Old 05-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoorah21 View Post
Hi everyone! So I have been a fitness fanatic my whole life and just started using Chalean Extreme about a month ago. I have somewhat of the opposite problem that a lot of women have in that I am trying to gain weight. I come from a long line of petite family members and am just not into the "skinny" look. I prefer to look athletic and strong rather then week and frail. So I have been training for years and years to try and put muscle on to get some sort of curves instead of looking like an eight year old boy!! I have never had better results in ALL the years of training then I have found with Chalean Extreme. I am not a cardio fan because again, the last thing I want to do is lose weight, but I LOVE how Chalean includes active weight recovery in the Burn Intervals. If anyone has ANY concerns about "bulking up" you can relax. I have been strength training for years and can tell you it is physically impossible to put on muscle mass like a man without substituting the lack of testosterone we have in our bodies. Just don't do steroids and your fine!!! And for those of you looking at your scales rather then the mirror, don't do it!!!! I am heavier now then I have ever been in my life but I look better then ever!! And its all muscle!!! But anyway, I just wanted to put my two cents in and give some advice for anyone who wants it. Good job everyone!!
I think we are similar. I don't want to look like an itty bitty thing that a person can just push over. I want to be strong and muscular! I love cardio though :\
keim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #77  
Taking one day at a time!

S/C/G: 135/131/120

Height: 5'2"

I just started CLX. I did almost 2 rounds of P90X then started INSANITY and screwed something up! Stopped working out for a while...then started INSANITY again..(not realizing that is what messed me up the first time..)...so went to PT to 'fix' me. Then started Turbo Fire and of course that didn't help me and my hip...so now I am starting CLX. I just needed a workout that didn't take 6 days and 1 hour to 1 hr 15min to complete. I had some VERY good results with P90X but to be honest needed a change.

I am in my first week and love this program! I am thinking I need heavier weights tho..Hoping to keep motivated

weezy
sbweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 196/196/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm planning on starting Chalean Extreme on July 4th. I like working out monday-friday and having my weekends as rest days, do you think it is ok to do the plan this way or do you think there is some strategy to have the rest days mixed throught the week?
Darlene
darstarr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #79  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstarr01 View Post
I'm planning on starting Chalean Extreme on July 4th. I like working out monday-friday and having my weekends as rest days, do you think it is ok to do the plan this way or do you think there is some strategy to have the rest days mixed throught the week?
Darlene
Hey I just joined the board wanted to chime in. This is exactly what I plan to start next week! I've noticed if I take the first off day, it takes me several days to start exercising again, so I think I will workout during the week and take weekends off. On my "off" day, I plan to run though. I won't do the Burn Circuits back to back

Last edited by slim007; 06-25-2011 at 09:53 PM.
slim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim007 View Post
Hey I just joined the board wanted to chime in. This is exactly what I plan to start next week! I've noticed if I take the first off day, it takes me several days to start exercising again, so I think I will workout during the week and take weekends off. On my "off" day, I plan to run though. I won't do the Burn Circuits back to back
So slim007 did you start your workout today? If so how did it go? I'm starting next week it will be easier for me to keep track if I do each phase starting at the beginning of the month.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Hi guys,

I was wondering if ay of you could give me some advice on what to do. I have been doing Chalean Extreme but I haven’t worked out in almost a week ( I get really sick when I have my period) and I was supposed to move on to the Lean phase. Would I have to start over or repeat a week of the push phase, or can I go ahead and move on to the 9th week?
fatsincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsincebirth View Post
Hi guys,

I was wondering if ay of you could give me some advice on what to do. I have been doing Chalean Extreme but I haven’t worked out in almost a week ( I get really sick when I have my period) and I was supposed to move on to the Lean phase. Would I have to start over or repeat a week of the push phase, or can I go ahead and move on to the 9th week?
I don't see why you couldn't just move on to the Lean phase. Definitely don't start over, if you feel you need to repeat the last week of Push that should be perfectly ok too.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Thanks, darstarr! I think I'll try moving on to the lean phase and if i struggle too much then i just might redo the last week of push. Thanks again
fatsincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #84  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

hi, just popping my head in...didn't want to just lurk lol. i was thinking of getting chalean extreme i'm just nervous because i have slim in 6 and turbo jam and have not finished either and to consider getting another program that i may or may not stick to lol. well at least i could come here for support that could help....hmmm i'm currently doing cardio 5 days a week and i know it would be beneficial to add in weights.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley8203 View Post
hi, just popping my head in...didn't want to just lurk lol. i was thinking of getting chalean extreme i'm just nervous because i have slim in 6 and turbo jam and have not finished either and to consider getting another program that i may or may not stick to lol. well at least i could come here for support that could help....hmmm i'm currently doing cardio 5 days a week and i know it would be beneficial to add in weights.
Hi Haley,
Adding weights would be a great addition to your workouts. I will start Chalean Extreme on monday. My goal is to come here at least once a week to give a rundown on how its going. Hopefully some others will be starting too. I've taken all my measurements and weight and once a month I will retake to see what results I'm getting. Should be fun! If you decide to get the program I'll be here.
Darlene
Old 07-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #86  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

darstarr01-How was your first day? I ordered mine today.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley8203 View Post
darstarr01-How was your first day? I ordered mine today.
Hi Haley,
I did good except at the 26 minute point I had to stop and eat a piece of bread w/peanut butter because I got light headed. My fault, I meant to eat something before I started. Then I continued and finished the workout. My goodness only my calves and foremans don't hurt, lol. I was really surprised how many places I actually feel got a workout.
I did my second workout today which was Burn Intervals & Ab Burner. There is one exercise in the Intervals that makes me nasueous, so I did as many of them as I could, then stopped and drank some water and then continued. The Ab Burner is floor work and was tough on my back but I will get stronger and should be able to improve as I go along.
I would definitely say it's not easy but I know it will be worth it and I'm willing to be patient with myself as my body gets stronger and more capable of performing each exercise. I didn't get heavy overnight and I know the road to fitness is a journey and I'm committed to myself.
Thanks for asking!!!!
Darlene
Old 07-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #88  

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum!! I started ChaLean Extreme Monday, I just finished Turbofire a couple weeks ago!! CLX is a good change up!! I am liking it a lot!!! Its awesome I found so many other people doing this exercise with me, lol
Stacey24Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #89  

Height: 5'6

Just finished week one Burn it off & Recharge!! Man that 2 minutes of jumping jacks with the thigh toner was crazy! haha

Just did my measurements also!! Hoping I see a change in a month or 2!
Stacey24Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #90  

Today will start my 3rd week of the Burn phase. I'm enjoying the workout and I'm getting stronger. Looking forward to progressing each week.