General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #31  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystreak View Post
Can I just say lipsuction is a horrible idea. We've studied it in class and It has almost NO health benefits at all (I mean seriously almost no improvement) and same goes for weight - makes you lose very little weight. All your left with are surgery scars and possible complications down the road.
You don't get lipo for health benefits... any reputable plastic surgeon will tell you that... It's for purely aesthetic reasons.... and as far as "surgery scars" well with today's newer procedures that's pretty much a non issue...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystreak View Post
Can I just say lipsuction is a horrible idea. We've studied it in class and It has almost NO health benefits at all (I mean seriously almost no improvement) and same goes for weight - makes you lose very little weight. All your left with are surgery scars and possible complications down the road.
I'm very healthy as is and definitely not interested in it to lose weight or become healthier. I just want a flatter belly- it's purely vanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
You don't get lipo for health benefits... any reputable plastic surgeon will tell you that... It's for purely aesthetic reasons.... and as far as "surgery scars" well with today's newer procedures that's pretty much a non issue...
Yes exactly this...I don't need to lose more weight at this point. That's exactly the issue...I'm a healthy weight now and I still have a round stomach. It will always be round because of my body composition unless I get ridiculously skinny again (to the point of beind technically slightly underweight) and I'm not willing to do that.

Last edited by CabernetKitty; 02-25-2013 at 07:29 PM.
CabernetKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I have no problems with plastic surgery. I am planning on getting a TT when I'm done.

In my case, lipo would be pointless. Make sure you won't end up with lose skin after the procedure.

I'm not sure how much it cost but it has to be quite some money... have you actually tried to do all kinds of set ups for a good period of time? The reason why I ask, is because lipo will take the fat away, but eventually, if you are not dedicated it WILL come back, and you will be exactly at the same place where you were before minus the $$$.
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

I would never get liposuction... In my situation, I only need to lose about 25 more pounds before I'm finally happy with my weight, so I'll just keep treading along till I reach goal. I'm in it for a lifestyle change, not to just lose the fat and go back to my old eating habits and unhealthy lifestyle!

On the other hand, if it's just plastic surgery in general, yes I would get them. Not anything DRASTIC... but I really want a nose job, lol. Will most likely get it done this year. I can't think of any other surgery I would get though.

Last edited by Bloopers; 02-26-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #35  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Put Me Down For A Definite Yes!

As long as a person is finding a way to fund it privately (paying for themselves or having someone else willing to pay) I find Nothing wrong with it in the Least!

I think I work hard ...so if I decide I want to have surgery So Be It!

If you feel you could benefit from some surgical interventions . Go For It!

I am in the process on. Looking into a Tummy Tuck with Liposuction if necessary and whatever else I need !

I Need the 100,000 Mile Overhaul !

I want the complete Transformation...want to look good in or out of clothes.

My Husband feels it is my Body and I should do what I think is best! Know there was a reason I married him... He loves me Skinny,Fat or Now at Goal weight with a Belly that looks like a deflated balloon.

If you have a Hemangioma on your face would you tell a person just leave it ! It's vain to remove it ! I think not !
We all get to paint are our picture. I won't tell you what to paint on your canvas .. So allow me the same..without saying It 's vanity .
Good Maintenance and Keeping up the curb appeal!
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 277.8/250.8/175

Height: 5' 6.5"

I don't know if I would have that done. I do know that when I get to my goal I want to have some skin removed, a breast reduction (or at least have them put back up here, where they belong) and my bladder tacked. There are some other things I would like but I'll feel bad enough about taking that much out of my families budget!
jillbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #37  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

No, I am super-handsome. But big. We can work on the big bit.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #38  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

If I weren't such a scary cat (or so broke), I'd get a tummy tuck. About 15 lbs away from my goal, I can tell there's going to be lots of loose skin thanks to being overweight for so many years, especially while growing? Will I actually ever do it? Not anytime soon, but maybe be when I'm older!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #39  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I don't think I would do liposuction, except for maybe in the thigh area, because I am disproportionately pear-shaped and have very large, droopy inner thighs.

However, I would very likely consider getting a tummy tuck if I have the loose skin I am fearfully expecting when I reach my goal weight. I'd even consider a slight breast augmentation, but that will probably never be in my budget. Admittedly, I would worry about being perceived as fake, but - in reality - I just want a little more balance in my shape. I would never do anything drastic...probably a single cup size up just to "fill them in" a bit.

That's about it. Surgery scares me too much to consider much else, lol.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #40  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

I would never, ever consider plastic surgery unless it was reconstructive (severe burns, breast cancer, etc.). IMO, the money would be better spent on counseling to help you process and overcome the feeling that you need to achieve an unnatural ideal and learn to love your body the way it is.

While I obviously support the right of any consenting adult to modify their body as they see fit, I have difficulty seeing literally cutting up your body to conform to a warped societal ideal of 'beauty' as anything other than self-loathing, self-harming, and anti-feminist.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #41  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by merilung View Post
I would never, ever consider plastic surgery unless it was reconstructive (severe burns, breast cancer, etc.). IMO, the money would be better spent on counseling to help you process and overcome the feeling that you need to achieve an unnatural ideal and learn to love your body the way it is.

While I obviously support the right of any consenting adult to modify their body as they see fit, I have difficulty seeing literally cutting up your body to conform to a warped societal ideal of 'beauty' as anything other than self-loathing, self-harming, and anti-feminist.
Holy sweet niblets. Do you feel better now?

The things I could say...

I hope you, or any other "feminists" don't pluck your eyebrows or other forms of self-mutilation to fit beauty standards. Do you buy clothing that shapes you in ways you can't create with your own form? Tattoos, piercings or modifications? Are feminists now entirely devoid of anything on or near their bodies that would reflect the current beauty trends? After all my Women's Study classes, I must have missed the memo about choice and acceptance except when you don't agree...

I refuse to play out your superiority complex right now, but maybe it would be wise to evaluate your own self-loathing before projecting it onto others.

I'm just going back to the kitchen to clean and think about how I can serve my family and The Lord tomorrow. If that doesn't give you nightmares, I don't know what will! I could always tell you the story of how my chauvinist husband drugged me and kidnapped me, taking me to get a boob job in a dark back alley. Sure the knife was rusty and the "doctor" was the Wal-Mart greeter....but they look fantastic now! I still fight my addiction to the meth they gave me for pain, though... Once I realized that my life had been magically changed to rainbows and sunshine through the addition of silicone, well, i just couldn't help myself! I had to run right home and make hubby a birthday cake in my birthday suit and feed it to him while he watched football and smoked a cigar. I reflected on this, while using my breasts to hold the pretzel bowl, and decided that next year I want a tummy tuck, but only if the feminists say I can.

Last edited by ChickieChicks; 03-01-2013 at 11:20 PM.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #42  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
Holy sweet niblets. Do you feel better now?

The things I could say...

I hope you, or any other "feminists" don't pluck your eyebrows or other forms of self-mutilation to fit beauty standards. Do you buy clothing that shapes you in ways you can't create with your own form? Tattoos, piercings or modifications? Are feminists now entirely devoid of anything on or near their bodies that would reflect the current beauty trends? After all my Women's Study classes, I must have missed the memo about choice and acceptance except when you don't agree...

I refuse to play out your superiority complex right now, but maybe it would be wise to evaluate your own self-loathing before projecting it onto others.

I'm just going back to the kitchen to clean and think about how I can serve my family and The Lord tomorrow. If that doesn't give you nightmares, I don't know what will! I could always tell you the story of how my chauvinist husband drugged me and kidnapped me, taking me to get a boob job in a dark back alley. Sure the knife was rusty and the "doctor" was the Wal-Mart greeter....but they look fantastic now! I still fight my addiction to the meth they gave me for pain, though... Once I realized that my life had been magically changed to rainbows and sunshine through the addition of silicone, well, i just couldn't help myself! I had to run right home and make hubby a birthday cake in my birthday suit and feed it to him while he watched football and smoked a cigar. I reflected on this, while using my breasts to hold the pretzel bowl, and decided that next year I want a tummy tuck, but only if the feminists say I can.
Woah, back up the defensiveness a little, friend. I explicitly went out of my way to point out that I support the right of any consenting adult to modify their body as they see fit, even when the reasoning behind it is hard for me to swallow. My personal discomfort with plastic surgery in no way restricts the choices of those who disagree with me. I don't think it's impossible to be a feminist and also have plastic surgery, though I do view the plastic surgery industry itself as anti-feminist, so perhaps I should have made that clearer.

Eyebrow plucking, tattoos, and piercings are all in a completely different ballpark, IMO. Eyebrow plucking, unlike surgery, carries zero risk of serious complications, and you'd be pretty hard pressed to argue that tattoos and piercings (also both much less risky than cosmetic surgery) are often done so that one can fit into patriarchal beauty standards.

My issue with plastic surgery is that I have a difficult time seeing it as a truly free choice - I mean, if plastic surgery is such a desirable option for everyone, why the heck are 90% of cosmetic plastic surgery patients female? If society didn't demand that women have full, pert breasts, flat (and stretch-mark free, even after giving birth!) stomachs, slender thighs, full lips, a certain type of nose, etc. I highly doubt so many women would be going under the knife. The marketing of cosmetic surgery revolves around the idea that a woman's natural body is not okay as it is, and that is messed up.

Last edited by merilung; 03-02-2013 at 02:00 AM.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #43  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by merilung View Post
Woah, back up the defensiveness a little, friend. I explicitly went out of my way to point out that I support the right of any consenting adult to modify their body as they see fit, even when the reasoning behind it is hard for me to swallow. My personal discomfort with plastic surgery in no way restricts the choices of those who disagree with me. I don't think it's impossible to be a feminist and also have plastic surgery, though I do view the plastic surgery industry itself as anti-feminist, so perhaps I should have made that clearer.

Eyebrow plucking, tattoos, and piercings are all in a completely different ballpark, IMO. Eyebrow plucking, unlike surgery, carries zero risk of serious complications, and you'd be pretty hard pressed to argue that tattoos and piercings (also both much less risky than cosmetic surgery) are often done so that one can fit into patriarchal beauty standards.

My issue with plastic surgery is that I have a difficult time seeing it as a truly free choice - I mean, if plastic surgery is such a desirable option for everyone, why the heck are 90% of cosmetic plastic surgery patients female? If society didn't demand that women have full, pert breasts, flat (and stretch-mark free, even after giving birth!) stomachs, slender thighs, full lips, a certain type of nose, etc. I highly doubt so many women would be going under the knife. The marketing of cosmetic surgery revolves around the idea that a woman's natural body is not okay as it is, and that is messed up.
I'm sorry but even this "disclaimer" comes across as condescending since you are obviously still passing judgement...

And I'm sorry... but when you suggest to women who are considering plastic surgery that their "money would be better spent on "counseling"..." that really does come across as not only self-righteous, but rather demeaning as well... not to mention the overall judgmental tone of your post in general... It really does sound a bit "holier than thou"
Old 03-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

My two cents...granted, I am very very overweight, but lipo does not solve the fat cell problem.

I had lipo done two years ago when I had a breast reduction. The lipo was part of the surgery, FWIW, and I was not doing it for cosmetic purposes but for pain relief as my breasts were too large to allow me to comfortably move, much less work out (we are talking JJJ).

Anyways, the lipo was a very small amount, 6.23 pounds was mammory tissue and only .27 was fatty tissue. But my god! My underarm area looked GREAT! (that's where most of the lipo took place.)

Fast forward to current day...I have been slowly losing weight, not gaining. But my underarm area has acquired that wonderful fat again. I only found out afterwards that fat returning after lipo is VERY common. I also discovered that it is more likely to happen if you are doing it for cosmetic purposes as you are not altering your diet in anyway. Do what I didn't do...educate yourself. Oh...and it is INSANELY painful!!!!! I have had more surgeries than I care to admit and by far, that was the WORST!!! The area they lipo-ed burned well into two months!!!
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #45  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
My two cents...granted, I am very very overweight, but lipo does not solve the fat cell problem.

I had lipo done two years ago when I had a breast reduction. The lipo was part of the surgery, FWIW, and I was not doing it for cosmetic purposes but for pain relief as my breasts were too large to allow me to comfortably move, much less work out (we are talking JJJ).

Anyways, the lipo was a very small amount, 6.23 pounds was mammory tissue and only .27 was fatty tissue. But my god! My underarm area looked GREAT! (that's where most of the lipo took place.)

Fast forward to current day...I have been slowly losing weight, not gaining. But my underarm area has acquired that wonderful fat again. I only found out afterwards that fat returning after lipo is VERY common. I also discovered that it is more likely to happen if you are doing it for cosmetic purposes as you are not altering your diet in anyway. Do what I didn't do...educate yourself. Oh...and it is INSANELY painful!!!!! I have had more surgeries than I care to admit and by far, that was the WORST!!! The area they lipo-ed burned well into two months!!!
Actually the doctor that I saw warned me about this specifically and told me if I were to gain back 10lbs that I would notice the fat in other places... and that I might not be to happy with that... so he said it would be best if I were at weight that I could comfortably maintain within a 5lb range... with diet and exercise... So since I still haven't decided what my "ultimate" goal weight should be... I'm 5'9" and have weighed between 127lbs and 148lbs comfortably as an adult before letting my weight get completely out of control and go up to almost 180lbs... I've decided to wait for now and see where my weight "settles" before I go ahead...