Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #106  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Adfsjfhsdkfhsdjkfhsdjkfhksd up 3 lbs overnight, I give up.

Not really but this kind of thing (reverse whoosh without a good reason) NEVER happens to me.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #107  
Staying the Same

Where is everyone?

Alexis I had a dream that I was pregnant despite having TOM at the same time last night - erghhhhh - no clue why. I just had a few hours of cramps and then everything was fine so I'm writing it off as "normal period." As far as your plan goes - you KNOW strictness and being tough on yourself results in pushback - it's not a race! Think about all the miles you ran, how you ate pretty OK all weekend, and about other things. What kind of stew did you make?

Turbo Shopping...sometimes it's AMAZING and sometimes nothing fits or looks good. I tried to buy a one-piece athletic swimsuit Saturday and everything at the store was awful and squeezed my back fat. Sushi without soy sauce? You are rocking this self-control thing.

MaddieB NICE weigh-in today. You're so close to goal!

olehcat Mmm cornish hen and hard boiled eggs - sounds great. Low carb + portion control + actually controlling said portions = success for a lot of people. I have a rule where I save carbs for desserts, cause I have a sweet tooth.

Joss How was spa day? Fully recovered from "never drinking again" night? I'm glad you are liking IF so far. There ARE tons of articles and pieces warning against IF floating around out there, but there are just as many touting its benefits! IMO nothing is better than big satisfying meals that happen twice a day, "feeding time" set at X o'clock takes a lot of the decision making out of the equation which can be a good thing.

Bayzee ENJOY your diet break - thanks for the warning, I can't wait to have worse and worse TOMs every year! 112.4 is way below your ticker weight. You should change it! What are you eating for your diet break?

pixellate Hope you are well. Boredom and restlessness are a b!tch!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Sorry you gained, Krampus That's annoying. But it's TOM!

TOM is now officially late. Pregnancy test is negative, so I'm stumped. I have been averaging 26 day cycles since the miscarriage in August, & today is day 28. And wouldn't you know that it would change the month before we are ready to try & get pregnant again. UGH! And then the scale has been dropping FAST & it's supposed to be TOM. STUMPED like a tree!!!!

The cruise is less than 6 weeks away & I think I might keep my cals low to lose just a few more so that I can just gain them back on the cruise. That way it won't be as much of a gain...I don't know. Just spitballing here.

Happy Monday, feathers : )
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

JossFit I wouldn't worry about the work that goes along with a puppy too much. We did consider an adult dog, because I remember a puppy being a fair amount of work, but wanted our daughter to have that puppy experience. In any case, the accidents are getting fewer and further between, so we're always progressing at least. And he is a very good dog, not too hyper, which is great. The other morning I posted about was one of those 1 step back days, but I feel like we've taken 2 steps forward again over the weekend, so that is something at least. I guess it is a fair amount to worry about, but doesn't seem so insurmountable when you take it one step at a time (sort of like weight loss).

Glad to hear you are adjusting well to IF and enjoying your time with your hubby.

Maddie I wouldn't worry too much about the issues with your sister in law. A lot of people haven't said anything about my weight loss, even though it's very obvious. I think it's just sort of a comfort thing. I personally feel awkward bringing up how great someone looks after weight loss, even when I am 100% sure they've lost weight. Though I also feel awkward when someone repeatedly tells me how great I look every time I see them. I do see it being a bit weird that she hasn't said anything given her profession, but don't sweat it. You'll feel so much better in general if you just stop thinking about it. I've had personal issues with my MIL, back when they lived with us, and it got bad enough to the point where they had to move out. But now that I'm not dwelling on that stuff all the time I'm able to enjoy my time around her a lot more.

Turbo I actually did really well at the sugar bush, and didn't eat anything. My husband bought maple sugar candies and I was considering having one, but I was wondering out loud how many calories they had, and my husband made me paranoid by going on and on about how they are pure sugar. They are so small, and he had me paranoid that they'd set me back like a whole meal or something. I looked it up online today and it's about 100 calories I think, which is a lot for something so small, but not so bad considering there's no way I'd have more than one of them given how pricey they are. But I'm not really feeling tempted by them given that I've managed to avoid them for a couple days. I even avoided pancakes with maple syrup the following day, since my daughter wanted to use some of the syrup we bought. I guess it helps that my husband didn't want any. I figured if he could avoid them, then so could I.

Those mini loaves look delicious! I don't do much baking because I can never resist it. I recently bought a package of jumbo muffins at my daughter's request, and ended up throwing the majority of them in the freezer, because I couldn't stand them sitting on the counter.

Bayzee 15 years with a dog is a good long time at least, but I'm sure you really miss him. That's the major downfall of having a great dane. We'll probably only get about 7 years or so with him, maybe close to 10 if we're really lucky, but I really love the breed regardless of that.

olehcat I did weight training 3 times a week for my whole weight loss journey and I don't personally feel that things would have gone any better had I just focused solely on cardio instead. If you're iffy about it, just start at more reps at a lower weight. Once I got closer to goal, I really started upping my weight to as much as I could handle, but at first, just doing it was what really mattered to me.

Pixellate I'm sick of the winter too and can't wait to get outdoors a bit more again. Truth be told, I'm not really an outdoors person, but I am at the very least looking forward to the option of taking my daughter to the park and walking the dog (as of now we can't walk him anyways, as isn't fully vaccinated - the vet told me to wait until after his next shot before taking him for walks. That's in 2 weeks, so I'm hoping it coincides nicely with the weather warming up).

Alexis I don't have much to report on the school situation. We basically put off doing the french test since they told us there was no registration deadline. We had been practicing her french more religiously in the beginning, and while we still practice, it's gotten a bit half assed. But I do feel like she's made a ton of progress in just embracing it and starting to randomly speak a bit more of it at home. I tried to schedule the test last week just to get it over and done with, but they told me to call back after march break, so hopefully next week she'll have her assessment done, and I'll have a better idea of what next year will hold for us.

I too tend to find I walk the line between being diet obsessed or not caring at all. I actually feel like in the past 2 weeks I've had a renewed sense of motivation. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm determined this time to have a better sense about it, and not stress too much over special events, or missed workouts. In fact, I've recently accepted that 5 days of exercise a week is sufficient enough, and on the weekend, I should just focus on family time. I had a really hard time getting to that point though.

krampus Ah, sucks about the random increase on the scale. I'm sure you aren't worrying about it too much anyways, but I had a recent similar frustration. I was on medication after a gum graft, and also maybe retaining some fluid because of TOM. I had a great week weight wise last week that totally made up for it, and I'm sure you will be back where you were in no time too.

--------------------

After my weekly competition weigh in, I'm now 2nd. I'm feeling totally confident that I can win this with 4 weeks remaining. The 1st place person is at 7.03% loss and I'm at 6.14% loss. And she wrote in her journal that she is going on vacation this week, so I'm assuming she'll probably have a maintenance week, hopefully allowing me to take the lead. Only I won't know for a couple more weeks, because she said she's going to skip the next weigh in (everyone is allowed to miss one weigh in throughout the course of the competition). I'm not sure if it was the anniversary of when I started trying to lose weight, or the short time frame left in the competition, but I've had a renewed sense of motivation lately and am starting to feel great about myself / my weight for the first time in months and months. I'll probably end the competition right around the weight I was back in September, possibly a bit lower. Regardless, I'm planning on transitioning into maintenance once it is done. Even if I'm not totally happy with where I end up, I'd like to focus on maintaining or a very gradual loss.
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #110  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Alexis : I don't diserve much praise for these Banana Bread : the recipe is really easy, that the kind of ''throw all the ingredients together and mix''. No fancy baking here It is the mini loaf pan that makes all the charm happens! lol

I am using Caloriecount. Everyone mostly praise MFP but I already had an account on this (don't remember why though). There is a few tweaks though, it is screening your nutrients intake and everything, and it can give you some alarming warning of LACK OF THIS or HIGH SUGAR INTAKE. I'm glad I'm not new to weight loss and that I don't let myself panic, influenced by this.

16 miles in a week, that rocks! It is maybe not your the 20 you were aiming for, but you got quite close. Aiming for a 15 miles goals for now could be a great idea and soon you'll be able to increase your miles! The nicer weather coming up will surely helps

krampus : Argh, that is really surprising, coming from you, this 3 lbs gain. Seeing you eating ... all what you eat usually :P and seeing like 1 pound up the next day, this thing really does come out from nowhere! The good thing is that is will probably get away in and out of nowhere way really soon too!

For the sushi without soy sauce, I think the girl at the sushi shop actually forgot to give me soy sauce and I really only had the japanese dressing thing in my bag. And honestly, I kinda prefere the other thing to soy sauce with sushis!

Maddie : I know that it's not your usual cycle, but 28 days is still pretty normal. Hope every thing will get into normal order soon for you!

Jessica : MAJOR PROPS to your self-control at the sugar bush! I did not know that candies like that would be so high in calories.

Throwing muffins in the freezer is a great idea. I freeze a lot of desserts, muffins and bars are great for that and they don't lose too much flavor or texture.

OMG what a comeback in your weight loss competition!!! GO GET THAT! You have really nice chance since she is going in vacation. Good luck!

Hello Feathers! Still 138.8 today. I'm doing okay so far. I just got back from a run where I ran my fatest 5k EVER for my speed workout. I am really thrilled about that, I did not experience hip joint pain after I was done (there was some muscular ''wth were you doiiing'' but I don't think there was joint issue. yaaay). My best past time was something around 29;35 and today I hit 28;25. I had a crappy 4th kilometer but at least I did not stop once (which is already a major win compared to last week horrible run).

Okay, TMI stuff coming your way : I discovered the miracle recipe to have regular pooping. Last week after a few days of constipation, I was frustrated and drank 4 cups of coffee in the afternoon, ended up not going for a #2 (and not sleeping until 1AM that night). But this weekend, I had coffee in the morning 2 days while having breakfast and I was able to go in the next hour. i was chatting about this with the boyfriend (because yes, we chat about that. a lot) and he says that he thinks the coffee is only effective in the morning for unknown reasons... Coffee quickly made its way back to my morning routine :P

Have a good day ladies!

Last edited by TurboMammoth; 03-11-2013 at 03:05 PM.
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #111  

Turbo - It is normal - I used to be 28 days on the dot. It's frustrating when you know your body, & you wait & wait & wait.

And yes! Coffee is a natural diuretic! Helps you poop! Glad you finally had a good poop! : )
Old 03-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieBPhoto View Post
Turbo - It is normal - I used to be 28 days on the dot. It's frustrating when you know your body, & you wait & wait & wait.

And yes! Coffee is a natural diuretic! Helps you poop! Glad you finally had a good poop! : )
After I red your post, I started thinking that my period should start anytime soon too. I checked my stuff and I am also on my 28th day today... whhhhhat is going onnnnnn
Old 03-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #113  

Height: 5'4

OMG Feathers, this is the weirdest thing. I came in slightly UNDER my calorie goal today, didn't feel hungry this morning, and am STUFFED right now. I friggin LOVE IF!

I left Colorado today, and it was a bit shaky between the hubby and I... So, TMI, but last night I was like "Hey there good lookin', I'm not going to see you for another 7-8 weeks, so hows about you come gimme some lovin?!" and so we went and hopped in bed, and he immediately just grabbed me and got into big spoon position and went to sleep! Not even a kiss!

Then this morning at the airport I got the lamest tight-lipped kiss ever. I was so mad I almost started crying. Like, can I feel any more rejected? It seemed like all weekend we didn't do much of anything, he didn't seem happy to have me there, and didn't seem to care that I was leaving. I basically just told him he sucked and walked off into the airport. I got checked-in and was in line for security and then my hubby popped up beside me in line. He went and parked and came in to find me just to stand in line and be with me. We chatted via text after I went through the line and he left, and he just basically said its hard for him to have me leave and it's depressing so he gets all gloomy-gus about it, which I get. Him doing that was a pretty nice gesture and it's totally the kind of out-of-the box romantic thing he does.

My travel home was uneventful. I am doing the whole IF thing, so I didn't break my fast until I got to DC at 1200 East Coast Time and wasn't even really hungry up until then. I had a Quest Bar, a huge green apple and a bag of beef jerky and it was actually really satisfying. I wasn't thinking about what and when I would eat next like I normally do eating mini-meals.

When I got to Raleigh and got my stuff I drove from there to Trader Joes since its near the airport and out of my normal route. I stocked up on their awesome frozen stuff; chicken burgers, turkey meatballs, chocolate covered banana bites and some other things like produce, chicken, some good dark chocolate, and their chunky version of the cookie butter to name a few. I also grabbed a chinese chicken salad that normally would be way too many calories for me to eat at once, but not on IF! I ate it, it was delicious, and I was a happy camper.

Once I got home and got all settled in I made my last meal for the day. I had a lot of calories left for the day, so I had TWO TJs chicken burgers with a piece of their awesome cheddar cheese (it's super thick and creamy) along with a HUGENORMOUS pile of asparagus and some salsa. It was like 70g of protein at once. I am pretty fat and happy right now;

I'm really glad that I decided to do this! (Oh, and those burgers were huge... the asparagus spears were like as thick as my thumbs, if that's any point of comparison.)

I'm also super tired, feel gross from flying, and need to get unpacked. I'll catch up on all the personals tomorrow morning!

Last edited by JossFit; 03-11-2013 at 07:43 PM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Oh, man, you guys, things are tough for me on the losing weight front. I feel tired of the whole thing, craving everything I shouldn't be eating, so stressed, very frustrated by the fact that I've taken over a week off from working out and now I literally won't have time today. Part of this is plain old fashioned time (or lack thereof) combined with horrible weather, which should be on its way out soon, but part of it is just me being so tired of trying and trying with no results because I'm not really trying, if that makes any sense.

I went through this phase last week for a few days where the idea of going ANYWHERE but straight home from work made me want to cry because I just felt so tired of being yanked in billions of directions. I'm hitting that WALL that you hit when you've been struggling to do too many things for a few too many weeks.

Luckily spring break is coming next week and I will have a week off work AND classes. I need it more than anyone knows. I'm just one massive stress blob right now!

Anyway, so my eating has been half-a**ed. No, I don't stuff myself and I've mostly been eating healthy, except when I'm not But I haven't been counting and yes, it shows, since I weighed in at 147.2 this morning (I did have a nightmare that I stepped on the scale and it said 157, which I have only seen one time in my life, and that was during a brief and scary time wheN I weighed up to 180 when I was first married). But even though reality was 10 pounds less, there has been NO progress, basically, for me since summer, and I've nobody to blame but me. All you people who are seeing a clear downward trend? Obviously you are doing it right with discipline and clear eyes and you know what works for you and you stick to it.

Yes, a few days ago, I said I was going to eat a mostly lower-carb diet and not worry about it beyond that and I did do that the last few days.

But here's how I would like to be able to eat if I controlled my own schedule:

fast until 1 or 2 in the afternoon with a morning workout, then eat a larger lunch with most of my calories, then eat a very light evening meal with just cut up veggies and salsa or hummus or something. I feel better when I go to bed with less in my stomach. And I feel better if I know that there is ONE meal at least, where I don't feel it's skimpy and tiny.

But because of my work/class schedule, that doesn't work. There's no time to eat a large, enjoyable meal at work at lunch, and besides, I generally do not feel like enjoying food then, usually stressed about one thing or another and rushing to finish eating. And on class days, I don't get home until 7 or 7:30. I don't really like eating a huge meal then because I go to bed so early.

Anyway, maybe I can do that on weekends at least and experiment with it over spring break. Because really, I need to cut my calories, and the only thing that would make that tolerable is if I got to eat a larger meal in there somewhere, as was discussing with jossfit.

@Jossfit - sorry things got shaky with your hubby. Glad he came through and was honest about why. That's so hard. I remember those years like that, with separate living and then sometimes I'd have all these romantic expectations and they wouldn't happen and I'd feel so bad. {{you}} On the other hand, it sounds like IF is REALLY making you feel good and confident! I know you're not weighing, but how do you feel overall in your body right now?

@Turbo - haha, on the coffee! I have coffee every morning, lol, and I do poop very regularly, within an hour probably of having it! And go you on the consistently lower weight!

@Jessica - whoo! You're totally going to take that contest! As for the weight training, ugh, I just dont' know. I wonder if part of it right now is literally my reluctance of adding just one more thing in my life since everything is so overly scheduled right now until the end of April. I may just wait until after the half marathon (which is at the end of April) and then revamp my workouts to again include more lifting...

@Maddie - I forgot if I've already asked you this before, but what is your calorie count currently? Did you say 1250? As for your period, it's probably wonky hormones. I know mine used to be a 24 day cycle like clockwork, but once in awhile things would get out of whack. Hope that resolves soon! Wow, it's awesome that you're able to drop weight while anticipating TOM any day! For me, that would have been a five-pound increase (I don't get my period anymore because of medication I'm on to NOT get it anymore -- my periods were horrendous and got in the way of just about everything in my life -- but when I did, holy crap, I'd bloat up like a balloon every month).

@Krampus - Your weight up has to be a giant hormone-related weirdness. I'm sure it will whoosh right back down very soon! I used to put on like 5 pounds before my period. I remember very clearly once some summers ago before I went on the medication that gratefully took my period away, weighing 134 one day and then the very next day weighing in at nearly 140!!!! (And no, I hadn't binged or eaten any more than usual). That was a usual thing in my world. So frustrating, though! I'm interesting in your rules. You have that rule about carbs. What are some of your other rules?

@Alex - baby steps indeed! I think you're doing great! Oh, the cornish hen is SO GOOD. Love fatty poultry, yep, I'll just say it here and proudly!

@pixelllate - I'm sort of trying this today, IFing and keeping my food mostly lower carb today. We'll see where it takes me!

Sorry if I forgot anyone, I'm sort of rushing this morning, been SO HARD to get out of bed since the time change...
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #115  

Height: 5'4

OK, time to get caught up on some personals!

Olehcat - Having done IF in the past and knowing that it worked for you, maybe it is worth another shot. You said that you would like to structure your meals to eat your biggest meal mid-day and a light meal in the evening but that you can't. What if you make your last meal your biggest? I know there are all sorts of different ways to IF, but I am basing my plan on the Leangains style. If you look at the website and take time to read through it there are some VERY interesing articles and studies regarding meal timing. One of them states that when having your largest and carb heaviest meal before you begin your fast again it actually has a positive correlation on your leptin levels and also helps you make it through your fasting period better. If you eat a small meal before fasting 14-16 hours it's not going to 'stick with you' as well.

I suggest that if you want to do IF again that you do a bit of research into it and WHY it can be effective for some people aside from just the idea of wanting to eat a larger meal. I don't want to sound like an ***, but it seems like you might be reaching a point of desperation and just want to find something that 'clicks' for you. I totally understand, believe me... but I fear that another 'failed' approach to managing your diet will only lead to more stress.

I also want to toss out there that whatever method you try, chances are it's not going to be EASY. You're going to have to make some effort somewhere; counting calories, watching carbs, doing IF, or some other such method. Rarely can people just eat willy nilly and not think about it and lose weight AFTER they have already been through phases of dieting. I don't feel like you can 'unlearn' what you know about calories and just be blissfully ignorant to them anymore.

Regarding how I feel (and thank you for asking); I've only been doing IF for a few days but physically I love it. My workouts have been great, I'm not hungry (at least not any more than previous mornings) and eating larger meals is super satisfying. I feel lighter during my workouts, more alert, and I know it's a placebo effect but I swear I feel the fat burning! LOL you'll have to read up more on Leangains about fasted state workouts and maintaining the fast AFTER the workouts, and it's effects on fat oxidation. (As a side note, I'm having coffee, BCAAs and L-Cartinine before my workouts to assist with that).

As far as how I feel my body LOOKs... meh. Its not like in a few days there would be any change, and I drank and ate too much with the hubby this weekend. Thursday wasn't bad, but then there was the unplanned outing on Friday that led to post binge-drinking pizza, chocolates and ice cream drunken munchies!

I don't think I'll see any results from this any time soon, as ultimately it's still calories in versus calories out. IF *SHOULD* help with adherence which is the most important aspect, but additional fat burning from fasting and fasted workouts would be lovely.

And yes... my hubby... he's a special breed. I think you nailed it when you said that its about the build up and the subsequent let down. He pointed out that the winter weather has been a factor during the last few visits and I have to agree with him; when it's snowy and miserable out it's not as much fun -- no impromptu outings for hikes, drinks on the patio in the sun, BBQs with friends, and summer day trips.

Turbo - Welcome to the world of coffee fueled poops! LOL, a LOT of people say that their morning cup of joe is part of their routine and they can't do without it. Its the caffeine... gets your system moving!

Congrats on the fantastic run too! A personal best is always a huge boost to your self-esteem and just keeps you pushing through.

How do you feel about incorporating calorie counting again? I use MFP, but it's really only to see the breakdown of protein, fat and carbs. I am too lazy to add it all up myself. I've always used a little notebook and I still do, but MFP is a nice 'sanity check'.

Jessica - I don't think that any perceived challenges would prevent me from getting a puppy at all! I plan to crate train the little guy and honestly my hubby's house he's renting isn't exactly a dream abode anyway, so I'm not worried about him having accidents. LOL, I'll get him all trained up and good to go before we move into our NEW HOUSE!! HAHA

That is fantastic that not only are you 2nd in your competition (whoot whoot!) but that you feel great about yourself and a renewed sense of motivation. THAT is the most important thing, for sure.

Maddie - Could your TOM issues be stress related? I know that tends to throw things off for a lot of women.

Krampus - boo for the sudden and unexpected jump! Any progress with that coming down today?
Yes, I am LOVING the IF. I feel like this is just better for my body... my workouts are better and I don't feel as hungry. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but this is amazing and I'm actually angry I stopped all those years ago! Traveling yesterday was so much easier and inexpensive too, considering I only had to pack one snack and not run around trying to find something low calorie and healthy and EXPENSIVE to eat at the airport. Win!
I am recovered from my hangover, and as predicted, don't want to drink again for a while... haha. I got it out of my system!
I actually still eat 3-4 meals as opposed to the 2 that you do, but that's flexible. I'm sure I'll adjust things as I get used to the way of life, but so far it's fantastic.

Oh, spa day was fantastic! I love my friend who does my massages but going to a spa and NOT TALKING and just getting the treatment was amazing. I got a fantastic full body deep tissue massage and then we rolled right into a really nice facial. Perfect. I'll have to make another appointment with her for my May visit to Colorado.

Alexis - Meeting my hubby's team was so much fun. I think he likes that I'm special ops as well and can relate to them in that way. I'm not a typical military spouse. One of the guys brought his wife out too, and she's super awesome. Her name is Kendra, and what I thought of when I met her was "she looks so much like Krampus!" LOL, I hope to get to know her more, and to see all of them again in May before everyone takes off. I think a big family BBQ would be nice. Maybe I'll plan that...

I struggle to figure out what I 'should' be doing as well, and I think that's more normal than we would like to believe. What matters is that we keep trying, right? You did great getting your running done this past week and are being realistic about your goals for this week. Don't sell yourself short; most people don't do half as much or care nearly as much about what they eat! Baby steps, remember?

Pixelllate - I didn't know you did IF too! Nice!

LOL is it wrong that I would want to kick Suri and Katie? I don't feel like any kid should be that 'entitled' to stuff for no reason, but then again if I had that kind of money would I treat my kid any differently? I guess we'll see if she turns out to be a horrible person or not. :/

I'm feeling winter stir-craziness too, and I think it led to my boredom eating and drinking with my hubby this weekend (or made it worse anyway) so I feel you! Hopefully it will start clearing up and getting warmer soon!

** I know I missed a lot but I read it all, I swear! **
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #116  

Joss : I just saw a recipe that remineded me of your sweet potato with peanut butter for breakfast that you talked about lately... http://minimalistbaker.com/sweet-pot...utter-muffins/
look at these muffins, I think they'd totally fitting well with your taste buds!

Back for updates and personnals later!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #117  

I did it, feathers!! Finally hit my goal!! : ) It was slightly anti-climatic, but awesome nonetheless. I'm just going to keep plugging away like I am, maybe drop a little more before the trip, but nothing aggressive. I don't want my face to start looking icky because I'm dropping too much. Plus, HOLLA! I've lost 74lbs & I'm going to enjoy it!!

OH! And I finally had some pink last night & then woke up to a full blown TOM! Thank the good Lord!! I feel so much better just knowing that rush of hormones is gonzo!

Olehcat - Yep, 1250. Once I dropped from 1400 to 1250, I saw the last few nice drops that I needed. I was able to do 1400 for about 15 lbs, but then I needed to adjust again. And usually I'm up on the scale before & during TOM, so I don't know what was different this month. But I'm certainly not complaining. : )

Joss - Sorry you didn't get an action from hubby, but at least he made up for his iciness ; )
Old 03-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #118  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Morning! Another drive by.

Maddie WHOOO! Congrats!

olehcat Sorry you're feeling so stressed. I hope things get easier soon.

Joss I'm glad your husband was able to explain what caused the tension. The inability to see into the thoughts and emotions of the person you love can be so difficult, especially when that someone isn't the type to readily lay it all out. I know how much that confused rejected/neglected/unwanted feeling sucks! Glad IF is working for you.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Turbo I'm not a coffee drinker, as I never developed a taste for it, but my husband always has a coffee in the morning to get things moving.

Joss Your meal looks delicious, as always! I'm glad that your husband came to stand with you so you could clear the air. Your flight would definitely have sucked if you had left on that note, I know it would've ruined my day completely.

olehcat It just sounds like you need a motivational boost. I totally understand, I back slid with my weight after September, and just sort of maintained 10-15 lbs above where I had been until recently because I couldn't motivate myself. I think it's okay to take a bit of a maintenance break if you need to collect yourself so that you can buckle down later when you manage to find the motivation. And it sounds like a great idea to add in the weights after your done training for your half marathon. There is no way I'd get in my weight training if I were doing as much cardio as it would take to train for something like that.

Maddie Congrats on hitting your goal!
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #120  
Staying the Same

125.4 today, down a pound, I had a HUUUUUUUGE very very fibrous dinner last night and went to bed and woke up feeling insanely bloated. I bench pressed w/the bar for the first time and found I can technically get more pounds up that way. It was totally not that scary - though I can see how failing would have painful consequences. Went to Pilates w/my roommate and some strange guy wearing baggy sweats and SUNGLASSES came into the class and left after 15 minutes. He couldn't handle it.

I have to make cold calls to news TV and radio stations and newspapers now. I'm SO BAD at this, I hate the phone and I always stutter or sound like a timid mouse.

Personals later!