Old 01-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #586  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

So I'm not actually going to start this morning as I thought I would. I am aching all over already for some strange reason this morning, so best not to aggravate it by starting what seems like a very intense workout for someone with low fitness like myself!

I think, since it's Wednesday and I like to do things in patterns, I'll leave starting 30DS til next Tuesday. It would be Monday, but Monday is a public holiday here in little old New Zealand and I will not have access to a tv all day - but I will be at a music festival for 10 hours so I'm guessing that will almost count as exercise!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #587  

S/C/G: 378/323/170

Height: 6'0

I started the shred yesterday and Jillian almost killed me, in fact she may have killed me and I'm composing this from beyond the grave.

I could not get through the whole workout. I apparently have the upper body strength of a toddler so the push ups were a bust and during the jumping jacks I so wanted to duct tape my boobs down. It was hard and I didn't make it for all 20 minutes. I'm kinda sore today and wondering if I should I go on, I cannot imagine being able to get better at this...
Teresa_Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #588  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa_Gonzalez View Post
I started the shred yesterday and Jillian almost killed me, in fact she may have killed me and I'm composing this from beyond the grave.
funniest thing I have read today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa_Gonzalez View Post
wondering if I should I go on, I cannot imagine being able to get better at this...
yes, you should definitely go on, you will get better at it!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #589  
Esme

S/C/G: 201/148/130

Height: 5'3"

So I bought the 30DS about a year ago, did it once and never took it out of the case again! But I have lost 45 lbs since then so I figure I can give it another go!

I already do a ton of cardio but am kind of a big baby when it comes to lifting weights... I am hoping that this will "tone" me up and make me less flabby!

My plan is to start tomorrow and try to go for the whole 30 days. Has anyone done it/is doing it for the whole 30 days? I know rest is important, but I feel like it's a slippery slope for me! I will also continue to do my normal cardio along with 30DS. I am really hoping to get these last 24 lbs gone by June and if I have to push myself to the extreme to do it, I will!

I'll let you know how the first day goes (I'm sure it won't be pretty!)

Last edited by foresmewithlove; 01-28-2010 at 10:03 PM.
foresmewithlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:00 AM   #590  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

foresmewithlove - WOW - you have done SOOOO great already!! Yes, when I started 30DS I did the whole 30 days in a row..but I had also been using light weights with other workouts previously. I would highly recommend you using light weights if your concern is toning, that is just what they do

Rest is important, but truly, her strength segments are so quick ( 3 minutes ) that is why I think it's okay to do it every day.

in my opinion, if you added 30 DS to your regular cardio you will be a hottie (if you aren't already ) before June!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #591  
ShredMamaShred

S/C/G: 175/168/150

Height: 5'10

I am on Day 25 and I haven't died yet! I can't believe how much my strength has improved. I was not working out in any shape or form before I started and in fact, have worked out more this year than all of 2009! ha That is so sad but so true! I do feel like I am going to die through the workouts still though. Especially the first few days starting a new level. I have not weighed or measured since Day 11. I was going to do it before starting level 2 but it was my time of the month and I already felt crappy so I decided to wait until I finish. I have lost 8 pounds and 5 inches in the first 11 days though so I know this works! I love this video!

My MIL started it shortly after me and has lost 20 pounds! She is just barely overweight, just a little thick in the middle. She is on Day 15. And she's close to 60 years old. Whenever I want to quit, I just think of her! ha

The only downside to doing to 30 days straight is that my knees and sometimes ankles hurt pretty bad. They are very sore. It is pretty high impact but I am not in serious pain so I am going to keep it up!

Last edited by JessiHarri; 01-30-2010 at 11:34 PM.
JessiHarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:01 AM   #592  
Motivated 1/13/2010

S/C/G: 169/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I am on day 20. My butt is no longer like a pancake. My stomach is smaller as well as my back chub. People are noticing the changes in my body. The husband is liking it.

AND I feel terrific! I am happier and more positive during the day. Also, when I have a stressful work day, my stress goes away after the workout.

I was very out of shape before this DVD - no muscle strength!
Teresa2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #593  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

Talking 7 days so far

Hi everyone,

I'm new here; my name is Allison and I've been on the 30 Day Shred for about 7 days so far. I really feel it. I feel like my arms are so much tighter.

I've been working out consistently for 5 months or so, but didn't see the results I wanted to. I gained some weight over the last 24 months because of moving, poor eating choices, stress, no exercise, etc. Anyway, when I first lost the weight I ran an hour a day and rested once a week, and the weight kind of just melted off. However, it didn't happen this way this time. It seemed like I hit a plateau, so I somehow found 30DS through Youtube at first, I think.

I was going through the thread, and I just wanted to add some of my opinions: For those who don't have weights, I just add soup cans but I choose the biggest ones so that their weight is more significant. However, I've found that if you follow Jillian's advice in the video to squeeze and do it slowly, you'll feel the burn even with the regular soup cans.

I also add 22.5 min of HIIT cardio on my treadmill every day.

However, on days when I come home late, I choose one or the other - the video or cardio. So far I've only skipped one day of exercise, and that was because I got home at 11pm.

I don't like to weigh myself. So I don't know, but once I fit back into my size 4 dress, I'll know that I've reached my goals.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and read this page for inspiration. Hope to hear more from you guys.

Last edited by AllisonR; 01-31-2010 at 12:19 PM.
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:03 PM   #594  

Hi everyone!
I tried to go through all 500+ posts to see if my questions were answered...and I did get the answer to one question about not doing it everyday...I can do it 3 times a week, and I can still feel it!

My other question is that I just cannot jump! I tried doing the jumping jacks for as long as possible, but *ouch*! It's simply much too hard on this old body, so I have modified, doing low impact.

Anyone else?? Will I still get results? Or should I find another fitness video that is high intensity, low impact? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Elen Sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:29 PM   #595  
IcePrincess

S/C/G: 195/175,2/134

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone.
I'm going to be starting the 30ds tomorrow (along with a new healthy lifestyle).
I'm only going to do it on weekdays though, so my dad doesn't know, he always makes fun of me when he finds out that I'm on a new 'diet'.

I'm hoping that being active on this form will help me stay motivated to continue witch i have a problem with (the not quitting).

I'm really looking forward to starting tomorrow
Liljabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:58 PM   #596  

S/C/G: 188/188/140

Height: 5'4

I started 30ds a in July and stopped due new job, kids starting school, etc....Today I'm on day 7 I'm already seeing an improvement. Hopefully by Thursday I'll be on level 2.
Summerrain2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #597  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I did day 1 today.. I can NOT do push ups! I felt like a total bum. And the jumping jacks hurt my boobs, so I need a new workout bra I guess.

I could definitely feel the burn and I hope I can stick with it!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #598  

S/C/G: 179.8/166/150

Height: 5'7"

I need to get back to working out -I have taken the last 3 days off due to a very hectic schedule. I leave for work at 7:00 and I just can't make myself get up in the mornings to work out and then when I get home at 10:00, I am ready for bed. Last week I did the 30DS Sunday - Thursday. I am back at it tonight when I get home. It has only been 5 days, and like I said haven't done it since Thursday, but I can start to tell my pants are getting looser and I may need to buy a new belt!
alliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #599  
IcePrincess

S/C/G: 195/175,2/134

Height: 5' 6"

Started day one today. It was really hard and I really cant do push ups eather. But still I feel happier today than I remember being for a long time and I think that is because I was exercising. I don't think I've exercised since I was 15yrs.

So I'm looking forward to doing day two tomorrow
Liljabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #600  
HHP

S/C/G: 147/147/137

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone!
I'm new to this forum although I've been reading it for a while. I'm Norwegian, so not sure my stats are right. Anyway. I'm def not overweight or in medical need of losing weight. However I feel so weak and out of shape, and I find this thread inspiring. I've actually tried the 30 day shred before, and I stopped for some reason once I got to lever 2. But now I'm motivated to give it another go, and I hope that I can stick with it!
HHP is offline   Reply With Quote