Old 03-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #61  

Hey all, popping in to share my 14 weeks stats: 48lbs (3.4average)

Also, Lilita, I thought I recognized the ring, necklace and more. I too am a Silpada rep. LOVE the jewelry!!
want2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
I know that new life style's regular shakes have 7 carbs and corn syrup. I do know to stay far away from corn syrup!! That S**T is in everything!!

I'm talking about the ready made shakes which has the exact ingredients and carbs as the "IP". Or so the box says.
http://www.newlifestylediet.com/deta...pid=138&cid=12
Indeed it does Princass. (And YES, it is in everything). ?? Hitting a plateau stinks. Maybe try doing the alternate diet or phase 2 for a week then going back on Phase 1. Someone did that. Or try MeghanO's bootcamp??
Ogdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Hey, has anyone heard from Torchlaker? I know she was going on a trip but I thought it wasn't until April or something.
I had a private email from Torchlaker a few days ago. She is okay, her son is still having problems. She was trying to get motivated to do all her sewing and some stuff around the house. Maybe she is swearing ofr the internet for a bit so she can get some things done,
Old 03-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #64  

[QUOTE=want2run;3183332]Hey all, popping in to share my 14 weeks stats: 48lbs (3.4average) QUOTE]

YAY Want2run! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogsrock View Post
** where have you decided to order your supplments and what did you order.. I'm thinking new lifestyle but I don't have anything to compare. I know there are several people out there that has done this homework already. I have read back in some post for the last couple days and seem to run into a dead in.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks.
I order from www.Lindora.com; www.aimtobehealthy.com; and www.newlifestylediet.com. I find Lindora to have the closest to IP without being expensive. Look in the FAQ section for the fact sheets on all foods to compare. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...arb-diets-227/
Make sure you do your homework, all foods aren't created equally.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Wow! 48 lbs is incredible!
Birman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #67  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Also, Lilita, I thought I recognized the ring, necklace and more. I too am a Silpada rep. LOVE the jewelry!!
way to go!!!
Mom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #68  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:

Wow, imagine 48 pounds of butter all stacked up on the counter! That is amazing!
Lilita175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #69  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
I had a private email from Torchlaker a few days ago. She is okay, her son is still having problems. She was trying to get motivated to do all her sewing and some stuff around the house. Maybe she is swearing ofr the internet for a bit so she can get some things done,

That's what I figured. Being on the computer does eat up time.......but it's cheaper than therapy and keeps me so motivated.
Lilita175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Being on the computer does eat up time.......but it's cheaper than therapy and keeps me so motivated.

Yes! Me too! I currently spend a lot of time on this messageboard. When someone asks what I'm doing I say "I'm doing my diet". They think it's odd, but for me it's an important part of my weight loss process.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Yes! Me too! I currently spend a lot of time on this messageboard. When someone asks what I'm doing I say "I'm doing my diet". They think it's odd, but for me it's an important part of my weight loss process.

Today I was thinking I have a part time job - my diet. So far the pay is great
stacerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Today I was thinking I have a part time job - my diet. So far the pay is great
LOL! YES!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

stacerp - LOL! This part-time diet job does have great pay!!

My boyfriend is going to start on Ideal Protein next Tuesday. I just had my weigh-in yesterday and I'm within a pound of my goal weight so I'm on phase 2 as of today!

I bought vitamins from iherb.com and he told the clinic that he didn't need to buy the IP vitamins since I already bought something equivalent. One of the coaches was surprised and so I needed to send her an email and convince her that what I bought is EXACTLY what I should be taking. And believe me, I did my research. I am a little angry at them for thinking that no one can think for themselves and that I should buy their vitamins. Well I'm not going to, that's that. It's my health and my decision what I put into my body. I've eaten all those IP packets as I should and paid the money and "drank the Kool-Aid" as I was supposed to. They didn't even ask me or notice that I didn't buy any more vitamins when I ran out! They never would have known. I'm glad I'm almost done - they said I need to be on phase 2 for 2 weeks, then 1 week of phase 3. They definitely aren't paying attention because when I got weighed I had to tell them that I should move to phase 2. I had hoped to be off IP by St Patrick's Day so I could have some alcohol, but oh well. I think we can drink in phase 3? Maybe I can have a glass of wine on March 17 and start phase 3 one night early? I miss my wine so much! But it has been worth it to lose the weight and get healthier.

You all are the best! I hope you are drinking and enjoying your EAS and Lindora products and saving your $$. I am certainly happy about saving money on the vitamins and getting vegan vitamins to boot. Well except the Omega-3.
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #74  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello again everyone... long time no post! My power cord for my computer broke last week, and I haven't been able to get on the computer until today. This is also a busy month for me with stuff at school, so I'll probably not have many opportunities to get on here in the next few weeks either, but I wanted to get on and check in.

This isn't a very positive first message back, so I wanted to post it here, since I know that you all have been where I am and know where I'm coming from (hence the reason for starting this thread). I've been a bit fed up with the diet lately. We went off for a week while we were on vacation, and have been on strict for the past week and a half since returning. I weighed in yesterday, and I had only lost 3 pounds since my last weigh-in three weeks prior (although I gained and lost four pounds over the break and just after). More than that, though, I have been feeling really sick lately. I have had some intestinal issues, to put it mildly, for the past four or five days. I've also been having a lot of pain from my endometriosis, and terrible headaches. I have prescription medication for the pain, but I get sick every time I take it because I never seem to have enough food in my stomach.

To top it all off, my clinic has terrible hours, and is only open late (late being 5 pm) two days a week, which is when I have to go because I work until 4, as many people do. They hired a new person who has taken over on those two days, and she has NO idea what she's doing, and can't answer any of my questions. It took her 15 minutes to weigh me in and measure me yesterday, and I don't even think she got my measurements right. I had a good relationship developed with the consultant that I was seeing, and I feel very dejected that she hasn't made more of an effort to ensure that she can still meet my needs. Maybe I'm being selfish, but I paid a consultation fee so that I could get advice, answers, tips and guidelines. Especially with my health history, I don't like being shifted to someone else, particularly someone who has limited knowledge about the diet and the products.

So, to finish off a very cheery post, my boyfriend and I aren't sure how much longer we're going to stay on the diet. I go to see my gyn and my rheumatologist next week, and I'm going to see what they say about my flare-ups. At this point, if I can feel well and take the medications that I need while following a diet where I only lose 1-2 pounds a week, I would prefer it to the pain, exhaustion and stress that I feel now. I hope that I'll start to feel better so that I can see this through to the end. Sorry again for such a downer post, especially after being away for so long. I would appreciate any perspective anyone can offer, I'm feeling pretty torn this week
swilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:21 PM   #75  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilk View Post
Hello again everyone... long time no post! My power cord for my computer broke last week, and I haven't been able to get on the computer until today. This is also a busy month for me with stuff at school, so I'll probably not have many opportunities to get on here in the next few weeks either, but I wanted to get on and check in.

This isn't a very positive first message back, so I wanted to post it here, since I know that you all have been where I am and know where I'm coming from (hence the reason for starting this thread). I've been a bit fed up with the diet lately. We went off for a week while we were on vacation, and have been on strict for the past week and a half since returning. I weighed in yesterday, and I had only lost 3 pounds since my last weigh-in three weeks prior (although I gained and lost four pounds over the break and just after). More than that, though, I have been feeling really sick lately. I have had some intestinal issues, to put it mildly, for the past four or five days. I've also been having a lot of pain from my endometriosis, and terrible headaches. I have prescription medication for the pain, but I get sick every time I take it because I never seem to have enough food in my stomach.

To top it all off, my clinic has terrible hours, and is only open late (late being 5 pm) two days a week, which is when I have to go because I work until 4, as many people do. They hired a new person who has taken over on those two days, and she has NO idea what she's doing, and can't answer any of my questions. It took her 15 minutes to weigh me in and measure me yesterday, and I don't even think she got my measurements right. I had a good relationship developed with the consultant that I was seeing, and I feel very dejected that she hasn't made more of an effort to ensure that she can still meet my needs. Maybe I'm being selfish, but I paid a consultation fee so that I could get advice, answers, tips and guidelines. Especially with my health history, I don't like being shifted to someone else, particularly someone who has limited knowledge about the diet and the products.

So, to finish off a very cheery post, my boyfriend and I aren't sure how much longer we're going to stay on the diet. I go to see my gyn and my rheumatologist next week, and I'm going to see what they say about my flare-ups. At this point, if I can feel well and take the medications that I need while following a diet where I only lose 1-2 pounds a week, I would prefer it to the pain, exhaustion and stress that I feel now. I hope that I'll start to feel better so that I can see this through to the end. Sorry again for such a downer post, especially after being away for so long. I would appreciate any perspective anyone can offer, I'm feeling pretty torn this week
Swilk, welcome back. Glad you posted here....we are here for you! Sorry to hear about your troubles. I can kind of empathize. (I say kind of because sounds like you have a lot more to deal with than me.) But I do know I am considering mixing things up. Atkins latest book just came out and I should get it delivered tomorrow. Curious to see what the changes are. I would think a slightly more liberal diet such as Atkins could give you the same 1-2 pounds/wk loss. And I agree your coach doesn't sound supportive enough. Truly caring means putting your needs before hers (which is to make $$).

I just went through a bunch of gut tests myself. Bottom line: gastroparesis. Ironically, a liquid diet is probably better for me....so IP may in fact be "ideal" in my case. But I am also going to try some other things. Like Mindbody Medicine. We had a neurologist give a talk and I think it is worth a try. It is all about using the mind to heal our ills. He does say to put other things on hold while doing this. When we heal the core problems, then things like diet can more naturally fall into place.

I just calculated that in the last 26 days I have only had 3 full days off from work. And one of those was driving for 8 hours and one of those was my colonoscopy/egd two days ago. So stress is driving me now and that is not good!!!

So I will shut up now...I don't think I've truly talked about IP in any of my posts for the last 3 weeks - sorry all. But Swilk.....we are here for you!!!

toomanycats is offline   Reply With Quote