General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 12:16 AM   #61  

Hello everyone...

I have had grand kids here all day...first Bella from 9 until about 4. Her daddy had to make a call in Auburn Alabama, so I kept her while he did that. What a sweetie she is! So sweet tempered! And easy!

Then my other daughter came with Kaeleb. He is still here while they are out with some friends. He was MAD that they left him and ended up crying himself to sleep on my shoulder.

I am finding it easy to eat gluten free, and it amazes me. I am sure it will be more difficult during the holidays. So far, I have not missed any wheat products that much, as I can find ways around it...like instead of bleu cheese and triscuits, I just use Nuthins. It isn't bad!

TONI: I like my brown rice plain. You might try cooking it with broth instead of water though. That might give it the flavor you want. I do mine in the pressure cooker, and it cooks up in less than 15 minutes. We tend to eat it with Asian dishes, so then a bit of soy sauce is all it needs with the sauce from the dish. (mine is of course, wheat free soy sauce)

SOLLY: You can't find me on facebook even with my full name? weird...

CRYSTAL: Congrats on that grandson! Please post pictures! If you are on Facebook, it would be great to be able to add you to my friends list. I will see if I can find you...

Old 10-25-2009, 12:51 AM   #62  

Hello.... Its very late but I'm still up. Worked most the day in the kitchen getting ready for company. Tomorrow I have a ton to do. We just had an egg salad sandwich for dinner. I thawed out steak but we didn't feel like it. To heavy. Wish I would have thawed out one to share. Even though they're small anyway. I'm trying to just eat till I'm full and then quit eating.

Ellen- Thanks for the tip on rice. Sounds like you've had fun with your Grandkids. Its good you are having good luck with the gluten free cooking.

Hope everyone is having a good week end.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #63  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Good afternoon. It is beautiful outside today. I should be planting my kale but it's still a bit wet so I'm gonna wait until Thursday when things settle down. I just found out that I like kale. We were eating at Olive Garden and they have this awesome soup and I feel in love with the greens in it and the waitress said it was kale. The next day we went to the feed store and they had several bags for sale. I was shocked because I'd never seen the seeds here before, shocked but happy.

Today is my first day of GREAT eating. I'm so determined. I pray with God and the accountability of this board I'll do better. Breakfast was a one egg, plus two egg white omelete with veggies and a little lean ham. Very filling and under 250 calories.

When I get back from Britt's I will post a picture of little man. I've tried finding ya'll on facebook but so far no luck. I should be easy to find as I've yet to find anyone that spells their name like mine. If ya'll can't find me I may have the privacy set high. Just let me know. I'd love to have ya'll on my facebook.

Diet Tip from email:

Great Weight-Loss Rewards
You deserve a pat on the back, and you need to make it a point to get it. Setting milestones and rewarding yourself every time you meet them can help you achieve your ultimate goal. Try giving yourself a reward each time you meet a mini-milestone. Treat yourself to a candlelit soak in the tub, go see a movie with a friend, enjoy a new CD or give yourself a spa day. Celebrating the smaller victories will help make your fitness journey more fun and will help make your long-term fitness goals more attainable.

Toni...I like to cook my brown rice with broth, garlic and cayenne pepper. When I use just water my guys complain too much. They don't like it to begin with so I have to up the flavor.

Ellen...I can't wait to try and cook the brown rice in the pressure cooker. Time is the one reason I don't cook it more often. That and if it is the least bit chewy the guys think I"m trying to kill them. The chewy part is what I like about it.

Solly...hope you are felling better.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 10-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #64  

Default New

Hey ladies. I'm new to these boards. I just started the sugar busters diet today. I'm going to make this work because I really need to get healthier. It's nice to meet all of you.

Punkin
Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies,

Weekend was wonderful, but any time I can spend with my GS is wonderful. He was good as gold and I hated to give him back. This is her last week before returning to work. I know it will be hard for her.

Yesterday I spent 4 hours cutting our fabric and putting it on top of mason jars. My friend is a wedding planner and she is doing a wedding next Sunday which is quite unique. Nothing I would do, but to each his own. They are earthy people and love the outdoors so an outdoor wedding it is on Nov 1st. I sure hope it is warm as we are helping her with it. All the guest are bringing a dish like pot luck. They are having games, contra dancing, corn hole, etc. The rehearsal dinenr is actually a costume dinner since it is on Halloween. The bride is a vegetarian so the meal is soups and hot breads and brownies. They have spent a ton of money on tent rentals etc. so I am quite anxious to experience this affair in the woods.

Eating was horrible over the weekend. Of course there were tons of goodies and good at the party we attended Friday. I just have no willpower. Saturday we went out for dinner and since I had already blown it, just got fried fish and a baked potato. Last night was a burger and rings. I get so mad at myself. I did make it to the gym this morning.

Toni, I hope you enjoy your company. How long are they staying?

Ellen, sounds like you had a good weekend with your GK also. Aren't they fun? glad your eating is going so well. I need to wire my mouth together on weekends. I will look again on FB for you, may not have used your full name. I was in a hurry and someone was doing it for me. Just don't have a lot of time to get on there during the day.

Crystle, I can't wait to see pics of that baby. I love kale. My mom fied it in bacon grease in a big pot (b/c it is so big, but cooks up to nothing). We would boil potatoes and cut them up and hard boiled eggs on top and serve with corn bread. Yummy. Makes me want some now. Make sure you wash them really good.

Punkin, welcome to our group. Most of us have been around for years. Not only are we diet buddies, we have become friends. Looking forward to getting to know you and wish you well on your weight loss journey.

Got to fun, we have a big proposal due tomorrow and I need to get busy. Have a great day.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #66  

Hello all.... Just a quick note. My company should be here any minute. Eating has been so so. But tonight am having enchilada's. But back on it tomorrow. Didn't cook dessert. So I am being good. LOL

Punkin- Welcome aboard. Keep posting and good luck. Ask questions if you need to.

Solly- Glad you had a good and busy week end. The outdoor wedding sounds so cool..... Glad you had a good time with Grandson.

Crystle- Would love to try some kale. Its been so many years since I've had any. Keep up the good eating.

I'm off..... Happy day.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5' 1"

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any pointers. I am an emotional eater and I do great on my diet all day and then at around 5:00 both kids (2 & 4 Yrs old) start screaming and demanding things and my attention and after about an hour my head is spinning and I shove something toxic (sugar) in my mouth!! I can't seem to break this heart breaking and endless cycle. And thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #68  

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

hi everyone,

hope everyone is doing well. we have had the cough, cold, non-swineflu germs at our house for the last few weeks, it seems like one of us gets better and then someone else gets it. sarah is now a senior in high school and we are trying to get the college visits set up, hope i can manage my eating while we are doing this. my sugars are doing better and the weight is still coming off slowly.

does anyone have the recipe for the crustless quiche that debbie made for one of the sugarbuster get togethers we had in florida a few years back? i am trying to get more creative with my cooking and need some sugarbuster easy recipes.

looking forward to the Biggest Loser tonight, they seem to help me stay on track...

BOB, i hope your mom is doing better.

take care girls...

chris
Old 10-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #69  

Good afternoon. My company has left and I'm pooped!!! Good thing I don't really don't have to do anything but doze in the chair. Leftover chicken enchiladas for dinner. Then the rest in the freezer. My sis brought me a bag of clothes and I'm thrilled. She buys high end things and they're nice. Eating has been so so and not great.

scrappinhut- Maybe cut up some veggies in the morning. Like celery, bell peppers, cauliflower or what ever raw ones you like. And when you're having trouble grab a bowl of them at 5 and munch on them. Or maybe a few nuts or some string cheese. Welcome to our board hope you stay around we're glad to have you and there's a nice bunch of ladies here.

Chris- Glad you're doing well. I don't have Deb's recipe. But I do just make a quiche without a crust and bake it. We like it that way.

Think I'll go get me a big glass of water. Can't wait for Biggest Loser tonight too....
Old 10-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni48 View Post
Good afternoon. My company has left and I'm pooped!!! Good thing I don't really don't have to do anything but doze in the chair. Leftover chicken enchiladas for dinner. Then the rest in the freezer. My sis brought me a bag of clothes and I'm thrilled. She buys high end things and they're nice. Eating has been so so and not great.

scrappinhut- Maybe cut up some veggies in the morning. Like celery, bell peppers, cauliflower or what ever raw ones you like. And when you're having trouble grab a bowl of them at 5 and munch on them. Or maybe a few nuts or some string cheese. Welcome to our board hope you stay around we're glad to have you and there's a nice bunch of ladies here.

Chris- Glad you're doing well. I don't have Deb's recipe. But I do just make a quiche without a crust and bake it. We like it that way.

Think I'll go get me a big glass of water. Can't wait for Biggest Loser tonight too....
Thanks so much for the idea. I never thought about it. Nothing is ever ready at that time, dinner is being cooked, etc. So, if I get something healthy ready to go hopefully I can reach for that. That will be my goal for tomorrow!!! I will let you know how it turns out!! Thanks so much!!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #71  

Default check in

Hey Ladies. This is day 3 of sugar busters. I'm doing good. I'm staying on point. Thanks for all of you warm welcomes.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #72  

Hi ladies

It has been a crazy week. We had 2 proposals due th is week and both were tons of paperwork involved. I'm glad they are over.

Eating as been so so. Not as good as it should. After working until 8:00 and then going to the jym at 5:00 I was worn out this morning and turned over. I hope I can go tomorrow. But I will have a late night at bunco, so we will see.

After spending 3 hours Sunday and 3 hours last night working on the mason jars for this wedding, The bride wants the cards tied on the outside with a ribbon. That was her original request but the card was so big they kept falling off so we put them inside the jar. She insists. So this will be the 3rd time we had to handle 260 jars. I think she is bringing them to bunco and all 8 of us will help. In the big scheme of a wedding, this is so minute and unimportant, but I guess she can't see that now.

Toni, how nice of yoru DS. It's always fun to get clothes even if they are hand me downs. Glad you had a nice visit.

Taeotis, good job. Now try not to cheat b/c once you do, it happens more and more. So my best advice is don't cheat at all. Keep up the good work.

Chris, did you search the recipe boards for the quiche. I agree with Toni. Hope everyone is getting well at your house.

Scrappinhut, once you detox from sugar things will get easier. But you have to stay totally off of it including sweatners for about a week. How about a piece of fruit, it has natural sugar. Hope you stay with us.

Has anyone tried the new sweetner Truvia yet? It is supposed to be all natural and not trick your bring into wanting more.

Got to run. Have a great day
Old 10-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #73  

Oh, I forgot to share my great news! We have a court date for the adoption proceedings for my grandson. Next Thursday the 5th. I am so glad it will all be final and done. We have truly been blessed.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #74  

Good evening. Not much going on today. Still a little tired from company. So I haven't done allot today.

Solly-I'm so happy about your Grandson. What wonderful news. It will be great when its all over. I missed the treadmill the past couple of days and need to get my butt on it tomorrow. Making a big pot of chili in the crockpot tomorrow thats healthy.

taeotis- Way to go girl. Keep up the good work. One day at a time. It takes the first week or two to get rid of the sugar cravings.

scrap-Hope you did better this evening. I was thinking of you at 5 and remembering those hectic days with my little ones. Always seemed at 5.

Well off to finish dinner. Eating hasn't been to good. But tomorrow is another day.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #75  

Just wanted to pop in and tell you I am off tomorrow so I won't be back until Monday.

Toni, hope yo are resting up from your company.

Have a great weekend.
Closed Thread