Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

I think I feel a little better today. I went into town and got bugspray,sunscreen,etc. Tired me out.....I am not eating much cuz it still really hurts.

I stood in front of GNC for about 10 minutes trying to remember what I was going to get there....blank!! I did buy some chocolate fudge EAS shakes at WalMart. I gotta try to get some protein down me somehow.

Still very dizzy (shouldn't have been driving, huh??) - mouth and jaw hurt like crazy! (Mom22 - did your hubby have that symptom? I have NEVER heard of such a thing). Shoulders and neck still ache, but not as bad.

I did buy the new Atkins book.....and I had bought Dana Carpendars book on Amazon (How I lost 40#....). Trying to read, but keep falling asleep. Did anyone buy it?

OK -- gotta go rest again, and then make some dinner. Miss all you guys.
torchlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #197  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
I think I feel a little better today. I went into town and got bugspray,sunscreen,etc. Tired me out.....I am not eating much cuz it still really hurts.

I stood in front of GNC for about 10 minutes trying to remember what I was going to get there....blank!! I did buy some chocolate fudge EAS shakes at WalMart. I gotta try to get some protein down me somehow.

Still very dizzy (shouldn't have been driving, huh??) - mouth and jaw hurt like crazy! (Mom22 - did your hubby have that symptom? I have NEVER heard of such a thing). Shoulders and neck still ache, but not as bad.

I did buy the new Atkins book.....and I had bought Dana Carpendars book on Amazon (How I lost 40#....). Trying to read, but keep falling asleep. Did anyone buy it?

OK -- gotta go rest again, and then make some dinner. Miss all you guys.

Torchlaker, I just caught up on all the posts and am so sorry to hear about your symptoms. Would any of the anti-viral meds that got so much press when H1N1 was going around help since they think this is a virus causing you such problems? You might ask your doctor to see if you could try them. I really hope you feel better in time for your trip!!! Sending hugs and good thoughts your way!!

I bought a couple of Dana Carpenders books years ago when I did Atkins. I haven't found them since I moved, but do remember that her e-newsletter offered a lot of good information.
Mirazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 177/174.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Hello alternative IP folks! I've been on IP for 4 weeks now and have lost 15 pounds. The expense is getting to be a little much. I ordered 4 weeks of food from Lindora today for $101 thanks to the 40% off discount. That would have cost me $360 at my doctor's office! I plan to continue following IP at home (not sure if I will be able to still particpate at my doc's office if I'm not buying the food from them.) I just don't want to feel like I "wasted" $90 if I slip up.

I'm looking forward to participating in the discussions here and hope to learn some of your alternative tricks!
EmmasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #199  

Hit the 50lb loss mark today!! It was a struggle mentally, but I did it!!!!
want2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:50 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Wow! Wonderful, Wanttorun. Big cheers for you!
Birman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:22 AM   #201  

I bought the book 'Belly Fat Cure' by Jorge Cruise tonight. It is very interesting and looks like a good maintenance way to go, and easy to follow. Anyone else looked into this? It is following the same line as IP as far as the Insulin factor is concerned. I am a bit discouraged.....been 23 weeks for me and I have lost 52.6 pounds (which still averages a little over 2 lbs a week, so not horrible.....but the last few weeks have been .4 etc and I would sure like more bang for my buck! UGH!!!
spatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:41 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Thanks Mirazon. I guess I am on the mend.....I actually went into town yesterday and got some errands done.

Wanted to share a NSV --- (I have only "dreamed" of this happening....I never really thought it would). I stopped at the mall yesterday to try to find some capris or shorts. Went into a store I had never gone into....Christopher Banks, or something. Didn't really see anything in there, so I went next door (C J's or something). I was looking around, and this saleslady came up and asked if she could help. Told her I was looking for some lime green capris or shorts. She asked if this was for me....and I said yes. She said, (no kidding)"Honey, if this is for you, you need to go next door. This is the Plus Size Department." I teared up....and then started laughing. I told her I never thought I would hear those words in "real llife." I am still finding that I need a XL or 1X in the bust (now WHY didn't the boobs drop down to my now non-existent butt??), but have to alter everything (shoulders, waist, hips -- on a simple top!)

I also had a very pleasant thing happen at the mall -- I took in a bracelet that my godson gave me for Christmas. The clasp had broken. I had never taken it off once they put it on me on Christmas Day.....and I am going to see my godson next week. I knew he would be so disappointed if I didn't have it on -- BUT being sick, I hadn't been able to get to a jeweler. I stopped at a new jewelry store....he fixed it immediately and only charged me $2!!!

Want2Run -- congrats!! What an accomplishment!! Are people noticing at all?

SpaTime - I hear ya as far as "more bang for the buck." Are you still doing ALL IP? Been too sick to follow IP at all lately -- but am trying to stay on it for the next 5 days before I leave for Cleveland. It would be so nice to actually be at goal when I left for my trip. I have some IP here, some Lindora, some EAS and some protein bars from Netrition!

Gotta go alter clothes.
torchlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #203  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

[QUOTE=Mom22;3204929]Torchlaker - I have moved to Phase 3 like you and love the sheet that wagonmore and birman shared. I shared it with my coach yesterday and she loved it also - loved the list of "allowed" foods and the portions. so much more indepth than what she had.

Mom22,
where again did you find this sheet. I think it would be helpfull to me. there are so many posts to go through and I can't seem to find anything.
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #204  

[QUOTE=mepeterson;3206562]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
Torchlaker - I have moved to Phase 3 like you and love the sheet that wagonmore and birman shared. I shared it with my coach yesterday and she loved it also - loved the list of "allowed" foods and the portions. so much more indepth than what she had.

Mom22,
where again did you find this sheet. I think it would be helpfull to me. there are so many posts to go through and I can't seem to find anything.
Hey mepeterson - is this what you're looking for?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase 3 - Ideal Protein.pdf (291.9 KB, 36 views)
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #205  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=jordanna;3206591]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post

Hey mepeterson - is this what you're looking for?
Thanks Jordanna - that's the info I was talking about.

mepeterson - you've been on the IP diet long enough that this phase 3 will work to give you the break you need as well as allow you to lose a few more pounds. I've figured out the easiest way to remember what to eat is this little trick - look at your breakfast and decide if you have all of the following included in your meal - protein, carb, fat, fruit. the other sheet that i have has the dairy products listed under fat. so i've just figured that dairy and fat are interchangeable - have one but not the other. kind of a rymn that's easy to remember and sticks in your head.

Last edited by Mom22; 03-18-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Mom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #206  

Hey everyone,

I stepped on the scale this morning and I hit my 40 lbs down in exactly 2 months since starting IP. I took some progress pictures to visually see how far I've come and I posted them on my blog. I tried posting them on here but I think the file size is too big

Thank you all for your support/encouragement and tips it's helped me so much....hee hee, like I'm accepting a fat kid oscar or something
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #207  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatime View Post
I bought the book 'Belly Fat Cure' by Jorge Cruise tonight. It is very interesting and looks like a good maintenance way to go, and easy to follow. Anyone else looked into this? It is following the same line as IP as far as the Insulin factor is concerned. I am a bit discouraged.....been 23 weeks for me and I have lost 52.6 pounds (which still averages a little over 2 lbs a week, so not horrible.....but the last few weeks have been .4 etc and I would sure like more bang for my buck! UGH!!!
I totally feel your pain. I was caught between 195 to 190lbs over the past two months it was becoming very annoying. I started exercising this month so I think the scale is starting to move in the right direction...finally....just way slower that I'd like.

Keep you head up....just keep remembering were changing our lifestyles and we just happen to lose weight along the way!!
PRINCASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Jordanna -
You hit your 40 pound goal! Woot! In 8 weeks. You should be truly proud of yourself for that!

Oh and about the pudding tasting like cake batter - I always lick the metal shaker thingie off when I make chocolate pudding and it makes me feel like a little kid again! And the pudding itself does kind of taste like something my mom would be mixing up in her kitchenaid, like cake! I was wondering why I enjoyed that sensory experience so much. Thank you for verbalizing it!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey everyone,

I stepped on the scale this morning and I hit my 40 lbs down in exactly 2 months since starting IP. I took some progress pictures to visually see how far I've come and I posted them on my blog. I tried posting them on here but I think the file size is too big

Thank you all for your support/encouragement and tips it's helped me so much....hee hee, like I'm accepting a fat kid oscar or something
Jordanna, You look awesome!! Thanks for sharing
stacerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #210  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. Today is day 1 for both my daughter and me. I have been up for a couple of hours, but I haven't been brave enough to venture in there and pick up a packet yet! Not sure why I'm so hesitant?!? Maybe it makes it OFFICIAL, and all too real. But getting hungry, havine coffee withdrawls, and will have to get started sooner or later, so it may as well be now. I did read about someone using choc pudding in cold water and adding coffee to that, so that may be what I do first. I love my morning coffee (yes, light and sweet) it has been a bane to many of my diets in the past, so I will try hard to find a way to make this transition. I love your posts. It's a great motivator. I'm excited to lose the weight. Thanks for reading. Melissa K
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote