Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Spending weekend in hospital with my dad. He is not doing well...respiratory failure. Please send prayers. It is really hard on my mom.

Now, share those with your mom!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #77  

Yea!!!!!!!.. could y'all hear me cheering from there?.. after all this talk about new jeans, I decided to go through a box of clothes I had looked through a couple of months ago, & there was a pair of 34-waist Wranglers... very tight, but I got them on & buttoned & zipped!!!.. I know I haven't worn those in at least 17 years, before I moved down here... & if I remember right, they were a little tight back then, but that's the way you wear Wranglers, isn't it?.. I didn't try sitting down in them, but it was just such a thrill to get them on... maybe I'll try them on again in the morning, before I've eaten anything... to a Texas girl, getting into her Wranglers is major!!!.........

hugs
Old 09-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
Hey ladies - any suggestions for restaurants or can't miss tourist sites in D.C.? I've never been there and will be there for an afternoon. I'll be seeing the obvious places - White House, Capitol, Washington Monument, etc., but any other ideas for a short amount of time?
Hello Katie (Sunshine),
There’s a lot to do in D.C.! In case you haven’t done this yet, you need to contact your member of Congress to get tickets to tour the White House. You will need to provide the desired date as well as dates of birth and social security numbers for yourself and everyone in your party.

My favorite restaurant near the White House is the Old Ebbitt Grill. It is historic and has several things on the menu that you could make IP-friendly. If in doubt, their oysters (for which they are famous) are always good.

“Must-sees” near the White House are scattered along the Mall and include: the National Gallery of Art, Smithsonian Museums, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, FDR Memorial and the Vietnam Memorial. There isn’t time in one afternoon to do it all, so it really depends on your interests. If you choose the museums, the Natural History Museum has a pretty good cafeteria where you could probably get a salad and maybe some grilled chicken.

If there’s anything else that would help you, please ask, and do let us know how the trip was!
Mary
Old 09-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
No, actually... my chiro in Reston. Who's doing the seminar?
The “Keep It Off” seminar is being done by chiro Dr. Ronald Wichin at his office in Herndon with Dr. Dolores Zumbado who is the DC Area Director of IP. Time is 10 am on Sat. the 18th. Isn’t it a great idea? Don’t know if all offices do this, but they should!

Mary
Old 09-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae2010 View Post
Hi all,

I'm brand new to IP, today was my first day actually, and so far so good. I'm looking forward to my evening snack of pudding but before I make it I'm going to check out the tips and tricks on this site to hopefully dress it up a little. Looking forward to sharing my success and celebrating yours!

R
Try a few shakes of Apple Pie Spice from Penzeys in the vanilla pudding. Yum! If there isn't a Penzeys near you, go to www.penzeys.com. They have the best spices and tons of them. Variation helps to keep from getting bored on IP.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #81  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
The “Keep It Off” seminar is being done by chiro Dr. Ronald Wichin at his office in Herndon with Dr. Dolores Zumbado who is the DC Area Director of IP. Time is 10 am on Sat. the 18th. Isn’t it a great idea? Don’t know if all offices do this, but they should!

Mary
Dr. Z is AWESOME! She did my initial and Phase 4 workshops and DON'T miss it! I documented much of what she said on the Life After thread, but I recommend you attend FOR SURE!! Promise me! I'll check into it, and maybe can stop by... will you be there? Need to find out where your guy is located... they would probably appreciate a poster child stopping in.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Good evening IP friends!

Tina-- my prayers are with you right now....

As well, as someone mentioned, I will add little Madelyne to my list as well...

For this weekend, so far so good! It was hard making my kids school lunches tonight, as I bought them croissants... yum!! I smelled them, wanted to eat all 5 of them, but didn't even take a nibble! Whew! It was a close call tho....

I can't wait for a pair of my old small jeans to fit.. congrats to the "Texas Wranglers!!"

Talk to you all tomorrow! Happy IP dreams all!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking Happy Weekend Check In

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseCake4me View Post
hi Pumkyparry!

I agree with you about "owning it". For me it is also about not making excuses anymore. For many years I found excuses for my weight and almost was convinced that I really had no control over it. I delt with low thyroid and other medical conditions which probably contributed to my weight gain but didn't want to really take "ownership" for what I was feeding my body.
I had to accept being a carbaholic and was so happy to find out about this wonderful diet plan that has finally been able to help me resist carbs. I can't even describe how nice it is to not feel compelled to consume the foods that caused my obesity in the first place.
The rapid weight loss and relief from the carb cravings is a big part of the reason that this plan is successful for me.
CheeseCake4me: Great words of wisdom. This really hit home for me. The ownership piece is key. I hope to get to that point where I'm not wishing I could have "bad" carbs. I may have to settle for just telling myself I'm allergic to those foods. The reaction? I eat them and I swell up like a balloon filled with fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I'm drinking a pudding right now and enjoying it. Consider "dressing it down" before you dress it up? Add 16 oz of cold water to make a great shake. Or, add the same amount and microwave it in a glass container on defrost for about 45 seconds for, in this case, hot chocolate. Be careful not to over heat and cook the protein. And welcome!
Linden: Didn't know that overheating can mess with the protein in the products? I'll be careful not to overheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Spending weekend in hospital with my dad. He is not doing well...respiratory failure. Please send prayers. It is really hard on my mom.
tle: So sorry. Prayers your way. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post

Something I was thinking about as I was drifting off to dreamland last night... the difference between IP & Atkins, at least in my experience... (I don't want anybody to think I'm bashing that way of eating, a lot of people have had great success with it).. anyway, with Atkins, I was still pigging out at meals & snacks, it just wasn't on crackers & bread & potato chips... it was on bacon & pork rinds & I don't remember what else... I never retrained my mind & my stomach to live on less food... so, even though I lost a lot of weight while I was doing the diet, when I went back to eating "normally," I continued to pig out & gained the weight back again pretty fast... (maybe there was a warning about this in the book, & I skipped over it).. but with IP, I'm not only retraining my pancreas & my stomach, but also my mind... knowing I can live through the day without eating so much I'm miserable when I go to bed is the greatest feeling... I still have days when my emotions say, "Where's the food?.. I want it NOW!!!".. but those days are becoming fewer & farther between, & I'm grateful for that, not only to IP, but also to all of you wonderful folks here...

hugs
Aunt Shesie: I agree about Atkins, was just telling someone that today. IP is SO much better. All that fat and tons of meat on Atkins had me feeling really poorly in the past. I'm mostly vegetarian and I'm finding IP an easy program to use in that way. Retraining the brain is what I need to do.

I was such a grazer and mindless eater. To me that meant freedom to choose, only I didn't think about what that choices were costing me. I need to dwell on this more as I have paid heavily for those choices and I don't want to ever go back there again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
Try a few shakes of Apple Pie Spice from Penzeys in the vanilla pudding. Yum! If there isn't a Penzeys near you, go to www.penzeys.com. They have the best spices and tons of them. Variation helps to keep from getting bored on IP.
Marypeter: Thanks for this site, I requested a catolog, these look great!

Wow, I can't believe it's already Sunday night, this weekend went so fast. I've had some moments but I stayed on plan and things are going well. My hubby is making me some yummy vegies as I'm typing, he is such a gem! He's lost 10 pounds just from avoiding some of the foods that I can't have on IP, men always have it easier. Hope you all had a great weekend! We can do this!

Last edited by MotherDuckMJ; 09-12-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #84  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

This was a great weekend. I went to my 41 year reunion (that sounds like a long time ago, but it really wasn't, LOL). Friday night I drank my choc drink while driving to the bar where everyone came casual and sat around and drank and ate "stuff". I walked around with a diet RC all night and mixed and mingled and didn't even think about the food. I did leave around 10pm, but I had an hour drive. The next night the reunion was held in a club that had a bar and dinner was served buffet style. I had some roast beef and a small piece of chicken breast, salad, w/o dressing, and green beans. I thought how happy I was that my body no longer demanded the cheesy potatoes, rolls, butter, and cake. I like to play a game with myself and count up the calories that I probably saved, plus the embarrassment of eating more than everyone else.

I could never have gone if I hadn't lost 80 pounds. I had fun, walked around with a glass of ice tea and felt fine. I danced and let people take pictures of me. It was great. Thanks everyone for all of the support that is shared on this site and if I can figure out how to do it, I will put some progress photos up.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 09-12-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #85  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Good evening IP friends!

Tina-- my prayers are with you right now....

As well, as someone mentioned, I will add little Madelyne to my list as well...

For this weekend, so far so good! It was hard making my kids school lunches tonight, as I bought them croissants... yum!! I smelled them, wanted to eat all 5 of them, but didn't even take a nibble! Whew! It was a close call tho....

I can't wait for a pair of my old small jeans to fit.. congrats to the "Texas Wranglers!!"

Talk to you all tomorrow! Happy IP dreams all!

I think the smaller jeans is the magic of this diet for me. I was wearing size 22-24 jeans when I started this diet. I went shopping in a resale shop this summer and bought a bunch of juniors jeans because they will fit my torso better when I get into them. I tried them on this week and the 15 juniors fit. I wore them Friday night to my reunion. I love the payoffs in this diet.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 09-12-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 191/157/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwizardgal View Post
Welcome Rae, this is the end of my first full week, and my third post..woohoo. I have found tons of great information here, and a feeling of community. No one |I know has heard of ideal protein, and all are skeptical of the astronaut style food packages. After my frist weight in a 9 days into the plan and 12.2 pounds lost they are not skeptical any more.

Here are like minded people all going through the same thing, and at the end of the day a good read reminds you that this works!
Thanks everyone!
Yeah - I know what you mean about skeptical. So far, everyone I've told about this diet has been like, "so what CAN you eat? I thought apples WERE healthy? You mean you make food from a bag?" But I know for sure they'll be amazed next friday after my first weigh in and I know I'll be down a bunch.

Good for you on 12.2 lbs. That is amazing. I can't wait to get into this community as already I've felt tears welling up reading all the other "welcome" notes you and others have posted.

R
Old 09-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #87  

Quote:
Yeah - I know what you mean about skeptical. So far, everyone I've told about this diet has been like, "so what CAN you eat? I thought apples WERE healthy? You mean you make food from a bag?" But I know for sure they'll be amazed next friday after my first weigh in and I know I'll be down a bunch.R
LOL!.. sounds like something my dad said, "I've never heard of anybody getting fat from eating watermelon".. IP is so different from most people's idea of what makes a diet... isn't it great to be able to stand firm when we get those kinds of questions/comments?!!!..

hugs
Old 09-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #88  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

My girls call my food astronaut food. (They are 20,17 and 13!)

We were out of town most of the weekend which involved 2 meals out. I think I made good choices, but we'll see what the scale looks like this week. I was definitely still in ketosis when I got home.

I tried on a dress and it was two sizes smaller than the last one I bought. I didn't buy it because the color wasn't good on me. I did get a nice winter coat that will last me which is really important in Iowa.

Last edited by Marionm; 09-12-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Yea!!!!!!!.. could y'all hear me cheering from there?.. after all this talk about new jeans, I decided to go through a box of clothes I had looked through a couple of months ago, & there was a pair of 34-waist Wranglers... very tight, but I got them on & buttoned & zipped!!!.. I know I haven't worn those in at least 17 years, before I moved down here... & if I remember right, they were a little tight back then, but that's the way you wear Wranglers, isn't it?.. I didn't try sitting down in them, but it was just such a thrill to get them on... maybe I'll try them on again in the morning, before I've eaten anything... to a Texas girl, getting into her Wranglers is major!!!.........

hugs
Congrats on the Wranglers!! I was a country girl in high school and had a few. Rode horses -- of course, when I was in high school, I told my mom I wanted to switch from Western to English because "the outfits were better." She said she knew right then I wouldn't live in the country when I grew up. So nice to hear everyone and their jean stories! When I was heavy I didn't even own a pair of jeans -- I hated the way they looked on me and wouldn't wear them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
This was a great weekend. I went to my 41 year reunion (that sounds like a long time ago, but it really wasn't, LOL). I like to play a game with myself and count up the calories that I probably saved, plus the embarrassment of eating more than everyone else.
I have played the 'how many calories would I have consumed game more than once...' and its a real wake up call. Congrats, and good to hear you had a good time at the reunion!!

Quote:
Yeah - I know what you mean about skeptical. So far, everyone I've told about this diet has been like, "so what CAN you eat? I thought apples WERE healthy? You mean you make food from a bag?" But I know for sure they'll be amazed next friday after my first weigh in and I know I'll be down a bunch.

Good for you on 12.2 lbs. That is amazing. I can't wait to get into this community as already I've felt tears welling up reading all the other "welcome" notes you and others have posted.

R
Rosemary: Yes, people are often skeptical of this diet -- until I had lost a bunch of my weight, I actually didn't share it with many people at all. There is even a section of Dr. Tran's book about 'doubters' -- if you haven't read it, it's a quick read and is really helpful on the diet. Just keep on keepin' on, and eventually they'll be asking for the name of your IP doc! And don't be too disappointed if people don't notice right away -- there is a WW saying: "you notice at 10, your family notices at 20 pounds, and everyone notices at 30." I found that to be very true.

For whoever mentioned Penzey's spices -- they are wonderful! I use the Italian Dressing base in my olive oil/vinegar dressing and it's terrific. I never get tired of it. The Szechuan Pepper/Salt is also great --
Old 09-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #90  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju View Post
Yeah -it's the weekend!
Drinking my Mango drink - not enjoying it so much - does anyone else end up with little curd like things on the top even after lots of stirring and shaking?
I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself as I was always a breakfast girl and a drink or pudding for breakfast is not my thing...

I got these 2 ideas from this forum and have enjoyed them.

8 oz. cold water
4 ice cubes
IP drink mix
mix in blender

8 oz. cold water
5 ice cubes
IP pudding mix
3 teaspoons Walden Farms Fruit Spread or W.F. Chocolate Dip
mix in blender
Closed Thread