General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 12:16 AM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Hairdos for Fatchicks

Any suggestions for how to wear hair for chubby faces? I looked in a plus sized magazine and it was all matronly or long and pulled up.

I have short hair - about 3 inches long all over and I am trying to grow it out to about shoulder length. Right now my hair is a MESS. It is too long to spike and too short to pull up.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:05 AM   #2  
it's always something

Good question! I don't have any suggestions, though, you know what my hair looks like! I'm afraid to get it done. I think every hairdresser in Tennessee studied at the Loretta Lyne School of Beauty I ALWAYS come out looking like a country western singer from the 70s.

Have you thought about going curly? http://www.beautifulhairstyles.com/ Scroll down to the pic of Chrstina Aguilera, and her short curls. I think something like that would look good on you, though you'd need to grow it out more
Old 09-19-2004, 10:11 AM   #3  
I lose I win

no clue sry, i dont really have a chubby face its rather barrow, so i just do lots of dif hairstyles
Old 09-19-2004, 10:50 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

I feel for you, Loretta. In my growing out stage I went from Rodney Dangerfield to Yugioh (says Cody).
The haircut looks great on Christina, but on me, ridiculous. It's a little too poofy.
Maybe something like that, but not quite so enthusiastic. I've thought about doing the long curly do in my avatar again. I think that is why my avatar isn't updated with the current hair. I miss my old hair, but it was too high maintenence. Oh yeah, that is another requirement. I need to be able to fix it in one minute or less! Maybe I'll just razor it all over again.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:42 PM   #5  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile To Do or Not to Do

Hello Spike, Loretta, and yearnin!

I've been looking into this very thing myself, since I'm long overdue for a haircut and also have changed shape since losing a bit of weight. (My last [paid for] haircut was before I started to live on plan in March, so my hair is just CRAZY now. I've just been hacking away at my bangs so I can see!) What I've read is that for a chubby face, the recommended do involves layers and a shorter length, so that you don't have too much volume on the sides, and also so your neck isn't lost altogether. It's supposed to give a "lightening" impression.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:40 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Kinda like these? From left to right, numbers 1,2,3 and 7.

http://www.sho.com/site/lword/home.do
Old 09-19-2004, 10:08 PM   #7  
I climb mountains!

Yeah! Kinda like those! And thanks for that link -- I was wondering when that show was coming back on!

Have you come to any decisions, or are you still in the investigative phase of the decision-making process?
Old 09-19-2004, 10:32 PM   #8  
WW Moderator

No decisions yet...I'm thinking about just going to my hairdresser and say DO SOMETHING! She knows me enough by now that I don't want anything too conservative. I had long hair for so long. I went with a picture of Sharon Osbourne and came out looking like Princess Diana. Love her, not her 1986 hair. We wound up going back 3 days in a row until we got it right. I was going for the Joy Behar look, but I think that will be just a little too much primping for me.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:13 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

How about a mullet ?

Short around the ears, not poofy and long in the back. What ever you do, DO NOT get a Mo cut or is that bowl cut.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:46 AM   #10  
WW Moderator

MULLET! Leave it to you to come up with that one. I actually used to have one, kinda. It wasn't really one. But my curly hair was short on top and longer in back. It didn't even look like one, but I suppose technically it could have been one. As soon as I realized it, I grew it all out. Do you think people with mullets know what they're called, and how much people make fun of them? I have to say the day I realized what one was and noticed my slightly unbalanced hair, things changed. How come there's still tons of them, including on my ex-husband? Do people not care?
Old 09-21-2004, 09:54 AM   #11  
I climb mountains!

Ignorance truly is bliss.

Mullets! I'll be chuckling about this for the rest of the day....it's the small pleasures, really.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:25 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. You know I had that Do in the 80's and never realized it until a few years ago. I just had the hair cut around my ears so I could show off my double ear piercings...sheesh

Ignorance truly is bliss <--- you ain't kidding

How about some dreadlocks

http://www.lamasbeauty.com/beauty/fl...face_print.htm

http://sheknows.com/about/look/2280.htm

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip464.htm
Old 09-21-2004, 02:52 PM   #13  
I climb mountains!

I think dreads are cool! Those were great links, Leenie -- thanks for sharing them!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:00 PM   #14  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC
I went with a picture of Sharon Osbourne and came out looking like Princess Diana.
Look at my avatar... I went in with a pic of Jennifer Aniston!!

Great links, Leenie!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

So you'd like to go flat (straight) then, right? Is that your picture to the left there? (you're a cutie! ) My brother's GF straightened my hair when they came down for a visit (with a flat iron doohickey) and I really liked it. Made me feel all sexy and slim...so maybe you should go straight. It took her a good 25 minutes to straighten my hair though because it's so thick. Good luck in whatever you decide
Closed Thread