Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #91  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS1 View Post
Welcome EmmaD, there are so few of us, it's good to have you here
Thanks!

I realized that weighing in at 138.6 pounds, I just passed another of my arbitrary "milestones." I had looked up all my old records to see what my high weights were for any years that I had recorded it. I just passed my high weight of 2005

Quote:
High Weight Milestones:
√ 154.8 (Maximum weight 2015)
√ 153.6 (2014)
√ 152.2 (2013 & 2009)
√ 150.6 (2010)
√ 146.6/146.8 (2012 & 2008)
√ 143.4 (2011)
√ 142 (Max 2007)
√ 138.8 (2005)
>>> 134 (2006)

For years and years, I never really recorded my weight. But I happen to remember one high weight that hit me like a ton of bricks ... at the time, that is - now it is like a dream weight

132 (1997!!!)

Last edited by EmmaD; 08-06-2015 at 03:05 PM.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:44 PM   #92  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

When I last posted I was in my 120s and now I'm in the 140s was low of 140.0 last week but you are my peeps, so I hope you don't mind if I jump back in. I'm tired of the struggle with grad school and my weight and I have go to get back on the wagon!
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 160/132.8/111

Height: 5'5

Hello out there! I'm not sure if anyone is still around here but I think I'm finally joining this thread! I've seen 13x.x on my scales for three days so I'm tentatively poking my head in here and would love to have some company on the way down, especially with holidays right around the corner! Haha
LionessWhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:47 AM   #94  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Hello LionessWhispers,

I'll join you on this thread. I reached my goal weight of 135 last month and have been trying to maintain since. I think joining this thread will keep me accountable. I would love to be in the 120's eventually. So let's do this lol
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:20 AM   #95  

Hi lovemylife!! Congrats on meeting your goal!! You can definitely work your way down into the 120s you have done amazing so far

It's so good to have company and accountability on this journey. I saw 138.6 this morning which I'm happy about
Old 11-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #96  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Lioness Whispers

That's so awesome Keep up the good work. Do you weigh yourself everyday? I use to but I found that it wasn't a good thing for me lol. But this week I will weigh myself on Thursday morning and then again on Friday morning just to make sure I didn't do to much damage on Thanksgiving lol
Old 11-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #97  

Thanks lovemylife! And yes I generally weigh every day. It used to bother me and I've gone back and forth over the years but overall I find that it's easier for me to make good choices if I know where I stand every day. Plus I've been charting my daily weights in a graph so I can see the overall trend which is comforting. I now have a pretty good idea of how much sodium will make me bloat, how TOM and ov times affect my weight, and can more easily correct myself if the weights start trending in the wrong direction rather than saying "oh it's just a few pounds it's probably just fluctuation". The graph/trend line lets me know when it's more than just a fluctuation and when I just need to calm down and wait it out

Sorry for the novel!! Haha
If you're not used to seeing fluctuations I would wait until Saturday/Sunday because then some of the water weight/food weight should be leaving. Friday morning will most likely be very affected by all the yummy things eaten on Thursday haha
Old 11-25-2015, 03:31 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

Whoa Lioness good work!

I was at 137.6 this morning. Slow, but moving...
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:26 PM   #99  
lovemylife001

Good Afternoon to all

Boy am I enjoying my staycation. Today is a fast day for me. Lionesswhispers I probably will wait to weigh in on Saturday morning because I have another fast planned for Friday.

So, I'll weigh tomorrow and then on Saturday morning. I already have a game plan lol. Only one plate of food for me and on serving of dessert. Sending myself some lol

Hope everyone is having a great day and if I don't get a chance to check in tomorrow. Have a great Turkey Day!
Old 11-25-2015, 04:50 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessWhispers View Post
Thanks lovemylife! And yes I generally weigh every day. It used to bother me and I've gone back and forth over the years but overall I find that it's easier for me to make good choices if I know where I stand every day. Plus I've been charting my daily weights in a graph so I can see the overall trend which is comforting. I now have a pretty good idea of how much sodium will make me bloat, how TOM and ov times affect my weight, and can more easily correct myself if the weights start trending in the wrong direction rather than saying "oh it's just a few pounds it's probably just fluctuation". The graph/trend line lets me know when it's more than just a fluctuation and when I just need to calm down and wait it out
BTW just out of curiosity, what kind of program do you use to chart? I have a weight tracker on my phone, and it's OK but I wouldn't mind trying a different one.
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #101  

Happy Thanksgiving

Whew am I stuffed! Haha I weighed in at 138.0 this morning but of course there will be fluctuation from today's delicious indulgence

Hi pigeon!! It's so good to see you in here! Great job on your steady, persistent loss! Especially through this holiday season I have an Android phone and the app I use is called "Weight Chart" haha pretty basic, you put in your numbers and it shows your graph and gives you BMI as well. I like its clean layout.

Good luck lovemylife! I hope you stick to your plan and enjoy your holiday with family!
Old 11-27-2015, 11:50 AM   #102  

For anyone who is interested in weight fluctuations...

I ate to my heart's content! I had a ton of dessert, which is my favorite part haha, and also got some lovely TOM bloat going on. Weighed in 2.6 pounds heavier today lol
It's a shock to see on the scales of course and I almost didn't hop on but I want to continue to desensitize myself to stuff like this. Most of that should be food/water weight so I took a breath, put away my scales, and I'm hopping back into my regularly scheduled meal plan today!
I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday with their family & friends! Let's get back at it!
Old 11-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #103  
lovemylife001

Good late morning everyone

LionessWhispers I did pretty much the same thing. I was so stuffed last night lol. I ate two desserts, which was a shock to my system lol. I've pretty much given up sugar since I began this lifestyle change.

The scale was up 1.1 lbs this morning. I was expecting more, but still not good. Today I'm fasting, so I hope to have this gone by Monday.

Hope everyone enjoyed their time with family and friends yesterday. I would love to get in the low 130's by Christmas. I weighed in at 138.2 today.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by lovemylife001; 11-27-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:13 AM   #104  

I'm back at 138.6 this morning and still can feel/see the bloat from TOM so I don't think I really did any lasting damage on Thanksgiving, which is crazy because I definitely did not hold back. I just passed on the little things I would normally eat to be polite and saved room for allllllll the desserts!! Though I have to say that I'm a weirdo who doesn't like the actual pie crust and usually I try to kinda eat around it but this year I threw shame to the wind and peeled it off before I even started eating! It was so freeing mentally and I just ignored people's stares haha *shrugs* Haha I ate literally allllllll the desserts so I didn't get any snarky comments which is a win in my book. And I didn't even compensate for my indulgence by overexercising/undereating. That alone is a big deal for me because it starts a bad cycle of overeat/compensate that is hard to get out of. I ignored the uncomfortably full feelings and tried to put my heavier weighins out of my mind and just got back to eating exactly like I did before.

Sorry for the novel but this is the first time I've been able to get through a holiday like this and I'm crazy excited about it! Haha

Nice going lovemylife! I'm sure you'll be back on track by Monday morning. Glad you enjoyed the deliciousness too!
Old 11-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #105  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

LionessWhispersI'm glad that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday. I am right there with you on the desserts. I am definitely a dessert person.

Since starting my weight loss journey, I've started to eat normally. Normally meaning real foods lol. I've never been a breakfast or meat person. If I could live off of snacks, I would

I also downloaded that app that you mentioned. Eating has been moderate the last couple of days and weighed in at 138.1 this morning. Enough of the coasting, it's time to buckle down, Christmas is right around the corner.

Have a great day!