General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 07:09 PM   #1  

Default Success with SlimFast #11, 11/12/2001

So, how is everyone doing?

What exercise do you all do?
Old 11-15-2001, 08:30 AM   #2  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Hey, doin ok. I finally got my computer straightened out and then had to find how to enable cookies so I could post to the site!
Not loosin but I am toning and feelin fine! My favorite excfercise is horseback riding. Yesterday I had a great ride and my horse Whiskey was pretty frisky. We saw a lot of deer and took some pictures. If anyone thinks riding is not excersise they need to try it. I usualy ride from 1-2 hours or more. We are loosing too much daylight for long rides latley but the weather here in PA is terriffic. We are still in the 60's! We are supposed to get some snow next week so I guess it has to end sometime but riding in the snow is cool too.
Old 11-26-2001, 05:59 PM   #3  
Simply Noble

Hey where is everyone?

I know the holiday season can be depressing if you are trying to lose weight but don't give up! I am still here looking for you guys and who can I tell that I lost another ten pounds? Sure I have it easy I don't celebrate holidays so have less to tempt me but I still need the support of you guys on this site. I hope you all come back soon. I'm getting lonsome!
Old 11-27-2001, 09:37 AM   #4  

Congrats on your loss.....

This doesn't seem to be a lively thread - I guess we need some ideas to get it moving.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:55 PM   #5  
Simply Noble

I don't know what happened. This used to be a very bussy thread but I don't know if everyone got lost or what. I hope they come back soon.
So how are you doing? I did reply to your question about excersise. I like to horseback ride most but I'm going to see if I can find a place to do some swimming this winter. I really like swimming. It is relaxing and very good excersise. What do you do?
Old 01-05-2002, 02:55 PM   #6  
kmk

Help!
I just decided to start with Slimfast and could use advice on making this program work. I bought the shakes-now what?
Old 01-05-2002, 09:08 PM   #7  
Simply Noble

Hi kmk nice to meet you. It was getting lonley in here.
Well to begin with you need a scedual that will work for you. I used to work nights so I had a shake for breakfast and dinner and a regular meal for lunch. It keeps you from having to go all day without a food meal and you don't have the heavy food in your stomach at night. Also having a snack in between tose meals before you get hungary is key. Have a piece of fruit for one snack and maby a Slimfast snack bar for the other. Also drink lots of water.
When I first started I peed a lot but I think is was just that I had so much water retention from being inactive. It does not last forever. Also it is hard at first to stay on the scedual so if you can don't keep any unhealthey food around to tempt you. Big thing is to treat yourself. I have one day a week of whatever I want to eat within reason. Stop eating when you are full!
Carbs will make you hungry again soon so keep the pasta, rice and potatoes down and eat lots of veggies. When I did this I noticed I felt much better. You need some carbs for brain funtion but you get a lot of them in Slimfast so watch it with you meal.
I take ideas from several diet but the Slimfast is the main thing for me because it is easy and convienient for work.
This plan works especially well for someone who is bussy as you don't notice the not "eating food" as much. Have the meal when you are the longest inactive and the shakes when you are the most bussy and you won't realy notice that you are hugary.
I started this diet just as a way to have something fast and easy for work lunches and was thrilled to find myself loosing weight. I am loosing it very slowly because I don't want to just lose weight but change my whole lifestyle. This means more excersise too. So far I have lost 3 pant sizes. About 60 pounds. Of course I have also discovered that you can't always trust the scale!
Sometimes the muscle you are gaining surpasses the fat you are loosing and you might think you are gaining weight. TRUST THE PANTS!
Hope this book helps please stay with it. I'll be here to help if you need me.
Old 01-05-2002, 10:42 PM   #8  
kmk

Cowgirl-
Thank you for responding. I need all the support I can get. I've been down this road so many times before and I know the one thing that kept me going was having support from those who are also dealing with the frustration of weight loss and lifestyle change. I've got fifty pounds to lose and its going to take a while so I hope you and others on Slimfast will be there. I also am rather busy so I tend to eat mindlessly or as a comfort against the stress. Sometimes its so hard being an adult but that's no excuse for not taking care of myself. I hope this time is THE ONE!

TTFN
-KMK
Old 01-07-2002, 04:10 PM   #9  
Simply Noble

KMK, You can deffinatly do this! I lost over 50 pounds in about a year. I needed to loose 170 when I started. and am now down to needing about 110. I have had some setbacks but am not giving up. I love how much better I feel since loosing the 60 I have lost. I actually lost 75 but the last 15 don't seem to want to stay gone. I am starting today with using a sugar substitute in my coffee to see if it helps. I found one that actually tastes realy good.
I seem to have trouble with loosing in the winter. This happened last year also. I know I'll make up for it this summer though. I want to go to some parks to hike and do more horseback riding. I love to do things outdoors but not in winter! Too cold. Hope you are having some success. Give it time if you don't notice a change immediatly, although I think I notice in about a month that I was deffinatly loosing. Keep and eye on your pants-o-meter!
Old 01-07-2002, 07:16 PM   #10  

Welcome KMK and good to hear from you Cowgirl.

Cowgirl Did you do Slimfast twice a day to lose your 50 pounds?

I will check here everyday if you do????

I read in a magazine that SlimFast isn't a "complete" food so you have to have fruit and vegies too. Have you ever heard that?

I like having the bar for lunch - easy and I don't have to haul containers around. I also have a shake for breakfast which, again, is easy. What do you two do?
Old 01-08-2002, 10:20 AM   #11  
kmk

Good Morning-

I just started on Saturday so I'm no expert when it comes to this plan. So far I'm doing 2 shakes a day. I try to get creative with 1 of them so it isn't so tedious-Idon't need any excuses for giving up! I've found the vanilla shakes are great in the blender with fruit. I have a mug with freezer gel in it that I let it sit in for a while.If I'm patient(ha!), it turns into the consistency of frozen yogurt and takes some time to finish and seems like I'm getting dessert for lunch. I'm also trying to be good about having those snacks in between meals. I avoid the bars because I'm afraid I'll start getting comfortable with the idea of eating candy bars.

Hope all is well for both of you and that we can get each other through this.

TTFN
-KMK
Old 01-08-2002, 08:16 PM   #12  

So far today I have had a SlimFast shake for breakfast and a bar for lunch. Work was hectic and I didn't get my snack in. I just got home and it's 7:14PM. Trying to decide what to eat that isn't too heavy for this late at night and to stay away from anything that might make me gorge myself.

KMK Do you use the powders? I have some but have been using the canned Slimfast. I didn't want any excuse for not having one for breakfast.
Old 01-08-2002, 11:16 PM   #13  
Simply Noble

Hey gals! Lady so glad to have you back!
I lost the majority of my weight doing the shakes twice a day. Sometimes I mix it up and have a shake one meal and a bar the other. I have mostly been using one a day recently and been holding but not really loosing much. I gotta get back on track after a long pause.
As to the fruit I try to have a large helping of veggies for my meal and cut back on the pasta, rice, or whatever. I also have fruit as one of my snacks.
kmk, think of having the bar as a way of having a candy bar but only for lunch and it's good for you! Actually I have recently been eating the Power bar Harvest bars and the Jenny Craig bars. They taste much better than Slimfast bars. Also if you are near a walmart they have a Sams Club version of the shakes that are a bit cheaper and just as tasty.
Old 01-09-2002, 07:31 PM   #14  

I went and got another weeks supply of SlimFast. I do like the drink for breakfast but a bar for lunch - I think it's the chewing I need then.

I have surprised myself that I have done this for almost a week and seem to like it...who knew!

How are you doing?

I have to go out to eat Friday but have already decided on the fish so it shouldn't be too overly much.

Now to start some exercise....
Old 01-11-2002, 11:28 PM   #15  

Please go to thread #12.
Closed Thread