Old 03-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
only, be careful with the Atkins bars. The way they come to the front-of-the-package "net carb count" does not compute whatsoever. I love Atkins and everything, but nobody on the Atkins "Dr." board at the website has ever truly answered the question of how they arrive at the "2net carb" logo they use. Countless people have asked the question over and over. Evasive answers.
I agree about being careful with Atkins products. Just like with IP, I consider the Aktins diet plan to be different from the products.
Birman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:37 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnomore View Post
I quizzed my coach and she says look only at the total carbs ... a carb is a carb... she said whether it's fiber or whatever ...
Interesting. Does everyone else's coach say this?
Birman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

MommySarah3 - Good luck with your move! That's a lot to do in 3 weeks! But you can do it! Be merciless with the junk - you don't need it. Can you tell that's what I have to tell myself every time I move? A year later I will unpack something and then say - why the heck did I move this?
I'm sending you some motivation :

Well, it finally happened! I hit my goal weight! Actually I am below it so now maybe for next week my new goal will be 135. I lost .4 pounds more this week on phase 2 than I did last week on phase 1! Hopefully I'll lose the same amount this week - 2.8 pounds! Woohoo! I'll be happy with a 2 pound loss though.

They told me at the clinic that I'm not allowed to take my own vitamins because they haven't been tested and proven with IP. I think they are full of crap and trying to sell me more products. I lied and told them I'd just take my boyfriends vitamins (he just started on IP on Monday!). I think the coach (who isn't on site- there are 3 new "coaches" onsite, 2 office managers and 1 chiropractor, I trust my chriorpactor but the other 2 girls are just like me- they started 2 weeks before I did!) is newish to IP so she doesn't know and her answer for everything is "don't deviate from the protocol". I should have told them to take a flying leap and that I have just proven that my vitamins work with IP since I lost MORE weight this week. Ugh!

But I'm still happy. You all are great and I couldn't have stayed on track with IP without you. Have a good day everyone!

I just enjoyed the best cup of coffee while typing this. Oh how I love my coffee.
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #124  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
They told me at the clinic that I'm not allowed to take my own vitamins because they haven't been tested and proven with IP. I think they are full of crap and trying to sell me more products. I lied and told them I'd just take my boyfriends vitamins (he just started on IP on Monday!). I think the coach (who isn't on site- there are 3 new "coaches" onsite, 2 office managers and 1 chiropractor, I trust my chriorpactor but the other 2 girls are just like me- they started 2 weeks before I did!) is newish to IP so she doesn't know and her answer for everything is "don't deviate from the protocol". I should have told them to take a flying leap and that I have just proven that my vitamins work with IP since I lost MORE weight this week. Ugh!
Congrats on your loss! WOOHOO!! As for the vitamin thing, my coach told me to compare labels on my vitamins versus theirs - if they were comparable, go ahead and take mine. I take Estroven with vitamins added in for severe PMS issues...what I've been doing is taking my Estroven in the morning like usual, and taking one IP vitamin in the evening.

I'm in a similar boat as you, my coach started 4 days before I did on IP. I go to a brand new business and there are 2 people who work there. I love my coach, but the other gal who weighed me in after my first week made me uncomfortable.

Last edited by Hockey Mom23; 03-11-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Hockey Mom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations Cinnamon Sparkles. And UNDER your weight! Whooohooo.

:chee r2:
Ogdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 128.6/119.4/110

Height: 5'3''

Cinnamon Sparkles- Thanks for the advice We are definately getting rid of everything we possibly can, selling a lot of stuff (I want some new stuff and loooove shopping so it's not hard to part with hehe). I have learned however when I'm making a give away pile of the kid's things they can't be anywhere around!
We moved my parents entire house 9 months ago by ourselves and my dad is always saying WHY did we move this?! Then a month later I had to move all of our stuff from storage and my parents house to Colorado Springs to have everythin ready for my husbands return from Iraq This time I'm making him help me move everything!!
MommySarah3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #127  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Quote:
MommySarah3 - Good luck with your move! That's a lot to do in 3 weeks! But you can do it! Be merciless with the junk - you don't need it. Can you tell that's what I have to tell myself every time I move? A year later I will unpack something and then say - why the heck did I move this?
I'm sending you some motivation :

Well, it finally happened! I hit my goal weight! Actually I am below it so now maybe for next week my new goal will be 135. I lost .4 pounds more this week on phase 2 than I did last week on phase 1! Hopefully I'll lose the same amount this week - 2.8 pounds! Woohoo! I'll be happy with a 2 pound loss though.

But I'm still happy. You all are great and I couldn't have stayed on track with IP without you. Have a good day everyone!

I just enjoyed the best cup of coffee while typing this. Oh how I love my coffee.
Congrats Cinnamon!!!!! Way to go!!!: wizard::enc ore:
echobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #128  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Vitamins

My coach said the same - I was taking prior some good all natural - so I have been stockpiling that once I am through the stabilization phase I will go back on my original vitamins...I do know I would be sunk without the potassium - I've had to even double up on that one due to muscle cramps a few times.

CONGRATULATIONS CinnamonSparkles

WOOHOO!

I just moved officially to Phase II - had stalled a bit - I hope I have the same success as you did! You're quite an inspiration! How long are you doing Phase II? 2 weeks or until you lose a certain amount of weight?
wagnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

wagnomore- I'm doing phase 2 for 2 weeks total. That's what they told me anyway. So far I really like it, although I feel a bit lazy sometimes and want to eat a packet instead of cooking something. How odd is that?

Ogdog13 and echobaby- thank you! I love all the happy icons! I didn't even know there was a belly dancer in the mix!

Hockey Mom23 - I compared the vitamins and vigorously did research. I also took my needs into account- need more B vitamins since I'm vegetarian, need more Iodine since I have hypothyroidism. I am still taking the potassium-calcium from IP since there's 100 in that bottle. Also, it's easier than using the powdered form that I bought.
And it's funny to know you are making your dad help move you. That's great!

Birman - I'm with you on the Atkins mysterious calculations - where do they get those? Even when taking the fiber into account it doesn't make sense. I looked at some of their bars and they have lots of carbs! I really enjoy your detailed analysis of things and have used the information your provided more than once. The latest help was that chart on carrots you provided. I still pick them out but at least I know they won't hurt me. Thank you!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #130  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
MommySarah3

Congratulations on surpassing your goal!

I have noted before that you and I obviously go to the same place -- you know, the one that was recently doling out IP packets with one hand and Girl Scout cookies with the other!

Anyway, I have had similar feelings about the lack of "coaching." That's why I took matters into my own hands, and do weigh-ins and measurements at home. I appreciate that they got me started on IP, but I am perfectly capable of managing this diet myself, and I too have now ordered comparable (but cheaper) supplements elsewhere. I doubt anyone will even notice that I should have run out, and if they DO ask whether I need more, I will simply tell them no. My guess is that no one will say another word, since that's what happened when I opted out of the weekly weigh-ins.

I think the gals in the front office find me a little intimidating.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #131  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

hi there,

Just checking in! Well I have no idea what kind of plan i am on anymore, all i know is that i am making good decisions, and feel better all round about what i am eating. I am kind of eating more the phase 2 way, but have yet to bring bread, pasta or rice back in. Have the occasional fruit, and gosh darnit, i had some crystal lite! and it was great. I will eat salmon/tuna at lunch with veggies and still have my meat at supper. I started using a low fat feta cheese and fat free ham to dress up my salads. Any i had the occasion diet pepsi!! my bad. Anyways, staying on top of things and making good decisions, really does help. I am still losing a little, regardless how slow. And i feel better about things too! that may be having my hubby home finally....The surgeon discontinued the physio early, as it was taking too much of a toll...so not the result he wanted, but maybe later on.....either way he is home, i am happy, and all things seem so much better than they did a few weeks ago. And i even lost a little weight!! yeah!.

Last edited by Sandrab; 03-11-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Sandrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #132  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Default Forum Party For Cinnamon Sparkles!

CONGRATULATIONS on getting to your goal and even beyond! Woohooooo!
:cong rat::cheer 3: :celeb rate:: hb::tr ampo::tram po::g oldpot:
Lilita175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #133  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
hi there,

Just checking in! Well I have no idea what kind of plan i am on anymore, all i know is that i am making good decisions, and feel better all round about what i am eating. I am kind of eating more the phase 2 way, but have yet to bring bread, pasta or rice back in. Have the occasional fruit, and gosh darnit, i had some crystal lite! and it was great. I will eat salmon/tuna at lunch with veggies and still have my meat at supper. I started using a low fat feta cheese and fat free ham to dress up my salads. Any i had the occasion diet pepsi!! my bad. Anyways, staying on top of things and making good decisions, really does help. I am still losing a little, regardless how slow. And i feel better about things too! that may be having my hubby home finally....The surgeon discontinued the physio early, as it was taking too much of a toll...so not the result he wanted, but maybe later on.....either way he is home, i am happy, and all things seem so much better than they did a few weeks ago. And i even lost a little weight!! yeah!.
Hi Sandrab,

That's great that your hubby is home. Well, except for the hubby report I could have written the same post.

I am pretty much doing Phase II. I eat 2 "regular" meals and IP packs per day. I have started eating small amounts of fruit from the cafeteria at work (strawberries, a few grapes, a few chunks of melon.) And I have a glass of red wine and raw almonds in the evening. Seems like so much food! But is still way low in calories and fat.

But I am making overall great choices as i go along (with the occasional slip that I am very aware of.)

I eat a lot more lean protein and green veggies than before IP.

IP has taught me to be very aware of my choices if nothing else. Gone are the "drive thru and get everything on the menu" days. LOL.

And I have made a sort of "peace" with my scale. My body seems to like the weight that I'm at now and it is a very comfortable weight. I haven't been shopping for clothes since before Christmas but I am still wearing my size 12 jeans.

At least I'm not gaining any of my lost weight back! That's 3 months of maintenance already!

And that is what my coach said........that my body would not gain weight easily any more because it is "healed."

I would like to sort of "drift down" another 10 pounds, tone up my arms and legs by continuing on Phase II and going to the gym for a good workout every other day.

In other words, I am living my new life style with emphasis on healthy foods and supplements, increased activity and enjoying life.

Life is good!
Lilita175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #134  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

So can I mention again how grateful I am for the alternative products that I'm using. I am having just as good results since using all alternative shakes... and so if I have an occasional slip I don't have to say oh there goes $90 (a week's worth of IP food) down the drain. HA ! Congrats to those of you who have reached your goals and who have moved to phase 2.. that's awesome! I hope to reach my goal by May 20th. Keep up the good work ya'll (I'm headed to Oklahoma & Texas in a few days so I had to throw in some country slang lol)
rachel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #135  

Congratulations CinnamonSparkles - HOORAY FOR HITTING YOUR GOAL!!:c arrot:

: dance:
:dan cer:
:c heer3:

: cheer:
:celeb rate::balloon s:
: belly:
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote