Old 09-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 175/156/140

Height: 5"8"

okay thanks!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygirl View Post
I have been using the "our food journal" post and have noticed a few things about myself and diet.

1. I am boring.
2. It is easy to be boring.
3. Boring seems to be working for me.

I can't help it! It's easy to eat the same thing everyday because I can grab n go.

I will embrace my boring-ness and continue to lose weight!

I am the same way....I eat the same thing everyday! If it works for you...don't change it!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #63  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae2010 View Post
Another thought - is it okay to have 1 cup of veggies at lunch if you're planning on having 3 cups with dinner?
I do this often, but the other way around: 3 for lunch, one for dinner. But like Aunt Sheshie I'd wait for other opinions. Today is my 12 week anniversary and I've lost a total of 24 pounds. Not exactly the poster child for IP although I've followed the program to the letter and had only IP products.

Lest you think I'm grumbling -- not really. I'm delighted to have lost 24 pounds and no muscle loss.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #64  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Just stopping in quickly! Went for my first weigh-in today since Aug. 27 since I was away... down 3.4. I'll take it! Stepped on my Wii Fit this morning... proud to announce that I am now considered over-weight and not obese!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #65  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
Some of you may have missed this comment I put up last night on the Mon. thread, so I'm re-posting it here, miss our jokes! Laughter burns calories to you know! :

So who knows the answer to this joke? What happened to the goat who wore a speedo to their check in and got laughed at by a ferret?

Best answer wins three bravo signs, 2 cheerleaders and 4 turkeys from me! he he
Um. I saw this last night and wondered what happened to the ferret?
Old 09-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #66  

well, i'm kind of nervous for my W.I. tomorrow,....i'm afraid I did not do to well this week....I guess i was a bad girl!!

Old 09-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Hello all!

Coastal -- great job!!! THere are many successes today! Woot woot!

I had my 5th weigh in today and am down 21 pounds~ I am very pleased with my results for 1 months work! Can't wait to join all of you who are currently in one-derland and looking forward to getting there with the rest of you still working on it!

I just had a vanilla pudding, extra water, ice and a tblsp of WF strawberry jam... not too bad!

Talk soon all and welcome to the newbies!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Hey everyone! Just stopping in quickly! Went for my first weigh-in today since Aug. 27 since I was away... down 3.4. I'll take it! Stepped on my Wii Fit this morning... proud to announce that I am now considered over-weight and not obese!
Congrats Susie! That's fantastic! Keep up the good work and enjoy your time with your man!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygirl View Post
I have been using the "our food journal" post and have noticed a few things about myself and diet.

1. I am boring.
2. It is easy to be boring.
3. Boring seems to be working for me.

I can't help it! It's easy to eat the same thing everyday because I can grab n go.

I will embrace my boring-ness and continue to lose weight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Yes, I LIKE the boringness of it, too. It helps to keep me on protocol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
I am the same way....I eat the same thing everyday! If it works for you...don't change it!
This is so how I eat too... it works for me...

Reminded me of an article I read a while back... it's not very long, so I'll just copy & paste it here... it's from RealAge.com...
The Secret to Making Your Skinny Jeans Fit
April 28, 2009 9:04 PM
by Mehmet C. Oz, MD, and Michael F. Roizen, MD

There are two little words standing between you and your skinny jeans, and they're not "chocolate" and "fries." They're "if only."

As in: If only you had the willpower to step away from the mayonnaise. If only you could stop after four Pringles or one 100-calorie package of cookies. If only you had the power, the strength, the discipline, to control your waist, then you'd finally have the body you want.

Ultimately, you blame your mind for not being strong enough to win over your waist. The problem, though, isn't that your mind is weak, but that it's too strong. Too addicted to the fat, sugar, and salt that are everywhere around you.

To drop pounds, you need to stop blaming your willpower and start changing your environment. In a perfect storm, the boats that survive and sail again aren't the tough ones -- they're the ones that know enough to get to a different environment.

So when it comes to food, you need to create a new environment for yourself; one in which eating becomes automatic. By automatic, we don't mean open the bag of chips and automatically eat the whole thing. We mean for a few meals a day, take away the millions of food choices you're usually presented with. Eat essentially the same meals for breakfast, lunch, and snacks, and change up the options for dinner. By decreasing the variety of foods, you'll be decreasing the risk of bad choices and cravings -- and you'll sail right into those favorite jeans.
hugs
Old 09-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #70  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Default spry gum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymooser View Post
I've never heard of Spry. Where can that be found? I'm in Seattle...
If you have a Whole Foods Market...they have it....or try ebay. There are mints also in Peppermint, Spearmint, Green Tea, and some fruit flavor.

Marilyn
Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #71  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I do this often, but the other way around: 3 for lunch, one for dinner. But like Aunt Sheshie I'd wait for other opinions. Today is my 12 week anniversary and I've lost a total of 24 pounds. Not exactly the poster child for IP although I've followed the program to the letter and had only IP products.

Lest you think I'm grumbling -- not really. I'm delighted to have lost 24 pounds and no muscle loss.
Oh congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post

woo hoo!! you go girl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
This is so how I eat too... it works for me...

Reminded me of an article I read a while back... it's not very long, so I'll just copy & paste it here... it's from RealAge.com...
The Secret to Making Your Skinny Jeans Fit
April 28, 2009 9:04 PM
by Mehmet C. Oz, MD, and Michael F. Roizen, MD

There are two little words standing between you and your skinny jeans, and they're not "chocolate" and "fries." They're "if only."

As in: If only you had the willpower to step away from the mayonnaise. If only you could stop after four Pringles or one 100-calorie package of cookies. If only you had the power, the strength, the discipline, to control your waist, then you'd finally have the body you want.

Ultimately, you blame your mind for not being strong enough to win over your waist. The problem, though, isn't that your mind is weak, but that it's too strong. Too addicted to the fat, sugar, and salt that are everywhere around you.

To drop pounds, you need to stop blaming your willpower and start changing your environment. In a perfect storm, the boats that survive and sail again aren't the tough ones -- they're the ones that know enough to get to a different environment.

So when it comes to food, you need to create a new environment for yourself; one in which eating becomes automatic. By automatic, we don't mean open the bag of chips and automatically eat the whole thing. We mean for a few meals a day, take away the millions of food choices you're usually presented with. Eat essentially the same meals for breakfast, lunch, and snacks, and change up the options for dinner. By decreasing the variety of foods, you'll be decreasing the risk of bad choices and cravings -- and you'll sail right into those favorite jeans.
hugs
great quote- thanks!!
my 2 new words are "can't wait!"

congrats on all the wonderful losses - pounds and inches and smaller sizes!!!!!

I love this support group! I need you all!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #72  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Congratulations to everyone and their amazing weight loss! I heard all your little voices today when I went out to lunch with a friend. We went to Sweet tomatoes which is a salad and buffet type bar. I usually skip the salad and go right to the high carb buffet section! LOL I brought my WF dressing and a restricted item in my purse to help me stick to the plan. I got their early... bad idea... I kept trying to talk myself into.. talk myself out of... sneaking over to the muffin section.. or maybe just some chili?? Pure temptation! Right then I made a decision to never show up early to any restaurant. I opened up the restricted vinegar ridges and had a few, and slowly started to eat my salad. My friend soon arrived and the temptations were gone! Even when she sat down and ate her blueberry muffins in front of me!

So a huge thanks to everyone that laid down the law to all those cheaters. Those words rang back loud and strong and helped me stick to the plan!
Old 09-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 191/157/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
Congratulations to everyone and their amazing weight loss! I heard all your little voices today when I went out to lunch with a friend. We went to Sweet tomatoes which is a salad and buffet type bar. I usually skip the salad and go right to the high carb buffet section! LOL I brought my WF dressing and a restricted item in my purse to help me stick to the plan. I got their early... bad idea... I kept trying to talk myself into.. talk myself out of... sneaking over to the muffin section.. or maybe just some chili?? Pure temptation! Right then I made a decision to never show up early to any restaurant. I opened up the restricted vinegar ridges and had a few, and slowly started to eat my salad. My friend soon arrived and the temptations were gone! Even when she sat down and ate her blueberry muffins in front of me!

So a huge thanks to everyone that laid down the law to all those cheaters. Those words rang back loud and strong and helped me stick to the plan!
Good for you to avoid temptation in front of a friend with a muffin! Danger, danger

Today, while taking out chicken breasts from my freezer, I noticed a container of left over birthday cake. I had been keeping this left over cake to eat myself but I saw it there and grabbed it and took it to my office for the OTHERS to eat during coffee break. I didn't have a piece and I didn't even WANT to have a piece. It felt so good to not have that dumb voice telling me,"take a piece, you know you want to. It's just one piece..." but I resisted, thanks to this diet and my new mindset and actually, big thanks to reading this forum.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

I HAVE USED A TINY CAN-LOW SODIUM V8 IN MY VEGGIE MEDLEY, TASTED LIKE VEGGIE SOUP. NEXT TIME WILL BROWN GROUND TURKEY FIRST AND MAKE A SOUP ..WINTER'S COMING..... I MAKE A LOT OF VEGGIE SOUPS, WILL HAVE TO ADJUST THEM TO IP FRIENDLY.......

Could you share some of veggie soup recipes? I find it easy to get my veggies in when I have soup.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #75  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
Good morning, everyone! My scales this morning said 199.2!! I am officially in one-derland!!!

Just got back from my weigh/measure - my daughter has a CC meet this evening, so had to move it up. He was tickled for me and used my scales' weight for his - not sure if that won't come back to bite me next week. I did weigh on his scales, though, and even according to his, I had lost 4 pounds. Not to mention the 4.25 inches!!

This has really made my day! Ya'll have a great day, too!!

Barbara Ann
GREAT!
Closed Thread