General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 08:24 AM   #61  

Hey!
Wanted to let you chickies know that DH is getting satelite internet hooked up at the house today and I might be MIA until he gets me trained again.

Not much else to report. Dad getting more tests, trying to decide if they are going to continue treatments.
I went on a cookie binge. I don't know how I can go from no appetite to a bag of cookies? But, my head is feeling a little straighter today and hope to do better.

Old 02-18-2004, 10:20 AM   #62  

'lo there ladies. It's a little gray, foggy and relatively warmer here in the great white north today. Shhh! It's that kind of day where noises are a little muffled and if I was a mouse I would stay in my warm nest.

But I'm not a mouse! So I've got a strong, black cup of coffee and I'm sipping it on the 15th floor and feeling not overly inclined to dive into the next project.

Not a darn thing interesting to add so I'll just give all a friendly wave and pass by on my way back to work.

~~~~~~~~~

E.T.A. - Tiger, didn't see your last post before I typed. I'm glad you're feeling a little better! {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Last edited by Cafe976; 02-18-2004 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:27 AM   #63  

Ah Tig, Big, BIG, BIG HUG out to you. Our little group has had a lot of health issues that our loved ones are going through. DH and I spent the biggest part of the night at the hospital, BIL is in ICU and will have to improve a lot to just get to a stable condition. Please remember him. We should all remember that we should take care of ourselves NOW, and not wait until we are having health problems. I've got on my FAT jeans today and they are tight in the waist........ not a good sign.

Gosh everyone's getting haircuts, wouldn't you know it, just when I decide to let mine grow........... It's starting to BUG me.

Everyone's in meetings today so I'm covering the front and watching tv. heehee.

Have a good one.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #64  

huh, didnt think i would be able to get back in there today. satelite hooked up. not noticing any difference.
Semo, I'm growing my hair too and it's making me CRAZY! I've got the bangs down to my chin...basicly no bangs anymore. The back is the same length as the bangs except with layers. Still unable to "ponytail". I want to ponytail one more before I feel I'm too old.
Satelite guy still here...gonna zip outta here before he comes back in.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:29 PM   #65  

Everytime I have loads of time, no one posts and when I am busy I come back to tons and tons!

Jello: Gorgeous! You do look wonderful! I promise to reciprocate with a pic from ds's wedding. Only 51 days to go! Congrat on the big raise. I have to say I dislike photoshop. We have it on our computer but Jack bought a program called iPhoto Express and it is really easy to manuever around in, crop, resize and such. I think Photoshop is kind of difficult, but then considering the dumbie that uses it!.....

Tig: I am so very sorry the news on your father is not better. Prayers coming your way for you and your family. It is 62 degrees here today and expected to reach 70 tomorrow so PLEASE PLEASE melt the d*&%$ snow and warm it up in SB before I get there next Friday! My sister called over the weekend and said it was like zero or something so I go out to buy a winter coat as I don't have one anymore. Well, no coats anywhere so I end up with a blue men's Land's End down jacket which I think makes me look like a frostbitten Michelin man! Jack says I look great, but this is the man that thinks I look sexy even with my SharPei skin, big boobs and butt! At least I will stay warm up there.

Had the cat neutered and declawed last Friday. The antibiotics gave him the runs, he refuses to use the newsprint style litter all the time because it isn't sand like, decided a nice spot to start going was in Fortune's expensive dogbed, which getting the urine out of the sponge was H-E double hockey sticks. I took off the lambswool cover and cleaned it, then decided the lesser of 2 evils was to let him continue to go there instead of somewhere else in the house, so I cleaned the sponge really well and Febreezed it several times, then laid a layer of puppy pads down on it to soak up urine and then old towels. That is working fine and we only have two more days and then he can go back to his regular stuff. They changed his antibiotic so I am hoping he will "firm" up too! Like having kids all over again. One thing is he has really really calmed down without his you know whats. He used to prowl all over the house at nice meowing to beat 60 and now he sleeps!

Well, I better run. Have a great day ladies.

Faye
Old 02-19-2004, 12:42 PM   #66  
Long Lost Chickie

Tiger, just wanted you to know that the UAV is no more. We had to have it towed this morning (from where it stopped running on the way to work thankyouverymuch) and the mechanic says it's had it. Something inside the engine or something. Rich is actually there right now cleaning all his stuff out of it. I just couldn't quite face it. Too sad to watch it "go to the bone yard" as Rich puts it. Sigh.

On a more serious note, Tiger, I'll be keeping your dad and YOU in my prayers. Let us know what's happening.

Faye, I got my Photoshop in yesterday and have just installed it. Haven't had time to play with it yet but I'm excited. I've used an old old old version of it and can't wait to try the new bells and whistles.

Well girls, I didn't get to weigh in on Tuesday but like a good girl I went last night. Up pounds. But I'm trying to get back on track, I swear. As usual, the weekend will tell.

I've been interrupted half a dozen times since starting this post so I'd better go. I'll be back when I have time for important things like this without these yo-yo's bugging me.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:50 PM   #67  

Jello, awww, poor UAV. Have you already looked at new vehicles? Ya know, Ford has a new "concept bronco" on display at the auto show. I have no idea if it's going into production. I'm in trouble if it does. Bronco fetish. Worse than foot fetish.

My dad is getting a throat biopsy today...then more tests/results over the next couple weeks will decide what the next move to fight this lung cancer will be. He's strong, positive and absolutely amazing dealing with this. I don't know how my Mom even gets out of bed in the morning. She's right by his side. Both of them still go to work...only missing for doctor stuff. Me, I'm the crybaby child. Too much free time on my hands to ponder. I need a job.

Kids will be home shortly. Better go figure out what they are having for their after school snack. Youngest has school lunch at 10:30am. The kid is ready to eat the sink by time he gets home.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:35 PM   #68  

Tigerlily, your parents are in my prayers.

Jello, maybe you could put the old SUV in the front yard and make a planter out of it - then it would always be near.

Well, my boss sheepishly came to me and said I need to get the office set back up that he just had me dismantle last month so we could rent it - seems we aren't downsizing after all, we are hiring and the new guy starts Monday - with me on vacation Tuesday thru Friday. God knows what he'll do because I have to teach the database and stuff hand how we do things. I would have thought he'd have him start on March 1 since it's only a week later...dumb me. And he told me to get a quote to get eveyone a new computer. Does this sound like we are retiring anytime soon? I really don't want to for at least 4 years so hopefully we'll keep on that long.

Jello, I got Dragon Speak 7, Professional Version for the boss. We are having fun learning it since he only has 2 minutes a day to do it.

I'm so ready for Spring - I really want to get out and get walking again but it's still a little too cold for my asthma. But I know Spring is coming - tree allergies are starting!
Old 02-19-2004, 04:54 PM   #69  

Angry

Hi all, I'm trying to be consistent in excersizing this month, but I'm not consistent at anything really, so we'll see how that goes. I'm also TRYING to count some calories for the first time in my life...not because I didn't need to, but because I'm lazy! So wish me luck will ya? I'm trying not to get discouraged......
My beautiful daughter turned 2 in January (I'm always a little behind can ya tell?) I told myself on her birthday that I would NOT be a fat mommy. I started walking that day, and have been fairly good. Problem is, I'm not seeing anything happen....not completely true. I do feel better and have some more energy, but I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!
We had our family pictures taken right before DD b-day and I HATE to have my picture made. I swore to myself I would lose as much as I can in 6 months and have mine taken with her again in July.....I'm not getting very far so far. I need something to jump start it I guess, any suggestions?
The weather here is trying to shape up, but to be cold again this weekend, oh well
Well I guess I'll get ready to go walk....almost done with another day at work. Wouldn't be here if money were no object !!! heeheeheehee Take care all......
Old 02-20-2004, 08:16 AM   #70  

Loribug, you've already learned what you have to do - eat less and exercise more. Exercise will not cause you to lose weight by itself unless you are doing way too much of it. Walking keeps your metabolism humming and gives you energy and burns a few calories. Try drinking more water. If you can't get into it all at once, do it one meal at a time. Concentrate on a healthy breakfast and when you have mastered that go on to lunch, etc. Do each one for a week and at the end of a months you'll be well on your road to losing weight. Losing more than an average of 1-2 pounds per week is not healthy. Hope this helps!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:03 AM   #71  

Happy Friday, y'all.

Tough one for me. Had EMOTIONAL pms for 2 days and today aunt flo hits. The streets are full of slush and wet, heavy snow is falling down. Boss coming into the office today to pack up and say goodbye. Skipping his farewell gathering b/c of a small wedding I need to attend - to which I will have to wear a dress that is far too lightweight for the conditions - and that's not speaking of the cute shoes I will ruin. To top it off... woke up to a broken hot water heater! I was risking hypothermia just washing off the important parts - we are talking about some COLD cold water here in the frozen north.

I think I'm going to go and cancel my tan because I'm not feeling as fresh as I would like.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:10 AM   #72  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, girls. About 4:30 yesterday afternoon, the boss had me get him plane tickets to fly to Boston TODAY. Hey, let's not wait until the last minute or anything. Fortunately, I was able to do it (let's hear it for e-tickets!) and he's gone today. Now once I dig through all the he left for me, I'll be able to play around with my new software.

Quilter, LOL!! I already made the planter suggestion. He was not amused. Men. No sense of humor....

Tiger, yep, we've looked around a little but I guess now it's become very important. Now we have to practice talking to car dealers without looking too desperate. The bad news is funds are a little tight at the moment. The good news is that he's not being too terribly fussy - "I WANT A BIG TRUCK", etc. All we really need is a nice, used sedan - front wheel drive, preferably automatic, not too terrible a color, etc. We're looking this weekend.

Loribug, it's like Quilter said, sounds like you've got a plan. Count those calories and move that body! It's the best way to fight this weight loss battle.

That said, I'm going into the weekend with yet another plan to keep busy and stay away from the proverbial cookie jar. I've given Rich orders to help me stay in line and crack the whip if necessary. I want to dump those big ol' ugly pounds that somehow tracked me down this week.

Yep, it's the pounds' fault. Couldn't have been all the junk I shovelled into my mouth. Simply couldn't have been MY fault....

Have a great Friday all!

Edited to send this to Cafe .... HUG!!!! {{{Cafe}}}

Last edited by Jello; 02-20-2004 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:30 PM   #73  

Happy Weekend All!

Been kind of a quiet week on the diet front......eating (or not eating - depending on how you look at it) was ok - room for improvement, but acceptable. I hurt my foot last weekend......bruised? sprain?......so have not been exercising like I should. I know, I know, with a hurt foot, I could still be doing situps.........but I'm weak.

Loribug......we all go thru it...wishing the poundage would just melt away....reality sucks, girlfriend! If you need some support.....go to the forums message boards here at 3FC. Just read some of the posts and you will realize that you are not alone.....and you may pick up a few tips along the way.

Tigerlily......((((tig)))......hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Quilter.....walking sounds so wonderful right now. I am up to my forward flange in winter here. We live out in the country, so there are no sidewalks to walk on......and there are still drifts of snow back in the woods....so will still keep up with the indoor exericise for a while yet.

Faye.....sorry about the cat problem.....hehehe. I have 2 cats, so I know what you are going thru. We have an old old cat, who, I swear, is senile.....and sometimes misses the litter box (probably can't remember where it is). We got a new kitten this summer....who thought the litter box should be under the couch for the first month. Yikes! Anyway......Woolite has a spray that will take care of the worst of it and save your happy home.
Have a great weekend!
Old 02-22-2004, 09:21 AM   #74  
Long Lost Chickie

Default "It's a Taurus!"

Congratulate me - I'm a new mommy. 1999 Ford Taurus - low mileage, great condition, good price ... well good price after we "dickered" a little. We pick it up after work tomorrow. We bought it about 10 minutes before the car dealer closed yesterday after spending the day going from car place to car place, looking, test driving, trying to get rid of pushy salespeople and getting more and more discouraged.

In fact, here's something really interesting. The only reason we stopped at this particular dealer was because it was next to a Home Depot. And the only reason we stopped at the Home Depot was because they had a ladies' room. And the only reason we needed to find a ladies' room was because Jello really really really really had to P! And I had to go because I was drinking my water like a good girl!

See? So if you drink your water, you'll not only lose weight but you'll find other things that you seek. (That smilie is supposed to be me wearing my "oh great and wise" hat, OK?)

Anyhooo, I'm relieved (and not just because Home Depot had a ladies' room ). And Rich is very happy with the way the car looks and handles, etc. Darn thing has more bells and whistles and cool features than my 2001 Tracker! Hm....

Well, I've got to go. Lots to do - laundry, empty the dishwasher, vacuum the carpets. Oooh, ahhh. Hey, gotta do it today. Tomorrow, I'm gonna be driving around looking cool.

Well, if I can wrestle the keys away from him briefly. Talk to you all later!
Old 02-22-2004, 12:06 PM   #75  

Hi guys, happy weekend! The weather is much more great than I expected today, and I'm sitting at this computer WHY? Hmm good question, but I just wanted to say hi to my new friends.
Faye...funny thing about cats, as soon as you think you have them figured out they'll spring something on you! We have 4 (yes four) house cats, and they're all different and all do some crazy stuff expecially when I really don't want them to. Your boy will straighten out a bit after he gets better, but don't expect him to keep sleeping all the time....I'm afraid mine sleep all day, and then at about 4-5 in the am decide that is time to rumble. I swear I thought they were killing each other this morning, and then all came running in to the bedroom as fast as they could go, b/c our bed is homebase you know!!! then went running back out just as fast, but somebody didn't make it through the door, but into the door, loudest crash ever. I actually got up to make sure he wasn't dead.... Its like having a house full of 2 year olds, and I have one of those too!!!! I've been around animals my whole life and they will always keep you guessing!!!
thanks for the support guys....I believe I'm going for a walk OUTSIDE!!!!!! talk to ya later!
Closed Thread