General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

View Poll Results: Been Unsuccessful? How many "diets" have you tried?
This is my first 0 0%
1-3 4 16.00%
4-6 1 4.00%
I have every diet book there is! 10 40.00%
With Christ, this will be my last! 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 09:38 AM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default LOSERS for CHRIST

Hi ~ I have been struggling with my weight and 'trying' to stay on a program to lose about 50 pounds.....unsuccessful I might add. So now, I am looking to the only other means and probably the means in which I should have started and that is CHRIST. He can help me and you to get healthy and fit, get the extra weight off and stay that way........

so no matter if you are using the WW points like I am trying, First Place, The Weigh Down Diet, Richard Simmons, BFL, or any other plan.....if you want Christ to lead the way, come talk, come chat, come join in.........I would love to hear all your success stories, your pitfalls and just get together as one to glorify our Lord who will get us where we need to be.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 05-27-2002, 05:32 PM   #2  

Hi Zoe - I am new here and loved finding your post. I am a Christian who is struggling too and would love to join in. I'm married, have 2 children and need to lose the same, about 50 pounds.

I hope this group can get going and we can support each other in this.

Saved4ever
Old 05-28-2002, 07:17 AM   #3  

Christ can make all the difference when you're trying to lose!

we think we're giving it over to him...and then still trying to do it on our own.

every "diet" i ever tried, failed!

now my "way of eating" is what God had planned for us all along. His fruits, His vegetables, His meat, fish and fowl that He put on this earth for us to eat!

when i cut out the man-made stuff...things made with flour, like breads, pastas, cakes, cookies, etc. and ate the things HE provided for us. my weight just started to fall!

i know i can't do it on my own...and i have days i "allow" myself to eat what i want....and it's working!

i'm not on a "diet". when you GO ON a diet, you eventually have to GO OFF it again and then your weight will come back.
this is a 'way of eating' that you will do for the rest of your life.

i've lost over 30 pounds now since january and i still eat some ice cream (at least 4 days a week), i still have chocolate (at least 4 days a week)....i may have 1 or 2 servings a WEEK of bread and pasta...but that's a far cry from the way i WAS eating!

and i don't crave that junk anymore! i feel like i have control of chocolate now...it doesn't control me!

it's a great way of eating, it's a great life!

hope you find what works for you!
Old 05-28-2002, 04:23 PM   #4  

Angry Great idea!

I am so glad that I saw your post! I am following a low-carb eating plan that was prescribed by the nutritionist at my doctor's office. But my mom has been a First Place leader at our church for forever so I am very familiar with that plan also! I have lost 33 pounds since January 26th and I am kinda stuck in a plateau right now, but I know things will start moving again soon.

I have a few medical conditions that make my weight loss a bit of a challenge (hypothyroidism, insulin-resistance, and PCOS). Anybody else dealing with these?

I would love to be a part of this group of sisters in Christ. I hope you are all doing well and having great success with whatever plan you are on. I will be praying for you and hope you will pray for me! We can use all the encouragement we can get, right?!?!

In His love, AMY
Old 05-28-2002, 06:42 PM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi Saved4ever, loridon and Amy

Well, I was please to see a few 'faces' here. I just KNOW that there are Christians out there and on this board. I post under another thread for Christians and love it there. I thought that by starting a new one, another 'title' so to speak, I might find some more Christians to chat with, lean on, fellowship and support.

I am getting my brain in gear for a good plan.....consisting of 1 long term goal (losing 50 pounds by the end of the year) and a few short term goals.....(4th of July, Labor Day, etc) I think I am just about ready to make my way and have been praying for the right choice to make in this. The Lord has blessed me so much with so many things that why have I not asked Him to help me with this problem long before now?? Crazy, huh?

Anyway, nice to meet all of you and let's try to keep this going. Invite your Christian friends.

Later.....
In Christ,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 05-28-2002, 08:21 PM   #6  

hey amy!

i too hit a plateau after about 30 pounds...but i just kept eating the same way...since i plan on eating this way for life anyway. i think after a couple weeks, when my body saw i wasn't giving up and going back to the old way of eating, it started releasing weight again...very slowly, but i am losing again.

right now i'm so happy with the way i'm eating, i don't care if i only lose a pound or 2 a month...as long as i'm going in the right direction...i'll get there eventually.
i've got so many cheats now that i've probably slowed my weight loss way down...but i'm happy.

good luck to you all!
check my homepage link and the forum off of that everyone!
we have a lot of christian ladies eating this way now!

Old 05-31-2002, 10:16 PM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello Friends

How did your week go? Mine was not as great as I would have liked, getting a slow start but I'm okay now. I think this was just a matter of me adjusting to a new way of eating. I just want to eat more healthy rather than think "DIET" ~ does that make any sense?

loridon ~ I checked out your site and the message board it directed me to. It looks interesting, once I learn how to post a message. DUH! I am very interested in the "God's Diet" and will be hunting down the book tomorrow. thanks!!

Hi Amy and Saved4you

have a blessed weekend.

Zoe <><

Last edited by Zoe; 05-31-2002 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:42 AM   #8  

Default Happy Monday!

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend. I am praising the Lord this morning because I think my plateau is finally over! The scale has finally started moving again. I started at 227 on January 27, 2002 and was stuck at 194 for FOREVER!! But, this morning when I weighed it was 192! PTL!! Now I have officially reached the 35 pound mark. Of course, I celebrated by eating 3 big macadamia nut cookies at my sister's house last night, but we won't go into that...

Loridon, I also checked out your website. It was really great and I will definitely be back.

Zoe and saved4ever (love that) I hope you are all off to a good start today.

I am in Marietta (right outside of Atlanta) and it is supposed to be 94 degrees today - is that crazy? I love being a southerner, but the summers here are brutal! And it's only just beginning!! Where do you all live?

I'll check with y'all later! Amy
Old 06-05-2002, 08:53 PM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Evening

Well, Wednesday is over so the week is half gone. My husband leaves in the morning for a business trip and will be home on Friday late afternoon.......not too bad, a short trip this time.

I've been doing great with my eating. Considering this is only my 3rd day, I guess it's not a big deal but for me, it IS a big deal. I feel good and usually, once I get a few days under my belt, it's pretty easy to stay on track

Amy ~ praise God for you finally getting off that plateau. Wow, 35 pounds is wonderful. I know I'll be getting there too. And don't worry too much about those cookies.....we sometimes need a little boost.

Hi Lori and Saved4Ever ~ hope you're both well.

Have a wonderfully blessed Wednesday evening.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas <><

Last edited by Zoe; 06-05-2002 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:59 PM   #10  

Hello again ~ sorry that I've been gone but I don't get a chance to get on the computer more than about once a week. I just don't have the time plus with 2 small babies, it's doubly difficult. I see that you're all doing well with your eating and I'll bet the pounds are melting off.

I have been doing great too. Jesus has really been at my side the last 2 weeks and I've been able to shed 12 pounds. I know that this is alot because of it being the beginning but I'm grateful for any amount. 12 down and 38 to go.

Well, time for me to feed everyone here. The peace of God with you all.

Saved4Ever
Old 06-06-2002, 09:21 AM   #11  

Red face Good morning!

Good morning everyone! It's so nice to come to work and read everyone's posts. I am glad you are all doing well.

Saved4ever - how old are your kids? I have a 5 year old son and a 2 year old daughter.

Zoe - Congratulations on 3 good days! I think that is great. We have to take one day at a time and do the best we can. Sometimes it is just too hard for me to think about tomorrow so I try to just say "I'll get through today". Although sometimes I can only say "I'll get through this meal"!! Keep it up. You are in my prayers!!

Loridon - if you check in I hope you are doing great!! Be sure to post and say hi!

Just wondering - Would anyone like to have a weigh-in day? Sometimes I need that accountability to keep me on target!

Hope everyone has a great day! <>< Amy
Old 06-06-2002, 08:45 PM   #12  

hi gals!

hope all is well!

you're all doing great!

congrats on the 12 pounds saved4ever! that's awesome!

amydoodle i'm glad you broke that plateau! persistance pays off!

did you find the book yet zoe? what do you think?

i only lost 3 pounds in may...but i'm hoping for at least 3 to 5 more for the month of june. it may be slow, but i cheat a lot and really love my way of eating! so as long as it is still going down, i'll be happy!

you all have a great weekend!

lori
Old 06-06-2002, 09:11 PM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello friends

How are you all doing tonight? I'm great! Unfortunately though, my DH is on a business trip and I'm alone. So I made some Chicken Teriyaki (Lean Cuisine stir fry) and have been watching a movie. Today is day #4 of being 'good' and not eating everything in sight.

Lori ~ I am reading the book, just started. I'm trying to keep an open mind but do give up my carbs....YIKES!! I'm so happy for you losing those 3 pounds....slow but steady, that's a good way to do it.

Amy ~ I am all for a weigh in day. Should we take a poll to see who weighs when? I weigh on Mondays so of course, that would be perfect for me. So, any other weigh days out there?

Saved4Ever ~ 12 pounds!! Great job for only 2 weeks.

Well, time to go back to my movie. Have a great evening.

In Christ,
Me <><
Old 06-06-2002, 09:16 PM   #14  
Happy Member

Default May I join you???

This looks like a good thread, and I certainly approve of working at anything through Christ.

I lost over 45 lbs. in the year 2000 with my healthy eating, giving all glory to God. Since that time I have been maintaining, with difficulty.

I would imagine that I am the senior citizen of this Christian bunch as I am 75, soon to turn 76. Lose theweight while you are young, that is my advice. It gets tougher as we get older. But it is still worth the effort.

Have a blessed weekend.
Old 06-07-2002, 05:48 AM   #15  

welcome jojojo!

and congrats on that 45 pound loss! good job!!

can ya tell us how ya did it? that shows hard work and persistance!

good to have you here!

lori
Closed Thread