Old 03-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamWillow View Post
hoorah21 - Thanks so much for words of encouragment! I agree that looking strong and toned is much better than thin and frail! Good luck on your journey

Finished Week 3 Burn Circuit 2 today and also added in one of my old Crunch Step videos. My knee is feeling great and I've already lost .5 inch in my waist! Yay!!
Good job on the work out and the results IamWillow!! I did Burn Intervals Last night and the Ab Burner and also added in an extra bout of Burn Circuit 3 because I LOVE working shoulders!! You have to work all the muscles in your arms to get a nice toned look but the shoulder are what make them pop! Can't wait to start the Push Phase next week! HOORAH!!
hoorah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 221/Ticker/165

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome hoorah21, so happy to see the new peeps.............well I did Turbo Jam last night and wow......I love it, love it.....so am incorporating it for sure. I will be posting my new and improved schedule on my blog sometime today. Tomorrow is the last Burn Circuit of week 3 and then I will be on my last week of the Burn Phase, can't wait to see the difference from when I started.

Keep up the good work everyone!

thenewjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5' 10"

Red face

I didn't get my workout in last night. I only have one last workout for this week, then it'll be on to week 4 of burn phase. I might not be able to exercise tonight either...maybe I'll go in my room and do it though. My daughter is having friends over to spend the night tonight and they'll be there when I get home from work later. The bad thing about me working out by myself is then my daughter and I won't be on the same day and we've been working out together for the most part. That's the reason I didn't work out last night - she was busy doing other things to get ready for her friends to come over and didn't want to work out -- but I can't let her stop me, and I really really want to put this week behind me so that I can start on the next week, and once I'm through that then it's on to the PUSH phase, which I'm looking forward to!! I wanna see my muscles GROW!!! And I think I've only taken 2 days off in a row one other time - it's one thing in my mind to take an extra single day off, but having two days off in a row kind of seems more wrong somehow!!

In the meantime, my eating is now on track almost entirely - so I'm sure that there will be more changes happening over the next couple of months. And I am going to add in more cardio to help boost things up!!

Nice to see people checking in!!
miracleminded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 140/135/128

Height: 5'6

Great job everyone! Seems like a lot of us are on the same week/day. I will be doing Week 3 Burn Circuit 3 tomorrow too!

Finished Week 5 of Couch to 5K today and it was a killer for me! 20 minutes straight of running - for a non-runner that is a lot But I finished it and was so proud of myself for not quitting. I can definitely feel my cardio/lungs improving. When I started I would be out of breathe after running 2 minutes!!
IamWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #50  

Week 4 Burn Circuit 1 done!! Can't believe it is my last week of the Burn Phase, but I'm really looking forward to the Push Phase. I also did 30 minutes of step aerobics today. Not sure if I should do Chalean or step first. Today I did step and I was so fatigued during Chalean. Anyone know which order you should do cardio/strength?

Check in when you can!!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #51  

Week 2 Burn 1 today. I did much better than last week. I lifted heavier and was much more stable and coordinated. I don't know if it's my imagination but my pants felt a bit looser today.
Nanato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #52  

So completed Week 4 Burn Circuit 1 and can't wait to finish the week out and begin the Push Phase. Seems the last week or so I really am seeing a difference in my skin and muscle tone. How about you guys. IamWillow, we seem to be neck and neck as far as CE is going. As for your question, I always do strength training first, cardio last. Although last night, I had a touch of a headache so only did the Burn Circuit 1. Tonight I will be doing Tae Bo Insane Abs. Sometime later today I will be putting up schedules in my blog on seperate pages for the next two phases of CE. So pop in and see what I will be up to if you like. So take care everyone and keep liftin'
Old 03-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #53  

Hi Peeps!!

So, I kept waiting for my daughter to work out with me, but she seems to have lost her motivation. She told me a few minutes ago that if I wanted to go ahead without her then it would be okay with her...I didn't need to wait for her...so I translate that as meaning that she's not going to work out with me anymore!!

Bottom line is I've missed 5 days in a row now...so I'm going to backtrack a bit. I was supposed to be on the final workout of week 3 last week, but never got that one done, so I'm going to do burn circuit 2 again I think and continue on from there. I was thinking about backing all the way up to the beginning of week 3 but maybe that would be too discouraging.

Anyway, just wanted to jump on here real quick and say what's going on with me...I'm going to do my workout now, with or without my daughter!! She's gonna be jealous of my muscles!! (Though honestly, I feel sad that she's not wanting to keep on with me! But I can't let that stop me, now, can I?)
Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #54  

Thumbs up

I just wanna say, for the record, that I did my workout!!

And I was able to not have to drop back on the weights too, so that's awesome!!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #55  

Two questions for everyone:

1. Did you notice a lot of muscle definition once you completed the Burn Phase? I had some definition prior from previous strength training I've always done and I do notice some extra with Chalean but not nearly as much as I expected. I just started the Push Phase so I know I have a ways to go but I am getting antsy!

2. How heavy are you all lifting? With starting the Push phase with the reps much shorter I feel I can go a lot heavier but I haven't seen the type of weights I like in anything above 12lbs. (Rubberized covering all the way around).

Just wanted to hear from some other Chalean devotees to get some perspective.

Thanks!
hoorah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #56  

I am almost finished with the 90 days of CE. I have my last Lean Circuit 3 on Friday. Then I will move on to Lean for Life for 30 days. I did originally use this program for a month last year, and didn't immediately see an improvement, so I stopped. Then I decided to give it a go this year and have kept at it. I am so glad I did.

What I learned is:

that while the scale may not show gobs of pounds dropping, my clothes fit better, (I fit into a Medium shirt now), my arms look great, my rear is smaller!!! (Yay!) People (including my husband) have noticed, so it must be working.

That nutrition is 95% of scale loss. My diet was a bit modified to reduce junk and increase more veggies and fruit. Not that I gave it all up, but I did jettison some of the high calorie foods. If I tried to rework my nutrition, I probably would drop scale weight.

The best body definition on CE was in the lean phase. For some reason, when I got to the Lean circuit, there was some sculpting going on.

I integrated Turbo Jam 20 minutes on CE days, and used any cardio prgram I wanted on the other days. I took one day off a week. Occasionally 2 days.

So, for those that are bound to the number on the scale while doing CE, please remember that your measurements are king!

I usually don't keep up with programs, but this time I did. After Lean for Life, I plan to move onto Supreme 90 (which I learned about from this board) but will return to CE after that rotation.

Keep at it, you will notice your efforts!!! One day you will look in the mirror (like I did) and **POOF!** you see that, Hey, I'm looking better!!

~Blackcats
Blackcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #57  

OMG! I didn't realize that this was my first post! So, Hi All!!

(I'm usually lurking! )
Blackcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #58  

So working on Push Phase now and loving it. Going heavy so hope to see some results from this soon, although this is only the first week of the push phase, LOL. Just thought I better check in since it has been a week or so. Had company so alas, my posting waned, LOL.......Keep at it everyone, going downstairs now to do my Tae Bo -=-------=- its cardio night......
Old 04-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #59  

Thanks Blackcats for posting! I also only made it about 6 weeks last time before quitting. I'm about to start the Push Phase and your post is really motivating!

Just back from vacation and finished my last Burn Circuit last night. On to the Push Phase tomorrow. I can see small changes in my waist/thighs and can't wait to see the final results after the 90 days are over!

Last edited by IamWillow; 04-08-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #60  

Just completed Push Circuit 1. Wow... my muscles were shaking!