General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 01:57 PM   #31  

Thanks Chynna and Mrs. Jim. I didn't realize there was a book, I thought maybe BFL was off an infomercial. I've got to check out that book! Size 4 jeans Mrs. Jim!! You go girl!!!!

Thanks! I'll check back in!

cc
Old 01-11-2002, 02:25 PM   #32  

Default Thanks

Mrs. Jim,

I did ask TallJen about the eggs and Arby's while I was waiting to hear from you. (you both agreed to the letter! ). I'll pop over there and ask her about a full menu and see what she says. The menu is the hardest part, I think. I've just got to come up with things to have and then plan it out. I got a lot of recipes from the sites and am going to try them out. I'm really hoping to be able to make things the whole family could have (unless the buggers get fast food...which I know now what I can get, too, I guess).

I'll get there. I fully understand that it's a learning process and I might mess up a bit at first, but I'll get it with the help of you and all the great people I'm meeting on L&S and one of the Yahoo groups.

Okay, I'll stick to the free day and try to avoid the bars. Still trying to find a shake that tastes good. I just tried the ESA AdvantEdge drink and it's kinda funny tasting. Any ones you couldn't live without?

Chynna
Old 01-11-2002, 02:30 PM   #33  

Default everyone said it already....

PAM BROWN rocks in Energy! I finally located a copy. I just sent in my subscription card.

Had a great LBW today, raised my poundage on everything. And my trainer (a PhD candidate in exercise science) is giving me a free session in exchange for some research assistance. AND she told me my deadlift form was excellent!

Mrs. Jim I don't know if this would work for you but if there is a local university with a sports fitness program you can enlist a trainer there for very little money. Liz had a decade of experience before she went back to graduate school and is almost as excited about my progress as I am. Her $35 an hour sessions usually last about 180 minutes.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:05 PM   #34  
Uber-Moderator!!

Lisa - I'll have to check into that - didn't think of going to a school. I'm fairly close to Stanford University and you know they have a great sports program. Thanks!

I LOVE those photos of Pam in Energy - she looks so cute. I'm jealous of her being able to get her hubby to start working out - if I could get MY Jim to do it he would be a total stud in 12 weeks, I'm sure! Maybe one of these days...

Chynna - what's your L&S name? I'll have to check yesterday's thread. I haven't tried the AdvantEdge drinks yet, I assume you're referring to the Ready-to-Drinks which are horrid (I tried the Myoplex RTDs early in C1 - GAG!) My absoulte favorite flavor is Myoplex Lite Cappuchino Ice. I swear it tastes like a Starbucks Frappuchino! I believe that GNC sells individual packets of MRPs so you can try out a few and see which one(s) you prefer. If the MRPs don't appeal to you, perhaps you can just get a big ol' tub of protein powder and add fruit to it for a carb when you're making a shake. BTW, the best price I've found for Myo Lite is at www.vitaglo.com. I order other stuff at netrition through the L&S site.

See ya!
Old 01-11-2002, 04:08 PM   #35  
Mel

Default Hello!

Glad the board is back!
Just a few seconds to check in before I have to run out again. Did at KILLER UBWO, that hase left me with woobly legs, and a bad case of the yawns. Stupidly, I agreed to sub in a tennis match at 5:00 for a friend, not really thinking about lifting also. I may have to be scooped of the court and poured into me car, but somehow I'll get thru it. If I don't post tomorrow, it's cause I can't lift my arms enough to type!!!

Chynna- I'm also having all sorts of problems with the food. It sure is hard to fit in 6 meals, and I'm bettin I'm not getting enough protein. Well, there's always another day to work at it.

I checked out 3 gyms in the last two days and think I've found one I like with a trainer who has worked w/ several BFL'ers, and still competes himself. And what a bod at 54! Will probably join that one. Can't seem to do LBWO's at home

mel
Old 01-11-2002, 04:11 PM   #36  

Mrs. Jim,

I was talking about the powder mix it shakes. I don't want to do too many...rather eat real food...but was hoping to find one that didn't taste nasty. I'll try the Myoplex. And I'll sure order through L&S!

Oh, I know, I wish I could get hubby to do this too! He's got one heck of a belly. Why is it that some men will do the health thing and others run for the hills? You should be a total inspiration to your hubby since you've come so far! My hubby won't see such amazing results because I only want to lose about 10-15 lbs and tone way up. Wonder if he'll even notice after all my hard work...

I wanted to use Chynna on L&S but it wouldn't post, so I think it was jcrinc or something.

Chynna
Old 01-11-2002, 04:35 PM   #37  
Uber-Moderator!!

Get in line, I would love my Jim to get on the program too. He's a total stud but is getting a 'belly' on him (he blames it on 'genetics' since his dad had one...but I tend to blame pizza, cookies, etc that he gets here at work - we both work at the same company).

Maybe one of these days...at least he doesn't get that stuff at home except on my Free Day!

Make sure you get Myoplex Lite, not regular Myoplex - as it is more suitable for women (not only that but it's significantly cheaper than regular Myoplex!). I was going to order my MRPs from Netrition through L&S but Vitaglo has such great prices AND free shipping. So what I do is order Udos, glutamine and creatine from Netrition/L&S AND send a monthly donation to L&S through their PayPal link to help keep things running. Netrition does have some really killer deals and a MUCH wider selection than Vitaglo AND if you order a lot of stuff you get freebees - that's how I got my Accu-measure BF calipers for free! If you really want to save $$ on Myo Lite, buy the "Neopolitan Variety Pack" with 42 envelopes. Vitaglo sells it for around $48.99 which is about $1.15 a serving. Cheap meal, huh? I have bought the "Chocolate Lovers Pack" but was less than thrilled with the Chocolate Mint flavor - I'm not really a Mint fan though. And I've never tried the Tropical Variety pack - some of those flavors don't appeal to me at all!
Old 01-11-2002, 05:22 PM   #38  

Mrs. Jim,

Oh, thank you for the tips on saving $. I'm all for that! Do any of those sites accept PayPal as a means of paying?

Chynna
Old 01-11-2002, 05:35 PM   #39  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Hmm, good question!

I don't know about PayPal, but Vitaglo is a Yahoo! merchant. The thing I really love about Yahoo! is the shopping section. You can put all your payment and shipping info into the Yahoo! main shopping site and access it whenever you buy from any of their merchants (even if you don't access it through Yahoo!). It is so cool.

About the security of your information - don't stress about it. If you use a Visa card (debit or credit - it doesn't matter) you are 100% protected against fraud, online or off. Check here http://www.usa.visa.com/personal/secure_with_visa/ for more info (must reading for anyone who is an Internet shopper like me!).

Netrition works the same way, only not thru Yahoo! The first time you order from them you can set up an account with all your payment/shipping info that you can access every time you order from them.

Jim and I have a premier PayPal account as we do quite a bit of buying and selling on eBay (him more than me!).

And I LOVE to save money myself - and more than happy to pass on any tips I come across!
Old 01-11-2002, 06:34 PM   #40  

Thanks, Mrs. Jim. Appreciate it!

Chynna
Closed Thread