General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

I've eaten entire bags of chips a few times. I've never eaten a whole pizza in one sitting, but I have on a few occassions eaten a medium pizza throughout the day.

And now that a lot of restaurants have the calorie contents of their meals posted, I look back on some of the meals I've previously eaten at places like Applebees or whatever, and am pretty appalled.
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Pre-Binge Eating disorder:

The worst meal I ate was when I was in a small town south of Adelaide, Australia. The restaurant in my hotel was closed for renovations, the grocery store closed at 5pm (it was 5:30pm) and there were no other restaurants in town. My only option was the petrol station. I had a package of TimTams, Doritos and a Coke for dinner.

I started binging about 6 months after returning to the States:

I had a whole medium pizza and more than half a box of breadsticks and one of those microwave brownie bowls (before they had the mini 150 cal ones). I believe I finished the breadsticks a few hours later too. I've eaten massive quantities of pizza by myself on many occassions.

Another time, I had JUST eaten a hamburger meal from Wendy's, when a friend called and asked if I wanted to go to Chili's with her. Instead of saying I'd already eaten, or just getting something light, I got the chicken ranch sandwhich, fries and 3 margaritas. Oh, and we had chips and salsa as an appetizer. Yeah, that one ended up making me throw up. I said it was because I was drunk, but it was all the food!

Ugh, my binging was sooooo out of control.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 02-15-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

A couple of weeks ago, I finished off two big packs of potato chips, a pack of Hershey's kisses and a liter of orange soda without really thinking about it because I was too absorbed with what I was watching on TV. It wasn't that fun later.
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #34  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

When I first saw the subject of this thread, I thought it was "worst meal" as in absolutely nasty food. I was served (and ate a few bites of, which was MORE than enough) rotten sushi once. It was wretched.

But, worst as in biggest, most opposite of on-plan, unhealthiest, shameful meals....wow, that's a toughie. There are several that come to mind. There are whole days that blend into one big meal/binge.

- Whole pizzas
- Several plates of Chinese buffet. Once I seriously paid for two buffets to-go as if I were getting one for myself and another person. They'd give you a restaurant take home box and two cups. I filled both take out boxes and all four cups to the brims (while sneaking bites at the buffet), went home and ate it all.
- I made a whole Betty Crocker cake with frosting and devoured the whole thing on one sitting right out of the pan.
- I've eaten whole bags of fun-size candy bars or other such things in one sitting.
- Whole batches of cookies

Etc etc etc. Those are some of the more shamefully shocking that come to mind, but there are so many more. Some are just disgusting by the sheer amount of normal food I've put away in one "meal." Often at buffets or parties where people don't realize how many plates I've eaten.

While I'm on the subject...I've done some really shameful and downright gross things to devour nasty food. I've picked "perfectly good food" out of the trash can right after people throw it away after a meal when nobody's looking. I've walked through the candy aisle looking for open packages so I could sneak some. I've made dinner plans with different friends on the same night so I could eat multiple meals. I've done laps around Walmart to grab bakery samples without being so overtly obvious.

Ugh....God I'm pathetic, lol. One day at a time, it can only get better from where I have been.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #35  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

There was a weekend this past fall where I went away with some friends and we lived in a little cabin for a day and a night. We had no real food, just some bulk sized bags of potato chips, chocolate covered pretzels, chicken, and gigantic muffins. We mowed through almost all of it and all felt really sick for a few days afterward, but I never admitted to them that at no point did I feel full. I could have kept going indefinitely.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #36  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Well, the worst meal in my life I had in Spain. It was a quiche-like thing with rotten fish in it. I didn't even know it contained fish. I had one bite and was sick for three months!!! Yuck. Still can't touch fish or seafood. The body remembers.

In terms of calories... a recent mishap was one of those huge Hershey kisses. I ate it all at once. I actually don't even like Hershey's chocolate and I felt really nauseous afterwards. I won't do that again!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

One of the grossest things I have ever eaten was dinner my boyfriend made for me. He said he got the recipe from his mom. Corn tortillas, about 2 pounds of chesse, tomato paste, tomato soup, canned roast beef all mixed together to make enchiladas. It was disgusting.

As for the most food I've ever eaten....man...I would make a stop at burger king and get a burger, chicken sandwhich and fries and then head straight to my moms house just to eat more food there.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 280/see tracker/200

Height: 5'5"

I lived alone during my senior year of college (no worries about roomates judging my food lol). I would buy those cream cakes from Kroger and eat the whole thing in a night. I didn't really think about it....it kept me awake to study. Blegh....

I also go out to eat a lot with friends and while i've had some doozies of a meal, I think of one particular one at The Cheesecake Factory that involved sharing a few appetizers, an entree (if you've been to the cheesecake factory you know how big the entrees are), and my own slice of cheesecake. I can imagine that meal being 3000 + calories, not including the alcohol involved.
somethingnew912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:44 AM   #39  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

/I've eaten a whole medium pizza to myself before. Both me and my friend actually each ate a medium pizza each that night. While watching Supersize Me.

Talk about sad.
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:27 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

When I got to my worst with bingeing and purging it was SO embarrassing what I could and would eat in a binge. I would go to taco bell and get a quesadilla meal with the taco and coke, a nacho bel grande, a chalupa and a grilled stuffed burrito (or the equivalent to all of that) , or I would go to jack in the box and get a sour dough burger meal (large size fries and coke), a large jalapeno popper, a large mozzarella stick, a jumbo jack and a shake, or I would go to wendy's and spend like $15 eating only things from the $1 menu... that was a ton of food. I would then go to the drug store and get at least one bag of chips and a large bag of chocolates or other candy. I would eat and eat until I couldn't stand it anymore then I would get rid of it. At my lowest point with the bulimia, I was doing this almost every day. It is so sad that I put my body through that!! It is embarrassing but I think it is a good thing to acknowledge because it is something I went through... not where I am now(and it is somewhere I will never be again!).

Funny thing is that now if I eat just one whopper jr without mayo from burger king , with no fries, I am full. I don't think I could even finish a meal deal now if I tried...

Last edited by southernbelle102; 02-03-2011 at 03:27 AM.
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:02 AM   #41  

Height: 5'7

Three way tie between eating 1 large pizza in one sitting, eating 3 big macs with fries in one sitting and eating 2 medium pizzas in one sitting. Tasted soooo good at the time but looking back, WOW! Smh.
The Chubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #42  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Worst mental reaction to a food occurred on a business trip to S. Korea. We had a magnificent meal, chock full of every delicacy that could be offered. I tried everything - I love variety and strong flavors. My world (and stomach) was rocked by a very, very gently steamed - just enough to stop moving - thing that looked like a huge (3") ocean-going slug. It even had little eyes up on stalks. It looked at me. I looked at it. Picked it up with chopsticks, stuck it in my mouth, and bit down. Imagine ... a seafood-flavored gummy bear. With a liquid inside. Seafood = good, gummy bear = good. Together, that was the closest I have ever come to spewing across the table.

Calorie-wise ... my junior year of HS, I swam for a truly top-caliber team. We logged 18 hours of pool time per week, plus 5 hours of dry-land training. My food journals from back then (a health class project) show me logging an AVERAGE of 11,500 calories a day. But back then, I could also bench press 150#, was a size 6 on the bottom and a 14 on top.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #43  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I have a worst college meal which is separate from the meal I listed on the first page here.

I was tiny in college, so I don't know how I got away with this, but whenever I didn't like what the dining hall was serving I made myself a waffle and topped it with ice cream and hot fudge...for dinner!!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #44  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Worst mental reaction to a food occurred on a business trip to S. Korea. We had a magnificent meal, chock full of every delicacy that could be offered. I tried everything - I love variety and strong flavors. My world (and stomach) was rocked by a very, very gently steamed - just enough to stop moving - thing that looked like a huge (3") ocean-going slug. It even had little eyes up on stalks. It looked at me. I looked at it. Picked it up with chopsticks, stuck it in my mouth, and bit down. Imagine ... a seafood-flavored gummy bear. With a liquid inside. Seafood = good, gummy bear = good. Together, that was the closest I have ever come to spewing across the table.
EUGHHHHH. I'm going to S. Korea next week. Will make a point to avoid eating anything that looks at me.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote