3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
jordanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,309

Smile IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th

Here is the link to last weeks chat

Ideal Protein Weekly Chat March 1 - 7th
__________________
Don't forget to visit my blog Memoirs of a Fat Kid for more riveting fat kid details!

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid

20 lbs to Christmas Challenge!

jordanna is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
jordanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,309

Default

I'm trying out the cauliflower crusted pizza tonight - very excited!!

NSV's - today I felt my collarbone and I can't wear my wedding bands because they won't stay on my finger
__________________
Don't forget to visit my blog Memoirs of a Fat Kid for more riveting fat kid details!

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid

20 lbs to Christmas Challenge!

jordanna is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Hockey Mom23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 123

Height: 5'10"

Default

So...I was having a few "issues" shall we say and used a dose of Citrate of Magnesium or whatever that stuff is called. Whooooo Boy, won't be doing that again. Wowzers. I think I'm going to explore taking a daily fiber pill to try to ward off any "issues" again. It's been a rough 24 hours!
Hockey Mom23 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
RJC
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 49

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
NSV's - today I felt my collarbone and I can't wear my wedding bands because they won't stay on my finger
VERY NICE!



Week 6 for me.....time flies. Every time I hit the scale and its down, I'm surprised. Not sure what to expect for the next 5 weeks but anything around the 12 I've lost in the first 5 would be amazing. I'm expecting less.
RJC is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
jordanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,309

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
VERY NICE!



Week 6 for me.....time flies. Every time I hit the scale and its down, I'm surprised. Not sure what to expect for the next 5 weeks but anything around the 12 I've lost in the first 5 would be amazing. I'm expecting less.
I remember my first week feeling like it was a month long and now here I am two months into the program and the weeks are just flying by!!

Keep up with the positive outlook, 12 lbs is 12 lbs!!
__________________
Don't forget to visit my blog Memoirs of a Fat Kid for more riveting fat kid details!

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid

20 lbs to Christmas Challenge!

jordanna is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
Member
 
babs181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 95

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Red face

So today will be the first real test to avoid cheating, our boss's daughter comes to the office after work, cute little 8-year-old on a regular basis, actually helps around the office a lot. Yesterday was her birthday, so we are celebrating with a cake for her. I don't eat many sweets, but can never resist birthday cake when it is for an actual birthday, not just cause. I resisted pizza the other night because my boyfriend got olives and pepperoni, neither of which I like. Cake I like so this will be tough. Just need to tell myself that it is not my dad's homemade icing, it is store bought, and nowhere near as good. Will keep everyone posted!!!
babs181 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
Senior Member 2/12/2010
 
HopefulTricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 420

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I'm trying out the cauliflower crusted pizza tonight - very excited!!

NSV's - today I felt my collarbone and I can't wear my wedding bands because they won't stay on my finger
I will want the details please on how that pizza tastes!!

Congratulations on your success.... can't wait to be there.
__________________
[Week 1/10 lbs-2/4-3/3-4/3-5/3-6/3=26 lbs;7-12=7 lbs;13-18=13 lbs;19-24=12 lbs; 25-32=10 lbs Total = 68 lbs
55
lbs of fat. I lose a lot of weight on this diet, feel great doing it & keep it LOST. And so it is! Phase 2-8/26/2010 (then gained 34 lbs) Phase 1 AGAIN 7/15/2011
HopefulTricia is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
yinyang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Midwest
Posts: 142

Default

Jordanna - Congrats on your NSV and continued losses.

My weekend went better and now I am not as hungry as I was last week. I think I am in ketosis, as I do have a somewhat different taste and the reduced hunger. Yeah! I have been using BreathRx mouthwash and it seems to really help. My hubby can't stand that ketosis breath.

I have been having a few sugar free pickles in my salad and it is so good. I always have put these in my salad and am glad I can continue. They have
1g carb which so far hasn't hurt me.

Tomorrow is my first weighin. I am anxious to go as I feel "lighter". We email our food list to our coach and she has everything ready for us. So far I find I like all the food. I do like to make the puddings into a smoothie though with lots of ice.
__________________
Starting over and feeling excited!
yinyang is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #9
Start Date Oct 26/09
 
Mom22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 203

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I'm trying out the cauliflower crusted pizza tonight - very excited!!

NSV's - today I felt my collarbone and I can't wear my wedding bands because they won't stay on my finger
Thanks for starting our new thread. I also, can't wear my rings - i did find my pinkie ring from when i graduated from university (25 years ago) and it fits. i told my husband that i'm going to need some new rings - he got this confused look on his face - so funny - poor guy!
__________________


Mom22 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #10
before picture in profile
 
Lilita175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 301

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
So today will be the first real test to avoid cheating, our boss's daughter comes to the office after work, cute little 8-year-old on a regular basis, actually helps around the office a lot. Yesterday was her birthday, so we are celebrating with a cake for her. I don't eat many sweets, but can never resist birthday cake when it is for an actual birthday, not just cause. I resisted pizza the other night because my boyfriend got olives and pepperoni, neither of which I like. Cake I like so this will be tough. Just need to tell myself that it is not my dad's homemade icing, it is store bought, and nowhere near as good. Will keep everyone posted!!!
Store bought cake and icing are full of chemicals and they taste awful. Save your "slip" for something more worthwhile.

Eat one of your IP snacks or some protein (cheese, nuts) before the cake event.

Another tip is not to look directly at the cake and don't spend any time near it or talking about it. Ignore it like you would an enemy (which it is.)

Also, drink some extra water.

Come back and report your NSV (non-scale victory.)
__________________
Lilita
Northern California
5ft7
started IP 10/14/09
maintained 1/1/10 to 3/29/10
back on IP Phase I on 3/29/10
started 20 pounds by June 1st challenge on 4/1/10




Success is falling down 9 times and getting up 10.
Lilita175 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
jordanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,309

Default

My favorite thing to have on IP (I have it twice a day) is the vanilla pudding made into a shake with a couple tsp of instant decaf coffee in it and 2 ice cubes...mmmmmmmm, some days I have to convince myself not to have all three of my IP meals as this!
__________________
Don't forget to visit my blog Memoirs of a Fat Kid for more riveting fat kid details!

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid

20 lbs to Christmas Challenge!

jordanna is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #12
1/5/11
 
rachel13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburg, KS
Posts: 149

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Default

thank you Jordanna... I was down 1.5 on the scale but 4 lbs. fat which is great! I knew that I slacked off this week on getting all my water in and my coach said that my retention was up so I am going to be chugging the water the next few days to see if I can have a few more lbs. come off like Libby* did a few weeks ago. I am officially at 145.2 and so today I went home and tried on all my old jeans and shirts that either haven't fit in a year or 2 or didn't "look right" on me. I feel like I went shopping! I like how all my old shirts look and I have finally managed to fit into my favorite pair of jeans (they are a little snug but 5 more lbs or so should do the trick) Needless to say I am in a great mood today. Congrats to everyone who is losing this week!

I am going to Texas on my spring break next week for a wedding. I plan to have 2 meals at a place called Cheddars.. by this time I will have been solid on IP for 5 weeks so I am going to have a few small portions of pasta on those to occasions and some wedding cake. I am going to enjoy the heck out of it too Have a nice Monday!!
__________________


MINI GOAL: SOUTH PADRE TEXAS 3/20/2011


rachel13 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
1/5/11
 
rachel13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburg, KS
Posts: 149

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Default

Also, do any of you think that doing some intense leg workouts over the next few weeks will help with some of the loss in my legs? I have lost a few inches but the loss in my upper body is much more significant than the loss in my lower body. I also have cellulite on the insides of my thighs (my biggest insecurity). My beautiful, lovely, wonderful thighs (i'm trying to sweet talk them into going away this week) are my final stumbling block on this diet. Hopefully my last 26 lbs. come off of my thighs..HA!

I think we should all post our least favorite part of our body and say audios to it!
__________________


MINI GOAL: SOUTH PADRE TEXAS 3/20/2011


rachel13 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #14
before picture in profile
 
Lilita175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 301

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
thank you Jordanna... I was down 1.5 on the scale but 4 lbs. fat which is great! I knew that I slacked off this week on getting all my water in and my coach said that my retention was up so I am going to be chugging the water the next few days to see if I can have a few more lbs. come off like Libby* did a few weeks ago. I am officially at 145.2 and so today I went home and tried on all my old jeans and shirts that either haven't fit in a year or 2 or didn't "look right" on me. I feel like I went shopping! I like how all my old shirts look and I have finally managed to fit into my favorite pair of jeans (they are a little snug but 5 more lbs or so should do the trick) Needless to say I am in a great mood today. Congrats to everyone who is losing this week!

I am going to Texas on my spring break next week for a wedding. I plan to have 2 meals at a place called Cheddars.. by this time I will have been solid on IP for 5 weeks so I am going to have a few small portions of pasta on those to occasions and some wedding cake. I am going to enjoy the heck out of it too Have a nice Monday!!
Those are called "planned slips" and IP will be there for you when you get back. Eat a few bites of protein before the pasta so you don't get an "insulin surge" from the carb intake.

But most of all: Have fun and let us know how it went when you come back.

Oh, and what are you wearing to the wedding? I love fashion reports.
__________________
Lilita
Northern California
5ft7
started IP 10/14/09
maintained 1/1/10 to 3/29/10
back on IP Phase I on 3/29/10
started 20 pounds by June 1st challenge on 4/1/10




Success is falling down 9 times and getting up 10.
Lilita175 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
ckanable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 104

S/C/G: 185/134/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Default

Jordanna,

I am eating the fritatta that you posted on the recipe page for lunch right now and it is wonderful!! I'm not a huge fan of the IP Omelet and this is actually really good. I did cheat with 1 tsp parm cheese though
ckanable is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2