Old 07-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/138/128

Height: 5'5

Default 2 more questions for the more experienced

I am going back Tom to see the coach and he said to keep the food I did not like and that he would replace it for me. I foo not seem to like any of the puddings so did not eat them. Is that a deal breaker. My example menu suggests puddings after dinner but I could not stomach it so I ate other ip food. Should thAt be ok?

Secondly, which foods did u guys end up liking best? I loved all the shakes and bars and also the soy puffs with chocolate. Did not try soups or omelet yet--- harder to fix at work. Are those good? If yes, I could keep them for w/ends.
Zebra35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #2  
Dave - The Speedo King

If you don't like the pudding, try the raspberry jello. I've tried lemon, banana, butterscotch and chocolate puddings, and the only one that's even remotely attractive is the chocolate. A lot of people freeze them so that they're more like ice cream, and I've found they're better if you mix them in a blender and let them sit in the fridge for a while.

I usually don't go a day without eating an omelet. I really like them.

Also, since all of the packets have complete protein, you can eat what you want when you want, other than the restricteds.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra35 View Post
I am going back Tom to see the coach and he said to keep the food I did not like and that he would replace it for me. I foo not seem to like any of the puddings so did not eat them. Is that a deal breaker. My example menu suggests puddings after dinner but I could not stomach it so I ate other ip food. Should thAt be ok?

Secondly, which foods did u guys end up liking best? I loved all the shakes and bars and also the soy puffs with chocolate. Did not try soups or omelet yet--- harder to fix at work. Are those good? If yes, I could keep them for w/ends.
alright both your questions are very related to each other. You seem to like mainly the items which are restricted; these are the ones which you should not OR its better not to have during the first 2 weeks of your diet.

In short: it does not matter what you have during the day as long as they don't have massive amonths of carbs and in some cases actual sugar (think bars have sugar). I highly suggest that you stick with shakes, puddings, cereal is good. There is a good vairety of shakes, try and wildberry yogurt, pina colada, etc etc...
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I understand not liking certain products. That is a large part of why there are so many to choose from. I didn't like the chocolate pudding until I started adding a drop or two of mint extract to the water and 1 packet of stevia/splenda. I'd mix that first then add the chocolate pudding. It was like a chocolate mint dessert. That was much more appealing to me.

You should not have more than 1 restricted item per day and only choose 2 per week of the chili, spaghetti or, stew. As Pita mentioned, it is advised by many coaches that you DO NOT HAVE any restricted foods the first few weeks. This is suggested for most persons to help them attain the maximum loss. There are some exceptions to this and, if you have discussed this with your coach, you may be one.

You can choose to have only one favorite food and have it 3x a day if that works for you. You do not have to have the variety but it does make the program more enjoyable, gives you great variety of protein sources and, supplies you collagen elements that are beneficial.

I eat the eggs/omellette 4 days a week. I find it microwaves well, cooks quickly, and I can use it as a scramble, crepe, omellette, or a filling inside lettuce wraps. I always add extra veggies to it.

I also use the chocolate pudding multiple times a week.

Others I use very regularly are: vanilla ready to drink shake, wildberry yogurt DRINK, Mango Peach, Pina Colada, Blueberry Pomegranate, and the jello.

Every day I use either a blueberry -pom drink or a jello. I actually like the jello as a warm drink. They offer the collagen benefit and are very helpful to those losing a large amount of weight or those concern about the appearance of their skin - crepe like, loose, saggy.

I don't follow the directions on the packet unless I am making eggs. I always dilute the drinks and yogurt. The pudding I dilute if I want a shake. The soups are "ok". I usually add extra spice and veggies. Mostly, IF I use it I add it to meat as a binder for meat loaf, meatballs, or stuffed "something". That turns out fine for me.

I love the crispy cereal. It isn't for everyone and it does have a "powdered milk" flavor for some. I add a little of the french vanilla stevia, some add the french vanilla splenda, and it tastes MUCH more yummy IMHO.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/138/128

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the responses guys... Dunno why my coach did not warn me about certain foods being restricted from the first few weeks... I will consult him on that when I see him Tom.
Also thanks for extended tips... So far, I have been following prep instructions religiously.. I will take your advice on diluting things as of Tom.
Thanks again I will post my results Tom.
Zebra35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

I also like the omelet pack and usually make it the night before with veggies for my lunch at work. Then all i have to do is heat it up in the microwave. For me, it ends up as a scramble instead of an omelet but tastes the same. I love the cereal and usually have it minimum once a day but often twice. I also have the blueberry,cranberry drink at least once a day because of the collagen. When i exercise, I eat an extra pack, so either pina colada or the pink lemonade. I did not like the soups or the raspberry jello, so have a lot of left over. I like the chili but since it is a restricted item, i prefer to eat one of the bars instead. have fun with itl!
dietfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote