Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Thumbs up Listing Start Dates for IP & YOU GUYS ROCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Yay! I'm so happy you had a great week! My body is currently revolting on me, but I'll join you in phase 2 next week.
Xanthia, I love how you list each weeks weight loss, really helpful for newbies like me.

I'd love it if others would list their start date in their signature above their weight tickers, I so need to see timelines people are seeing on this diet. It really inspires me to keep going.

I'm going to my 1 week weigh in in 20 minutes. My scale says I've lost 13 pounds, curious if there's matches and wondering about inches. I swear they should have measured my ankles, that's where I can really see a huge difference LOL.

I'll check in later when I get back, thanks so much for all the support provided here, YOU GUYS ROCK THE HOUSE!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking Losing My Dog Weight, LOVE THAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
MotherDuckMJ and others just beginning this journey-- I started out pretty strong during week one, went to Napa Valley and stayed on the plan during week two and then at week three was so weak I could barely get through the day. There are peaks and valleys as you move along-- for my body, I was asking it to change dramatically. It had to be saying-- where's the sugar and what about some crusty bread?? You will be tempted like crazy and for some unknown reason, most of the time you will overcome it (unlike other diets we have all done). Maybe it's the yummy bars or my personal favorite, the ready made vanilla drinks that are so hard to find right now or just that you aren't so ridicuously hungry on IP. So the hardest days are still a little easier and the more success you have, the more success you will have. Do you know what I mean? As you see the scale move down it's the best motivation in the world. Plus all of those other things we talk about like getting to wear some beautiful clothes and having so many more choices of them. Getting a bit more attention - we all know that the overweight tend to be a little ignored. Anyway, my point is. They are not all good days. I felt pretty lousy for awhile and then suddenly snapped out of it. The energy thing continues to be a problem some times--but just wait until you see how much easier it is to move and walk when you aren't carrying a dog around with you! My dog weighs 55 lbs and I can't lift her for more than a second but I carried that and more. Enjoy the journey and keep dreaming of all you will do at your new weight... pretty exciting, isn't it??
HopefulTricia, WOW, thanks for the wonderful words of encouragement. The "dog weight" comment is great! I'm going to have to lose 3 or 4 of my black labs to get there but I love that analogy! I'm going to copy comments like these and put them in a word doc to read over in low moments. This forum is so appreciated. THANK-YOU!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #48  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kea66 View Post
I need some help. I don't get on here to post as much as I'd like but do lurk often. I am in the middle of week 4, "only" dropped 10 lbs - am following the protocol as closely as I can to perfectly. I even sometimes weight my meat and measure my veggies. Getting my salt and oil in, having lettuce with lunch and dinner along with veggies and any dinner protein. I never skip meals. I sometimes don't eat for 1.5 to 2 hours in the morning due to my schedule but I am drinking water. I get in at least 8 cups of water and sometimes more rarely less. BUT I AM STARVING all the time. I've tried to go over this with my coach and she had me add a 4th packet split in 2 between breakfast and lunch and then lunch and dinner..STILL HUNGRY.
This morning I got up at 6:00, had my vitamins and water (I know you are supposed to have them with food but I don't think that is my problem), grabbed a coffe around 7:00 as I left for work (I don't usually have my coffee til mid morning but I'm trying to change things around to see what might work), had my 'breakfast" (a butterscotch pudding), drank 4 cups of water between then and noon along with 1/2 pack of bbq soy nuts - seriously, there was maybe 10 minutes out of that period that my stomach wasn't growling.
For lunch (noon) I'm having cauliflower with mushroom soup and lettuce with cucumbers and some tomatoes (FYI, I rarely have restricted veggies). I can guarantee you that I will be hungry in less than an hour.
So I'm hungry all the time, spending tons of money on this program and anticipate I will have only lost about 12 lbs in a month. I'm not very happy.
Hi,

im not sure why you are that hungry.. I find that Perrier water helps when im very hungry or doing something that keeps my mind busy.. I wish you good luck...

as for the 12 lbs/month expectation...maybe next month you will loose 20 pounds who knows, I would suggest one thing... mesure EVERYTHING all the time...its easy to get too much or too little of something and that can slow down your weight loss...

I hope youll find the right balance for you!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kea66 View Post
So I'm hungry all the time, spending tons of money on this program and anticipate I will have only lost about 12 lbs in a month. I'm not very happy.
12 pounds in a month is still a 3 pound average per week. Although I started out quick, I have just as quickly slowed and am averaging just around 3 pounds a week myself. I know there are many others losing at a much slower rate than that. For me, water is KEY to keeping you not so hungry. I actually am surprised I don't float away as I easily drink 144oz per day. Way more than the 64 - 80 recommended. I always have water nearby no matter where I am.

Please don't be discouraged or give up. I'm sure when you least expect it things will change.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #50  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Damgi.... ohhh 1 month and half before your cruise.. that is just great!!!! is that your final weight loss gift?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 145/142/125

Height: 5.5

HopefulTricia - I so understand. I am having a horrible day today. I got soo weak that I had to go to lunch at 10:00 at work today. I felt like I was going to pass out and my ears were ringing a little. I am worried. I feel on top of the world some days then I am weak as a rag. I hope this diet is not harming me? I get so motivated when the scale goes down but on the other hand I get worried with these weak moments. I only have 7 more pounds to lose and I am going to stop. If I could only get through this till the end.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
It was 44 degrees this morning....I want summer back!!!
44 degrees??? it was 97 here today on the east coast and they said today would be 93 it feels like 100!!! I'm staying in my a/c house while the kids are in sweltering hot schools and even hotter school buses!! I can't remember the last time we had such hot weather so late in the summer...
Old 09-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Spoiled us, you have.

What I'm lacking these days is time... booted up to acting Director, and doing two jobs. That's what I get for having all those skills.
CONGRATULATIONS Novak! Does this mean you get paid for bossing people around and kicking their lazy, whiny butts? I want a job like that!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #54  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
12 pounds in a month is still a 3 pound average per week. Although I started out quick, I have just as quickly slowed and am averaging just around 3 pounds a week myself. I know there are many others losing at a much slower rate than that. For me, water is KEY to keeping you not so hungry. I actually am surprised I don't float away as I easily drink 144oz per day. Way more than the 64 - 80 recommended. I always have water nearby no matter where I am.

Please don't be discouraged or give up. I'm sure when you least expect it things will change.
Damgi I am glad to see your initial starting weight and how your weigh ins have flucuated. I just had my Week 2 weigh in and am slightly discouraged as I have only lost 7.5 lbs in 2 weeks. I am a person that expects immediate gratification, so I am slightly discouraged.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #55  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
CONGRATULATIONS Novak! Does this mean you get paid for bossing people around and kicking their lazy, whiny butts? I want a job like that!
I'm only acting at the moment, so no more $$ than I already get for bossing people around, and I don't have a great deputy like me to be the bad cop. Still trying to figure out how this is a good deal for me.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #56  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Acting Director she has become. Boss people around she does. Defeat the Emperor she must. Powerful Jedi is she!

Found a Speedo I did. Wearing it now I am. Expect to be fired I do.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
MotherDuckMJ and others just beginning this journey-- I started out pretty strong during week one, went to Napa Valley and stayed on the plan during week two and then at week three was so weak I could barely get through the day. There are peaks and valleys as you move along-- for my body, I was asking it to change dramatically. It had to be saying-- where's the sugar and what about some crusty bread?? You will be tempted like crazy and for some unknown reason, most of the time you will overcome it (unlike other diets we have all done). Maybe it's the yummy bars or my personal favorite, the ready made vanilla drinks that are so hard to find right now or just that you aren't so ridicuously hungry on IP. So the hardest days are still a little easier and the more success you have, the more success you will have. Do you know what I mean? As you see the scale move down it's the best motivation in the world. Plus all of those other things we talk about like getting to wear some beautiful clothes and having so many more choices of them. Getting a bit more attention - we all know that the overweight tend to be a little ignored. Anyway, my point is. They are not all good days. I felt pretty lousy for awhile and then suddenly snapped out of it. The energy thing continues to be a problem some times--but just wait until you see how much easier it is to move and walk when you aren't carrying a dog around with you! My dog weighs 55 lbs and I can't lift her for more than a second but I carried that and more. Enjoy the journey and keep dreaming of all you will do at your new weight... pretty exciting, isn't it??
Terrific post Hopeful Tricia! What you said about the ups and downs is so true! It's important to have the perspective that we all have some down times, whether it be a few hours or a few days, but then we have some very stellar good days too, when we realize we are too big for our skinny jeans, or hit a special goal on the scale, or a receive unexpected compliment. When I struggle now, I just think, well, tomorrow will be better. I've just got to get over tonight. I remember thinking that if I just lost 15 pounds I would wonder around the house happy all the time! Sometimes life sneaks in no matter how thin you are!

Something else, too. There have been a couple of times (not nearly as many as I thought) when my family and I were over at someone's house and I brought my own little dinner and felt a little jealous about special treats everyone else was enjoying. But, what has surprised me is that on the way home, when I'm riding in the car not feeling over-full and lethargic, not feeling like I've overdone it, I am so glad I ate what I did. Which is a lesson to me for being on maintenance. What seems good at the time definitely doesn't always feel good an hour or so after you eat it!

KelleyAnn
Old 09-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #58  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Acting Director she has become. Boss people around she does. Defeat the Emperor she must. Powerful Jedi is she!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you should SO get pics in your speedo taken and placed all over your office.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #59  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Not if you worked for me, Dave!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #60  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Karen,
I read in the Tips for Newbies thread to use romaine lettuce in stir fry instead of bok choy. That way you get more veggies and the lettuce was free. I have done this and by frying your lettuce it really does not lack the flavor but you do get more!

When I eat my veggies at lunch my lettuce is always about 2+ cups. I put the sea salt on maybe some vinegar and toss. I also eat my salad around 10:30am, then my veggies around 12:30pm and then my drink anytime after 1pm.

I am one of those "stuff yourself like its Thanksgiving Meal" girls at every meal and this has helped me.

I do know that I haven't been this successful with any diet plan even though I only lost 2.5 lbs last week. I just thought last Friday "why in the heck am I doing all this veggie eating when I really don't like veggies that much and I only lost 2.5 lbs, I am done!" Then my husband reminded me that hey 2.5 lbs is pretty good.

You know I am not on this diet until I reach my goal, I am changing my future.

Keep posting and let us know what works and what doesn't for you!

Last edited by paygirl; 09-02-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Closed Thread