General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #286  
I hate gravity

@Ian Thanks for the advice. Do you think drinking a beer with my evening meal might keep me from getting hungry later? I'm willing to give it a try. It is true I am not careful with what I eat - thinking limiting my eating to a short window of time is enough to control my calories. But I guess that is wishful thinking. Wow, I could probably eat more calories than my body needs in a half hour window if I ate the wrong things. I.F. is no magic bullet. One negative thing I.F. has done is reset my hunger clock. I never used be be hungry until noon. Now I am insanely hungry by nine in the morning. I did try starting my window much earlier, but it makes me that more hungry throughout the day. So I try to stay at 12-8. But I will add more low cal fruits and veggies and see if that helps.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #287  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Give the beer a try (one, two, three, whatever), after your meal in the evening, with the objective of easing your hunger pangs so you can eat less during the day. That's what we are aiming for here.

If it does not work after one day and you are eating no less and still feeling hungry then quit the beer. Easy. You won't need a scale to tell you that. But if it does do the trick...

And try to hit those veggies more than the fruits. Raw ones (e.g. tomatos, onions, cucumber, beans, corn, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, jalepeno, beets, green beans, radishes, lettuce, greens, shredded carrots perhaps with a light salad dressing) are best if you can do that.

Last edited by IanG; 05-12-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #288  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I don't see how a beer could make anyone less hungry. If it works - you two can co-author a book.

BigSky I am failing to understand how intermittent fasting is what makes you hungry in the morning but you should experiment.

Personally I find eating a big dinner works best but I've seen others for whom a big dinner made them hungy earlier.

You did say one thing that I agree with 100%. IF is no magic bullet. Caloires matter and it's quite easy to over eat.

While I'm not a fan of so called "clean eating" there is no doubt that it is more difficult to eat if you're eating less calorically dense food.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #289  
Trying to be in the 160s

Let's hope it's a best-seller BigSky!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #290  
I hate gravity

I have little problem resisting hunger if it comes in the morning or early afternoon. I have just been having a problem getting very hungry after my last meal. Evening huger for me is much harder to deal with as it will keep me from sleeping. I'm pretty much done with I.F. as I was not successful after weeks of trying. No one likes to fail. I am going back to counting calories and having a late night snack and not worrying about the time. Ian - do you drink light beers, and if so, which ones do you like?
Old 05-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #291  
Trying to be in the 160s

Stick with the IF one more time.

I like the big, strong, hoppy beers BigSky! No light about it.

My faves are Green Flash West Coast IPA (7.3%, about 250 calories a bottle) and Green Flash Palate Wrecker (9.5% about 300 calories a bottle). So you can't include beer calories - I don't! I normally sink a couple, rarely three. Dare I say, daily. Helps me. Don't know why it does not seem to affect my weight loss. Don't really care.

Go hoppy. Or red wine.

PS You will sleep!

PPS Beer has zero fat content.

Last edited by IanG; 05-13-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #292  

Hiya,
I join the conversation because I would like have some weight loss tips. I tried any weight loss programs but I regained automatically weight. I would like find a solution. Thanks Abbey.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #293  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

So I had a good friend come over while I was making lunch and she was amazed by how much food I was eating (I eat 2 meals and 1 snack per day) and how I was not gaining my weight back.

I ended up slowly telling her about IF and the conversation went surprisingly well. I told her some of the benefits about fasting (burns fat, the human growth hormone, give digestion a break so the body can focus on cleansing/repairing, normalizes insulin and leptin sensitivity etc.) and I think I did a good job explaining it in detail for the first time ever.

She seemed interested so I gave her some links and suggested so do a lot of research and if she decides she wants to try it to take baby steps. Don't attempt a 19/5 on the first try.

So we'll see...

Things are still going well for me on IF. Still eating from 11 - 5 during the week (longer window during weekends) and I'm very content. I'm on going vacation for about 5 days. I'm planning on indulging a little, but will not go overboard. I will probably have some fruit in the morning, a big lunch and a small dinner. I haven't had alcohol in about 4 months, but that may change this weekend. lol

Abbey78 - Good luck with whatever you decide!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:00 AM   #294  

Default Weight loss tips

Thank SunnySide99 for your answer.
How long long did have you done this diet program?
Old 05-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #295  
Procrastinator

S/C/G: 161/151.6/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm so happy to have found you guys! I started IF a little over a week ago and I'm amazed at how quickly my craving for sugary badness (i.e. the Devil) went away!!! I've quickly dropped three pounds and (this is HUGE for me) it's easy to manage this WOL while I'm traveling (which I do frequently)! I'm looking forward to reading the old posts on this thread!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #296  

Hi,

IF is a good weight loss program? Not much deprivation?

Abbey.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #297  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

Abbey, it isn't a matter of not as much deprivation as being able to eat more of what I want. Because my window limits my eating time, It makes it easier for me to enjoy feeling full when I do eat. You still have to watch the calories, especially if you are trying to lose. That said, I think it is great and would recommend it to anyone.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #298  

Hi,
thank you KTucke7 for your answer.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #299  

Hiya,

According to you drinking a lot of water or tea such as green tea, can help to weight loss, burn fat or eliminate? Thanks.

Abbey.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #300  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

I think green tea is a fat burner. You won't notice some huge difference though. Drinking green tea helps me during the fast. Don't know why, but the tea seems to provide some satisfaction. I always try to stay very hydrated, since thirst can often be perceived as hunger.
Closed Thread