Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
you guys and your rhubarb talk are killin' me

i must see what all this fuss is about!

what are the kale chips like? i have to admit i've never had kale let alone a crispy baked version.

carla
don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing WONDERFULLY!

stacerp
pickled okra IS so yummy, one of my all time favorite foods, can't believe it took me this long to realize, HELLO-you can have that!
Try the kale, I only like kale in soups but this was very good. Only danger is eating too much. Am going to have some with grilled trout tonight.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #257  

Height: 5'10"

Jordanna, I wondered if the kitty incident delayed you -- I thought about it initially, then forgot again until you mentioned it. We live a long ways apart! LOL! It's OK...I'm just too stinkin' impatient for my own good. I waited 10 days for a Lindora order and it drove me nuts. I really need to work on patience, huh?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

I'm soooo wanting rubarb! AUGH! I have looked everywhere and alas, none! So I can only imagine how good it is! Hopefully I will have better luck tomorrow!
So is it true when your weight loss slows down you still lose inches?? I have a lot to lose and I am worried it will take me forever!
I am on week 3, and the last 2 weeks I have lost 5 pounds a week.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #259  

Hey, I just found a really cool way to make "RICE"
Here is the recipe!
1 head cauliflower (or however much you want)
Preparation:
To make this dish the most easily and to have it come out the best, three pieces of equipment are very helpful:

- A food processor
- A microwave
- A covered (or fairly tightly coverable) microwave-safe dish

1) Process fresh cauliflower until it is the size of rice, either using the plain steel blade or the shredder blade. Alternatively, you can shred it with a hand-held grater, or even use a knife, if you have the dexterity to chop it up VERY finely.

2) Microwave it in a covered dish. DO NOT ADD WATER. Cauliflower absorbs water like crazy, and the "granules" will become gummy. To keep it fluffy, just let the moisture in the cauliflower do its work.

Carb Count: Each cup contains 5 grams of carbohydrate, about half of which is fiber, for a ECC of 2.5 grams.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #260  

Height: 5'8"

karleem
i lost 6.5 lbs and 7 inches the first week, 4 lbs and 6 inches the second and 1.5 lbs and 4.5 inches this week.

i also cheated saturday night with a couple of vodka perriers, so i think that made me hold onto the weight but i still lost inches. i know that the closer you get to your goal weight and the smaller you get, the less you will lose. but it will work

and i'm gonna have to try that cauliflower rice, i've heard lots of people on here rave about it!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-12-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #261  

It doesn't say but microwave it for 6 mins for the "rice"
Old 05-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #262  

Quote:
karleem
i lost 6.5 lbs and 7 inches the first week, 4 lbs and 6 inches the second and 1.5 lbs and 4.5 inches this week.
i also cheated saturday night with a couple of vodka perriers, so i think that made me hold onto the weight but i still lost inches. i know that the closer you get to your goal weight and the smaller you get, the less you will lose. but it will work
Thanks so much for your advice! Something to look forward to!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #263  

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleem View Post
Here is the recipe!
Preparation:
To make this dish the most easily and to have it come out the best, three pieces of equipment are very helpful:

- A food processor
- A microwave

1) Process fresh cauliflower until it is the size of rice, either using the plain steel blade or the shredder blade. Alternatively, you can shred it with a hand-held grater, or even use a knife, if you have the dexterity to chop it up VERY finely.

2) Microwave it in a covered dish. DO NOT ADD WATER. Cauliflower absorbs water like crazy, and the "granules" will become gummy. To keep it fluffy, just let the moisture in the cauliflower do its work.

Carb Count: Each cup contains 5 grams of carbohydrate, about half of which is fiber, for a ECC of 2.5 grams.
I can't wait to try it and whats funny is that my friend has invited me over for dinner and is cooking this! can't wait to taste it.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #264  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I can't wait to try it and whats funny is that my friend has invited me over for dinner and is cooking this! can't wait to taste it.
Sweet! I tried it tonight and it was pretty good! I also tried "Mashed" cauliflower and it was good to! You just have to make sure you cook it well. I know it sure helps when ya cravin!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #265  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
I too would like to know what to eat when you are truly starving, I ate a head of lettuce yesterday and it did nothing.

On Phase 1 could you have another bunch of veggies mid morning to tide you over to lunch.

I eat my breakfast around 6:00 a,m, so lunch at 12:00 with nothing in between is a long time.

Can I eat half a bar mid morning and the rest in the evening.
My coach set up a plan for me eating every 3 hours. Basically, I stretch my veggies out through the day. It worked the first week, then it didn't matter as much. I also use more omega oil on the days I am most hungry. If you are allowed bars, yes, you may cut them into as many portions as you like but don't eat more than one in the day.

Quote:
Carla
Thank you for the recipe, I cannot stand that WF garbage anymore
You're welcome. It isn't like commercial and it will take some practice to get it exactly the texture you like. I grew up on homemade mayonnaise. Once you have it down how to make it, there is no comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
As of this morning it looks like I'm finally down 60 lbs...I've never lost close to 60 lbs on a diet ever...I love IP.

Update on my dad (he started IP 5 weeks ago) he's lost 40 lbs!! Isn't that crazy! I'm so proud of him, and he really needs to lose the weight, he couldn't even put his own shoes and socks on before he started and now, 5 weeks later he's able to do it again! He's almost half way to his goal in five weeks!
Congrats to both you and your dad!! You both are showing such great success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosie1 View Post
Question for those of you that have moved to Phase 2.....are you still losing weight? I started phase 2 on Sunday and have watched the scale creap up .2 lbs every morning....what gives? Is this normal? It is not my TOM....so I am confused. I have not been cheating and this is the first time in the 5 weeks I have been on IP that the scale is going the wrong way!!!! HELP!
I have heard of this happening when you switch phases. It should come off again next week. It seems to happen to some people who have a body that is converting the new "food" into new glucagon and water. You will burn it back off if you stay in ketosis.

Quote:
Along the lines of TMI, severe constipation here; as in days. My weigh in is on Friday morning and want to deal with this prior.
I have tried the magnesium citrate liquid. I also tried senna and exlax. DON'T do those, it is awful. I got good success with the liquid magnesium but can't stay on that forever. I have started using a product called Ionic Fizz, a similar product is called CALM, they are a powdered magnesium that you take 2 times a day as a liquid drink. Mine taste like warm raspberry lemonade. It does help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Struggling today.... I am hungry and don't feel like I've lost any weight this week.
Some of my best weeks were weeks I felt like that. In one case, I lost over 8 inches that week. Be strong and get through it. You will see surprising results in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
What amount of exercise, if any, does everyone do? Walking, weights etc.... Does anyone run?
I do basic walking and time with the dog. Unless I have to do something more related to yard or house, I don't exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Carla, I don't know the solution to this, but I would think that a solution would exist. Did your doctor offer any suggestions of what you could do while staying on IP? Could you up your level of fat intake just a bit?
Welcome back Birman. Regarding my Dr., she suggested more oil in the diet. More Omegas, sardines, and salmon. She would like to see grains and nuts added back along with dairy. She says unless you are an athlete or marathon runner my levels are uncommon. Also, she asked about my genetics/family history. I do have a family history of low cholesterol but, mine is the lowest of everyone by more that 30 points. There really wasn't much more she could say. If it is fully genetic it may not be correctable. And, in some cases it can take 2 years to get a low cholesterol brought on by nutritional issues back into a normal range. I did some thinking and took some action yesterday. I will be staying on the diet awhile longer.

Quote:
unfortunatley I can't figure out how to multiquote my replies...alas
when you read this post or any other look to the lower right corner at the end of the post. you will see there a small box with the word quote. immediately next to that is a small image, click that once and it should go red-pink in color, that is telling you it has been selected for a multi quote. Continue doing this til you reach the last thing you want to include. For that last thing hit the QUOTE button. It will then incorporate all of the multi quotes in. If you do as I sometimes do and reach the end without another quote, go back to you last, click on the red-pink multiquote, it will go back to white, then click on the QUOTE button in the post.

Quote:
i am expecting most to gag at the thought of the pickled okra, but REALLY! try it, it's yummy
I love Okra!! I grew up on it being that my family is from the South and mostly from Texas. I have also had pickled asparagus and green beans. YUM.

I have had the green beans seasoned and baked, just a couple, from a friend. They were good too.

Be careful to watch the prepared drink labels for citric acid and maltitol as well as the sweeteners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
Day two and I am STARVING! I want to eat everything in sight. Not sure if it has something to do with my workout this morning or not? Yesterday and today I have had really loose bowels which I thought most got constipated!
Welcome! Sorry today is so rough. Yes, it is normal to be starving a bit in the first 3 days. It will pass. Eat more of the IP packets if you need it. You very likely did create more hunger with the workout. Workouts are generally not recommended the first few weeks. Loose bowels do happen for some in the beginning. They should correct soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Hey everyone !

It's been a while that I'm reading you all, but I've finally choose to register..

I've been on IP for about 1 month now, -18 pounds. I'm not starving and everything seems to be fine. I'm kinda sad because it's summer and I want like a cosmopolitan or an Ice cream, but I'm holding on. I've never cheated on it before last sunday, and my weight-in is tomorow so I hope everything will be allright, even if i've cheated..

I'm from quebec city, canada, so my real langage is french and I hope that everyone understant what I say, even if my english is not perfect
WELCOME! You are doing so well for your first month. I know what you mean about wishing for ice cream! I have been wanting it for several days!

Quote:
all this talk about sizes - I can't wait to walk in to a normal store and buy clothes. I think I'm getting close. All of my size 18 pants are too big, and my 1X shirts are baggy but I'm nervous to take the plunge and walk in to a normal store. I'm scared that the clothes won't fit and I'll be sad.

Not to mention, when you've only had 1 or 2 stores to choose your clothes from for 15 years it's hard to really know what your style is and what stores to shop in!
WOW! I read that and I remembered a day about 15 years ago when I was trying on clothes. Nothing fit. I had been to several stores and NOT ONE had things in my size any more. I remember sobbing in the dressing room. It got to the point I really only shopped in 2 or 3 places. Now, losing the weight it is so strange, I find my body shape is different and my old standby shapes don't work anymore. It is like starting over in some cases.

Quote:
oh my goodness - I MUST TRY THIS RHUBARB!

I'm going to try it with the divinci french vanilla syrup and some Chinese five spice i think
I made it up and topped it with some really thick whipped vanilla pudding which had some cinnamon in it YUM! I also made some of the rhubarb mixed with the raspberry jello. That too was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I had a SUCKY weigh in I gained .2lbs. I am trying to say it is bound to happen after losing 30 lbs in 9 weeks my body probably needs a break, but it is still hard to handle. My coach was shocked because usually when you move to Phase 2 you lose a bunch the next week. It is going to make me tighten up a little. I haven't cheated, but I don't always get my water or veggies in. I guess those things are important.
This does happen rather often as you switch phases. It will be off next week. Something about the body adjusting to the new food.

Quote:
Here is the recipe!
Preparation:

- A food processor
- A microwave

Quote:
It doesn't say but microwave it for 6 mins for the "rice"
Quote:
Sweet! I tried it tonight and it was pretty good! I also tried "Mashed" cauliflower and it was good to! You just have to make sure you cook it well. I know it sure helps when ya cravin!
You can also do this as a COUSCOUS. Simply do the cauliflower with a little olive oil in a saute pan and lightly toss it for a minute til just golden but not browning. You can then top it with meats or veggies.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #266  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

You guys have had a really busy day!! 7 new pages of posts! WOW!!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-14-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #267  

Height: 5'8"

carla
what is wrong with citric acid and maltitol? isn't citric acid like lemon juice(a freebie type food) and don't most of the IP foods include maltitol and citric acid?
thanks for always giving such great input
i will have to try the seasoned baked pickled green beans, sound awesome!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-13-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #268  

watching oprah now. what I find interesting is the causins more than anything else. I have to admit that I haven't told one person in particular in my life that I am doing this because she is very over weight and I know that she will not be supportive and will question it all; it being the diet plan. I noticed she was eyeing me up and down the other day but didn't say anything about weight loss. She is the one who invited me over for dinner tomorrow and I have a feeling she has heard something and is going to bring this up.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #269  

Quote:
carla
what is wrong with citric acid and maltitol? isn't citric acid like lemon juice(a freebie type food) and don't most of the IP foods include maltitol and citric acid?
thanks for always giving such great input
i will have to try the seasoned baked pickled green beans, sound awesome!
I was just going to ask re citric acid. alright, just found this: http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips008.html don't know why but it says it stalls weight loss. I had no clue.

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-13-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:43 AM   #270  

Had my WI today and lost all of the weight I put on while being dragged under the IP train plus an additional .8. I followed the plan exactly all week and it paid off. Here's to another great week.

I enjoy reading everyone's suggestions and successes, they are motivating.
Closed Thread