General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #61  

Default what to it on the road

I am in the car a lot and I was wondering if somebody had good ideas for snacks to take with me, I am doing the turkey rolls and the cottage cheese, can you use any cheese? how about trukey peperonis?
I appreciate any help I can get!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 AM   #62  
trytryagain

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 4'11"

Default travel food ideas

hi! glad i'm of some help lulita. yes, you can use any cheese -- 2 or 3 oz. read the label and you'll see that it has no carbs and each ounce has 7 or 8 grams of protein. you're trying for high protein and low carbs the first week. the turkey pepperoni i have says that 14 pieces has only 1 gram of carbs and 7 grams of protein so i think that would work fine -- but be careful if you have high blood pressure and have to watch sodium content because both cheese and turkey pepperoni (or other processed lunchmeats like turkey bologna have a lot of sodium). if you are leaving from home during the day, boiled eggs are good, too, unless you hate boiled eggs. canned tuna is good, too, if you like tuna -- mix a little bit of mayonaisse with it and maybe put it on some lettuce for a salad. also, you can go through a drive through and get a hamburger or grilled (not breaded and deep fat fried) and throw away the bun. i've done the "throw away the bun" thing for years, even on other diet plans. seems wasteful, but . . .

after week 1 it gets easier because you are adding some carbs on some days.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:48 AM   #63  
trytryagain

Default addendum to travel foods

sorry, i didn't edit my last reply very well. i meant to say a hamburger or grilled CHICKEN at a drive through and throw away the bun!
Old 02-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #64  
trytryagain

I'm just playin around. I'm liking my new "jewel" avatar. And I thought I added a weight loss thingy to my messages, too. We shall see what shows up with this post. Time for bed . . .
Old 02-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #65  

thanks again TRYTRYAGAIN!!!
Do you use Crystalight and howmuch? I find it helpo with sweetcravings, although I am having a lot less of those.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

oh, I'm on day 4 of atkins induction and I don't think I can take anymore!!! I was lurking on this thread earlier and checked the book out of the library and have been reading it non-stop and I'm going do it. I wonder if I have to do the first week since I was following atkins? I'm guessing
no but is there anyone here who might know different?
Old 02-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #67  

hello everybody,
tomorrow is my first day on week 2 and I am a little scared. did you continue losing? do you eat what's in the menues and change for things that are P V O S A, etc? Any ideas would be great!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #68  

Hello everyone,

I am so glad to have found this forum.

The way I found Crack The fat-Loss-Code was kind of out of the blue. I was shopping for something completely unrelated at amazon, and somehow the book popped up on my screen. after reading dozens of reviews by readers who had bought the book and are following the Crack The code lifestyle, I decided to buy the book.

I knew it was a positive sign when I could not put down the book. For the first time reading a diet book, I did not not get bored and skimmed through it rushing to get to the diet section. Instead, I found myself reading, and re-reading, and underlining key points.

I am excited because not only for the first time, I have found a system that makes sense, but I know that this is an eating lifestyle I can follow for the rest of my life.

I'll start my first week (carb deplete) tomorrow. I re-created the daily logs in Word, and printed them and I am all fired up and ready to go

Happy cracking to everyone!
Old 02-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #69  
trytryagain

Default checking in

hi everyone! i'm checking in. i'm on a week long "vacation" to see relatives and friends. very nice to see everyone, but i'm having a hard time staying on the plan. i've been through the entire 8 weeks as some of you know, and lost well. christmas kinda interfered so i was going back to week 2, and doing well, i'm afraid this week is going to throw me again. i am trying to avoid sugar and doing the best i can. also, taking walks.

i'll be in touch when i get back. someone asked the question about whether the first week of atkins translates to the first week of the crack plan and i think it does. hope you figured that out and have moved on!

stay the course everyone!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #70  

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I don't really know much about this diet. Can anybody give me some pointers about this diet? Is there a website that I can go to and find about what this diet is all about?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #71  

Default Crack the Fat Loss Works

Yes it works. My husband and I started the diet and lost 7 - 8 lbs the first week and another 7 the second week. The only problem is we can never seem to stay on it for more than 3 weeks with out falling off the wagon. Something always seems to come up.

While we were on it we did some excercise but nothing extensive,,,, some cardio in front of the tv and that was about it.

We are actually going to start it back up this week. He's a truck driver and just went back on the road after 6 months being off. He originally started at 206 lbs got down to 179 and is now back up to 194 being back on the road.

I'm around 154 and would like to get back down to 120.

So we are going to try and crawl back up on the wagon and stay there this time and see if we can do the full 8 weeks.

Supposedly there is a new crack the fat loss code book coming out this moth with some different menues. Maybe that will help us to stay on it longer.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 154/154/125

Height: 4'11''

Hello everyone I just started this plan and am confused, are we not supposed to count calories? Just eat anything as long as it is protein and we do not go over 20 carbs per day?
Old 05-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 154/154/125

Height: 4'11''

I started this diet May 11, 2009 and have already lost 4 pound! I am never hungry and have had more energy than I have ever had in my live...even when I was a teenager!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 298/300/160

Height: 5ft 4in

Unhappy I was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtgrrrl View Post
Hi guys n' gals!

I started w/ the First article and graduated to the book to find out more. I did the first 4 days of the article exactly and lost 12 pounds the first 4 days. I also have been weight training as she directed and feel better than I have in a really, really long time. I am going to switch to the book's 8 week plan after this first week. Her logic makes great sense to me and I can't wait to get the to weeks where I can put in my 2 (cheat days). Also, to answer to whey protein question, I can't remember where in the book exactly, but she does address the whey vs soy issue. (sorry I can't remember)...

Anyway, if anyone out there has committed to do this thing, please let me know b/c I'm there with you and I'm going to REALLY go for it! I weighed 252.6 when I started and I weighed 240 this morning.

I've read You on a Diet 3 times and feel like I have a pretty good idea of what happens when food enters our bodies... I decided to try this because it makes perfect sense and it's NOT like Atkins b/c our bodies are always adapting and Atkins has one premise only... don't eat carbs, anything else goes. That couldn't be further from this plan... it's very structured and precise.. there IS a rhyme and reason to what we're eating and which macronutrients are paired with what and when.

Please encourage me and I'll keep you all posted... Good luck to each and everyone of you...
Are you still following this plan? I too saw this article and brought it home and it is still hanging on my fridge!! Doesn't work I guess if you don't follow it!! Anyway I was wondering how it worked for you. I just stepped on the scale to see what my weight was, it has been a while I avoid it like the plague!! Anyway I am up to 300.4 lbs. I just don't know what to do I am desperate and I can't find anything that I feel I can stick to. I am scared at this point that something is going to happen to me if I don't get this under control. Any words of wisdom would be very helpful. Thanks so much, Hilary B
Old 05-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #75  
trytryagain

Default Following Chant program again

I've dropped off here for awhile and I got off program for awhile, too. This plan really does work for me when I use it. It is not unlike other low carb programs, I THINK, although the only one I ever tried in the past was Carb Addicts or something like that. Anyway, for me, cutting carbs does the trick. And I like the carb cycling in this plan after the first week. To answer a previous poster, after the first week, you should not be counting calories, per se, but you should be trying to watch fat intake. I.E. don't just cut carbs and eat everything else, but eat only lower fat high protein foods when you're eating your protein.

Unfortunately, I have to modify my weight loss ribbon as I am back up to 154 pounds. I was at 157 after memorial day, but started week one this week, on Monday, and 4 days later I'm now at 154. I haven't exercised this week, but exercise is always my plan. And definitely also helps me lose when I start getting into the routine.

I post only on this thread because I don't have time to follow other threads. I have looked at a few recipes on 3fatchicks, but this is the thread I'm interested in. There is nothing fishy about this program. It's pretty straightforward, scientifically based, and the book itself is footnoted throughout. I've followed lots of plans in the past, with some success on some of them, but I have concluded that I have, or am near having, metabolic syndrome and low carbs is the route for me.

Love to read other people's posts who are working on weight loss using this program!
Closed Thread