Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Morning everyone! Lots of posts already... Yeehaw.

I had my professional bra fitting at Nordy's last night; feels FANTASTIC wearing a properly fitting bra. There are definitely perks to being a woman; indulging in feminine and sexy lingerie is way up there in my book! If you've never been professionally fitted, I highly recommend it.

For those who struggle during the weekends consider voluntering in your community. It'll get you out of your house away from food temptations, occupy your time in a meaningful way and give tangible assistance to those in need. There are so many non-profits out there who are always in need of volunteers. There's bound to be something in your community which you'll enjoying spending time helping.

In a previous days thread, someone posted about having a salty taste in their mouth and wondered if this was an IP side effect. I don't know who or if anyone replied, but I recall reading an article a few months ago which said a sign of severe dehydration is having a salty taste in the mouth and lips. So, if
you aren't drinking all of your water - start. Or increase it and then see if the
salty taste goes away. Sorry for not posting this when I first saw your question, but unfortunity some days all I have time for is reading everyone's posts.

Within the past month I seen 3 separate articles about the health benefits of
including apple cider vinegar in your daily diet. Of course, when I read them, I
thought for sure I'd remember all the details and then post them, but I only recall the bare minimum (I blame my poor memory on the low carb brain
syndrome - gad, what excuse will I have once I phase off? lol). Apple cider vinegar can help regulate normal blood sugar levels, aid in digestion and help
weight loss. If you google it, I'm sure you'll find more specific details if you're interested.

Hmmmm... There was something else... Yes, lots of random rambling from me this morning. Sorry.

Lindy, hope your BIG breakfast on the run went/goes well. You've earned phase 3. Hope it's good to you! I'm hoping to make it to the library this
weekend to check out a book about Gertrude Steiner. She sounds like she was quite the character! Thanks for the quote by her in regards to "there."

Jessica C. Yes, smaller arms are nice, but the concave armpits are hard to shave when you're in a rush. Ouch! Lol.

Rocky Monarch and Carla you both "hit" upon issues/ideas I'm working through (in regards to my post a few days ago about moving to phase 2). Thanks
again.

Okay, i've gotten my IP morning fix. Time to exercise my core now.

Hope everyone's day is off to a great start! Long distance hugs and willpower dust to everyone!

Last edited by makeitmatter; 10-23-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Could someone please tell me how I go about getting my own weight-loss bar on here? I was reading, and if someone could confirm this, that I need to have made 20 posts before I can get one? Is this correct?
It is 20 posts, but also 20 days.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Well had my first day of off plan. Didn't plan to be off but went to a prepaid lunch for an event and they didn't serve much that I could eat. So I just ate the protein and nibbled on the other stuff. Figured since I ate sugar and other non plan stuff I didn't eat the veggies for dinner because I wasn't hungry. Well scale down 1.5lbs so I'll take it. Besides I can't shake the Big C even with a laxative once a week. I guess I'll need to do something more regular cause I feel like once I'm cleared it takes 4/5 days before anything happens again with aide. Never been a Big C kind of person but have noticed it's getting worse the longer I stay on this program.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 250/227/180

Height: 64 ins

Well i am off to a wedding today so I am praying there will be food at the reception I can eat. This group is really helping me keep accountable! I really feel it helps to talk with other people on the same journey. Have a great weekend and stay STRONG!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
I am also at that point, but you need 20 posts AND 20 days. I am on day 20, but apparently do not get my siggy box until the exact hour I started as well, so after 6pm, I will have a box! HTH

Well, the weigh in is here:

Down 3 more pounds this week.
Down 6 1/4 inches

So, for 3 week total, Drum roll............16 pounds, and 22 1/4 inches!

I also bought a sweet scale yesterday. I love it. It is the WW scale that does weight, BMI, BF, Body Water, Bone Mass! It's wicked!

Have a great weekend!
Good morning everyone! and medicmom!!! Great results in 3 weeks!

I've been lurking the past few days as it's been frantic at work. Year end is coming up Oct 31st and there is a ton of admin work. I'm a Financial Planner in a bank and it's also a very busy time with clients and investments.
I'm having my morning break catching up on the boards here, then it's off to the office to catch up paperwork while the branch is closed and quiet.

My Wii Fit this morning says 209.7 - that's down over 20 lbs in a little better than a month! Onederland is getting closer and closer and I am so excited! No question that IP is the best diet I've ever been on (and there have been many!) and I am so thankful that I found this forum.
I just think it is kind of ironic that I found this place because I was looking for negative things about IP when I was researching it and deciding whether or not I should try it.
NSV - This is the first week that I have had 4 people comment on my weight loss and how great I was looking. So encouraging. Also have to finally go shopping for some new pants for work this weekend - the droopy butt is just getting a little too much. Must find a good consignment store close by.

Hope everyone has a fabulous IP weekend!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #21  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Hello everyone. I also have a hard time on the weekends, but like others have said, just get busy doing something else.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #22  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
I am also at that point, but you need 20 posts AND 20 days. I am on day 20, but apparently do not get my siggy box until the exact hour I started as well, so after 6pm, I will have a box! HTH

Well, the weigh in is here:

Down 3 more pounds this week.
Down 6 1/4 inches

So, for 3 week total, Drum roll............16 pounds, and 22 1/4 inches!

I also bought a sweet scale yesterday. I love it. It is the WW scale that does weight, BMI, BF, Body Water, Bone Mass! It's wicked!

Have a great weekend!
Which model of WW scale did you get? I have been looking for a scale to purchase besides just the normal scale that I have. What I would like to get is a scale that includes how many calories it takes to maintan your current weight. I think that would be helpful when I hit goal to be able to see that number in calories.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #23  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

How do you find the Holiday weight tickers? I have enough posts and enough days that I can get one. It seems there is a Christmas challenge going also and I would like to join that one as well. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #24  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning everyone, Just dropped in to say hi. I have a busy weekend. I feel great and am moving forward, even if it is at a slower pace than I want. Have a great day and enjoy the beautiful fall weather. Judy
Old 10-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #25  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Default Tips for dealing with the Big C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
Well had my first day of off plan. Didn't plan to be off but went to a prepaid lunch for an event and they didn't serve much that I could eat. So I just ate the protein and nibbled on the other stuff. Figured since I ate sugar and other non plan stuff I didn't eat the veggies for dinner because I wasn't hungry. Well scale down 1.5lbs so I'll take it. Besides I can't shake the Big C even with a laxative once a week. I guess I'll need to do something more regular cause I feel like once I'm cleared it takes 4/5 days before anything happens again with aide. Never been a Big C kind of person but have noticed it's getting worse the longer I stay on this program.
Here are my tips for dealing with the Big C. 11+ weeks in and I think my body is finally getting past it.
  • Avoid the chocolate IP items for a few days
  • Drink a 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Magnesium Citrate each night (Cherry is my favorite...this is very different from Milk of Magnesium)
  • Make sure you are drinking at least half your weight in ounces of water each day...if you drink caffeine, add the same number of ounces extra of water as you drank of the caffeinated beverage.
  • Eat some lettuce and/or celery with lunch and dinner every day
  • Talk a walk....some times some extra movement will help produce a movement

Good luck and I hope you feel better
Old 10-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Hi all,

NSV - tried on a little black dress yesterday..it fit really nicely. Trying to decide if I want to buy it or.wait..cause I still have a bunch of weight to go..might just try it on and show hubby and see what he thinks.

On another note, I feel like I am living in that "70's" Show...just can't get out of the 170's. It will be a happy day for me when I get into the 160's cause I have not seen that weight for a LONG time! Any of my other weight loss efforts have resulted in me hitting about 175 and then stalling out...don't want to stall out..it is funny how our bodies remember a certain weight.

On a good note, I think I have accepted that I am about a 2lb a week person. When I was focusing on the scales to much I was starting to get frustrated and get grumpy and doubt the diet, doubt myself. But really? 2lbs a week is 8lbs a month..where else can we lose that?? So I am accepting the weight as it comes off and enjoying the new lifestyle and enjoying the new me..as it is evolving.

Have a great IP weekend all.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Which model of WW scale did you get? I have been looking for a scale to purchase besides just the normal scale that I have. What I would like to get is a scale that includes how many calories it takes to maintan your current weight. I think that would be helpful when I hit goal to be able to see that number in calories.
I will have to check when I get home from work. Its the all glass one. I originally was going to purchase the slim one, but it had less features and was $10 more? I bought it at Walmart. (Canada)

A good way of finding out your daily calories is at http://caloriecount.about.com/ I am on this site and have used it for a couple of years. It keeps track of everything.

Last edited by Medicmom734; 10-23-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

THE BIG C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
Besides I can't shake the Big C even with a laxative once a week. I guess I'll need to do something more regular cause I feel like once I'm cleared it takes 4/5 days before anything happens again with aide. Never been a Big C kind of person but have noticed it's getting worse the longer I stay on this program.
I was never regular before IP it was either one way or the other with lots of cramps and gas! I know EWWWWWWW!!! But I told my coach right off the start(she asked) and I take 2 floralax every night with my cal/mag and have never had a problem in the whole time I have been on IP. I go every day sometimes 2 or 3 times lol but never have to run! If you know what I mean. Ask your coach it is an IP product!
Old 10-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Going shopping for Halloween costum supplies. I am very crafty so have always made my kids award winning (truly not bragging) costums. This year my 15 year old son wants to be Regan from the exorcist!!!! That should be easy and fun depends on the possession level for makeup though but probably the pee soup stage. He is in high school so do you thimk the cross and blood are going to far? Advice and suggeastions are welcome! My other son and his girlfriend are doing a couple thing they are both in grade 11. Any suggestions as we can not agree!
Old 10-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #30  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Glad to hear you're doing so well. As for today and tomorrow, what could plan to keep your mind, body, and spirit engaged?
This weekend is fortunately full of birthday parties (at a pizza place - I checked and they have an awesome salad bar), seeing brand new babies, running errands and church. Since starting the program, I DON'T eat my way through the weekend, but I do find myself wandering in circles sometimes trying to figure out what to do... :-) It's the whole not having kids thing too - life is too easy!
Closed Thread