General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

OKAY ........ my latest update, and I'm smiling ... We beat the Washington Capitals last night 5-0, and what a fun game to attend. We had a blast!

Happy to see your smiling face, ThePrettyOne. Looking at the standings, the Atlantic Division is as tight as a drum, isn't it? These team rivalries can be lots of fun but at times, really nasty. The Hurricanes have a bitter rivalry with the Sabres, especially since the run to the Cup two years ago, and our longtime fans will also *dis* the NJ Devils, the Montreal Canadiens, and something is building with the Florida Panthers ... That team and their coach can really whine, and we're tired of it! We play them in Florida (we're coming, Jolli-yukky!) next Monday, and we're talking about it already!

Thursday night, we play Tampa Bay ... whom we like (well, not their coach) ... except when we're playing them!

GO 'CANES!!!

Last edited by babenwaiting; 11-06-2007 at 11:23 AM.
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:10 AM   #77  
Addicted to potato salad!

Big news...two of our better players are 'out indefinitely', Connolly and Mair, with an ankle problem and a strained abdomen. This year just gets more and more dismal.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:36 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

Islanders beat the Rangers 3-2 last night in an insane game! Back to #1 baby!

On another note, I hit my Thanksgiving mini-goal of 5lbs I set back in August. Officially 138.00lbs
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
Islanders beat the Rangers 3-2 last night in an insane game! Back to #1 baby!

On another note, I hit my Thanksgiving mini-goal of 5lbs I set back in August. Officially 138.00lbs
Wicked cool on the met mini-goal!! I saw some of that game last night...I miss Drury...

Last edited by techwife; 11-07-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:04 AM   #80  

ThePrettyOne, so happy for you for making your goal! just for you!

Techwife, do you have some good news for us regarding your game with the Bruins tonight? (My lips are sealed! )

Tampa Bay has beaten Florida so am hoping they will be real tired tomorrow night when they play my 'Canes!
Old 11-08-2007, 05:41 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babenwaiting View Post

Techwife, do you have some good news for us regarding your game with the Bruins tonight? (My lips are sealed! )
YES!...OT win...goal scored by MacArthur who is one of the Rochester Amerks filling in for one of our half dozen injured players!! I was trying not to cry, but I was so happy for him. How exciting is THAT?!!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #82  

Thanks girlies Hrrrrm, what will the next goal be! Maybe another 5lbs by Christmas??? Yes! I'm a very slow loser and proud of it!

Last edited by ThePrettyOne; 11-08-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #83  

Reporting in, with no smile today! Tampa Bay Lightning came in last night, played their butts off and kicked ours, 5-1. It was as though all the Hurricanes lost their get-up-and-go, and didn't find it until the beginning of the third period!!!

At least, the darned Ottawa Senators finally lost their second one, to the Washington Caps 1-4 (who we had skunked Monday night ... hockey!!! Go figure ... ) So we did not lose any ground in the Eastern Conference standings behind them (we're second.)

Tomorrow's another game as the Atlanta Thrashers come in here ...

GO 'CANES!!!

Last edited by babenwaiting; 11-09-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Sabres got spanked 3-0 by the Make-Believes...

We're #....... 14....... in the Eastern Conference! C'mon Lindy, get those boys motivated!!!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymster View Post
Sabres got spanked 3-0 by the Make-Believes...

We're #....... 14....... in the Eastern Conference! C'mon Lindy, get those boys motivated!!!
No kidding!! Its just depressing...but they did play well with lots of pipe dinging...if those had all gone in, it would have been a different story for sure!

Tonight, I think, it off to Boston. I hope we win...Boston already has enough to celebrate with the Sox and the Patriots (cheaters and mommy leavers!).

GO SABRES!!
Old 11-11-2007, 12:39 AM   #86  

Hurricanes 5, Thrashers 3 tonight. We looked asleep in the first period but came out charging after that. Roddy Brind'Amour had 2 goals! YAY ... Captain! Next on Monday ... the Florida Panthers down there, and how we DO detest that team ...

GO HURRICANES! MAKE OLLI WHINE!!!

Last edited by babenwaiting; 11-13-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #87  

Hi hockey fans ... The Hurricanes beat the Panthers last night 4-3, but not without a horrible scare! Erik Cole was knocked into the goaltender headfirst, and lay face-down for the longest time, not moving, and we were so afraid he had re-fractured that broken neck from a couple of years ago! He was taken out on a stretcher ... Thank God, the CT scan shows things normal, and we're hoping it was just a bad stinger, that will leave him with no residual effects but a sore neck for awhile.

So the importance of the game pales when you see a player down like that! He was released and has flown on to Tampa with the team, with the team doctors keeping an eye on him. That part of his body will always be vulnerable, but he says he will play anyway as he can't imagine doing anything else.

So, we play Tampa Bay tomorrow night ... so GO 'CANES, and BE WELL, ERIK!!!

How's everybody else's boys doing?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:29 AM   #88  

Isles lost 2-3 in a great game against the Flyers Monday. A little sloppy.....but that's not aways a bad thing Tomorrow it's the Penguins and I'm really looking forward to that one!

I cant' wait until we actually start PLAYING!! We've played something like 14 games while everyone else is at 18-19!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:32 AM   #89  

Bad news...we played Ottawa last night and we lost.

Good news...no Sabres were harmed or maimed during the game.

Montreal is up tonight. What a dismall year...
Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #90  

Hi hockey people ... I'm still feeling a little ill, as the Hurricanes played THE WORST game against Tampa Bay Wednesday. They have beaten us six games in a row; boy, do they have our number!!! I think we're still third in the NHL ... but not for long, if we play like that! We have major injuries, so maybe when a couple of those guys get back in, it'll be different ... maybe tonight! (Beat Atlanta .... Go 'Canes!)