Old 03-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #31  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijou5 View Post
Hello everyone, I haven't been posting much but reading as much as I could. Everytime i feel alone or have a difficult time following the diet I always find comfort coming here. After putting on 3 pds on Valentine's week, I was down 6 the week after. Not a good experience to gain, I hope it won't happen to me again and I surely know what to do to keep loosing.

Be strong, we can do it!
Another Canadian! Congratulations on hosting and winning the Olympic games.

I used to mostly "read" the posts also (it's called "lurking" ha-ha) but when I started posting I started having more success with the program. Somehow makes you more accountable.

Last edited by Lilita175; 03-02-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Lilita175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
I have always looked "young" for my age. I used to get "carded" in my 30's.

My "beauty secret" is that I have been using daily sunscreen on my face since age 18 (1971) ...
What? You're 57? You look FANTABULOUS!
Birman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #33  

SandraB, elsewhere I have posted that I lost some weight last year, then "was an idiot" and gained 17 lbs back. That all started when my husband was injured, then had complications which required 6 surgeries, 6 weeks in the hospital, lots of home care and medical appointments when he was out, etc. I live in the US, he lives in Vancouver (we commute on weekends) so in addition to everything else it was a lot of driving up there -- like getting up at 5:00 am so I could be at his hospital by 7:00 am when his surgeon would come check on him. Also, during one of his worse surgeries, I stayed in the hospital room with him for several days, sleeping in a gown and gloves in a 90 degree room. During all this time, I put most things in my life on hold. Needed to prioritize.

The reason I mention this is because when I stopped dieting during that time, I only gained a small bit back, and it stabilized. That was all fine. Problem is that later on I started doing stupider and stupider things. That's when the weight piled on. If I hadn't been an idiot, I would have been fine.

So just sayin' do what you need to do, don't be an idiot like I was, and you'll be fine.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #34  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Mom22 I am hypnotised by your signature. Only 4 pounds to go to reach your goal, wow! Congratulations!
Thanks so much - it's so interesting that when i started, four months ago at almost 200 lbs, i couldn't visualize what would be my ideal weight. I orignally picked 160 as a goal weight then revised it. one meal at a time, one pound at a time...
Mom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #35  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies? Remember me! Realized I need you! I feel off plan in January, stayed off till my after my 30th birthday & now I am struggling to stay on! I have fallen off twice since Feb 15 & not little falls, great big falls. All are Emotional falls & I comfort myself with carbs. I will catch back up on all the past posts but am wondering if someone could share the diet plan for the "alternate" Phase 1. I have searched but seem unable to find it. I would like to have it tucked away in my pocket for those emotional days when a carb might do the trick with out totally derailing the diet!

I have missed you!
Meghan
MeghanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back MeghanO! We've missed you and have been wondering where you have been. Sorry to hear about your emotional eating. Is everything alright?! I broke it recently too with a first date...see earlier posts. Have you gained a lot of weight back???

The alternative phase is posted 3 to last. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...et-phases.html
Ogdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #37  
back at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
For all you dogs lovers out there, this is just too cute and funny.

http://upsidedowndogs.com/
Funny site - One of our labs like to sleep on his back in the recliner. I took a pic one day and didn't realize until printed it that my husband's bottle of beer was also in the pic so the dog looks like he drank too much and passed out. (No we do not give alcohol to our pets!!) I will have to submit it, it's a crack-up.

toomanycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #38  
back at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
SandraB, elsewhere I have posted that I lost some weight last year, then "was an idiot" and gained 17 lbs back. That all started when my husband was injured, then had complications which required 6 surgeries, 6 weeks in the hospital, lots of home care and medical appointments when he was out, etc. I live in the US, he lives in Vancouver (we commute on weekends) so in addition to everything else it was a lot of driving up there -- like getting up at 5:00 am so I could be at his hospital by 7:00 am when his surgeon would come check on him. Also, during one of his worse surgeries, I stayed in the hospital room with him for several days, sleeping in a gown and gloves in a 90 degree room. During all this time, I put most things in my life on hold. Needed to prioritize.

The reason I mention this is because when I stopped dieting during that time, I only gained a small bit back, and it stabilized. That was all fine. Problem is that later on I started doing stupider and stupider things. That's when the weight piled on. If I hadn't been an idiot, I would have been fine.

So just sayin' do what you need to do, don't be an idiot like I was, and you'll be fine.
Birman - Please be nice to yourself!! You were not an idiot and neither was I when I put back on 10lbs over my 2week birthday bash, took it off then put it back on when I went off for December baking (my friends call me Martha Stewart). Life happens. We make choices. Did we make the best ones...no, but given your situation you did what you had to. We get back on the horse.

I am so sorry about your husband. I am a therapist [speech] in a hospital so I understand needing to catch the docs, etc. I can't imagine why they made you stay in the gown and gloves unless he was really susceptable to your germs (Not meaning anything bad, just normal germs). I know how hot those gowns are from going into isolation rooms.

Anyway.....how is he now? I remember reading a post from someone whose husband was gone for rehab....was that you? Hope I'm not being too nosey ...and tell me to MMOB if I am!!
toomanycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #39  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

welcome back MeghanO i was wondering where you went.
Mom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
Birman - Please be nice to yourself!! You were not an idiot and neither was I when I put back on 10lbs over my 2week birthday bash, took it off then put it back on when I went off for December baking (my friends call me Martha Stewart). Life happens. We make choices. Did we make the best ones...no, but given your situation you did what you had to. We get back on the horse.

I am so sorry about your husband. I am a therapist [speech] in a hospital so I understand needing to catch the docs, etc. I can't imagine why they made you stay in the gown and gloves unless he was really susceptable to your germs (Not meaning anything bad, just normal germs). I know how hot those gowns are from going into isolation rooms.

Anyway.....how is he now? I remember reading a post from someone whose husband was gone for rehab....was that you? Hope I'm not being too nosey ...and tell me to MMOB if I am!!

Toomanycats, would love to see that dog pic!

The taking time away from dieting during the 3 months or so when my husband was really sick wasn't the problem. It's that when he was doing better I started into old bad habits. Like, frequent Taco Bell runs and other stupid stuff. It wasn't until then that the weight came back. Totally unnecessary! This time I plan to stick around here and have you guys help keep me accountable. (You will, won't you?)

Regarding my husband, the reason I had to do the gown and glove thing was because for a while he was in the burn/trauma/plastics ward and their policy is that you have to wear them every time you step into a patient room. That together with the 90 degree temperature (to get the blood vessels rapidly growing in his new muscle graft) made it very uncomfortable.

No, he wasn't in rehab. It was a sports injury. Happened the week before his 50th birthday. When people ask what happened I said it was PVWO -- Playing Volley Ball While Old.

He's doing well now though. Injury was last July. Went back to work in January. Got his cast off last week and is in physical therapy now. Time for me to get back to healthy things now too.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #41  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
Hey ladies? Remember me! Realized I need you! I feel off plan in January, stayed off till my after my 30th birthday & now I am struggling to stay on! I have fallen off twice since Feb 15 & not little falls, great big falls. All are Emotional falls & I comfort myself with carbs. I will catch back up on all the past posts but am wondering if someone could share the diet plan for the "alternate" Phase 1. I have searched but seem unable to find it. I would like to have it tucked away in my pocket for those emotional days when a carb might do the trick with out totally derailing the diet!

I have missed you!
Meghan
welcome back Meghan!!
fluffymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #42  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
The one on the left is from August, 2009 wt. 215
The one on the right is from January, 2010 wt. 185

I just found the one from August as I was sorting thru some old pics. Wow, what a difference. Inspires me to keep going!

WOW!!! Big difference. You should be so proud of your accomplishment. Thanks so much for sharing these. What great motivation to stick with this plan!
Mirazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #43  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Hello everyone, I haven't been posting much but reading as much as I could. Everytime i feel alone or have a difficult time following the diet I always find comfort coming here. After putting on 3 pds on Valentine's week, I was down 6 the week after. Not a good experience to gain, I hope it won't happen to me again and I surely know what to do to keep loosing.

Be strong, we can do it!
glad you joined us!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #44  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post

I have missed you!
Meghan

Of course we remember you!! Glad you're back with us. There is an alternate Phase 1 that allows some carbs (1 fruit and 1 dairy serving a day). Was for diabetics if I remember right.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
For all you dogs lovers out there, this is just too cute and funny.

http://upsidedowndogs.com/
This was really cute, I am a HUGE dog lover. My dog is my baby.
alihal is offline   Reply With Quote