Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseCake4me View Post
hi Pumkyparry!

I agree with you about "owning it". For me it is also about not making excuses anymore. For many years I found excuses for my weight and almost was convinced that I really had no control over it. I delt with low thyroid and other medical conditions which probably contributed to my weight gain but didn't want to really take "ownership" for what I was feeding my body.
I had to accept being a carbaholic and was so happy to find out about this wonderful diet plan that has finally been able to help me resist carbs. I can't even describe how nice it is to not feel compelled to consume the foods that caused my obesity in the first place.
The rapid weight loss and relief from the carb cravings is a big part of the reason that this plan is successful for me.
I second this! I am doing so many things on this diet that I thought I would never do...like staying on program on holidays and special occasions, like bringing my own food in a tupperware instead of eating out, things I thought would literally make me miserable and ruin my life. I'm realizing the list of things I thought I could/would never do were part of what was keeping me from losing weight. I would say I would do whatever it takes, but in my mind I was thinking, "Well, within reason..." which meant lots of excuses for eating all manner of junk. I'm doing what I never thought I could, and here's the clincher, I am not miserable!! I have lost 26 lbs in 8 weeks and I don't feel like food is in charge of me. It has been so freeing.

KelleyAnn
Old 09-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #32  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae2010 View Post
Hi all,

I'm brand new to IP, today was my first day actually, and so far so good. I'm looking forward to my evening snack of pudding but before I make it I'm going to check out the tips and tricks on this site to hopefully dress it up a little. Looking forward to sharing my success and celebrating yours!

R
Hello to a fellow newbie! I think the main secret is to make sure it is cold
Old 09-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #33  

Quote:
Hi all,

I'm brand new to IP, today was my first day actually, and so far so good. I'm looking forward to my evening snack of pudding but before I make it I'm going to check out the tips and tricks on this site to hopefully dress it up a little. Looking forward to sharing my success and celebrating yours!

R
Great to see you on here !! Glad your first day is going well ! You are going to do GREAT !! Wishing you the best of success !
Old 09-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #34  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Hi all,

R
I'm drinking a pudding right now and enjoying it. Consider "dressing it down" before you dress it up? Add 16 oz of cold water to make a great shake. Or, add the same amount and microwave it in a glass container on defrost for about 45 seconds for, in this case, hot chocolate. Be careful not to over heat and cook the protein. And welcome!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #35  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
YAY: I'm down 40 lbs! Today is the beginning of week 10!
That is a prodigious loss. And in an incredibly short time. Yay!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hi all,

R
You will love IP, it is a great eating plan.

I love my chocolate pudding!! I put it in a mini blender with 8 oz of very cold water, add about 2 tbsp of the Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup and blend, then I add 3 or 4 ice cubes and blend again until the ice is a smooched up. It is like a YUMMY chocolate shake!!! My favorite!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

I've had a great weekend so far! For the last several years my inlaws and my husband and I have been planning to go to a local Cowboy supper, with music, melodrama and a great BBQ dinner. We've always missed ticket sales, (it sells out pretty quickly) until this year. My brother in law gave me a date and said "Order us all some tickets!" I agreed, but I was sick to my stomach when ordered the tickets because I knew I would probably still be in phase 1, and I thought, "What will I eat and how awful will it be not to eat whatever I want?!!!" The menu was meat, corn bread, apple sauce, potato, and BBQ beans, and I thought I could maybe eat the meat except it will be coated in sugary BBQ sauce. Ugh! But I didn't want to miss out on something we'd been trying to do together for several years, so I decided to buck up and go. I packed a tupperware of my two cups of veggies with olive oil and shoved it in my sister in laws big purse.

When it came time for dinner, I was so tickled to discover that the meat and the sauce were separate! I skipped everything off protocol, ( I can always have a potato and cornbread another time at home!) and I had a little chicken, pork and beef grilled to perfection! I took out my salad and olive oil and had a marvelous meal! And the music and show were terrific. I was so glad I didn't cancel. It helped me to realize, yet again, that bad food and fun are not conjoined at the hips. That I really can make better choices and still have a good time. And I really wasn't craving all the other food. I didn't think it was going to happen for me--I was still having sugar and carb cravings like crazy through week 6-- but then behold, by week 7 somewhere in the middle, they just went away.

And this morning, after the dinner, I had still lost a half a pound from the day before.

This morning I was flying high, but I needed it after this week. I had a difficult week with non diet issues, and also with just feeling really hungry different times. But today was a reminder to me, on several levels, that if I stick to doing what I know is right, I will see positive results, but sometimes, I just have to keep holding on in spite of what things look like at the time.

Happy Weekend All! Here's to holding on until the end!

KelleyAnn
Old 09-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 270/235/190

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
Today was so strange. At about 3:00 I became so tired and hungry I almost couldn't handle it and for the first time in 6 1/2 weeks, visions of bagels, and twizzlers danced in my head. I prayed for the strength to say no. Eventually i decided to just eat my dinner...so at 4:30 I made a big salad and some chicken with zucchini...it got me through..but it was a little scary. I was just dozing off and dreaming of I.P chocolate pudding...happy to have survived the hunger and hoping tomorrow is not as bizarre
I had the same problem one day...my coach said it was OK to have a fourth I.P. packet if I absolutely needed one (not restricted foods though). It really helped and got me through until it was time for dinner. Not quite sure why that day was different than others. I haven't had to do it again, but it is nice to know that the option is there if you really need it. Hope this helps!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi all,

R
Welcome from another newbie! I expect to start IP the middle of next week after a doctor's appointment and meet with IP coach on Tuesday. It looks like we will start from similar starting weights....best of luck to you! I'll post when I start!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
YAY: I'm down 40 lbs! Today is the beginning of week 10!
That is awesome!! All of you have been on IP are so inspiring with your losses! I can hardly wait!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #41  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Success at the consignment shop!

A pair of Levi's that look great on me -- for $12! I had to kiss a lot of frogs to find them, but it was worth it.
I went to the resale shop today and bought a pair of jeans, too, but mine cost me $15.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #42  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

I found some awesome Saigon Cinnamon that I fresh grind to top my puddings with. Add a little nutmeg and it really makes a treat!

Welcome Newbies! Glad your on board.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Quote:
Hi all,

R
Welcome I also lived most of my life in small town Manitoba. Just remember we are here for you. I am glad to here that you are feeling good. My first day was pretty rough but I was a total carboholic and a bit of a sugar addict. If you have any problems post them and someone or someones (lol) will have advice or info for you!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:25 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post
I packed a tupperware of my two cups of veggies with olive oil and shoved it in my sister in laws big purse.

When it came time for dinner, I was so tickled to discover that the meat and the sauce were separate! I skipped everything off protocol, ... and I had a little chicken, pork and beef grilled to perfection! I took out my salad and olive oil and had a marvelous meal! And the music and show were terrific. I was so glad I didn't cancel. It helped me to realize, yet again, that bad food and fun are not conjoined at the hips. That I really can make better choices and still have a good time.

Way to go, KelleyAnn!!! Great story, great attitude, great strategy! That's what I call a real success story!

Jackie
Old 09-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I went to the resale shop today and bought a pair of jeans, too, but mine cost me $15.
Not to one up you guys but I went to Dots (it's a new clothing store that sells overstock or last season designer items) and got a brand new pair of Pure Colour jeans for $3.75 gotta brag a bit cause thats the best deal I ever got and I am a shopoholic with a serious addiction to sales and discounts!
Closed Thread