Old 04-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

I got on the scale today at my chiropractor's, even though I have technically "graduated" from IP, as the office manager said. But she let me hop on the scale and...

After my first week of phase 4, I have lost 0.6 pounds! The office girl said, "You're eating carbs?" "Yes." Then she said, "Well, then your pancreas is working properly!" Look everyone, Ideal Protein actually accomplishes what it promises! It heals the pancreas! I don't know why I'm surprised at that, but I am. It just seems too good to be true! I was waiting for the 3 pound gain to show up, as I thought it would definitely rear its ugly head after a week of eating 200 grams of carbs a day. So now I won't worry about it anymore! I have been checking my measurements every few days and they have remained consistent. I forget who posted to those of us on maintenance that we need to be careful and check the measurements as well as the scale, but thank you!

I am so proud of all of you for jumping into the 20 pound challenge! I'm going to follow your other thread too.

As always, Jordanna, you are a blessing. By the way, you look gorgeous in that black dress! You are such a cute person. It's such a noticeable difference from your beginning pictures! Your face has changed dramatically too. Did you notice that your face is now thinner than your Jordanna 2.0 picture (the one that used to be your profile picture that looked like 4 photos next to each other)? I cannot wait to see where your journey takes you, especially since you will be journeying with Rosie and your dog!

And welcome back, Mirazon!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #62  

Awww thanks Cinnamon!! and CONGRATS on being so good on maintenance...it must feel great One day I'll be there too!!
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #63  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

CinnamonSparkles - I'm so encouraged to hear that you're maintaining (and even losing) on phase 4. I'd love to know what a typical day of food consists of for you.

Love the 20 lb challenge - I know there will be many success stories.
Mom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Mom22 - I just made my Fitday public! I hope you can see it, it should show up in my member info on the side of this post as a link. I track what I eat on a daily basis, and I think you can go back and look at any day. There were only a few days when I didn't fill it out fully. I'll try to go back and fill in the details based on my hand-written food journal.

I am aiming for 224 carbs per day, 42 grams of fat, 85-108 grams of protein, and 35 grams of fiber, with total calories of 1767. Also, I separate the fat and the carbs like bad school children! That's what the phase 4 sheet says to do, so I don't eat any carbs (from grains or fruits) at lunchtime, and I don't eat much fat at dinner. Seems to be working pretty well! Breakfast is my favorite meal. Oh and all my custom foods that start with "TJ's" are Trader Joe's brand. Trader Joe's is my favorite place to grocery shop.
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Jordana...I love your blogs, all of them. Your photography is amazing! I saw your recipe for the pita chip things and was wondering if you had any ideas for making this with common ingredients rather than an IP packet. Thanks for any ideas you may have!
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #66  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Default weekly wgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
no prob Lilita, I don't mind doing it & it makes it much easier for me to have a separate thread, especially with all the people participating
Hi Jordanna,
as of this am I am 174 for the challenge!
YeeHaww!!!
I am at lunch and have to go back to work, but I will have to catch up on posts later tonight. I haven't been on in 3 days and tonite is an awards banquet so I will get on soon since I saw something about a new thread for the challenge?
thanks,
Lisa
toomanycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
Hi Jordanna,
as of this am I am 174 for the challenge!
YeeHaww!!!
I am at lunch and have to go back to work, but I will have to catch up on posts later tonight. I haven't been on in 3 days and tonite is an awards banquet so I will get on soon since I saw something about a new thread for the challenge?
thanks,
Lisa
Wow congrats Lisa - that's a 6 lb loss from the start of last week, fantastic!!
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 177/174.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Happy Sunday! Boy did I fall off the wagon this weekend... I didn't just fall off, I fell off and then got run over by the wagon. Zoo food, Ruby Tuesdays, Mexican and Coldstone. The 20 pound challenge has renewed my motivation so I'm a little upset with myself for giving in for the last 24 hours (yes, that was all in 24 hours!). At least I know now why I gained the weight in the first place. I actually love the work week because it's so easy to stick to the plan. Back on that wagon for me... heading towards another 20 pound challenge weigh in on Friday!
EmmasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 177/174.4/145

"Anyway, it made me realize how we can be on this diet for a few months and change our outsides drastically but that our insides, our reasons we got this way, don't change that quickly."

Jordanna - I saw that you had written this after I posted my previous one. You are TOTALLY correct! It's easy to have the motivation, but even easier to forget about it when tempted or put in a situation where you have to choose between a salad and a cheeseburger!
EmmasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmasMommy View Post
Happy Sunday! Boy did I fall off the wagon this weekend... I didn't just fall off, I fell off and then got run over by the wagon. Zoo food, Ruby Tuesdays, Mexican and Coldstone. The 20 pound challenge has renewed my motivation so I'm a little upset with myself for giving in for the last 24 hours (yes, that was all in 24 hours!). At least I know now why I gained the weight in the first place. I actually love the work week because it's so easy to stick to the plan. Back on that wagon for me... heading towards another 20 pound challenge weigh in on Friday!
I totally agree with you on that one! It is so much easier to stay on plan when I am in my routine at work (even though, at the cafe at work, we have pizza hut, popcorn, pretzels w/ cheese, starbucks, etc. )
stacerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #71  

Height: 5'10"

Default IsoPure Anyone?

Hello, All! I have been following a strict IP diet for 5 weeks now, and it is thoroughly draining my bank account. I have heard that the zero carb IsoPure products are a similar product to the IP packets. Is anyone out there following the IP protocol but with the IsoPure products? If so, I'd love to hear how your experience with this has been.
SoccerMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

SoccerMom, I do the program without any of the IP products and it works just fine. There is nothing magical about IsoPure, just like there is nothing magical about the IP products. Get a good quality whey protein isolate and soy protein isolate, some good supplements (be sure you take enough potassium), watch your carb level, and you can do the program just fine without IP products.

If you go that route, I would highly recommend two things to make sure you get good results:

1. Read Dr. Chanh's book so you understand how the diet works.
2. Track everything you eat for a couple of weeks (in FitDay or something equivalent) so you can get a good feel for exactly what you're eating.

Good luck!
Birman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #73  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
SoccerMom, I do the program without any of the IP products and it works just fine. There is nothing magical about IsoPure, just like there is nothing magical about the IP products. Get a good quality whey protein isolate and soy protein isolate, some good supplements (be sure you take enough potassium), watch your carb level, and you can do the program just fine without IP products.

If you go that route, I would highly recommend two things to make sure you get good results:

1. Read Dr. Chanh's book so you understand how the diet works.
2. Track everything you eat for a couple of weeks (in FitDay or something equivalent) so you can get a good feel for exactly what you're eating.

Good luck!
Curious as to which protein isolate stuff you are using. I'd love to save some bucks too.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #74  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey everyone...
I need weigh in days for SylviaG, SandraB & EmmasMommy!! I've got a sticky note on my laptop to remind me to check for weigh ins on certain days

Good luck everyone, I know we can kick butt in this challenge!
Jordanna,

Sorry to answer back sooo late! Fell off the wagon for the past week and a half, letting myself go to Easter eggs, cheese, beer... and a pneumonia! (Don't know which is worst!!)

My weight in days will be on Friday as I reached 150 on Friday April 2nd... It adds pressure ton the goal, as I was up to 157# this morning (home scale!). As expected, I am back in phase I with no intent of leaving IP until I am done!! (Final goal being 130#!)

I am sorry to say that I might not catch up on all the posts but will try reading a few threads! (As I did for this one!)

Keep on the good work everyone and thank you Jordanna for your help on the 20 by June 1st challenge!
SylvieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #75  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerMomof3 View Post
IP protocol but with the IsoPure products?

Congrats to everyone on the challenge. You're very inspirational!!!

I've not heard of IsoPure where do you buy it. I would like to compare ingredients.
Mirazon is offline   Reply With Quote