Goal Photo Album If you've reached goal, please share your before and after photos to help inspire others, and show off your new body!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #31  
KEN

S/C/G: 293/188/???

Wonderful, Good for you!!!!!!!!!!
KEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #32  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

WOW!!! What a MAJOR difference! You look like you lost many years as well as pounds!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #33  
My body in 6 mos!

S/C/G: 161/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

You look fabulous, darling. What an accomplishment and you're such an inspiration
deedee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #34  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Beautiful, classy lady inside and out. Congratulations, Susan, on your wonderful success with weight loss- you deserve it!

Thanks for all of your help the past couple of months- always a pleasure to read your posts- -please continue to help others like you do in the future. You're very inspiring to many and your wisdom and kindness is always appreciated!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #35  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

You look great! My DD13 also saw your picture and said to tell you that you look HOT and that you weigh less than she does.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:21 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Oh my goodness ... I have been struggling to come up with some way to respond to all of your posts. I cannot adequately say how blessed I feel.
One simply does not get this kind of support in real life. It's not that I don't have lovely friends and family ... I do. But that's not the same as you folks who are actually 'in the fight' ya know?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #37  

Height: 5'4"

You look tiny! Way to go!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I've had a myriad of thoughts as I've reviewed all of your posts. It's really interesting to read the responses to the celebratory pictures losers post here at 3FC. There is however, one vaporous notion that I smell, while reading between the lines, that breaks my heart. I'm not immune to it. I am in awe of Meg and Mel and Heather and Charles and Tammy and Lily and Ilene and Anne and sooo many others. I, too, think they are 'special'. They probably don't think so and I know that I'm not. In fact, I'm a flawed and simple human.
I'm absolutely sincere when I say that if I can do this anybody can. That's not lipservice. That's not condescending. It's true.

And if you're reading along thinking 'oh well, you only had 40 lbs to lose' ... well honey ... I had to start. I had to keep going. We can think about it in terms of percentages if you'd rather. How about if I say you can lose 1/4 of you? If I can, you can.

But I digress ... Here are the strikes against me. And you can find 'science' to back up all these 'reasons why' I shouldn't have been able to lose weight.
I have fat genetics.
I grew up in a home where we were expected to clean our plates and we had dessert. Sports were for kids who weren't smart enough to do well in school. Nice girls sat still.
We are in a lower income bracket, better than my childhood but not affluent.
I was molested as a child.
I have depression with anxiety disorder and a sprinkling of obsessive/compulsive disorder that is familial. And for that I take one of those dastardly fat inducing medications.
For over 30 years, I have worked shift with disordered sleep patterns. I wouldn't recognise a weekly routine if it jumped up and bit me.
I've had three children, by c-section.
I didn't start to work on this until I was over 40 and perimenopausal.
Personality-wise, I am a blithely sedentary person. I like to read, knit, TV, computer ... I can literally sit for hours with a cup of coffee and a good friend and just visit.

Did I start one day and stay perfectly on plan until I reach goal? Nope.
Is my plan even the same as when I started? Nope.
Do I fall off the wagon and think I'd never get back on? Yes.
Have I stayed off the wagon for extended periods of time? Yes.
Did I have thoughts and try things, in desperation, that were unwise and unhealthy? Yes.
Did I associate with folks who were unsupportive, negative, injurous, unkind, rude? Yes.

Does any of that make me special? No, it makes me identifiable. Didn't you read a little of yourself in there? Maybe alot?
I have never read a poster on 3FC that, in my opinion and limited experience, I feel can't lose weight. That doesn't mean I'm blindly optimistic. I'm not.

Now I can't speak for everyone who posts before and after pictures, but I'm assuming it isn't out of vanity (although I am proud of myself and do think I look good for an old gal). We want you to see that it can be done. Folks comparable to you DO do it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

You are an inspiration whether you think so or not. I also think you are correct in stating you are an average person so if you can do it anyone can. I feel the same way. Alot of what you say holds true for many of us.
Thanks.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #40  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

You look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif 12926x9.gif (7.0 KB, 278 views)
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #41  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Aw, Susan! You're simply beautiful, inside and out, and we're all lucky to have you here.
I second what Meg said! You look so pretty in your Pink sweater.

Last edited by Diva; 07-24-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling..grrrr
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:19 PM   #42  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Susan, you ARE special to many folks here, whether you like it or not.

Seriously, I read your replies, not just to my posts, but others as well, and you have no idea how much they've helped me. I am going through a rough spell medically and emotionally- not getting into that here, but...... you're one of the people that helped ME stay on track and stopped me from feeling sorry for myself and motivated me to keep going. Thanks to you and other posters in the 5 Day challenge thread, I pushed myself to do exercise that I wasn't sure I'd be able to do, but I did it. I am getting stronger everyday, and am shrinking. I have a long way to go, but with my exercise buddies encouraging me, you have no idea how much help it's been to me.

You're a part of my success, whether you want to believe it or not. Perhaps Meg, Mel, Heather, Charles, Tammy, Lily, Ilene, Anne and others helped you along the way (as well as other folks here), and were a part of your/their success as well. Just having you all share your stories, your weight loss tips, helping motivate others to keep exercising, keep eating healthy, keep your chin up when things don't go right in our lives helps us out tremendously! Sharing the pictures with us is awesome- we get to see that our dreams are possible, that one day, we, too, can be where you all are at, with hard work, perserverance, and a positive attitude.

You said the other day: "One simply does not get this kind of support in real life. It's not that I don't have lovely friends and family ... I do. But that's not the same as you folks who are actually 'in the fight' ya know?"

That's how I feel, as well. I don't work now, so I have no co-worker support. My family (brother, aunt, and others, but not my hubby or kids) laugh at my efforts to lose weight, no matter how hard I try. My sister can't understand what I am going through, as she has always been skinny, but she does encourage me when I talk about it once in a blue moon. My in laws aren't much support, either. So, this is my support, right here, and right now, I wouldn't have lost the 32 pounds I've lost without this board and am still sticking to this, come **** or high water.

I'll just bet you have no idea that I read your Fit Day menu one afternoon, saw the dried cranberries on it, and because of that, I bought some to add to my fruit consumption. Did you know that by listing that, that it would help me find a fruit to eat that I do enjoy, and not to mention, helps a bit with my edema? Sometimes, Susan, the little things that you do help others move onto to bigger and better things in their lives. Never discount all that you've done, simply by being encouraging, honest, and caring. You just don't know how many folks out there like me you've helped. So, to say you're not special, is wrong. In my eyes, and others, you are.

Thanks for sharing your story, your tips and all the help with the motivation. My hat's off to you, for a job well done on your journey. Don't be afraid to accept compliments- you deserve them.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #43  
Happy New Rears!

You look so graceful, your arms have a beautiful shape to them, you look great
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #44  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

you work girl in ur little idy bidy church outfit !!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:46 PM   #45  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

SusanB, I just saw your before/after pics. My goodness you have done a wonderful job! I love it how you also point out that it was a longer process. I think that this is all part of making it a real lifestyle change. Little changes over time and finding the right way to make these choice fit into your lifestyle. IMO its the best way to ensure a lifetime of maintaining a healthy/fit body.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your story. I just makes it so much easier for me to see others doing what I do and accomplishing their weightloss goals. You look fantastic!
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote