Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Up the meat to 1 lb 4 oz (20 oz) and you'd have exactly 4 servings of 5oz. meat protein + 1/2 cup veg per serving. I think the egg white impact would be negligible. However if you're super sensitive to protein or caloric intake, reduce the meat to 1 lb 3 oz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
K,

I looked at this and saw 4 servings. To me this is just a smidge more than 3 servings of meat. Around a half serving of egg protein. (a meal replacement with eggs is 2 whites and 1 whole egg) The egg is all protein and to much else so, impact to you from this recipe should be minute.

If you were thinking of this as a 4 serving recipe, I think the veggies are a bit short as 2 cups total veggies is only 1/2 cup per person.

I would mix it up, weigh it, then cut it into 4 equal sized balls of meat. After which, I would make equal sized mini meatloafs or meatballs. I would serve it with another 1.5 cups veggies per person and a salad.

this sounds like a good stuffing for baked green peppers, cabbage, or mushroom too. If you finely grated some cauliflower, like rice texture, you could add that and get a more traditional texture as a filling for a "stuffed something".
Thank you for these ideas! I got 20 oz. of beef and will ignore the egg whites. I hadn't thought of using it as a stuffing for peppers, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
Hello Katie (Sunshine),
There’s a lot to do in D.C.! In case you haven’t done this yet, you need to contact your member of Congress to get tickets to tour the White House. You will need to provide the desired date as well as dates of birth and social security numbers for yourself and everyone in your party.

My favorite restaurant near the White House is the Old Ebbitt Grill. It is historic and has several things on the menu that you could make IP-friendly. If in doubt, their oysters (for which they are famous) are always good.

“Must-sees” near the White House are scattered along the Mall and include: the National Gallery of Art, Smithsonian Museums, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, FDR Memorial and the Vietnam Memorial. There isn’t time in one afternoon to do it all, so it really depends on your interests. If you choose the museums, the Natural History Museum has a pretty good cafeteria where you could probably get a salad and maybe some grilled chicken.

If there’s anything else that would help you, please ask, and do let us know how the trip was!
Mary
Thanks, Mary! I didn't know about contacting Congress for the White House tour - I will have to get on that! And thank you for the food/attractions list. I'll have to plan my time wisely to get as much in as I want to! The trip isn't for another few weeks, but I will let you know how it goes!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #92  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Would anyone mind looking at my food journal (pg. 5) and make sure I'm not doing anything detrimental? Pretty please! I am trying to do this by mixing IP with alternative methods.....poor poor teachers, can barely pay our bills (or insert any job!
Is your journal in FitDay? I tried to bring it up, but didn't have any luck. Sorry.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #93  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
I was thinking today of Jordana while I was in the kitchen choppiing veggies and getting my lettuce chopped and in a lock and lock for later....she was soooo helpful when I was a Newbie....her hints of what to do with the IP packets were great....last night for snack I had her vanilla pudding/coffee/SF DaVinci syrup heated drink...it was awesome and comforting. If anyone speaks with her please wish her well with her pregnancy and let her know she is really missed here.

Marilyn
I wonder if Jordana's hints are in a thread some where on this forum.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
I have only just started to post my daily food jounal, but what I have down there is what I eat....and I have been struggling this morning I was UP a lb. What am I doing wrong?

In the Big Mac in a Bowl, I use extra lean ground beef, a green bell pepper, 1 cup of muchrooms, 1 cup of chopped celery, 8 baby dill pickles, 1/2 c. of raw onion, mustard, 1 pkg of WF thousand island dressing. and this was for 4 servings. Is there a culprit lurking in that?

I am getting frustrated
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Would anyone mind looking at my food journal (pg. 5) and make sure I'm not doing anything detrimental? Pretty please! I am trying to do this by mixing IP with alternative methods.....poor poor teachers, can barely pay our bills (or insert any job!

I looked at both of your journals in the "Our Daily Journal" thread and they look OK to me - I'm not real good at suggestions - but maybe someone else could answer better. I know it is sometimes hard to find your journal in that thread. You could always copy your journal and paste it into a new reply so that your journal is at the top of the "Our Daily Journal" thread and easier to find. Not sure how many people look at that thread? But you can copy and paste your journal into a new reply at the top of "Our Daily Journal" every once in a while so that the comments don't seperate us so much in there.

Elle

Last edited by elle12; 09-12-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #95  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Jordanna started a thread here that has tons of tips - maybe this was what you were looking for?
Old 09-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #96  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Here tips are all spread through many threads.

here is a hint! Find a post or thread made by her. When you open that post or thread, you will see her picture, click on it, then it will give an option for you to see all posts or see all threads made by her. Open the threads option... At that point, READ... you can read everything she ever posted to anyone.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking IP Vegetarian Foods List????

I have searched the site trying to find an IP vegetarian foods list with no luck. My coach did not know that one exists but someone on here mentioned to me that there is one. Does anyone have access to a pdf of that sheet, or even just the details?

I've been just making my own choices based on the calories allowed in the meats we eat and then choosing things with the lowest possible carbs. and fats. That has worked for me and has not affected my weight loss. I'd really like to find the actual recommendations though if anyone can help me with that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
This was a great weekend. I went to my 41 year reunion (that sounds like a long time ago, but it really wasn't, LOL). Friday night I drank my choc drink while driving to the bar where everyone came casual and sat around and drank and ate "stuff". I walked around with a diet RC all night and mixed and mingled and didn't even think about the food. I did leave around 10pm, but I had an hour drive. The next night the reunion was held in a club that had a bar and dinner was served buffet style. I had some roast beef and a small piece of chicken breast, salad, w/o dressing, and green beans. I thought how happy I was that my body no longer demanded the cheesy potatoes, rolls, butter, and cake. I like to play a game with myself and count up the calories that I probably saved, plus the embarrassment of eating more than everyone else.

I could never have gone if I hadn't lost 80 pounds. I had fun, walked around with a glass of ice tea and felt fine. I danced and let people take pictures of me. It was great. Thanks everyone for all of the support that is shared on this site and if I can figure out how to do it, I will put some progress photos up.
Rosemary: What an AWESOME & INSPIRING testimony, I'm so happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae2010 View Post
Yeah - I know what you mean about skeptical. So far, everyone I've told about this diet has been like, "so what CAN you eat? I thought apples WERE healthy? You mean you make food from a bag?" But I know for sure they'll be amazed next friday after my first weigh in and I know I'll be down a bunch.

Good for you on 12.2 lbs. That is amazing. I can't wait to get into this community as already I've felt tears welling up reading all the other "welcome" notes you and others have posted.

R
Rae: I've only been on program for 2 weeks and have lost 17 pounds. I've been telling the naysayers that I had been considering gastric bi-pass and that this is a much healthier alternative. After that surgery your on basically all liquids for some time and very few calories. On this diet, yes it may seem restrictive, but it's less so then that diet and I don't have to have surgery! Yay IP! So far anyone I've told that to totally gets it.

Last edited by MotherDuckMJ; 09-12-2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: add bold
Old 09-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #98  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae2010 View Post
Hi all,

I'm brand new to IP, today was my first day actually, and so far so good. I'm looking forward to my evening snack of pudding but before I make it I'm going to check out the tips and tricks on this site to hopefully dress it up a little. Looking forward to sharing my success and celebrating yours!

R
WELCOME! Even though I was at my goal weight 14 years ago, now that I have lost some pounds, I look at my body in smaller clothes and am amazed everyday. It is truly a great feeling and it won't be long till you are feeling the same way. No matter what comes up, please make the decision to stay on your plan. Keep in touch. Judy
Old 09-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 224/207/174

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone......hope you had a good weekend. I love reading the posts about fitting into smaller clothes. That's what I look most forward to, putting on clothes I once couldn't squeeze into. Thanks for the postings as they are my motivation.
Good night all.....my bed is calling me.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:43 PM   #100  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju View Post
Hello to a fellow newbie! I think the main secret is to make sure it is cold
WELCOME! I am enjoying IP and am gaining so much knowledge and support from this forum. Judy
Old 09-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #101  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
While I have been on the IP plan for 10 weeks, I just found this site. And I think it's exactly what I need to help me stay motivated! Another dieter in my community has written an IP cookbook that has also helped me, giving me more variety in my kitchen. So between these two things, plus the fact that my husband and I are doing this together, I have high hopes of reaching my goal by the new year.

Good for you! I agree that eating out is the hardest part of IP because it seems to take so much planning. But, like you, I'm not going to miss out on good times with friends and family just because of food issues. Glad you had a good time

I'm doing the same thing at my house! Only our fruit is peaches and pears. I really do miss fruit, but each week when I weigh, I realize that it's for a good cause.
I am interested in her recipes.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:27 AM   #102  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
Try a few shakes of Apple Pie Spice from Penzeys in the vanilla pudding. Yum! If there isn't a Penzeys near you, go to www.penzeys.com. They have the best spices and tons of them. Variation helps to keep from getting bored on IP.
Thanks for the site. There is a store in Alabama that I plan to visit in the future. Judy
Old 09-13-2010, 01:43 AM   #103  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
I have searched the site trying to find an IP vegetarian foods list with no luck. My coach did not know that one exists but someone on here mentioned to me that there is one. Does anyone have access to a pdf of that sheet, or even just the details?

I've been just making my own choices based on the calories allowed in the meats we eat and then choosing things with the lowest possible carbs. and fats. That has worked for me and has not affected my weight loss. I'd really like to find the actual recommendations though if anyone can help me with that. Thanks!
I think Xanthia was the one who mentioned trying the program as a vegetarian. Not 100% certain so, maybe she will chime in to confirm or deny
Old 09-13-2010, 02:06 AM   #104  
Started IP May 25,2010

Thanks to Pinky and Showgirlaz.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #105  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default My Success Chart

Does anyone have a blank "My Success Chart" that they could post in TIPS FOR NEWBIES, for those who are doing this on their own?

Last edited by Linden; 09-13-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Closed Thread