General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
I also play a lot of Kingdom of Loathing. Anyone else on there? I used to play a long time ago, but I came back recently and started a new account and I'm finally getting the hang of it... I think I'm on my 4th or 5th hardcore ascension in a row, and I'm trying to collect trophies. I'm in one of those huge impersonal clans and I never really interact with them.
I used to play Kingdom of Loathing. I thought it was very funny and entertaining. I just didn't stick with it.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Serval87 - Happy to see another Silent Hiller! CHERYL?! Hehe, always makes me laugh for the terrible voice acting! Do you take notice of the music from the games? Akira Yamaoka is one of my favourite musicians, the soundtrack to SH2 is one of my favourite albums ever.
Silent Hill completely freaked me out!! It made me realize that I'm not a huge fan of some horror games. First off, I could not get a hang of combat on the game and spent the majority of the game trying to run away from creatures in terror. I'm so used to blasting everything to bits. When I got to the elementary school I "convinced" myself that the child zombies were just "monkeys" so I didn't have to think about the horror of it. You would think I would just stop playing it right? But NO I just HAD to try to save Cheryl. I slogged through the entire game to put closure to the story. I usually hate spoilers, but I made my hubbie tell me what to do to get the best possible ending. No more Silent Hill for me!
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #93  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

And they say there are no females on the interwebs. LOL.

I play mostly PC games, but my system is getting on in age and won't be able to support the good stuff much longer. So far I've done WoW, Guild Wars, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock, and a few others I quickly dropped since they were boring. I also have a Wii, and had an Xbox years ago.

Just finished ME2 and was blown away by the beauty of the game. Loved it in spite of the painfully long load screens.

Latest purchase is Michael Jackson Experience for Wii. AWESOME game, if you like to dance. It's been very responsive, and I've done much better than I expected I would. Whoo Hoo. *grabs crotch*

wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #94  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Yay! *does happy geek girl dance*

I'm a computer science major, of course I game lol.

SNES and Sega forever. And Sims. Myst. The 11th hour.

More recently I play my games through Steam: Left4Dead 1 & 2, Torchlight, Portal 1 and 2, Civ 4. I'm really intrigued by Bioshock Rapture. I just picked up Borderlands for like $8 through Steam today.

Last edited by patchymama; 06-30-2011 at 08:54 PM.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:06 AM   #95  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renwomin View Post
Silent Hill completely freaked me out!! It made me realize that I'm not a huge fan of some horror games. First off, I could not get a hang of combat on the game and spent the majority of the game trying to run away from creatures in terror. I'm so used to blasting everything to bits. When I got to the elementary school I "convinced" myself that the child zombies were just "monkeys" so I didn't have to think about the horror of it. You would think I would just stop playing it right? But NO I just HAD to try to save Cheryl. I slogged through the entire game to put closure to the story. I usually hate spoilers, but I made my hubbie tell me what to do to get the best possible ending. No more Silent Hill for me!
Awww. You really should play the second one. It's SO much scarier! And it has this wonderfully dark, psychological story that will haunt you! Oh, and the monsters are better IMO. I love the mutants, how they're so grotesque and how you don't really know what's going on with them. Oh, and then there's Pyramid-Head. I'll let you decide if that sounds terrifying or not.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #96  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Gahhh, Silent Hill 2...that game gave me such fantastic chills!

I remember playing it in a darkened room after midnight (yeah, big mistake there ) and going through some maze-like portion. No monsters, just twists and turns and the grinding industrial music. Rounded a bend and there was ol' Pyramid Head himself. I felt this wave of such cold fear that I felt my little shaved leg-hairs trying desperately to stand up. Scariest moment I've ever had in a game!

I really should replay it.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:20 AM   #97  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I remember playing SH2 with my boyfriend on a massive TV in the dark at night, sometimes we would actually SCREAM "AHHHHOMGOMGOMGPYRAMIDHEADHE'SCOMINGTOKILLYOUAHHHH H" it was such a great experience! Would recommend that game to anyone who doubts the survival horror games!! The story is so good too, simple but so effective.

The only facebook game you need is Robot Unicorn. Oh. Yes.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

I have an older brother so he introduced me to gaming when I was little, and I've loved it ever since.

I love love love FPS's like Counter Strike (1.6 no Source rubbish ) Half Life, Quake 2+3, L4D 1+2. Especially when playing online or with a group of friends.

I've played Tomb Raider since like 1998, Tomb Raider 1 was my first ever console game<3. Love the whole series except Revelations which is a little meh. Really psyched for the new release next year! The 2010 Co-op TR is a really good laugh when played with a friend Probably TR2 and TR:Anniversary are my faves overall.

Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3! <3

Silent Hill (1,2) I really struggle to play these 2 still, they're so weird and jumpy but really engrossing hehe/Resident Evil (1,2,3)

Crash Bandicoot series/Croc/Final Fantasy 8,9,10/Grant Theft Auto series

I definitely tend to still prefer the Playstation 1/2 games, the gameplay and stories are just much more captivating in my opinion. I dont have a PS3, not overly bothered about it, but I would love an Xbox 360. I can't really justify it though, since I have a pretty beastly PC which I use for the newer game releases

Last edited by serendipity907; 07-05-2011 at 06:32 AM.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #99  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Height: 5'9

Video games! Ah, how I love them. I'm an attempting to recover MMO addict, mainly WoW but I played a few others (namely Aion and Rift). My husband and I would play them way too much, to the point where we'd constantly be putting stuff off to play them. Now I'm focusing more on the Sims 3, I've been a huge fan of the Sims since Sims 1. I'm also a huge Zelda dork, the 64 ones are still my favorites. I like some other console games too but I don't play them as much anymore, anything RPGish sucks me in. As a recovering MMO addict I try to stay away from games more than I used to, it's too easy for me to substitute some other game into that void. >.>
Skittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I play, far too much TF2, L4D 1+2, bioshock 1+2, f.e.a.r series, half-life series, garry's mod, fallout 3 + NV, elder scrolls, doom, quake, portal, you name it..
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #101  
meant awkward* ....-_-;;

S/C/G: 400+/??/150

Height: 5' 9"

I play xbox. my gamertag is: l ZombieQueen l. Feel free to add me. I am on alot. I play CoD: Black Ops, CoD: MW2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2.
MissAkward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:10 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 416/363/230

My husband is more of a gamer than I am. He plays WoW, we both play CoH, we're probably the only ones here who play CoH..sigh. Wish I had more friends there..they all pretty much left over time.
My husband wants me to play with him and I love the game but alas...i can't sit there for hours on end....ugh.
I'd love to play Silent Hill..it looks aweeeeesome!!!! I love scary stuff! Woo! I will have to look into that!
Looking4Me2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Here is a game we should all try to get addicted to:

http://www.fitocracy.com/

It's kind of like a real life RPG where you level up your character by exercising. There are achievements and challenges and stuff!
AnonymouslyYours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:55 AM   #104  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouslyYours View Post
Here is a game we should all try to get addicted to:

http://www.fitocracy.com/

It's kind of like a real life RPG where you level up your character by exercising. There are achievements and challenges and stuff!
Have you tried it? Is it fun? I always sign up for things and then realise I'm never going to use it so thought I'd ask! And it says you need an invite? =S
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Have you tried it? Is it fun? I always sign up for things and then realise I'm never going to use it so thought I'd ask! And it says you need an invite? =S
I like it. It emphasizes weight lifting, which most girls don't do enough of, so I think it's great for that. I am also a pretty active poster in a thread on this forum called Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp, and several of the other posters in that thread have started using it and we are challenging each other and stuff, so now I am using it more. So I would say if you are going to have other people on there, it's worth signing up, and that this is the perfect forum on which to find friends with whom you could play. If you want an invite and think you'll use it, PM your email and I'll invite you.
AnonymouslyYours is offline   Reply With Quote