Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #1  

Default Ideal Protein WEEKLY Chat, Feb 29- March 7, 2010

Just starting a new WEEKLY thread as suggested by Ruth.

We were over the limit on the other one.

(Hopefully I did this correct)
Old 02-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's the link to the old thread.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi, if people reply to a post on the old thread will it automatically show on the new thread??

I'm thinking tomorrow at my weigh in I'm going to write down all my starting measurements and my current measurements and I'm not going to go into the clinic again as it's out of my way and I don't have a coach per say just a women who weighs me, measures me and tries to sell me cleanses and vitamins....not alot of support. I will weigh myself every Monday morning on my Wii which so far as been 100% accurate with my clinic weigh ins.

I'm finding I'm getting all the support I need here from you wonderful people (thanks for sharing) and I printed off everything from Dr. Trans website and that was very useful information not only about the diet but learning about how my body reacts to what I'm putting into it.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208.4/195.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Hi, if people reply to a post on the old thread will it automatically show on the new thread??

I'm thinking tomorrow at my weigh in I'm going to write down all my starting measurements and my current measurements and I'm not going to go into the clinic again as it's out of my way and I don't have a coach per say just a women who weighs me, measures me and tries to sell me cleanses and vitamins....not alot of support.
I am considering the same thing....either that or just weighing in once a month? I am not getting any real coaching either.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #5  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post

I'm thinking tomorrow at my weigh in I'm going to write down all my starting measurements and my current measurements and I'm not going to go into the clinic again as it's out of my way and I don't have a coach per say just a women who weighs me, measures me and tries to sell me cleanses and vitamins....not alot of support. I will weigh myself every Monday morning on my Wii which so far as been 100% accurate with my clinic weigh ins.

I'm finding I'm getting all the support I need here from you wonderful people (thanks for sharing) and I printed off everything from Dr. Trans website and that was very useful information not only about the diet but learning about how my body reacts to what I'm putting into it.
I do my own weighing and measurements also... that way the data is consistent, and I can do it first thing in the morning. Nobody tries to sell me anything, but I do put in orders and chat with my chiropractor (who is almost ready for phase 2 on his way to 50 pounds.) I can get questions answered by a nutritionist/coach who works in another location, but I agree that the information and motivation I get here is probably more valuable and certainly easier to access.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234.5/201/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Ready to start on 3/5/10

Bev S. thank you so much for all the info on the supplements. The coach I signed up with said I had to order them. But, my partner is doing this with me, so I only signed up for myself. I did end up ordering comparable supplements of the cal/mag liquid and vitamins through Vitacost.com. I am also going to use some of the EAS Advantedge Carb Control shakes as some of our meals. So, should be able to save some for both of us. So, you are in Ohio..that is wonderful. Are you enjoying all of this snow as much as I am???

My food supply, etc. will be here Thursday, so I am starting the program on Friday the 5th through Right4Life out of California. I am very excited and expect to see some the amazing results that the rest of you have been posting. So, now, instead of just lurking about, I can join in on some of the discussions.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 159/131.5/115

Height: 5'2"

I am getting sooo bored with my lunch meals. What are you guys eating for your veggie serving for lunch? 90% of the recipes in the recipe section has a protein in it, and I am soooo tired of broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, cucumber, radishes and mushrooms. so tired...
Old 02-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #8  

Default Tom

Hey, for all the ladies with questions about their cycles and TOM, I hope that everyone got the message from their clinic that they should be extra careful with birth control on IP since everything is so different. My counselor had one client that learned that one the hard way! Just throwing that out there.....

Thanks for all the input on Wii Fitness. Maybe I'll wait a little longer. Yes, I KNOW the reality of my weight but I just don't need to hear it from some machine! LOL
Old 02-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Ladies, please go back through older posts. You'll find everything you want to know about this diet and your menstrual cycle. You'll find out a lot of answers to all the questions you have. My period is heavier and comes early on this diet. Normal since like Eastcoastmama said your body stores estrogen in fat, so you are releasing it while using the fat during ketosis.
I read most of the old IP threads / posts before originally posting here. My frustration, however, is that having multiple threads in the midst of a big section makes it hard to find things with a search. If we know exactly which thread it's in, we can search through that specific thread. But if we don't, we have to search through the entire Other Reduced Carb Diets forum -- and that brings up lots of extraneous posts, making what we are searching for hard to find.

Does anyone know what it would take to get an IP subforum on the 3FC messageboard?
Old 02-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
I am struggling! I want to eat real food, especially sugar so badly! I am in my third week and was highly disappointed after losing only 1/2 lb my second weel and maybe 2-3 lbs at next weigh in if I'm lucky. I have not cheated AT ALL so far. My first week I lost 8 lbs so that was motivating. I am just dying to be done with the phases and be on maintenance so I can be somewhat normal. has anyone experienced such low weight loss? I don't want to use it as an excuse to cheat but it's creeping into my mind! How do you all stay strong?? It's also my "time" which makes cravings unreal. I also suffer from PMDD which is a reallt bad disorder associated with my menstual cycle and when It's bad I use food for comfort, which I can't do now...............UGh! Help.
Justice, if you are at the point where it is either eat normal or cheat -- both of which would be bad for your weight loss, perhaps you might consider something between. Have two dinner type meals per day instead of just one. Watch your amount of carbs, calories, and fat, and I think it could work quite well. Then, satisfy your sweet tooth with protein shakes or IP puddings. An extra protein per day isn't going to wreck your diet. I, for one, hate the idea of living on soups and drinks, so I don't. I have two meals per day, I enjoy them both, I am sticking to the diet principles, and I am losing weight. (15 lbs in 18 days.)
Old 02-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Hey, Birman - I'm glad you showed up. I'm sitting here with a can of Worthington burger, which I can't wait to try once I figure out what to do with it. ...

... Any help from you (or other veggie types) would be appreciated!
Novak, how about come join me in the IP Alternate Phase I thread. There we can feel freer to discuss vegetarian alternatives without bothering people here. Will respond over there, okay?
Old 02-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #12  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Novak, how about come join me in the IP Alternate Phase I thread. There we can feel freer to discuss vegetarian alternatives without bothering people here. Will respond over there, okay?
Okay. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post

Justice, if you are at the point where it is either eat normal or cheat -- both of which would be bad for your weight loss, perhaps you might consider something between. Have two dinner type meals per day instead of just one. Watch your amount of carbs, calories, and fat, and I think it could work quite well. Then, satisfy your sweet tooth with protein shakes or IP puddings. An extra protein per day isn't going to wreck your diet. I, for one, hate the idea of living on soups and drinks, so I don't. I have two meals per day, I enjoy them both, I am sticking to the diet principles, and I am losing weight. (15 lbs in 18 days.)
Hang in there, Justice- I too have been a 'slow' loser. I am on day one of week 4, and know how you feel. It can be very frustrating. What I do to stay on track is I remind myself that one 'high carb/sugar' snack/meal may put me behing 4 days. I also have set up mini-goals for myself...ie. when the first 10 pounds is gone-I buy myself a little something special.

To satisfy my sweet cravings, I lean on the vanilla pudding sprinkled with ground cinnemon (sp). I also keep my waters close by, as I have found that most times I am just thirsty, not hungry. A cucumber sprinkled with the sea salt is a great snack too. Another thing I do, is a bit of a mental game with myself: I tell myself that I will drink a 16 oz. glass of water and wait 15 minutes. If I am still hungry, I will reach for something crunchy like my cucumber. If I am still hungry, then I fix myself a protein.

Here is the bottom line: if you do slip, don't beat yourself up for it. Look how far you have come, and just put the slip behind you and focus on the goal. YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 02-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #14  

Quote:
Hey gang, looking for a quick answer here. I hate the way my mouth feels (and I'm sure my breath smells the same way, bad). I know I can use Bianca breath spray, but can I also use Listerine breath strips? No calories, no sugar...the ingredients list sucralose and a bunch of other things I can't pronounce or spell.
While we can use Binaca breath spray and Listerine breath strips, they may have limited effect on bad breath. Bad breath tends to come from anaerobic bacteria which produces volatile sulphur compounds. Onions, garlic (which contain mercaptans), and protein will especially contribute to this. To deal with it one need to scrape the papilla of the tongue to clean out the anaerobic bacteria, and use an oxygenating or zinc product to neutralize the VSCs.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 226.4/166.5/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Just starting a new WEEKLY thread as suggested by Ruth.

We were over the limit on the other one.

(Hopefully I did this correct)

commited1- Thanks for starting the new Weekly thread for us.
Closed Thread