luckily I think the Bic Mac in a bowl recipe is seriously going to save me. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Night Night.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 AM   #84  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

The new daily thread is now open.

This thread will be left open until later today. This will allow you to multi-quote posts from this thread and reply in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.
Closed Thread