Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #76  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Just a quick stop-by, needed to say 2 things ;

1) krampus, in your quinoa, you just cook it and throw black bean and sweet potato on it? I tried quinoa once, it was some kind of pumpkin puree quinoa curry and it was digusting. I've been looking for something to do with that stuff forever, and your lunch looks yummy!

2) I just got back from the gym and I don't want to snack because we are having some chili tonight and I know this stuff is pretty heavy. But I am sooo craving for something sweet right now and I want to throw something at my computer for stumbeling on this on Tumblr.

Woman, you cook some freacking FRIED CHOCOLAT AND BANANA WONTONS.

WHY US SO SKINNY AND ON THE COVER OF WOMENS HEALTH

... had to get this out :P
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #77  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for the encouragement! I had a thought about the antibiotics I was on.. Might have caused havoc with my BC pills!
Down to 112.8 today...but beer and wings after work will be the end of that tomorrow! Lol!
On holidays till the 18th...so had to start the festivities!
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #78  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

Still 110 this morning. ZOMG. I did so much exercise yesterday. Walked over 80 min, full body lift, and a 7 mile O&B on snow trails. Ri-diculous! The muscles in my feet are still sore this morning. I am going to take one hel| of a long nap when I get home. Took my Sockwas out on the trail yesterday instead of my Altras. I'm all over minimalist footwear. And Sockwas have amazing ground feel. I was able to feel salt grains (used for melting ice) on the concrete. Running through snow felt like a foot massage even though it was a tough workout.

Here are some pics!

In other news. I made the mistake of setting up TWO dinner dates tonight with two different friends. Oops. I forgot my bestie and I had been planning a girl's night out and she wanted to eat at her favorite pasta restaurant this evening. So... I scheduled sushi at 5pm with another friend earlier in the week. Only to remember that I have to go to an Italian restaurant at 7pm. I didn't want to cancel on either friend so now I''m going to both. LORD help me. Hahaah. I think I'll just get a small plate of sashimi or a cucumber roll at sushi. Then I can see if my friend will split a plate of pasta with me later on. That way, I won't kill myself with food.

On Saturday, I have a 6 miler with my marathon training group in at 8am. Then heading off to a climbing gym with a friend at 11am. Maybe tea afterwards. In for an action packed weekend. Hurr. Maybe another run on Sunday afternoon.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

hi, guys,

Yesterday I was weak and wobbly. No excuse. I just didn't have it in me to fight that weight loss battle yesterday. I didn't eat like a hog or stuff Mcdonald's in my face or anything, but it was just all those little things that add up, like grabbing a bite of this or that without thinking, having a few more of the brownies I made, having 2 glasses of wine, just not giving a you-know-what. Plus, I hit this rebellious attitude yesterday with running, where I just didn't feel like doing one more thing that I had to do.

Part of this is because there is still snow and ice on the ground and so I have to go to the gym to run. If I could just go home, put on my running clothes and run outside as I should be able to do in a few weeks, it wouldn't have been an issue. It was that I had to stop one more place on the way home (the gym) when I've hardly been at home this whole week. So yeah, I rebelled and didn't do my running yesterday which I really needed to do since now I've had 4 days off in a row, which is unheard of for me, eep. So yeah, I've been lazy and undisciplined. My weight reflects it, too.

You know, I do a lot of whining and then don't do anything about it, but what I'm really looking for is something that works for me. I realized that this will be the only thing that will work for me. In theory, I love the idea of low carb diets, for example. They work and I feel fantastic when I'm on them (properly). I have done a modified Atkins a few times in my life (modified because I never restrict the vegetables as you're supposed to in the first few weeks and I add a fruit here and there) and have dropped weight and felt fantastic. But it never lasts because it's not sustainable long term as far as having a social life, hanging out with others, enjoying life. Tell me I can't have another birthday cake slice in my entire life? Forget about it.

So I've been thinking a lot the last few days about what will work for ME. I know so many people who have invented their own "me diets" that work for them. I need something sustainable for me but that definitely works.

Here's my insecurity, and maybe this is where you successful peeps can jump in and help. It makes me insecure to read so many threads in this forum and an in others where people seem to be doing EVERYTHING right. They're eating between 1200-1500 calories, eating clean and healthy foods, exercising 1 hour a day 5 days a week, no alcohol, no soda, etc., and they are not losing weight. Tell me, how is this possible, unless these people are in denial about something (maybe they binge every week and are not saying that), or there is something physically wrong with them??? So it makes me insecure and think that wow, even if I did everything RIGHT, there's this large percentage of people who do everything right and have no success. If I'm one of those people, I don't think I can handle that kind of failure, and I bet I would actually gain weight because of it. Which is a crap attitude, I know, and one that I'm trying to change, because how would I know if I was one of those failure situations unless I tried? But it's almost like I need a guarantee. If I do X, Y, and Z, then I will lose the weight for sure. I need something scientific. Supposedly calorie counting IS scientific, even if not an exact science, but then ... *points up* all these people for whom apparently it doesn't work right.

I guess, to sum it up, is my big fear is that I will sacrifice the food and drink I enjoy to lose weight and then I wont' lose weight at all and maybe even gain it because maybe my body is one of those fluke cases.

Again, very silly because in reality, I think my metabolism is very healthy. I just don't trust my hormones and the medication I have to take because of them. *sigh*

Anyway, I just needed to get that fear out of my system this morning.

Hope everyone is going to have a fantastic Friday!

@Krampus -mmmm...more food pr0n! Love it! And YES, Krampus, YES! I have always preferred the dark, fattier meat. I know that makes me a little strange, but give me a fatty cornish hen any day over a chicken breast! If I could eat anything all day long? It would be things like curries, chilis, soups (ha, see? Stuff that's hard to count as far as calories), baked goods (yep, I know, not good for diets), pizzas, Mexican food, yep, all the high calorie stuff-- I tend to love things that are mixed together like casseroles and curries and soups, but very flavorful. But I also love salads (Greek salads are my fave).

@TheBunneh - Good for you on the walk! Baby steps, right? Once you do something like that the first time, I know it does get easier.

@Alex - I hope you had a great time with your friends! Thank you for the encouragement. Ugh, I'm not feeling so great about my choices lately...

@Maddie - I'm so sorry about the miscarriages you've had. That has got to be rough. As far as the lean cuisine idea, I have actually thought about that, just to get over the first hump at least. I've been in these mid 140's (which used to be the very high range for me) for FAR too long and now I'm afraid my body is settling into it as a new norm. I used to hover more in the upper 130s, so I'd sure like to get back there at least! I'm really sort of horrified by what my body (er...correction, what *I*) have done to myself the last year or so. Anyway, I am considering something as temporarily simple as that, just to get things started. What happened when you reached 139? How did you change things up then?

@Turbo - Yeah, I realized that overall, I'm not a big meat fan, and really don't like pork at all, lol, which is a problem, because I don't like to eat a huge amount of grains either AND I don't trust eating too much soy (one summer when I ate boca burgers almost every day my period got SUPER wonky and wicked). So I'm really kind of stuck as far as regular healthy protein. As I said to krampus, I do like the fattier cuts of chicken, like the dark meat, so maybe it's a matter of just having smaller portions of the darker cuts...hmmm...
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

@Aidanqm - oh, and GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TWO DINNERS! That sounds like fun, actually, but definitely an eating challenge. Oooh, I'm up for six miles this week, too, as far as my half marathon training.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #81  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

HUNGFF why can't I metabolize alcohol like a normal person?! I am PUFFY and BLOATED and feel like I gained 20 pounds and it's 10:30 and I'm still not even awake yet. From having ONE CIDER last night. I went to the gym twice yesterday, had a nice normal lunch and dinner, it's so unfair, wahhh.

Personals later!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Olehcat -
Quote:
Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
If I do X, Y, and Z, then I will lose the weight for sure. I need something scientific. Supposedly calorie counting IS scientific, even if not an exact science, but then ... *points up* all these people for whom apparently it doesn't work right.
Ok, here's the thing about this. Every BODY is different. Calorie counting WORKS for my body. For my body, it comes down to calories in/calories out. For my MIL, she can't lose unless she cuts her carbs. She can tow the line perfectly, hit the right amount of calories, do her Pilates DVD, & the scale won't budge. In fact, sometimes she'll gain. The point is that you have to find what works for your body. If a modified Atkins works for you, then get on it & PLAN your cheat days because NO you can't go through life not having a piece of cake. That's just silly & you're missing the point of enjoying life if you never indulge or treat yo self (Parks & Rec, anyone?!).

The other thing about some of the women on here...I said SOME...if they take a hard look at every single morsel they put in their mouth, they are usually probably over. That doesn't apply to everyone & we ALL hit plateaus, but I read through the whining & a lot of the times they wind up saying "Well, I did have an entire box of cookies, but I exercised & ate well the rest of the week..." Just gotta filter everything you read with maybe a bullsh it filter

Find what works for you & stick to it. If you're diligent, it will start to melt off. When I wasn't really trying back in January, I ping ponged from 139 to 141 all month. When I set my nose to the grindstone, I dropped 8 pounds from January 29-March 6.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
As for me, I'm still at 134.0 today. I had told my hubby that I wanted to have a cheat day today & go get Five Guys, but I think I'd rather not. If I stick to it, I could whoosh down to 132 in a day or 2 when TOM shows her face. I'd rather do that than have a burger...I think. Plus, I went out last Friday night & gorged. I'd really like to only do that every 2 weeks - not once a week. So, I think I'll hold off.

Happy Friday, feathers!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #83  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

AHH! NSV! I'm just so excited I had to share.

I was getting dressed to walk to the library again, and while deciding on a sweater figured I might as well try one of the fitted blouses I bought years ago to wear someday when I was small enough. I was shocked when I put it on and it wasn't tight at all anymore! My weight is about the same as it was last time I made an attempt. I guess that goes to show even a minimal amount of weight training still makes a difference in body shape.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 03-08-2013 at 01:05 PM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #84  

Inspired after contributing to the Weight Loss Confessions thread in the 20-somethings...

I have a confession. I have a major rivalry with my SIL. We don't like each other. Never have. She was always the perfect, cute, skinny, tiny, trophy girl & I was always fat. I went to Forever 21 with her & pretend I only wanted to look at accessories while she spent an hour trying on clothes. At the heart of it, I don't think she's a good or nice person, but alas, we are stuck in this family together. Confession is that my goal is 132, but I want to see 129 so I can post a photo on Instagram just so she sees that I am just as good as she is. (side note...73 lbs & she hasn't said a flippin' word. Ever. Not a congrats, you look great. Nothing to even acknowledge it. Because I'm creeping in her territory now.) Maybe it's good to have a little friendly competition or something to keep you motivated, but I don't know. The closer I've gotten to my ultimate weight, the more it has become about showing her that she's not top dog in this category. I can give her a run for her money.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #85  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Work is BLOWING UP and I love it. Advocacy out the wazoo and if we pull off the press conferences we're arranging, our organization will enter a much higher profile!

MaddieB Ugh who watches their SIL lose 73 lbs and says jack about it?! I'm sorry you guys don't get along or like each other but I'm happy (from an evil cackling perspective) you're showing her up :P

Bunneh You are gorgeous! I love your haircut! I know this isn't how it works but I hope you overcome the anxiety about going out because it seems a shame to keep such a beautiful person locked up indoors.

olehcat Everyone's bodies are so different - you really can't go by other people's posts. I echo what I've said before in that you should never feel like eating and exercising is a terrible awful chore. Just do what you enjoy - eat things you like (dark meat isn't worse for you than white meat!) and run when you can stand to run. The world turns whether you miss a day or have a glass of wine.

Aidangm How did double dinner go?

Turbo My roommate cooks. I don't understand quinoa. She mixes it w/black beans, sweet potato. vinegar, onion and some other stuff I don't know. Giada obviously feeds her creations to her staff...
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Joss Hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your husband.

Turbo I bought some quinoa once too, and always seem to forget I have it in my pantry. I did once use it to make a quinoa & chickpea salad, that was quite good, and then once I used it to make a quinoa pudding (instead of rice pudding), and that was decent enough. I would imagine it would work well as a rice substitute, but I've never made it in place of rice because I'm not sure how my husband would feel about that. I've already enforced a no compromise policy on eating whole grain pasta and whole grain rice, and I know he is not thrilled about it, but he's allowed me to make that change without really complaining about it too much.

Bayzee Enjoy your beer & wings.

aidan Enjoy your dinner dates. I must admit I'm a bit jealous that you get to go out twice in one night, because I barely go out for dinner. Though I'm sure I will in a couple of weeks for my wedding anniversary. Last week, my husband stopped by for lunch, and we were supposed to go to a restaurant to celebrate a job offer he got. But when he got to my work, he decided it wasn't worth spending the money to sit at a restaurant because my brother had to bail (my brother and I work together), and it wouldn't be as much fun. We went to a coffee shop instead.

olehcat Don't give up just because some other people on the forum don't seem to be losing weight eating 1200 calories a day. Only they can know for sure what they are doing right or wrong. If it makes you feel better, I have always lost weight when I've been on plan, and I know exactly what I need to do to lose it. I think maybe there have been a couple times where I didn't lose at all one week, but I always had a bigger loss the week following to make up for it, so don't get discouraged. If you pick a plan and are true to it, you should be able to figure out rather quickly if it's going to work for you.

Bunneh Congrats on the NSV, you look great!

Maddie Hoping you get your whoosh soon and get to goal. It takes a lot of will power to decide not to go out for dinner when you originally were planning on it.

krampus Glad to hear you are busy at work and enjoying it.

-----------

Not much new to report, except a bad morning with the puppy. Took him outside before my workout, and within five minutes back inside, he peed on the floor. Took him back upstairs to his crate to complete my workout, and went to check on him 40 minutes later. He peed in the crate. I just don't get it, my vet says he should be able to hold it for as long as his age in months + 1 hours. He's 3 months, so apparently he should be able to hold it for 4 hours, but whenever he gets anywhere near the 1 hour mark, I start to get nervous because that's whey he starts having accidents in the house. We've had a great dane once before, and I swear he was house broken and able to hold it 8 hours within a couple weeks, this guy is just so much more challenging in that respect. But he is a lot more mellow tempered, so I guess you win some you lose some.

We are going to the sugar bush tomorrow, so I'll consider it a victory if I don't sample any maple flavored treats. My weight is just starting to get back to where it was before my pre-gum graft binge, and I'd like to keep it that way. Hoping to hold out on indulgences until my anniversary in 2 weeks.
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #87  

Height: 5'4

Hello lovelies! Just a quick check in and some super quick personals but I've read everyone's posts I promise!

Yesterday was my planned 'Treat Day' with my hubby; had WAY too many cocktails and I feel like garbage today, but I still got a bit of a workout in and am keeping the hangover cravings at bay. I had some delicious sushi, some honey baklava ice cream, and some really great english toffee... my favorite!

I've also decided that since I've been brave enough to toss the scale aside, I'm also going to try doing Leangains starting tomorrow! Whoot! I'm tired of tiny unsatisfying meals and tired of feeling like I can't go out to dinner with friends without going over my calories for the day. I have to go pick up some BCAAs today but then tomorrow I'm going for it!

For those of you unfamiliar with it, it's basically just condensing your eating into an 8-hour period... nothing super drastic. Intermittent Fasting (IF) can be done all sorts of different ways, but the Leangains approach is based on a 16 hour fast and 8 hour feeding period. For me it will be from 10AM-6PM. I'm excited to see if this helps me with those afternoon cravings! I'll probably split it up into 4 meals.

OH, Krampus - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bar... BLEW MY MIND. Awesome!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica - I am having a good time, thanks! Its supposed to start snowing tomorrow so I'm sure we'll be stuck in the house all weekend. I'm so sorry you had such a bad morning with the puppy! I am looking forward to getting one soon, but I think I'm romantisizing it and not thinking about all the accidents and training that I'll have to deal with!

Krampus - Thats awesome that work is picking up for you! I'm sorry you feel so crappy after just one cider though, ick! I had a cocktail on the flight here, 2 HUGE glasses of wine at dinner, and then about 1/2 of a small bottle of peach ciroc. I am surprised I don't feel worse!

Maddie - I hope you don't think that your rivalry with your SIL makes anyone think any less of you! We're human, it happens. I think if it's a good motivator for you, use it! As long as it doesn't get to an ugly place it seems relatively harmless. It seems like you might be worried that it is though, right? Can you avoid interacting with her or do you see her quite often?
I was about to shake my finger at you for NOT going and getting your 5 guys like you planned, but since you went out and ate last night I understand.

TheBunneh - Hello HOT STUFF!! Great NSV!

Olehcat - I do hope you find something that works for you soon! Obviously with me tossing out the scale and now starting IF I too am in a transition period and am trying to find what works for me to make this all a bit easier. Don't let it drive you insane though. Your idea of making your own personal plan, a "me" plan is exactly what we should ALL be striving for!

Aiden - Busy busy bee! That is a ton of activity... no wonder you're 110 pounds girl! You probably need both of those dinners!

Bayzee - Enjoy your time off!! I hope you're safely on the mend now!

Turbo - Yep, done with it! I weighed on Thursday morning but thats the last time I'll do that for a while. I don't know if I'll NEVER weigh again, but I don't plan to until I'm happy with what I see in the mirror again.

Sorry for the short posts, but there is so much! If I missed you I'm sorry!!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #88  

Joss - we are going to go out. We just had a play date with the neighbors & the mom is this darling pastor's wife - just as nice as can be. She made sandwiches & a salad, & I started to panic about my calorie intake & put the brakes on. It's a f**king sandwich. I wanted to tell her I had a stomachache so I could avoid a stupid sandwich. So, I texted my hubby & said "we're getting 5 guys tonight. I refuse to be a slave to the scale when I'm 1.1lbs away from goal." I'm not going to become psychotic & borderline ED for 1lb. So, yeah, I'm having a burger & I'm going to enjoy it. OH! And it wasn't last night - it was last Friday.

Last edited by MaddieBPhoto; 03-08-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #89  

Hey all, I’m just popping in here to say hi
MaddieB – GURL. She def knows and is jealous. She’s thinking uh oh uh oh maddieb is catching up to me im just not gonna point the amazing transformation and turn a blind eye. Congrats on the progress!
(im totally practically shaking my head and snapping my fingers as I write this)
Krampus – GAH so exciting and I KNOW you can pull it off! And I love the hat you were wearing in that pic you sent me yest
TheBunneh – You look fantastic and I love your hair and yesss weight training does wonders for the physique!
Olehcat, you described my very feelings and NOTHING you said was silly. I’m mostly paleo, but the thought of cutting out even 1 food just makes me sad. But if a food constantly triggers a binge (and 1 or 2 do for me), I just remind myself that people have lived and died without tasting idk…Cheetos or Nutella (the Nutella is def one of my trigger foods). I’m super carb addicted, so sometimes I try to have some carby non Paleo food without going overboard, and other times I just know I have to stay away – jumping between moderation and avoidance depending on how I feel, idk, I just started doing this so not sure if that will work out in the long run but *fingers crossed*
Aidan – LOVE the boots, non bulky, cute and works int eh snow. I need that today! I’ve been curious about shoes that let you feel the ground, if that would freak me out or I would love it
Bayzee –Congrats on the low and enjoy the wings!! It must be gorgeous and snowy up in Canada!
TURBO - GIADA DRIVES ME NUTS. I cant even watch her foodgasm over chocolate. Can’t she be a fuggo face so I can be less jealous??!! I read a few articles on her and shes one of those annoying people who can eat in moderation and crap. Me? Gimmie a box of cookies and I def don’t stop at 1.
Jossfit – Saw your post on not weighing regularly, and hey depending on how I feel sometimes I do just fine with not weighing myself so if I don’t want to, I do just find not going on the scale, and other times I need to! So I def think this will work out well for you, esp if it has in the past
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #90  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieBPhoto View Post
Joss - we are going to go out. We just had a play date with the neighbors & the mom is this darling pastor's wife - just as nice as can be. She made sandwiches & a salad, & I started to panic about my calorie intake & put the brakes on. It's a f**king sandwich. I wanted to tell her I had a stomachache so I could avoid a stupid sandwich. So, I texted my hubby & said "we're getting 5 guys tonight. I refuse to be a slave to the scale when I'm 1.1lbs away from goal." I'm not going to become psychotic & borderline ED for 1lb. So, yeah, I'm having a burger & I'm going to enjoy it. OH! And it wasn't last night - it was last Friday.
Brilliant! Thats exactly how I feel about it lately!

I was reading through all the posts somewhat fast so I thought you had gone out LAST night... my bad.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote