Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
Hello ALL,

I'm new to this support group and i'm so happy i found it. I'll be stating Ideal Protein Monday, May 17th, 2010 and i'm a buit nervous. I've read some incrediable testimonies but my downside is hunger. Will i still be hungry? How long will I have to be on the program before i begin to see results. I'm 22yrs old and i weigh 270 i want to lose 80 pounds. I recently just had a baby boy in Jan. i have soft flappy fat. when i lose weight will my fat sag or will it all tighten up? my counselor told me not to exercise with the program.... im confuse! please help, thanx!
Welcome! I was a bit worried when I started also. I was told you can have up to 5 packs per day to help but try not to unless you cannot stand it. Don't overload on carbs before the diet, as you will go thru withdrawls! I found drinking lots of water helped me with the hunger.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #227  

Hey everyone !

It's been a while that I'm reading you all, but I've finally choose to register..

I've been on IP for about 1 month now, -18 pounds. I'm not starving and everything seems to be fine. I'm kinda sad because it's summer and I want like a cosmopolitan or an Ice cream, but I'm holding on. I've never cheated on it before last sunday, and my weight-in is tomorow so I hope everything will be allright, even if i've cheated..

I'm from quebec city, canada, so my real langage is french and I hope that everyone understant what I say, even if my english is not perfect
Old 05-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Couldn't find fresh rhubarb at whole foods, but already chopped frozen ones! Can't wait to make them. Also got kale so making kale chips too. Going to a friend's for dinner tomorrow so will take them as apps and dessert for myself IF they turn out good. On tummy subject: came home early and just had a shot of espresso which gave me a severe head rush and actually found magnesium citrate in the medicine cabbinet so we"ll see
Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #229  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Oprah show a bit disappointing. The Women Food and God author Janeen Roth was on the show but Oprah talked more than Janeen did. a lot more. I have seen her do this with other authors. Not sure why... she must know if she's advertised an author, that we'd like to hear from them. Otherwise Oprah could have just talked about the book without Janeen being there! Fascinating concepts in this book. Fascinating. We are all enough right this very minute. We don't need one more thing to be perfect. It's our own thinking that has us all believe we are "less than".
Carlasherea-We ate rhubarb stalks growing up dipping it in sugar! A few weeks ago BevS told me that it was allowed on Phase 1. I was flabbergasted because I always thought it was a fruit. So, I've been enjoying it cooked in the microwave with splenda. As the summer progresses, it will be hard to avoid all those delicious fruits so rhubarb is a great choice when we can't have watermelon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Couldn't find fresh rhubarb at whole foods, but already chopped frozen ones! Can't wait to make them. Also got kale so making kale chips too. Going to a friend's for dinner tomorrow so will take them as apps and dessert for myself IF they turn out good. On tummy subject: came home early and just had a shot of espresso which gave me a severe head rush and actually found magnesium citrate in the medicine cabbinet so we"ll see
I made the rhubarb in the microwave with cinnamon, splenda and a splash of Vanilla extract. The Vanilla gave me the "cake" flavor and I used to have strawberry rhubarb cake that was delicious. I love the rhubarb.

The Kale chips were ok to me, better when they were almost burnt...but the zucchini chips were FANTASTIC!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #230  

Jordanna- Good to see you back! Congrats on the 60# loss. That is a major accomplishment! Isn't it funny that you are the inspiration for your Dad. He also has done so well.

I have been thinking of buying a couple things for summer, but wondered too if it would be a waste. I thought I could get some capris that could be altered with little trouble. I can't even imagine getting down to a size 4.

Brocola- You really made me laugh about your being "a wild raccoon in the pantry"!! Boy, have we all been there before. Once that starts I think you need to leave the house or have a big change in scenery to get back to reason. An outside walk might to it. I am planning on using the South Beach Diet recipe books and some Low GI recipe books to provide inspiration for my new way of living.

Novak - Congrats on your shrinking woman syndrome! I should be
so lucky. I agree that it is best to be as vigilent as you can for as long as you can. I am not a little bit of anything kind of person, so that could set me off on a binge.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #231  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
I made the rhubarb in the microwave with cinnamon, splenda and a splash of Vanilla extract. The Vanilla gave me the "cake" flavor and I used to have strawberry rhubarb cake that was delicious. I love the rhubarb.

The Kale chips were ok to me, better when they were almost burnt...but the zucchini chips were FANTASTIC!
OMG...love the rhubarb, might have used too much splenda but what a wonderful vegetable portion. going to add a tinny bit of vanilla to it now. You don't think that is too much sugar?? cinnamon is sweet (I remember in southbeach I wasn't allowed to have it) and so is vanilla???

Kale chips??? I think I am a serious kale fan now. I did almost burn them do you remember in that one episode of cheers where the guy has a drink and goes "hmm you can taste the kale in it" ??? I keep remembering that. can't remember name of the character but it was the young a little bit daft bartender. Oh just remembered, Woody, his name was Woody...I think.

little worried though as I can have too much of this stuff very very easily under the disguise of vegetable goodness. Think I just had my portions of vegetables for the day. There is 7 grams of carbs in one cup of kale

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-12-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #232  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
Any ideas for how to get back in the game? Brain Transplant? Each day I start off OK, then work and kids, i can't take it! I'm like a wild raccoon in the pantry!!

I don't want to gain the weight back, I want to be in control again. It's like I opened the floodgates. It doesn't help that the last few weeks I was doing IP, I wasn't losing, just maintaining. So I did get a bit discouraged.

Hoping that in writing this I will get my head on straight. Eating is not going to make work or kids easier. Feeling fat will make it worse. Maybe I should write that 100 times?
You know I really think you should just walk away. There isn't a magic drug that is going to work here aside from will power. As a side note, you don't seem to need to loose much weight so you can obviously do it. For me, I just can NOT fail. I do NOT want to feel like a looser at all. I regardless of loosing or not loosing this week, must show myself that I can control myself and not let other situations control me.

JUST DO IT!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
Hello ALL,

I'm new to this support group and i'm so happy i found it. I'll be stating Ideal Protein Monday, May 17th, 2010 and i'm a buit nervous. I've read some incrediable testimonies but my downside is hunger. Will i still be hungry? How long will I have to be on the program before i begin to see results. I'm 22yrs old and i weigh 270 i want to lose 80 pounds. I recently just had a baby boy in Jan. i have soft flappy fat. when i lose weight will my fat sag or will it all tighten up? my counselor told me not to exercise with the program.... im confuse! please help, thanx!
Welcome, neeseebaby, You will be hungry for the first few days, at least until your body kicks into ketosis. After that, it's more mental than physical, at least as compared to other diets. The first week is the most spectacular for weight loss. I have seen people on this forum lose up to 12 pounds the first week. It's insane. I only lost 6 1/2 the first week and was ecstatic. The next week I only lost 3 1/2. After that it got less and less. I'm down to losing 1/2 pound per week. However, I have never had a no-loss or gain week. I should knock on wood.

Congrats on the birth of your new little boy! As young as you are, you will probably tighten up right away. I don't look too bad after losing 45 pounds and I'm 52. My neck is a bit loose, but I think it looks worse to me than anyone else. Supposedly, if you use the packets containing collagen (jelly and pomegranate drink), it helps prevent loose skin. I haven't really done much of that myself.

As far as exercise goes, I haven't done much since I started this. I could have done more. But they don't want you to get your heart rate up too high or you could burn your muscle and/or kick yourself out of ketosis and be on a true starvation diet. Just try walking at first. Chaplain's Wifey has done tremendously well using that as her exercise.

Good luck! You can do great!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #234  

just to see if my tracker works.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
for all you southern gals,

today i found red diamond brand sweet tea sweetened with splenda!! and....pickled hot okra-way yummier than a boring old dill pickle.

i am expecting most to gag at the thought of the pickled okra, but REALLY! try it, it's yummy
mmm...I love pickled okra! I never thought about that, thanks! I will try and put the thought of fried okra out of my head... haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I used to go EVERY hour, it was terrible. Now I drink 5 L of water a day and I don't think I go more often than anyone else! Your body gets used to the larger volume of water, AND I think as I have less fat around my organs I have more room for my bladder to exist and don't feel like I have to pee all the time!
I never thought about it like that before... that makes total sense. Just like when I was preggo and the baby was pushing on my bladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
OMG...love the rhubarb, might have used too much splenda but what a wonderful vegetable portion. going to add a tinny bit of vanilla to it now. You don't think that is too much sugar?? cinnamon is sweet (I remember in southbeach I wasn't allowed to have it) and so is vanilla???

Cinnamon wasn't allowed on Southbeach?? I wonder why? It's just a spice. It is allowed with IP

little worried though as I can have too much of this stuff very very easily under the disguise of vegetable goodness. Think I just had my portions of vegetables for the day. There is 7 grams of carbs in one cup of kale
Wow! That is a lot, considering it's so fluffy. Could that possibly be cooked?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post

Wow! That is a lot, considering it's so fluffy. Could that possibly be cooked?
I know eh?? here is the link I used for that information http://www.carbs-information.com/car...bs-in-kale.htm
Old 05-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

OK. Took a deep breath today, staying on track. Keep thinking of some events coming up that I want to look good for (Bon Jovi concert, daughters' bday parties). And my pants felt a bit tight today (gee wonder why ), so that REALLY kept me in check. I just keep telling myself that I am in control of my life and my eating. That little binge voice must be silenced! Seriously going to take it one day at a time!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Careful with that shopping, Bev... seems as I come down the home stretch I'm dropping clothing sizes fast. I bought size 6 slacks, then went back a week later for the same style in another color, and ended up with a size 4. What is that? Size 4? Is that an adult size? My closet has never seen that number without a "1" in front of it.
A size 4?!? That is so awesome!! I can't even imagine being a 4. I was a size 3 when I graduated high school, but that was 24 years ago. When I started IP I thought, "If I can just get to a size 10, I will be happy". Well, yesterday I went to the mall and every pair of size 10 capri's that I tried on...fit! Yes, I was ecstatic. Satisfied? No. I have, roughly, 15 more pounds to reach my original goal (in the beginning I couldn't decide between 135 and 150. I decided on 150 because 135 just seemed to be asking for too much!) Now I'm thinking...135?? maybe... I still don't 'see' myself that much smaller though. It's crazy. I have went from a tight 14, loose 16, down to a 10, people are calling my skinny (very generous & nice people ) and my brain just can't see that I look that different. Crazy, huh? Sorry for the rambling! My point is, congratulations on the size 4! You RAWK!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #239  

all this talk about sizes - I can't wait to walk in to a normal store and buy clothes. I think I'm getting close. All of my size 18 pants are too big, and my 1X shirts are baggy but I'm nervous to take the plunge and walk in to a normal store. I'm scared that the clothes won't fit and I'll be sad.

Not to mention, when you've only had 1 or 2 stores to choose your clothes from for 15 years it's hard to really know what your style is and what stores to shop in!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #240  

don't mean to go on about this but am finishing a bunch of kale chips and lots of rhubarb...I wont have my 3rd protein pack of the day and just count all of the vegetables as a portion...

I think I have the talent to make any positive situation into a negative one...happy that they are yummy, sad to eat too much
Closed Thread