General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #121  

Karrie...CONGRATULATIONS on beating your breast cancer! What a blessing for you and your family! Let us know also how your husbands surgery went!!!
Thank you so much Aprilblessings!!! My Husband is doing fine he had surgery on his ACL so he will be on crutches a few weeks that is the hard part.
i started the diet on Monday YIPPEEE i almost caved and did not start b/c things were not going exactly like they should have and that put me in a spell of oh i am just going to eat what i want... but, i stuck it out and made the first day i am hoping it will get easier b/c i keep thinking of food i can't have... oh well, i am doing this and that is that... thanks again for all of your tips they were great...
do you know if we can chew gum????
also, has Wendy posted the Holiday schedule yet... i read somewhere that she posts the days for us when there are Holiday's involved...
Congratulations to everyone that i have read about on here you are all doing so good and it really helps to read the posts out there... maybe this will help us all.... have a good day
Old 11-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #122  

Default Week 2 - breaking the code

Hi - just wondering if anyone if still doing this - I saw there were a few of you before. Are you guys all from the same area? - you seem to know each other.

I have some questions - but can't get anything from the 'ForeverFit' Website. It just goes straight to a 12 week something or other. But I'm keeping at it. 8 weeks - should be doable. So excited to have some 'real' carbs this morning - like oatmeal
Have a good day.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #123  

Also wondering if this forum is still active. It seems to be difficult to find web support for Crack the Fat Loss Code. Starting week 5 tomorrow but frustrated with how slow this is going. I have only lost 4 lbs. and that was in the first week. I have kept the 4lbs. off and I have lost 1.5 inches in my waist, hips and about .5 inches in my thighs but this is very slow going. Others seem to have a bigger loss than I have experienced. I have about 25 more lbs. to loose and have not had much success with Weight Watchers, though I did in the past, or South Beach. My experience with South Beach was the same as this - loss in the first two weeks and then nothing. I stick to the plan though I don't do the protein drinks and I exercise 5 days a week. Any ideas out there?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #124  

Hello Karrie and welcome to all the newbies!!! I did post on thursday twice but both times the site went down and could not get my message posted. Karrie, I am so glad that your DH surgery went well! I am also glad that you had good willpower to fight through the day. I chewed gum all the time-esp. the first week b/c my mouth always tasted yucky from the low carbs and I didn't see it in the book that said I couldn't. Please write and let us all know how you are doing!

DH and I went on a 4 day vaca for our 15th anniversary (shipped the boys off to grandparent's house for some TLC!!!) went to Disney in FLorida...dreading getting on the scale tomorrow although I tried to make as good of choices as I could. Everything there seemed sooooooooooo salty-my rings were tight on my fingers which is abnormal for me! I think that I am going to do a 3 day low-carb week like week 1 to try to get back on track. I was down 13 1/2 before vacation. And plus with Thanksgiving coming up this week...

Poppitt-I start week 5 tomorrow also. I lost 9 pounds the first week and then the rest of my weight would only come off a 1/2 pound at a time. **this is not in the book>>>but before my vacation I did a 3 day low carb (like the 1st week) and I lost another 4 pounds. It seemed like for me I lose more when I am not not fluxuating my carbs and eating the less than 20g of carbs-and I feel better too! I am not advocating this...I just got frustrated working so long and hard and only losing a tiny bit every couple of days. Stick with it though-losing inches is important!!!

Shtamalu-Hang in there...IT GETS EASIER-HONEST!!! You can do it!!!

Hey LowcarbLu-ru still out there??? How are you doing-haven't seen you post in awhile-hope all is well with you!
Take care everyone-and happy losing this week!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #125  

Hey! I just discovered your forum today while searching for Wendy Chant's website. I purchased her sequel to Crack the Fat Loss Code - it's called "Conquer the Fat Loss Code". She refers to "deplete" days in the book, but nowhere can I find the "rules" that apply to deplete days or to the first week you're supposed to complete before the actual 8 week program begins. Can anyone help me with that? I don't have her first book, but surely I don't need to buy that one as well - just for the first week? From what I have "picked" up from the book, the first week is 7 "deplete" days in a row? Is that correct?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean61 View Post
Hey! I just discovered your forum today while searching for Wendy Chant's website. I purchased her sequel to Crack the Fat Loss Code - it's called "Conquer the Fat Loss Code". She refers to "deplete" days in the book, but nowhere can I find the "rules" that apply to deplete days or to the first week you're supposed to complete before the actual 8 week program begins. Can anyone help me with that? I don't have her first book, but surely I don't need to buy that one as well - just for the first week? From what I have "picked" up from the book, the first week is 7 "deplete" days in a row? Is that correct?
Hello Jillybean! I do the first book...yes, the first week you do a carb deplete which is 7 days and each day you need to be under 20g of carbs. Your not supossed to have soda or sugar the first week. (the no soda was hard for me but I got through it!) You also need to make sure that you are eating 4-6 times a day. The first 3-4 days is the hardest and then after that, you seem to get more energy and it gets so much easier! Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing! Take care!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #127  

Also! Just reading through the pages and pages of comments in this thread, and to Bumbleberry - I just found this site becuase I googled Wendy Chant and it brought me here. So - I figured I'd join and see if anyone can help. Nothing too "sinister" happening here, I don't think! I suspect that the articles in First magazine brought the diet to the forefont, and lots of people are googling her and - like me - finding this site.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #128  

aprilblessing - thank you! So - on deplete days - you do not eat any starches either, correct? I am on day 8 , although I must admit I "slipped" a bit over the weekend!! I am down 4 pounds in total so far - I have another 26 (at least) to go. I noticed that Shaun - Wendy's partner posted a few pages ago. Hopefully he will continue to check in and offer helpful hints! And is there a particular exercise program when you are doing the "deplete" days? I am following the exercise routine pretty religiously as I have been going to the gym for years now, but not getting a lot of results. Hopefully the suggestions in the book will help me get more out of my workouts...! (sorry - that message was a bit "scattered"! I'm quite excited to have found this site with other people following the program!)
Old 11-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #129  

Does anyone have a place where they find recipes that fit with the plan? I have found the ones in the books to be limited and I need some variety. I have used some South Beach recipes from Phase 1 for carb down days and phase 2 recipes for baseline days.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #130  

Hi - Well I've made it to Day 12 - I am down 7 pounds - that was mostly the first week. Poppit - I don't know of any other recipes, (but then I haven't been looking) I actually have both books - and there seems to be lots in both.
Does anyone know about dairy - specifically milk and yogurt - I kind of miss them. Maybe I am thinking this through too much - I guess I wish there were more guidelines like when it says starch - how many calories, carbs, etc.
I guess we just take her at her word, when she says 'have whatever you want', she means that, 'just don't overstuff'
I have not been able to find Ezekiel Bread, any suggestions?
I think I am going to stick with Break the Code for the first eight weeks and then switch to the Conquer the code.
I am so glad to have found this forum - this is great to have others on this plan. I have about 30 more pounds to go.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #131  

Poppit - I was just looking back at past posts - I have been drinking at least 1 protein drink a day (not loving it, but been experimenting a bit) and really drinking lots of water.
Jillybean yes I saw that Shaun had posted as well. I was wondering if a person could PM him if we had a question?
Aprilblessing - you are very encouraging - thanks
Old 11-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #132  

Shtamalu - the Ezekial bread had me puzzled too - I looked it up on the internet, and one suggestion was to buy bread made from "sprouted grains". I was able to find a bread labeled exactly like that, so - it is in the freezer waiting to be tried! I actually bought another type of bread because I couldn't find anything classified as "ezekial" bread initially. It is a bread made with whole grains and unbleached flour - high on fibre. I figured that was better than some breads out there! Anyway - I want to finish that loaf first before I try the other loaf I found made with Sprouted grains. In the "Conquer" book, she does not say to satrt with the deplete week, so I actually started with the carb down/carb up schedule. I'm down 4.5 pounds, and am on day 9. I am following the exercise plan exactly - so am hoping that will help me out and that one day - I'll get on the scale and have lost ..5 pounds overnight or something ! (And then - I wake up!!) I guess if I can drop 2 - 2 1/2 pounds per week I should be happy with that. It's 2 1/2 pounds per week more than I was loosing before so..!! Any help on the exercise recommended for deplete days yet from anyone? In the second book she does talk about doing 3 deplete days prior to a holiday if you plan on eating "off plan" over the holidays. She actually says you can do deplete days before the holiday and then eat whatever you want for up to 3 days ! I'm likin' that! Seems I'm always on a diet over Christmas...
Old 11-25-2009, 06:12 AM   #133  

I can't believe that the issue of milk or half and half for coffee is not addressed, especially in the first week when it's so important to be strict with the carb count and the intake of food. Did you ever get an answer to your question about milk?
Old 11-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #134  

Hi Jillybean and legalbegal 52 - Yes I was thinking sprouted bread would do as well - it said in the book, 'flourless bread' or 'millet bread'.

I was down 7.8 after the first carb deplete week and today the end of week 2, I am back up 1.5 - not loving that - I guess 6 pounds in 2 weeks is okay though (better than six on
I know I wasn't really following the substitution plan so that could be it.

I hear you about being on a diet over Christmas - but I decided whenever I wait, like "Monday" or "the New Year" - I then eat like crazy before I start and then I have extra to deal with.

Does this sound like I have been dealing with this all my life? Yes! That is what attracted me to the First article in the first place(ha that sounds like a pun) lol, were the success stories of women my age (58)

No I have never heard anything about milk. I see in the second book there is mention of milk - like skim with cereal, etc. I'd have to go back and see where that fit into the cycles.
I have been adding a small amount (like 1/2 cup) to my protein drink, because I just don't like the taste with just water - I guess I haven't really been keeping track of carbs, but then it doesn't say to does it? (other than the first week)
Well you ladies (unless you're men) have a good day. I am very happy to have someone to bounce things off of.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #135  

I found Ezekial bread at Nutters in their freezer section. I looks like it is just sprouted bread.
Closed Thread