Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Just had a brilliant idea - I'm going to take the maple oatmeal and turn it into a crumble topping for the rhubarb then bake it in the oven like a crisp...

Has anyone else tried this?
Oh that sounds good--I think I will wait to cook mine until you try that so please let us know how it turns out. I am treating my rhubarb like gold--I had to go to three different stores before I found it and it was not cheap not that anything is on this plan.

Quote:
Hey Beyourbest - are you still phasing out on the 16th? I'm looking forward to phasing out in June! I need a break for a couple months! I'm really hoping to be below two hundred before I phase out but I'm not sure I'll get there.
Yes, I am going to phase out--I was looking at the sheets and it says two weeks phase 2 and two weeks phase 3 so on May 25, I am going to phase 2 and then two weeks later phase 3. I want to be off totally and properly by June 19th for a party I am hosting which includes pizza and some sugar.

I also want to be below 200--hope, hope, hope!!!

Last edited by beyourbestinidaho; 05-14-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #437  

TO HOCKEY MOM: So yeah, at 10 pm last night, the OLD me ate a piece of pizza. Ya know, if ya gotta do it, just pull off the yummy topping and skip the carb-loaded crust! The best part is the cheese and pepperonie.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #438  

oh jealous - I'll just be moving to phase 2 when you're moving on to phase 4 and eating pizza lol
Old 05-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #439  

Just a thought: when I'm eating something like an IP pack or a Walden Farm product that isn't just yummy in the tummy, I tell myself how blessed I am to be able to afford these specialty foods. Thank God I'm not eating from a dump like so many folks in other countries. Okay, okay, so I'm givin' a pep talk but seriously, we've got it made if we can afford any of these wonderful foods that will help us lose fat fast while keeping us health. Mmm, mmmm, mmmmm
Old 05-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Penquin! Great job! Those are awesome results!

Canadianmama...like Bevs said, I think that bringing along those healthy snacks will be great. You will be busy, and your body will appreciate the extra fuel. Try and enjoy the day

ckanble.. DK appears to have a much wiser approach to your problem, haha....I have often tried the liquid Magnesium Citrate and but it does work, haha. Just my 2 cents

Lady5andy.. Salut, Le sel de mer est beaucoup mieux pour vous que le sel de table prévue dans les restaurants. J'espère que je pourrait aider
Old 05-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #441  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
what store did you find the sweet tea?
I found the sweet tea at HEB, it's a Texas only grocer Definitely look around your local stores though, it was a nice treat to have. I only allow myself one or two per week but I have never been able to make proper sweet tea so this is a god-send!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #442  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Jordanna!!! Pure brilliance... I can't wait to find out the "rhubarb crisp" works
Old 05-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Sunny in Seattle after lord knows how long and would have been soooo sweet to have a nice cold one after work while sitting in the yard....but alas, I will be having my pomegranite/berry drink con ice con mayble a dash of vodka goodness just to feel normal.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #444  

We went for a walk to the hardware store this afternoon and we passed the patio we usually have drinks on and it was sure tempting to go sit down and order a cold beer!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #445  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post

Lady5andy.. Salut, Le sel de mer est beaucoup mieux pour vous que le sel de table prévue dans les restaurants. J'espère que je pourrait aider
Woah, Merci !!! You've made my day in writing to me in french ! I'm learning, but ''us'' french people are like a minority everywhere so It's really making my heart melt when people are trying to speak with me in french !!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Day 4 for me and I still have loose bowels. I know some of you wish you had my problem but it's funny in the morning I am fine by afternoon my stomach is loud and making noises and has that funny feeling and I end up in the bathroom a couple times. I still have not gotten on my home scale. I am afraid to because if I haven't lost alot I don't want to be disappointed. I am going to try to wait until the 20th on my first official WI and be surprised, hopefully it will be good. Kind of feel in the dumps today and being hard on myself on how I ever let myself get this way to begin with. Sometimes I just am so disappointed in myself. I am not sure I am in ketosis considering I am still starving most of the time. I did Atkins after I had my first DD and I remember not being hungry at all with that diet. Why did I let myself gain all the weight back and then some after I had my other two DK's? Sorry, to be a downer I guess it's just one of those days.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #447  

....ugh had a bad bad day. I left work at noon (no lunch) to go shopping and a bagel called my name which I had with a bottle of water. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy----because I waited too long. Duh......should have taken a salad to lunch or cut up veggies in a ziploc. So you think a good walk will help?? Maybe an extra protein pack tonight.
Hope it doesn't mess up my WI on Wednesday too much.....
Old 05-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #448  

Quote:
We went for a walk to the hardware store this afternoon and we passed the patio we usually have drinks on and it was sure tempting to go sit down and order a cold beer!
slippery slope, very slippery slope.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #449  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
....ugh had a bad bad day. I left work at noon (no lunch) to go shopping and a bagel called my name which I had with a bottle of water. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy----because I waited too long. Duh......should have taken a salad to lunch or cut up veggies in a ziploc. So you think a good walk will help?? Maybe an extra protein pack tonight.
Hope it doesn't mess up my WI on Wednesday too much.....
don't know if an extra protein pack will help but I know a walk wouldn't hurt specially since I know bagel has too much calories.

I haven't cheated yet but itching to have a drink, have thought about, even planned it out; not sure if I will go through with it.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 179/156/150

Height: 5' 7.5"

I don't post often but look forward to reading these messages everyday. I learn so much from everyone and am so motivated by everyone's accomplishments (not just related to numbers on the scale) Tonight I mixed some of the Walden Farms peanut butter with low sodium soy sauce, chopped garlic and the ginger get in a tube. I put the peanut butter in the microwave so it could melt a little and then mix easily with the other items. Once mixed it thickened up and made a good dipping sauce for my chicken and broccoli. It was pretty salty, but very tasty. I love salt!!!

I've been on IP 4 weeks as of today. Had my weigh in on Wednesday and I was down 14 1/2 pounds. I am not sure how many inches total, but my waist started at 32 and is now 28. I feel better than I have in a long time. I think getting off sugar is the best thing I ever could have done and this will hopefully allow me to keep the good habits of healthy eating once I reach my goal.

For all of you in the first few days, I know it's rough but hang in there and keep you eye on your goals and before you know it, it will be a week and will definitely be easier for you. I actually love the structure of the packets and am a little nervous about phase 4,... but have a ways until I need to worry about that.
Closed Thread