IP Weekend Chat - 11 & 12 Sept 2010 - Page 4 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #46  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
Novak,

We probably use the same IP clinic (you past tense): Dr. W. in Herndon. If you are at his "How to Keep It Off" seminar next Saturday, I'd love to give you a hug of thanks from everyone on this forum for all of your support!

Mary
No, actually... my chiro in Reston. Who's doing the seminar?
Old 09-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
Today was so strange. At about 3:00 I became so tired and hungry I almost couldn't handle it and for the first time in 6 1/2 weeks, visions of bagels, and twizzlers danced in my head. I prayed for the strength to say no. Eventually i decided to just eat my dinner...so at 4:30 I made a big salad and some chicken with zucchini...it got me through..but it was a little scary. I was just dozing off and dreaming of I.P chocolate pudding...happy to have survived the hunger and hoping tomorrow is not as bizarre
I felt the same way yesterday. Maybe the cool autumn weather is making me want to nap - AND - I was really hungry, too. I toughed it out by drinking more water and sitting outside with my book for awhile. I made it until about 4:45 before I fixed dinner. Strange, indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae2010 View Post
Hi all,

I'm brand new to IP, today was my first day actually, and so far so good. I'm looking forward to my evening snack of pudding but before I make it I'm going to check out the tips and tricks on this site to hopefully dress it up a little. Looking forward to sharing my success and celebrating yours!

R
R - Welcome! I don't know what I'd do without my Magic Bullet! I use it for making great shakes from the pudding. (Frankly, I use it to mix up all my IP food at home - I keep my shaker at the office.) Making shakes from the pudding seems much more filling to me than plain pudding. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post
I've had a great weekend so far! For the last several years my inlaws and my husband and I have been planning to go to a local Cowboy supper, with music, melodrama and a great BBQ dinner. We've always missed ticket sales, (it sells out pretty quickly) until this year. My brother in law gave me a date and said "Order us all some tickets!" I agreed, but I was sick to my stomach when ordered the tickets because I knew I would probably still be in phase 1, and I thought, "What will I eat and how awful will it be not to eat whatever I want?!!!" The menu was meat, corn bread, apple sauce, potato, and BBQ beans, and I thought I could maybe eat the meat except it will be coated in sugary BBQ sauce. Ugh! But I didn't want to miss out on something we'd been trying to do together for several years, so I decided to buck up and go. I packed a tupperware of my two cups of veggies with olive oil and shoved it in my sister in laws big purse.

When it came time for dinner, I was so tickled to discover that the meat and the sauce were separate! I skipped everything off protocol, ( I can always have a potato and cornbread another time at home!) and I had a little chicken, pork and beef grilled to perfection! I took out my salad and olive oil and had a marvelous meal! And the music and show were terrific. I was so glad I didn't cancel. It helped me to realize, yet again, that bad food and fun are not conjoined at the hips. That I really can make better choices and still have a good time. And I really wasn't craving all the other food. I didn't think it was going to happen for me--I was still having sugar and carb cravings like crazy through week 6-- but then behold, by week 7 somewhere in the middle, they just went away.

And this morning, after the dinner, I had still lost a half a pound from the day before.

This morning I was flying high, but I needed it after this week. I had a difficult week with non diet issues, and also with just feeling really hungry different times. But today was a reminder to me, on several levels, that if I stick to doing what I know is right, I will see positive results, but sometimes, I just have to keep holding on in spite of what things look like at the time.

Happy Weekend All! Here's to holding on until the end!

KelleyAnn
KelleyAnn - you are my HERO! Great job! I've always said that gatherings of friends/family should be about the people - not the food. It always irritates me after a holiday or other celebration, people would ask "What did you eat?". It should be "What did you talk about? Who did you see? How much fun did you have?"
Old 09-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Dee-Ann: I just saw your progress photos. They look awesome!

BTW: I thought I read somewhere that we could use the multi-quote icon to quote from one thread to another. I tried to do that with the progress photos. It does not seem to work that easy. Any tips?
Old 09-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc764 View Post
I had the same problem one day...my coach said it was OK to have a fourth I.P. packet if I absolutely needed one (not restricted foods though). It really helped and got me through until it was time for dinner. Not quite sure why that day was different than others. I haven't had to do it again, but it is nice to know that the option is there if you really need it. Hope this helps!
cc764 I think that was my problem, because I work out, my coach was adamant that I have 4 packets a day and yesterday was a day off from working out so i figured i wouldn't have that 4th and so I was starving...stupid me!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
I felt the same way yesterday. Maybe the cool autumn weather is making me want to nap - AND - I was really hungry, too. I toughed it out by drinking more water and sitting outside with my book for awhile. I made it until about 4:45 before I fixed dinner. Strange, indeed.
gibster that is weird that you had a weird hungry day too...i hope today is not another one...but if we have to have dinner at 4:30-4:45 to survive than so be it!!

Here's to a hunger free i.p. day!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Spending weekend in hospital with my dad. He is not doing well...respiratory failure. Please send prayers. It is really hard on my mom.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #51  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default csdclark

I only have one word to say about your before and after pictures:
Lovely.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #52  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Spending weekend in hospital with my dad. He is not doing well...respiratory failure. Please send prayers. It is really hard on my mom.
My prayers went out to you and your family.

Marilyn
Old 09-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #53  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

prayers for God's strength for your dad, your mom and you
Old 09-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
BTW: I thought I read somewhere that we could use the multi-quote icon to quote from one thread to another. I tried to do that with the progress photos. It does not seem to work that easy. Any tips?
After you click on the final "quote," drag your mouse to highlight the entire block, click on edit in your toolbar, and then click on copy. Go immediately to the thread in which you want to post, arrow down and click on "quick reply." Click on edit, then click on paste. Post your response as usual.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #55  

Default Multi-quoting to different thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Yup you can do it, here's how:
  1. Select the post(s) you want to quote
  2. Go to the thread where you want to quote them
  3. Click on "Post reply" at the top of the page or the bottom.
  4. Look below the box where you enter your post. You'll see a message: "You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well or deselect this post"
  5. Click on "Quote this post." Result: Quote text and the link are pasted in the reply box.
  6. Enter your comment and post as usual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3fc-multiquote_in_different_thread.jpg (16.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #56  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I pray that his pain is eased and that you and your family are lifted up and surrounded by love in these hard hours.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Your father and family are in my prayers.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #58  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Would anyone mind looking at my food journal (pg. 5) and make sure I'm not doing anything detrimental? Pretty please! I am trying to do this by mixing IP with alternative methods.....poor poor teachers, can barely pay our bills (or insert any job!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Yup you can do it, here's how:
  1. Select the post(s) you want to quote
  2. Go to the thread where you want to quote them
  3. Click on "Post reply" at the top of the page or the bottom.
  4. Look below the box where you enter your post. You'll see a message: "You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well or deselect this post"
  5. Click on "Quote this post." Result: Quote text and the link are pasted in the reply box.
  6. Enter your comment and post as usual.
Your way seems easier. I'll have to try that next time.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:

My thoughts are with you and your family.
Closed Thread